Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Leap From the Edge ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Leap from the Edge

By: Authoress K. C.

~~~

We'll just pretend these comments were never found by you, Igina.... They DEMAND angst from me.... i hate you..... OH WELL! *gryns* *flips the light switch and then another and whirls her evil white lab coat around her in the blue and red flashing lights* MWEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHE!!!!!! *looks all PsychoK and mad scientist-ish, with a little of the Drug Addict Kitty and the CatNip Forrest tossed in there too* On with the ANGST!!!!! Enjoy Minna! Mwehehehehe!

~~~

Honey coloured eyes stared down from the window of the descent sized house as the boy below passed, smiling plesantly, though not quite as if he were really listening to the bippy girl on roller blades. The boy's dark hair glinted almost steel in the sunlight, as they passed out of the shadow of a spreading tree. There was a brief, shimmering glint from his face as his head tipped a bit to the side and light was refracted from the simple, circular specticals he wore over his smoke gray eyes. The pale china doll skin looked lighter against the dark uniform jacket.

The owner of the dark coloured eyes backed away from the window, sitting on the edge of the bed nearby. A dark hand reached out and tapped the button on the CD player near the bed.

I'm on a train, but there's no one at the helm

And there's a demon in my brain starts to overwhelm

And there it it goes, my last chance for peace

I lay me down, but I get no release

The honey golden eyes closed in pain, but it wasn't a physical pain, it was more of a pain from knowing something that was near but could never be had. It was a pain of regret, or loss, of something never gained. Something that would never be.

Golden brown eyes opened and suddenly the owner of those eyes was struck with a simple idea, an simple end to this pain that stung, like a fire ant stings, only a thousand times multiplied until it was like hornets. There was an answer in this. There was a final touch to the beauty of the smokey boy.

I try to keep awake

I try to swim beneath

But still I find this narcolepsy slides

Into another nightmare

Amber eyes gleamed with the new knowledge, and the person belonging to those eyes smiled, a smile of innocence almost, but with a knowing hint too it that would never quite vanish. They knew the answer, had danced on the edge of insanity for weeks. Now, they would gather their precious china doll in their arms and take the flying leap required over the tatters of their sanity and plunge with the boy into the abyss of the psychotic.

They wondered for a moment, if this was how murderers, mass murderers, serial killers, those who took other human lives for the pleasure, if this was how they began it as well. The dark eyes cleared of the thought quickly. Each to their own. Theirs was the leap from the edge they had danced for so long.

---

The golden amber eyes stared from behind the trunk of a tree, in the near centre of the park, waiting on the smokey boy. He passed this way everyday, except friday, at four o'clock. They had been covertly watching, not stalking, him and knew all of his little quirks and habits. Even his lapses into what could almost be qualified as their own brand of insanity.

And the footsteps came quietly, from the known direction. There was a the light humming in the beautiful timbre, the humming of a rather destructive christmas carol.

"Jingle bells, shotgun shells, Santa is dead. Tried to steal my teddy bear, I shot him in the head. Barbie doll, Barbie doll, tried to save his life. G.I. Joe eskomo stabbed her with a knife. Hey!"

Golden eyes shone brightly as they stepped from behind the tree, blocking the china doll's path to the small lake. They stared at the boy, then moved quickly, and hit him only hard enough to knock him out. They caught the boy and lifted him easily, carrying him.

At nights they had scouted the city area for any cliffs that might be there, and had found one that suited their purposes perfectly. He carried the china doll to the cliff, lay him on the soft grass, and sat down to wait. It wasn't long after five before the china doll woke, black lashes fluttering against his plae cheeks before those smoke coloured orbs revealed themselves behind the specticles that gleamed.

"Wha?"

They stood, as those eyes landed on them, turning, arms wrapping around themself, and stood at the very edge of the cliff. It fell straight away, into the abyss. They could only barely make out the boulders he would slam against.

They turned away from the abyss and the honey gold eyes stared at the boy.

"I'm waiting a bit, before I take that leap, leaving the shreds of sanity here, and plunging into the dark abyss of insanity. And I can't go there without you."

"Nande?"

The boy could be very clueless.

"I know about you. Eriol. I know about your friends, Spinel and Nakuru. I know about Sakura's father being the other half of Clow Reed, while you embody the other. I know."

The boy held out a hand, and they hesitated, and took it, pulling the boy close enough to embrace him. Their face was buried in that warm shoulder and a few tears crept down their face before he released the boy. They stared at each other, and then Eriol smiled. They turned away, their heart was rending.

"Don't, don't pretend you like me. I know better. You have Sakura, after all, the bippy, roller skating chosen one of the Clow."

"Nande? I don't-"

"Spare me."

And there's a demon in my head who starts to play

A nightmare tape loop of what went wrong yesterday

And I hold my breath 'till it's more than I can take

And I close my eyes and dream that I'm awake

"Then Nakuru. Or maybe you're into beastality, and you're in love with Spinel. I don't know. Nor do I care anymore."

Their eyes strayed to the abyss and hands gripped theirs, with alarming strength.

"What is going on, £

They smiled. They were striking alarm into Eriol's heart, making him panic. It was a rare occurance, one they'd never seen. But it didn't matter.

"Eriol.... I need you. I need you like air, like water, like food. I need you. You make me sane again. But you drive me crazy. You're--"

They broke off, and tugged free a dark hand, touching that pale face, tracing those darling features.

"You're the perfect china doll, with your pale gisha-type skin, a beautiful little doll. And I need you."

"I'm not, perfect, or beautiful. I'm spiteful."

"And I'm insane. Point being?"

They were amazingly rational. Normally, the word insane bothered them, and they preferred mentally imbalanced, but Eriol would prefer insane.

"You're just tired, you looked awful. Here, I'll even walk you home."

"NO! You don't understand! I LOVE YOU! And I wish I was me no more."

The last words were soft, and Eriol stepped back, and they recoiled from the shock written on those china doll features. They saw the horror. Eriol didn't return those feelings.

They smiled gently and tugged Eriol close, tipping the gamin face up.

"Can I please kiss you once, before it ends?"

"Nan-- Nande?"

"Please?"

Eriol seemed to realize, after the glance towards the abyss revealed it, and nodded. They lowered their face to meet those perfect lips and found Eriol a more than willing participant in this endevor. Slowly he left those lips and smiled, a gentle expression, a familiar one.

"It's time."

They scooped up the other boy who yelped and began to struggle.

"You'll only make it faster, hold still, I'm savoring this."

The boy stilled and hugged him.

"Don't do this... Please?"

They smiled and walked to the edge, then turned their back. They wanted to see sanity leave.

"I have to. And you have to come with me."

They leaned back and felt gravity take control. They smiled and clutched Eriol. They kissed the other boy again.

"Because, I know I'll never touch you the way that I want to."

They felt their body break at they impacted the boulders, felt life slipping away. Saw Eriol, crushed beside them and clung to the boy, kissing him.

"Gomen..."

Li's voice broke into a sigh, the last beath leaving him.

I try to keep awake

I try to keep awake

But still I find this Narcolepsy slides

Into another nightmare

I read dead Russian authors

Volumes at a time

I write everything down except whats on my mind

Cause my greatest fear is that sucking sound

And then I know I will never get back out

And there's a bone in my hand that connects to a drink

In a crowded room where the glasses clink

And I'll buy you a beer and drink it deep

Because that keeps me from falling asleep

How'd you like to be alone and drowning

How'd you like to be alone and drowning

How'd you like to be alone and drowning

Still I find this narcolepsy slides

Into another nightmare

Keep awake

Keep awake

Keep awake

Still I find this narcolepsy slides...

*~OWARI~*

The quotes were 'I know I'll never touch you the way that I want to.' and 'I wish I was me no more,' the underlined parts are the lyrics to Third Eye Blind's song NARCOLEPSY, from their album 3EB (Third Eye Blind). The song was written by Stephan *squee!* and Kevin *squee squee!* They wrote pretty much the whole album. It's good. I thought it fit. Wasn't that depressing. *dies*

K. C. *muah!* =^.^= *Mew!*