Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Mars + Heaven: Side Stories ❯ When are They Coming Back? ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When are They Coming Back?

How long has it been? No one had an answer for that. The interns lay around the living area of the Bebop.

“Are they coming back yet?” Daisuke asked.

“We don't know!” Soot said. How many times has he had to answer that question? Things had been so boring without the couple. Everyone had just been going along with what they usually did. They had to survive, you know? That's been going well. There have been some active days. Others were rather slow. This was one of the latter.

Mandy shot Daisuke a cold glare.

“What?” the intern asked.

“Don't start again,” she said. The boy looked confused.

“But I didn't say anything,” he said.

“Then don't,” Mandy said. Daisuke blinked. Bemmer patted him on the shoulder.

“Just don't,” he whispered. The smaller boy blinked. Mandy kept her eyes locked on them. Soot rolled his eyes. His coworker went back to work. Bemmer and Daisuke stayed frozen.

Everyone looked up when they heard footsteps walking into the room. T.J. stood in the doorway, frowning.

“What are you all doing lying around?” he asked. “Have you gotten your work done?”

“Yeah, yeah,” Soot said. The others nodded.

“Did you do it right?” T.J. asked. The interns looked at each other. They already knew what was coming next. Their boss was just as bored as they were.

“Why are you doing this to us?” Bemmer asked. Their boss raised his eyebrow.

“What?” he asked.

“All of… this!” the intern shouted. Soot turned his head.

“You keep giving us busy work,” he complained. “Are you bored or something?” T.J. just stared at them. That alone told them everything. Daisuke raised his hand. T.J. looked over at him.

“What?” he asked. The boy lowered his hand.

“Are they coming back yet?” he asked again.

“Shut up!” everyone yelled. Daisuke drew his mouth closed.

“Okay…” he mumbled. Not faster enough, my friend. Not fast enough.

End