Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Gate of Destiny ❯ The Dark Ocean ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: ANGST ALERT! This chapter is not for the little kids, but there's nothing in here that deserves anything worse than a PG-13 rating. This doesn't mean I don't like dear Myo, because he's still my favorite. Either this chapter will have it so you say "Ha! He deserves that!" or "Man, I feel sorry for him…" Either way is fine with me, but I prefer the "Man, I feel sorry for him…" OK, I know I used the title before… Myotismon is my favorite and I wouldn't have it any other way! Angst and character bashing are totally different things. This is angst, not bashing. Also, thanks to blackmage718, Sabrina Black, BC, Taichi Princess, Chibigreenwizardmon, Blackout12, Avalon, Angel of the Dark, and DuchessRaven for their reviews! ^_^ WOO! I'M POPULAR!!! :) I don't own the quotes from "Gatomon Comes Calling" or "Sora's Crest of Love"! Extra-long chapter!

Chapter 2

The Dark Ocean

The Dark Ocean. Once a place where human souls traveled personally, it was now the limbo- or even a hell- for dark digimon. It was mostly a vast infinite ocean of metallic black waters, but it also had a small, overcrowded continent in the middle. The only shelters were the places beneath the trees, the caves, and the one lighthouse on a small peninsula, emitting black light and shining it through the fog in the gray sky. Marinedevimon ruled the entire Dark Ocean in his underwater cave, and Daemon said he ruled the land with his demon corps. If a digimon entered the Dark Ocean, they could never come out.

Myotismon arrived by falling from the sky into the ocean with a huge splash. He felt the pull of the cold current against him and pulling him down and the freezing water compressing his chest. Suddenly he hit a huge rock that was sticking out of the water and grabbed hold of it, climbing onto it and holding on.

The water was still rushing against him in an attempt to push him away. He was soaked and freezing, with the water dripping from his hair onto his face and his suit and cape clinging to his skin. He was extremely weak from the battle, and it was as if the water was draining him of his energy.

Suddenly the water began to form huge crashing waves that attempted to get him off the rock and drown in the ocean, to die and never return. A huge and familiar shape appeared where the waves were the smallest and the water was deepest. As it rose out of the water, it turned around and its yellow eyes stared right at him. Suddenly, Marinedevimon was almost completely out of the water.

"Well well well," he boomed. "I don't believe my eyes. The high and mighty Myotismon was sent through Magna Angemon's gate."

Myotismon refused to say a word. He hung his head in shame.

"What's the matter? Couldn't defeat those digi-destined?" asked Marinedevimon.

"I would have if it hadn't been for that… that… angel," said Myotismon. "This time I wish I would have attacked Kari and Gatomon."

"It's all history now," said the water demon. "There is no way you can change the past. And since you're in the Dark Ocean, you will never forget the past, either!" He lifted one of his tentacles out of the water and wrapped it around the vampire's waist. Then he lifted him out of the water and brought him close to where his face was supposed to be. "I've been watching you for years from in here. And I have seen that you were a master… no, more like… slave driver to the smaller digimon." He paused as Myotismon looked at him, pleading with his eyes not to do anything to him. "For instance, Wizardmon. He was very innocent, and you have really been nasty towards him since the day you met. And I remember… one of the last things you did to him was throw him into the lake, where he was rescued by one of the digi-destined."

"You're not…" said Myotismon.

"Yes I am," replied Marinedevimon. He whipped the tentacle around a bit and hurled Myotismon into the ocean.

He landed with a huge splash, and something seemed to be pulling him down towards the bottom of the ocean. It turned out that a long piece of seaweed had wrapped itself around one of his hands and was pulling him towards the bottom. He needed air and was incredibly cold. Despite being freezing beyond belief, Myotismon tried his best to tear the seaweed apart and swim to the surface. He took his free hand and attempted to untie himself, but it got wrapped in the seaweed as well. Suddenly he got an idea. He brought his hands up to his face and used his fangs to tear the seaweed apart. It worked for a bit, but he couldn't do it without tearing his own skin apart. So he tried to break them apart with his feet and it worked, though his gloves came off with the seaweed and sank to the bottom. Myotismon tried to swim up to the surface despite hardly knowing how to swim before.

Just as he reached the surface, gasping for air, Marinedevimon swung one of his tentacles at the vampire, giving him a hard blow to the head, knocking the wind out of him and dragging him to the bottom. "Don't you ever die?" the water devil boomed, chuckling to himself. Myotismon was still able to hear his every taunt. "What's the matter? Not deep enough for the likes of you?" He dragged Myotismon down to the bottom of the abyss, securing him down with his tentacle. He couldn't breathe as water rushed into his mouth and compressed his chest.

"No! Please, stop!" pleaded Myotismon with the last of his much-needed air.

"What? Oh dear, I can't hear you. Speak up a little more?" shouted Marinedevimon.

Suddenly a red figure floated up to Marinedevimon. "All right, I believe he's had enough," he told Marinedevimon, who quickly dragged him up with his tentacle. "I have all I need." The pendant around his neck started to glow crimson.

As Myotismon gasped for his much needed air, he stared right into the orange glowing eyes of a digimon a bit larger than himself who was floating in the air and wearing a red-and-purple cloak that covered his entire body, and so his face was hidden by a black shadow. He had horns and had an eye pendant around his neck.

"I suppose you are wondering who I am," said the digimon. "I am Lord Daemon, ruler of the land of the Dark Ocean. And who might you be?"

"I am Lord Myotismon, the vampire lord of Server and future king of the real and digital worlds," replied Myotismon. "It seems as if this place would be a good place to rule too."

"Real and digital worlds, you say?" said Daemon. "When you are in the Dark Ocean? Where there is no escape. HA! Not likely. And look at you. Drenched, powerless, and without your minions. Too tired to attack, and so vulnerable now."

"I'll show you vulnerable!" shouted Myotismon. "CRIMSON LIGHTNING!" He let out a huge whip of Crimson Lightning that just hit Daemon and did nothing, not even singe his robes.

"Just like you thought you were…" said Daemon. "All your power is mine. Try to attack a rookie, and it will only laugh at you and its mere pink bubbles will burst and knock you unconscious. You may be at the ultimate stage, but you're weaker than a baby digimon." The eye in the pendant glowed a bright crimson. "All the power you ever had is in this eye, and now it's MINE!"

"No! I need my power to live!" shouted Myotismon, trying to reach out but sink in the water.

"You need your power to live, huh?" taunted Daemon. "Well that's why I've taken it away from you!" He darkly chuckled to himself as Marinedevimon sank down to his underground lair at the bottom of the Dark Ocean. "You have always been stronger than me, Myotismon," he continued. "And now I am stronger than you. With your power, I am invincible and can do great evil things and not only control all the Dark Ocean, but Earth and Digiworld as well. And was that not YOUR ultimate goal?"

And then, before the vampire could say a word, Daemon formed a huge whip of Crimson Lightning- HIS Crimson Lightning- and whipped him with it and sent him flying across the water until he was halfway to land.

He was on his knees like a little child, so drained of his power. He couldn't even stand up without falling back in the water. Shaking, he attempted to stand up but fell right back in the water, hitting the sharp rocks on the bottom and almost drowning if not for the low water level.

Daemon appeared next to him and pulled him out of the water by his cape. "Look, you can't even stand up correctly!" he taunted, letting go of Myotismon and making him fall back into the water, this time head-first. "I have ALL your power! Yes, I even have your bats. I can use Grisly Wing on you, and the bats won't even know about it! The one with the power is their master!"

"What do you want with me?" asked Myotismon, looking up at Daemon.

"NEVER LOOK AT ME WITH THOSE EYES!" shouted the red demon digimon. "I can't stand those eyes! CRIMSON LIGHTNING!" He brandished a whip of Crimson Lightning and swung it around a few times before whipping the vampire across his back and causing him to shout out in pain. "There, how do you like that? I'm just like you now, you see! I love being you and able to push around digimon at a lower level. Well, since I'm a mega and you're only a little ultimate… you will be my whipping mon. Every time I'm in a foul mood, it is you I will whip. It takes less work to whip one whose energy is already gone."

Daemon stared at Myotismon. He knew how he felt, but hey, it was OK for HIM to do so, because Myotismon kept whipping those digimon at a lower level than him, and even at the same level. Still, the whipping mon shouldn't be dressed in a suit and cape… he could keep the mask. Maybe something along the lines of what Demidevimon looked like or something… he couldn't look like he was at a higher rank than Daemon, could he?

Suddenly Daemon just ripped the soaked cape off of Myotismon's suit, exposing the back of it. Then he took off that red scarf that went around his neck, the bat clasp that held his cape together, and one of his belts, throwing all of them into the depths of the ocean. Finally, he ripped off the top of the uniform, leaving Myotismon stripped down to his waist and even more vulnerable to attacks, then burned it with the Crimson Lightning.

"Just the kind of whipping mon I want," said Daemon. "Oh look, you're without your cape. Isn't that your shield?" He whipped Myotismon with the Crimson Lightning, and Myo collapsed back into the ocean. "Oh, you look incredibly weary from your journey. How about you get your rest for tomorrow?" He threw a ball of smoke into the ocean, and Myotismon fell asleep.

He woke up two hours later in the lighthouse on the cape. Daemon, Devimon, LadyDevimon, and Icedevimon were standing by the side of his bed.

"Why look what the Gatomon dragged in!" exclaimed Devimon. "My own brother, condemned to live in the Dark Ocean!" He laughed to himself. "Did they mistake you for one of the devil digimon or something like that?"

LadyDevimon sat on the bed and leaned over. "Hello, handsome," she said. "Mind if I take YOUR blood?"

"Never!" shouted Myotismon, attempting to push LadyDevimon off of him. But she was too heavy and he was too weak, so the vampire was unable to do anything but wince as LadyDevimon bit his neck and drank some of the blood that flowed out of the bite marks.

"What's the matter, cutie?" asked LadyDevimon. "Your blood tastes so rich and addictive, it's so impossible for me not to hate it! You've done this a million times to pretty young girls…" She backed away, a trail of red trailing from the corner of her mouth down her chin. It looked quite familiar…

Suddenly a vivid thought ran through Myotismon's mind… he was taking his nightly ride through the park in his dark stagecoach, when suddenly the scent of blood filled the air. Suddenly he was aching to feed, and commanded the stagecoach to go faster. Myotismon saw a young woman walking up the path, with hardly a thought in her mind except for going home. He caught the scent of blood running through her veins, but not the scent of fear. Fear seemed to improve the flavor. It was much like a meal for humans. Sure it tastes good when it's plain, but if you add just the right spices the flavor is improved tenfold. Fear was just like a special spice for blood.

"Ah, darkness," he thought to himself. "The cloak for my evil. Ideal conditions for producing fear. Human blood always tastes better with a dash of fear in it."

Myotismon saw the woman stop on the pathway. She was very beautiful with clear eyes, pale skin, and a face framed with wavy brown hair. Suddenly she stopped in her tracks, petrified. She knew something was coming. An expression of terror crossed her face, and her heart beated incredibly fast. Myotismon was able to smell the fear now.

The stagecoach door opened, and the woman turned her head towards it to see who was inside. She was hypnotized, and hoped that he wasn't the one she was afraid of. The vampire saw her eying him and staring into his own eyes, not noticing he was advancing forward and eyeing her neck in a hungry sort of way, catching a strong scent of fear in her blood.

The woman had the wrong idea. She leaned in to kiss him, seeing how handsome he was. Myotismon was leaning in too, his fangs gleaming in the moonlight. Before the woman was able to touch her lips to Myotismon's, he sank his fangs into the tender flesh on her neck. She screamed out, but no one was able to hear her except the birds that fly away. Rich red blood flowed out of the two punctured wounds, with fear as an extra flavor. Before the woman figured out what is going on, she fell unconscious as Myotismon drank the blood that flowed out and it poured down his throat, satisfying his thirst. As soon as his thirst was satisfied, he let the woman fall to the ground without a second glance and boards his stagecoach, guiding it back to the headquarters.

Demidevimon flew up to him. "Hey, boss, where were you?"

"I was just getting a bite to eat and getting familiar with the city," replied the vampire. "It's so hard to find a good meal so far away from home…"

It was that way for all the nights he was in Odaiba… he was taking a ride in his stagecoach through the park when suddenly a young woman came walking up the path, some frightened, some not frightened at all.

One night he was drinking the blood of an extremely frightened young woman, with the flavor more rich and delicious than the blood of any other woman. A young girl came running up the path and yelling "Mommy! Mommy!"

Myotismon looked up, with some blood trickling from the corner of his mouth down his chin, especially noticeable against his extremely pale blue skin. He was extremely mad at the girl for ruining his meal as the blood trickled from the woman's neck and dotted the path below.

"Get away from her!" shouted the girl, taking a stick off the ground and running towards Myotismon, ready to bash it against him.

"You've chosen the wrong mon to mess with," said Myotismon in his calmest voice, grabbing the stick away from the girl. "GRISLY WING!" He sent out hundreds of bats at the girl, and he got away while they pulled on her hair and left scratches on her skin. As soon as he was safe in the stagecoach, he snapped his fingers and the bats returned.

The girl had been mauled to death, and was on the ground next to her mother. Much of her skin was gone, and blood was pouring onto the ground. It hurt for her even to move. She cried out in pain for ten minutes before losing over half of her blood and taking her last breath. And there was Myotismon, looking at the young girl. He wiped the blood off his face and went back to his lair.

He had thought nothing of the event until he saw LadyDevimon. His eyes seemed wet with tears. It seemed that the thought of all those women… and the girl who was just defending her mother… seemed to make Myotismon want to cry. He didn't realize it, but they were helpless and innocent, with nothing to do with the digi-destined.

What have I done? he thought. I get my sustenance and I kill yet another human… I taste the blood now, but it doesn't have the flavor of fear. It now has the aftertaste of shame and remorse.

"Oh, are you short of words?" asked Daemon. "Are you thinking of a master plan to get yourself out of the Dark Ocean? You can't without defeating Marinedevimon first. And to do that you'll have to get your power back…" The orb around his neck glowed crimson, with little bat shapes flying around inside. "You love your power, don't you? You could make HIM go away!"

Icedevimon suddenly wrapped his fingers around Myotismon's bare arms, spreading coldness and numbness through his entire body. Energy also seemed to be drained out and seep through the ice devil's fingers, making him grow slightly larger.

"And your bats are gone as well," added Daemon. "So you're unable to attack with your Grisly Wing. You still have your Crimson Lightning, but it is useless!"

Myotismon tried to lift his arm and attack as a weak crimson glow formed around his hand, but Icedevimon held it against the bed. He was growing even colder and felt his energy getting drained. He felt like one of his victims… he was exactly like Wizardmon. Every time the wizard was attacked, the vampire seemed to absorb his energy, and maybe drink his blood if no other victims were in the area…

"NO!" he shouted. "LET GO!"

Icedevimon just chuckled to himself, then used some of his energy to fill the room full of ice and turn down the temperature drastically. He finally let go as the room reached maximum coldness. He pushed Myotismon out of the bed and onto the ice-covered floor and froze that as well.

"There. Now the room should match your heart," he said. "I'm like you, Myotismon. You have a heart of ice, if any at all. And I, literally, have the same thing."

"Why are you doing this to me?" moaned the ultimate digimon.

"You think you can be nastier than us devil digimon," said Devimon. "No mon should be eviller than we are. Especially a vampire who can't settle for just one world: the digital world."

"Or more powerful," added Icedevimon. "Unfortunately, you are both. Frozen are the damned."

The four of them turned and left Myotismon alone in the room. LadyDevimon returned and gave Myotismon a kiss that was much like acid and seemed to mock his seductive nature.

Then Daemon opened the door and said, "If you would like something to occupy your time, the portal in the closet leads somewhere very interesting." He slammed it shut, and then Icedevimon froze it shut, leaving Myotismon imprisoned in his frozen room and condemned to freezing to death if not suffering or starving. Who knew how long he'd be left in there?

Myotismon tried to stand up, but his arms and legs were considerably weaker after Icedevimon drained his energy. His drainage of energy also showed physically. He seemed to show a tired expression on his face and was also suffering from fatigue. Also, his face had gone from pale blue to almost white. If he slept in the room while it was frozen like this, he would freeze to death. HE decided to take his chances in the portal in the closet.

He grabbed a hold of the frozen bedpost and pulled himself up on it. Then he stood up, supporting himself on the bed. He went over to a drawer and took out the top of his suit and his cape, which were ruined and torn. He weakly put them on for warmth purposes and opened the door that led to the portal.

Inside the closet was a long metal platform that was suspended above an endless dark abyss, with purple smoke rising up from it. Mounted on nothing were what looked like tubes. There were about a hundred altogether. Inside each of them was a digimon, sleeping or even dead. They all looked familiar to Myo… among them were Gazimon, Floramon, Bakemon, Gekomon, Mushroomon, a few Gizamon, two Seadramon, a Scorpiomon, a Minotauromon, a BlackGatomon, and even Pumpkinmon and Gotsumon. THE very Pumpkinmon and Gotsumon he had killed. A few of them had messed up on his orders, and a few were brave enough to stand up to him, but most of them were there simply because they were useless or not powerful enough.

"No, it can't be," said Myotismon, walking over to one of the tubes with a Bakemon in them. "I don't remember most of these… possibly I do…"

He could hear their screams of agony now, the very ones that they had screamed before they had died.

"PLEASE! Take pity on me! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" "No, Lord Myotismon, I didn't mean it!" "I promise I'll be of better use to you!" "NO! SAVE ME! HAVE MERCY!" "Please Lord Myotismon, Master Myotismon, have mercy!" "NNNOOOOO! DON'T KILL ME!" "Whatever did I ever do to you?" "HELP! I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE!" "No! Hear me, it was only an accident!" "I promise I'll obey your orders! Don't kill me!" "Whatever I did, I won't do it again!"

Those teary eyes… the quiver in their voice, the fear of death… their lives flashing in front of their eyes. They all had desperate and fearful expressions on their faces… they were scared of him. He was an ultimate unlike other ultimates, and a villain unlike others. Not even a mega was brave enough to stand up to him, and not even Devimon killed his own henchmen in the blink of an eye. Some of them were for extremely irrelevant things, like Gatomon and her eyes.

"NO!" shouted Myotismon, clutching his hair. "It can't be! All the deaths I have caused for my henchmen have come back to haunt me!"

Suddenly more and more tubes full of digimon appeared behind the ones of the henchmen. There were hundreds of digimon in them. Possibly thousands. They were all the digimon he had ever killed, many of which were champions and ultimates. There were even a few megas in the group. All of them looked down on him with their eyes shut, but he knew that they were looking right at him.

Myotismon backed away, but all the digimons' ghosts appeared in the realm. They all landed in front of him on the platform, very angry.

"So, you've made it to the Shadow Realm of the Dark Ocean," said a Gazimon, advancing on him. "I didn't know you cared, you heartless fiend!"

"He doesn't," said a Floramon. "He's probably back to kill us again!"

"It's nothing like that," said Myotismon, backing away.

"Of course it is! Why else would you be in the Dark Ocean with us?" asked the BlackGatomon.

Then a dark portal opened at the end of the platform. Taking his chances, Myo ran his fastest into the portal. Unlike the Gate of Destiny, he didn't get sucked in. Instead, he turned transparent, just like a ghost. And only he could see himself.

"Where did he go?" wondered one of the Bakemon.

"Maybe he got sucked into hell, where he will rot for eternity like he should," replied BlackGatomon.

"Or he just disappeared," said Minotauromon. "We'll be here when he comes back. We can do a lot more than be transparent."

The ghosts seemed to dissolve into the air, waiting for him to return. Myotismon let out a sigh of relief as the portal closed behind him without a sound, leaving him entombed in pure darkness. He used to love the darkness, practically worshipping it. It was his element, perfect for producing fear. For what could produce fear better than dark surroundings, with no one to protect you, when suddenly a real vampire arrives for your blood? But now, Myotismon was feeling extremely uncomfortable in the darkness. It seemed to symbolize his blackened heart. Even he was starting to feel afraid.

That was when bright images flew in front of his eyes. Normally he would shield himself with his cape to protect his sensitive skin from the light, but now he seemed used to the light. Maybe even want the light to be there. The bright images whirled around then stopped to reveal Primary Village.

"Maybe I was supposed to come here to be reborn again, to mend my ways," Myotismon said to himself.

Elecmon walked into the village from the woods, hauling a huge net full of fish with him. It was the babies' feeding time. "Here you go," he said, dumping the fish out. "Eat up!"

All the baby digimon stampeded towards Elecmon, including one that didn't look more than a few weeks old. It was a black Poyomon with bright blue eyes like the ocean, full of laughter and delight. He was smiling and eager to eat his dinner. Just as he neared the net, one of the large Botimon shoved him out of the way.

"Boti! Out of the way, misfit!" squeaked the Botimon.

Still, Poyomon wasn't about to let one little comment ruin his dinner. He floated over to a half-eaten fish. That was when a Punimon jumped in front of it.

"Hey!" squeaked Punimon. "This is my fish! Get your own!"

Poyomon looked a bit crestfallen as he looked around and saw little baby digimon sharing fish with others. Even other Poyomons. Still the black Poyomon was refused by every crowd and when he got to the net there were only the unwanted remains of fish.

"Hey, don't worry," said Elecmon. "Not everyone gets something. Maybe you'll get your fill at tomorrow's breakfast." He walked away and grabbed a huge rubber ball and tossed it to the crowd of baby digimon. "Who wants to play catch?"

A chorus of "ME!"s uprose from the crowd, including the black Poyomon.

"No, not him!" shouted the Pabumon that was standing next to him. "He's not normal! He's a black Poyomon, and he's evil! Black is evil!"

Everyone seemed to agree. The black Poyomon was forced to sit out against the tree with the others who didn't want to play. They edged away from him and left him alone to watch everyone have fun.

"Is that me?" wondered Myotismon. "Am I the black Poyomon who no one wanted or respected?" He floated over to the black Poyomon, who paid no attention to him because he was inconspicuous to everyone except himself in the ghost form.

"Why don't they want me?" the black Poyomon wondered out loud. "Is it because I'm not a normal-colored Poyomon? I want them to respect me. I notice they respect Elecmon because he's the leader. Maybe if I controlled the entire digital world, every digimon will respect me and know who I am. They'll all pay for what they did to me."

"No!" shouted Myotismon. "You'll regret it!" Suddenly the scene of Primary Village dissolved to reveal another scene. He had digivolved to Demidevimon, only a different sort of Demidevimon that was black. The inside of his wings were red, and his eyes were blue. Instead of being an ocean-blue sea of joy, they looked more like a steel-blue, much like his own. He seemed to not have any hope, unlike when he was Poyomon. Was this why he hated Gatomon's eyes? They reminded him too much of his own, before the other baby digimon shunned him. He, as Demidevimon, had a chain around its leg. There was a green digimon that had the body of a dragon and a snake and the head of what might have been a human with a scaly dragon mask. It was pacing back and forth on the other side of the room.

"So, you failed me again, Demidevimon. For the last time!" shouted Toxidramon in his scratchy voice. He neared Demidevimon.

"I'm not afraid of you," said Demidevimon. "You can't hurt me!"

"Your friends have abandoned you," said Toxidramon. "So why are you standing up to me without your little rookie friends to back you up?"

Demidevimon refused to reply.

"Why do you not reply to me?" asked the dragon digimon. "You must reply to me now."

Suddenly Myotismon began to see himself in Toxidramon's place, and Kari in place of Demidevimon.

"You are a very foolish rookie. I command you to reply to me, by my order! As the future ruler of the digital world, it is required that you respect me as if I am that ruler now."

Myotismon hung his head in shame. He shouldn't have stood up to the Toxidramon.

"TOXIC CRUSHER!" Toxidramon forced a poisonous blast out at Demidevimon, who flew back against the wall. "That should teach you not to fail me."

Demidevimon groaned. "Some day," he muttered, "I will be the one controlling the digital world and even Toxidramon will be at my mercy!"

Myotismon knew seeing his life and how he was provoked to control the digital world couldn't get any worse, when suddenly he felt a searing pain between his eyes. Underneath his mask. He had remembered why he wore the mask. It was the red lightning-bolt shaped scar that was the source of his Crimson Lightning attack. It had faded over time, but was still there. The scar was also felt in his blackened heart. And now it was visible again. The scar appeared when Toxidramon attacked him for standing up to him.

That was when it got worse, much worse. Images flashed before Myotismon's eyes. This time, they were of himself. His face was emotionless, and he didn't appear to care about what happened to any of his henchmen.

"Never look at me with those eyes! CRIMSON LIGHTNING!" Myotismon saw himself whip Gatomon countless times with his Crimson Lightning until she was struggling to get on her knees, begging for mercy.

"Please, no, Lord Myotismon! Forgive me!" shouted Gatomon, tears streaming down her face.

Then another image. It was of him and Demidevimon, after the debacle at the palace with the grumpy Shogun Gekomon and Mimi making her crest glow.

"Didn't you say you knew what would happen if you failed?" asked Myotismon, relishing the scene before his eyes. Demidevimon was dangling about a foot over a fire by one leg, heavily sweating from the fire and struggling to break free.

"Well I didn't exactly say I KNEW knew but if it isn't much trouble can I bother you for a glass of water?" asked Demidevimon.

"You failed me, you miserable little excuse for a Demidevimon!" shouted Myotismon. He was holding the chain, and he pulled it so the chain that suspended Demidevimon over the fire lowered him two inches. Demidevimon was struggling even more to break free. "You know the consequences!"

"I won't fail you again!" he pleaded, beginning to cry. "Please don't lower me down any more! I'm hot and I'M GONNA DIE!"

Myotismon darkly chuckled to himself, and he made the chain go one inch lower. The fire was just licking Demidevimon's head and wings. "Seeing you writhe for your life is so delicious," he said to Demidevimon, who was actually crying and begging for mercy.

"I cannot believe what I've done to him," said Myotismon as a tear ran down his pale face. He saw himself do nothing as he sat back in his throne where he watched torture from the torture chamber, now with a glass of wine in his hand. "I can't believe how cruel I've been to my most loyal henchmon!"

The scene fast-forwarded to an hour later. Demidevimon was now gasping for water and crying out from the heat. Much of him was covered with ashes. "Please… I need water… I'm thirsty…"

The vampire got up from his throne, still holding the chain, and poured a glass of very bitter wine used only for the purpose of quenching the thirst of his torture victims. "Here, drink this!" he shouted, shoving the contents into Demidevimon's mouth.

Demidevimon coughed and sputtered. "Please… take pity on me! I know I have failed you three times when I tried to make the crests glow…"

Still Myotismon was not going to take this sincere apology for an answer to why his plans failed. So he flung him down the stairs, where he cried out even more. "Because of your stupidity all of my evil plans have failed!" he said.

"Forgive my mistakes, Master Myotismon! I beg of you!" Demidevimon cried.

"Courage. Hope. Friendship. The children's crests are beginning to glow. One by one!" said Myotismon.

"Everyone makes mistakes," said Demidevimon. "Remember disco? Besides, sir, not all the children's crests are beginning to glow yet." He flapped his wings and it produced an image of a doleful Sora and Biyomon. "That girl has the Crest of Love! And it's still not glowing thanks to me! Anyway, she'll be meeting up with the other children very soon. And when she does, Master Myotismon, that's when I'll get them!"

Myotismon seemed to lighten up. "You think you can? If you fail me again, my bats will have a new chew toy. YOU!" He turned back and left.

"What an atrocious fiend I have been," said Myotismon as he saw himself attack Wizardmon because he was with Gatomon. There was one scene he remembered more than when he threw him into the lake, and that was after he left and Gatomon was out to find more henchmen.

"Remember, Gatomon, do not fail me," he had told the poor cat digimon. Fear was in her eyes, as she tried her best not to make eye contact. She bowed to him respectfully, then left.

Gatomon had acquired a digimon for him, but he was the one that Myotismon had least expected. He made his Bakemon open the sack the digimon was in, and out tumbled Wizardmon. He was furious at this because Wizardmon had betrayed him after what he did to make him digivolve. So furious he had whipped both Gatomon AND Wizardmon.

"You are a TRAITOR!" he had yelled at Wizardmon while whipping him with his Crimson Lightning. And he actually enjoyed hearing him cry out in pain. "I gave you the chance to be powerful and you turned your back on me and attacked me! Wizardmon, your life will come to an end!" He gave him three final whips, savoring the cries. He returned to his throne, seething mad. He really wished Wizardmon was dead.

"He's not dead," said Myotismon as the scene dissolved. "He's still alive, and in Odaiba with Kari and Gatomon. I am surprised he is even alive after all the nasty things I have done to him." He hung his head in shame. "I wish I could have changed the past… but it is possible to change the future." As he floated in the vast dark universe which was his blackened mind and heart, he knew he must change his ways. And it was his choice. Myotismon was beginning to turn away evil and darkness, and towards hope and light.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I think all of my Digimon fics are connected in some way, and I didn't even realize it.

And I'm SO glad I got this done before the trip! ^_^ Please… tell me what you think! In the next chapter, Myo-kun just might change his ways after what he experienced. WIZARDMON IN NEXT CHAPTER! And now… Athena leaves you for vacation to not Seattle on Monday, but Tuesday due to something that came up. Will be back in about 1½ weeks! Maybe I'll even get the third chapter up by then!