Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Just For You ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: goes to clamp Can I own CCS? Looks at me in disgust and gets thrown out guess that's a no…
L
L
Just For You
L
L
By: animeluvin
L
L
Chapter Two
L
L
Sakura sigh, looking at the window. She didn't have any classes to take care of so here she was, sitting here with nothing to do. The others had classes to take care of and Chiharu left early since she was needed. With a tea at hand, Sakura blew on it silently, thinking to herself.
“This is pathetic.” Sakura said to herself. “I'm wasting my time here. I'll just go home and come back later to cover the last class. It been a while since I last got time to myself to actually practice.”
Sakura finished her tea and got up. She walked out and inhaled the air outside. Her shoulders rise and left as she let the air out. She glanced up at the sky, thinking what a great day today was.
She smiled to herself as she headed for home. It was then, did she hear someone calling out to her. She turned to see who it was. A male with medium-tone brown hair and dark brown eyes was running up to her.
She gave him a smile, and started walking, with him following her steps. “Hey Shiuki, long time no see.”
“Yea, I know right! Last time I seen you was like a month ago.” He said giving her one of those smiles.
“So what have you been up to lately?” Sakura asked politely.
“Nothing much. Are you invited to the party this weekend?” He stopped walking and turned to her.
Sakura stopped, seeing he had. “Yes.”
“You're going right?” Shiuki asked uncertain.
“I think so, or else Tomoyo will kill me for sure!” Sakura answered with a laugh.
Shiuki gave a nod and started walking again. “You know, some people are going to be- er, you know- bring dates and everything, even to those uninvited.”
“Yes?” Sakura asked, urging him to go on.
“You know how it is. Us low people- not popular, unwell known-. We don't get invited to these kinds of things. So I was wondering- that, um- you don't have to but- could you take me?” His face was burning red from the embarrassment. “I really want to see that guest of Eriol's. I was hoping that you would- er—take me so that I can go along. I mean, you're like so well known here that people bend rules and do special things just for you.”
Sakura couldn't help but smile. “Why didn't you just say so? Tell you what, I'll do something more. I'll get Eriol to give you an invitation!”
Shiuki instantly brighten. “Thanks Sakura! This means a lot to me!”
“No problem. But, if you don't mind me asking, what's so special about this guest?” Sakura asked curious.
“I'm not exactly sure, but I heard that he is really special. They say that he's as high as Eriol in rank, which is really unbelievable, since Eriol is the king's half-blood brother. He seems really interesting.”
“Oh, I see. Weird, everyone been talking about him lately. I just don't see what's so special? Shouldn't be keep to our usual ways and get along with our lives. It's so weird of Eriol to even give some people days off just for him. Haven't you noticed that he ordered servants to start cleaning his place, without a spec of dirt?” Sakura said, shaking her head.
“That's what's so interesting about him. I think there's more to him than meets the eyes, but that's just me. You know me, I'm always so curious.” Shiuki said with a laugh. “I'm really sorry, Sakura, but I got to go. I have to be home to help my mother. Bye. See you at the party then.”
Sakura waved good-bye as he ran off. The more the days passed, the more it feels as though that the guest that was to arrive is sohonored. She'll found out soon enough.
Sakura looked up at her home. It was big, compared to the others. It wasn't as big as this before, but the town's people felt so grateful towards her, they wanted to give something back. Like Sakura, she didn't want any of it, but they insisted. They gave her money, but she used it only to help start more schools. What she got, she gave back. She felt grateful to the town and these things were nothing compared to what it gave her.
She walked up the steps to her own private fighting room. Swords and weapons of different kinds were located at the end of the room, neatly standing against the wall. Sakura walked to the right side and opened another door. It was a small room, but it was only used for storing towels, robes, and handkerchiefs for cleaning the weapons. She got out a random robe for practicing. After she tied her hair up with her favorite pink ribbon, Sakura got her sword.
She had many, but she always used this one. She felt connected to it, for it was one of those things that her mother left behind for her. Her mother too was a fighter during those times and it was also that, which made father fall in love with her. He liked women that know what they want and will work to get it. Her mother was Japanese and her father was Chinese though, so she was half-half. When she was little people use to look down upon her since she was only part Chinese. But she showed them. They didn't dare mess with her after seeing what she can do. She loved training to fight more than anything and over the years, she improved in everyway she could think of. She learned to use what she have handy, you never know when that's needed and most be able to take advantage of what surrounds her.
Sakura got into her stance. Most people would probably have one and use that for the rest of their life, but Sakura was different. She knew many, for she believed that different stance would work better against some people. With her sword held by her right hand, she slowly raised with above her hand, pointing the sword in front of her. That was another thing about her; she knew how to use both hands to fight. Why? When she was little she once broke her arm and wasn't able to use it for weeks. She didn't want to miss out training, so she got adjusted with using both hands.
In an instance, she thrust the sword, with her arms straight, eyes on the sword's point, left arm out, and right leg up. She learned over the years that rising one leg helps in battle, as if she got block, it would help her to jump. She learned to fight from her mother, father and brother. But when they realized that she was way beyond what they can do, they had hired many to each her. At the age of five, her mother had passed away. During those next few weeks, all she did was train, day and night.
Sakura twisted her wrist and swung her leg, in such a way that she was up in the air. She twisted in circles as she landed. It was another tactic to get away from an opponent if she needed to try another approach. Each teacher she had taught her something else. Though none was her standards anymore, each contributed to what she was today. She was their best student, but as students grow and learn, they don't need their teachers anymore. She hadn't forgotten them, for she owed them for what she become.
Sakura jumped forward slashing right and left, before landing on the other side. Though many kinds of attacks were formed, she didn't find any of them that suited her. The next few years, she had taught herself her own moves, suiting only herself. It was as deadly as any. She was way out of the best fighter of the town's league and hadn't been able to find a suitable opponent since.
Even though she had her own moves, she organized, she still practice those that were taught to her. She felt free when she trained, like nothing could stop her. She was proud of herself from reaching this far, but she wanted to go far more beyond. That's definitely a day she will wait for.
Sakura practiced tactics after tactics until she was out of breath. It was hours since she had started and she needed to get back to the school. She changed into her normal cloths and wiped away the sweat. She took a last look at the sword within her hands, before she threw it to where the other weapons were; it landed perfectly and stood against the wall.
She gave a small smile before going out of the room. She ran down the stairs and gave her father a kiss before going. She was should have left already, but been so caught up with training that she hadn't noticed. She ran. If she hadn't she'll probably be late. That was another thing about her that she needed to improve, be punctual! She never seems to be able to do that.
“Hey Sakura!” Tomoyo greeted as Sakura ran towards her. She was waiting for her outside the school.
“Hi Tomoyo!” Sakura shouted back.
“Hurry up before you're going to be late again. Oh yea, change of plans today. Since Yamazaki taught them, something about movements, you'll need to show them some of the moves and blocks.” Tomoyo said, as she trailed behind her.
“Okay, no problem. Thanks. I was thinking about doing that, but was going to delay it.” Sakura was now pouring herself a drink from all the running. “Done. I'll be going now.”
“Sure.”
“Oh yea, can you go ask Eriol to invite Shiuki, the Samiru family? He been asking be about that. Thanks you're a doll.” Sakura said, without waiting for an answer.
“Sakura! Wait!”
“Sorry, I don't have any time to spare now. Bye. Got to go to class.” Sakura waved behind her.
“Just great! Leave me with the problems!” Tomoyo muttered.
L
L
Syaoran lifted the curtains of the carriage and looked out. They were now traveling on the rocky roads. Within hours, they should be able to reach Xiao Ying Guang. It had been shorter than he thought it would have been. He was able to reach there in about two and a half day. During those times, it was impossible to practice, so he ended up reading about some tactics and their special attack.
It was sort of hard to concentrate with the wheels rocking away, shaking him up and down. His carriage was like a small room. He even was able to walk within it, but it just wasn't the same. It may be big enough to do some practicing, but those leaps into the air, with the carriage going, caused him to be bumped into the walls.
It was funny if you were there to see it, but if you were to laugh, your head would be long gone. Syaoran stood up, needing to stretch. Just because that he wasn't able to practice didn't mean he still wasn't able to get in shape.
While he stretched and exercised around, he thought back to the marriage. Meilin was his distant cousin. She been tagging along with him ever since they were little and Eriol and him would ditch her. She been a pain, but there were times that she got them out of huge jams. Maybe making her as queen wouldn't be as bad as making some unknown person, but Syaoran doesn't love her. He'll probably go insane before next year.
Kimi was another story. She was one of your snotty types. She was pretty all right, but disgusting inside. She was cruel and thinks that no one can compare with her. If he were actually to marry her, he'll probably have her as one of those backstage queens.
He left the care of the castle and problems to Su Xiu. He felt that he could trust him. They were brothers. During the time for the throne, they weren't enemies so his place was safe with him. Well, at least he thinks it is. He may do some crazy stuff at times, but he'll take good care of it.
Syaoran walked over to where his sword was. He pulled it out and started to clean it to perfection. He tested the side of his blade with his hands and turned it around examining it. The edges were sharp and unchipped. He slashed it to his left, getting a feel and taste of it.
He smirked, the closest thing he gone to a smile for quite a while. One thing when he gets there would be to find the Ying. He wondered if he was an old men or of some sort. He probably is, from the rumors of his skills. It would take ages for these men. Syaoran on the other hand was different, he inherited from someone in the family generation, though his mother or father were of great skill warriors. Most have skipped a generation. He trained harder than anyone else there is and that's what made him to become what he was today. He could take out men twice his size within minutes.
All of a sudden the carriage stopped. Syaoran looked up annoyed and took his sword with him. He heard swords withdrawing from his soldiers. Something was wrong.
He hurried up, and opened the huge curtain. Men in black outfits; with handkerchiefs to cover their face was up against his men. They circled around each other before attacking.
“What's going on?” Syaoran shouted annoyed.
“We're sorry your highness. But as we were going, these men came from no where and demanded that we leave so that they can have your head.” Said Wei, Syaoran's personal servant, bowed his head. “Please your highness, get back. It wouldn't be good for you to get involved.”
“Be quiet now. I can take care of myself.” Syaoran looked around at what was happening. His men were up for it. They were of average in martial arts, and compared to the other men, they were of nothing. From what Syaoran can make out of their moves, it could be seen as the black dragon. A technique that incorporated, the royal bloodline's special tactics. It was almost the same, but deadlier.
“Who are you people?” Syaoran shouted.
No answer was give to him as his men continue to die. There was only for about thirty of the fifty he had took with him.
“That's it!” Syaoran grumbled. He jumped towards them. Good thing that his clothes were fight for the occasion.
His hands moved towards his sword, located on his side. In a quick heartbeat, it was drawn and Syaoran had entered the battle. They weren't much against him. They may be above average, but Syaoran was a master.
“Leave a survivor. I want answered.” Bitted out Syaoran.
He moved left and then jump into the air, coming down into a surprise attack. His sword pointed at one of them, but change course at the last minute into kicking him with his feet.
“One down and three to go.”
Syaoran's men ran up the man that just came down. They captured him by his arms.
Within minutes, they were all captured. Their identity revealed, but weren't recognized.
“Who went you?” Syaoran asked with a deadly glare.
One of the men, assumed as the leader, spitted towards his feet. “I'll die before I tell you.”
“So be it.” Syaoran motioned for one of his soldiers to kill him.
Blood splashed out and onto the floor.
“Any others?” Syaoran asked, looking at the three remaining. “Tell me before I really get mad.”
The three just glared at him and in an instance they were all dead. Not because of Syaoran, but because of suicide. They were trained assassins, those who would die when they were captured.
“No.” Syaoran shouted. He hadn't gotten his answers yet.
Each had dead just there, without anything happening. They lumped down. Apparently that had taken a certain drug that would kill them if they don't get the antidote. This drug was like many, assassins used, they have all kinds. Each with a different time limit. Their time was up.
Syaoran took his head in disgust. “Get them out of my sight. Feed it to the dogs or something.”
His soldiers pulled the four lumping bodies out towards the water to dump, while the others dragged the dead bodies of their own men towards the side to clear the way for their journey again.
Syaoran grunted and got back on his carriage. He was sure it wasn't the last of them that he would see. Who would be trying to kill him for his throne? Anyone within the castle would know and according to the way the fought, he'll say that the person been planning for years and finally saw his chance.
Syaoran ramped through his mind, thinking who it could be. His biggest suspicious were his half-blooded brothers. They had the biggest motives of anything. The throne, the kingdom, and the power.
There were only a few of them that he believed would do such a thing, like Eriol, Su Xiu, and a few more of them. But the others, he wasn't so sure about. They had stayed peaceful for quite a while, and now things are stirring up again.
The carriage started to go, meaning everything had been taken cared of. It wouldn't be as relaxing as Syaoran had hoped it would be. This just made it more work for him. To think that he actually believed that it would be fun for a change. How wrong he was.
L
L
Sakura had just finished her last class of the day and was pretty exhausted. That, she had to be ashamed of. All her training weren't kicking in today, probably because she hadn't gotten much sleep for a while. She'll go to sleep early today.
“Boo.” Someone said behind her. Sakura jumped and was prepared to kick whoever or whatever it was. Sakura as a master of martial arts didn't mean that she wasn't human and get scared at times.
“Eriol!” Sakura shouted in relief. “I thought it was a ghost or something!”
Eriol smiled. “Sorry to scare you. I was just having a little fun.”
“You wouldn't be when your head is on the floor.” Sakura threatened.
“Is that how you speak to me?” Eriol said playfully using his rank against her.
“Why-“ Sakura started in an apologizing form. “Of course!”
Sakura brought her feet up and swung it from the right, and was about to kick him square in the head when Tomoyo voice broke in.
“Sakura! Eriol! What are you doing?” she said shocked.
“We were just playing. No worries.” Eriol said with a smile.
Tomoyo looked at them unsure. She knew Sakura's temper and when she's grouchy you got to stay miles away.
“Oh yea, Eriol I been meaning to talk to you about your party.” Sakura said, as she walked to pour some drink for the three of them.
“Tomoyo told me already.” Eriol interrupted.
“Not that. It's about your guest. Who is he? There are some heavy talks about him everywhere.” Sakura handed them each a cup.
“I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.” Eriol said, grinning. “I'm sure he'll want to meet you.”
“Why would he?”
“Well, hello! You're the person that saved the whole place two years ago!” Tomoyo said, pretending to knock on Sakura's head.
“What she said.”
Sakura looked at them oddly. “That's nothing special. I thought it would be for something else.”
“And get this, he's a martial arts master as well. You could get some competition from him.” Eriol said, trying to tempt Sakura.
“Now you're talking!” said Sakura. “How good is he?”
“Probably one of the best you can find. Your level or higher.” Eriol said easily.
“No way! He can't be that good. Sakura is like- what, the best you can find!” Tomoyo argued.
“Tomoyo.” Sakura whined. “I think he's getting more interesting than before. What kind of weapons does he specialize in?”
“Swords, like you. But he could use any as swiftly.” Eriol informed. “He's that good. I knew him since I was little. He was always interested in fighting and he's only twenty.”
“HA! Sakura's younger and could be of the same level!” Tomoyo said proudly. “So she's better!”
Eriol chuckled. “Don't be so sure. He'll give all of you a surprise.”
“What's his rank?” Sakura asked curious.
“Nothing really special.”
“Boy, were the rumors wrong then.” Tomoyo said.
“I wouldn't be so sure of that if I were you.” Eriol cut in.
“The party is this Saturday at eight right?” Sakura asked, making sure.
“Yes. He'll be here about two days ahead of time, but he'll need his rest and then, will the part start. I'll be expecting both of you.”
“I wonder if I should bring a date.” Tomoyo wondered out loud, causing Eriol to choke a bit.
“Now Tomoyo. You know that I'm here.” He whined. “I could be your date if you really want to have one.”
“Hm-“ Tomoyo pretended to think. “No.”
“Oh come on. Don't be like that. If I have to, I'll make sure no dates.”
“That'll ruin all the fun.” Tomoyo was playing with him. Sakura could tell. She was baiting him, to eat out of her hands. Sakura shook her head, thinking that her friend hasn't changed a bit. She still likes to tease people as much as making cloths.
Sakura walked out leaving the two to talk. If that guest of Eriol is as good as Eriol says, then she'll need some practice. Maybe all the practice that she can get. She'll work on a special technique just for him. Sakura couldn't wait for the challenge. It been a while since she actually had a good opponent to match up with.
Sakura headed home for the second time today. She'll start practicing now; she'll give all she got. Maybe he'll stay long enough for the yearly tournament at Xiao Ying Guang. Now she'll have two things to wait for, the battle with Eriol's guest and the tournament.
Hm- this will definitely be interesting. Her students been excited about it as well, but unfortunately, they weren't skilled enough, next year, they would be. Last year, Sakura had won, like everyone predicted, but this year, they're letting in travelers to compete as well, so great warriors around the kingdom would all be coming. If only it would be sooner, but it was in about two and a half weeks from now.
L
L
Syaoran stepped out of his carriage. It was nighttime now and the town was dead silent. Not much light was on, only those that were held by the stand guard. Eriol met him up from, with a bright smile and about ten people behind him.
Eriol gave a small bow, as their ranks weren't as huge as others. Syaoran gave a smirk.
“Long time no see man.” Boy would his mother be furious with this kind of language.
“Come on. I'll show you around and into my place, before the town's people realize the special guest has arrived.” Eriol said, showing him the way.
Syaoran walked in steps with him. “What? You told them?”
“Just that you were a special friend and I even got a party going on just for you. Aren't you special?”
“It's just like you, Eriol. You never change.” Syaoran said with a small smile. “Now, how about some fun? A fight maybe, like what we use to do.”
“Are you trying to kill me? You know you'll win. But, here this, I know someone who would definitely be a challenge to you.”
“Who?” Syaoran asked, curious.
“You'll see. You'll meet that person at the party.” Eriol said, making sure he didn't say `she'. Knowing Syaoran, he could just dismiss it without a thought. He didn't believe women could fight or do much in that case. Just a few defensive moves are just good enough. “I'll take you up on your offer. I have a room just made for you to practice in.”
“You're going down Eriol, boy.” Syaoran said, acting more like himself than a king. “Down you go.”