Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ One Person Does Make A Difference ❯ The Arrival ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1:

The Arrival

Ever since I being separated from my parents and sister, I have been sent to many human camps. I have been known as a trouble maker. I was causing problems for the guards by stopping them from hurting the other prisoners and so forth. I was the self proclaimed hero for the other prisoners and the guards considered me a threat that I might start a uprising. So instead of keeping me in the same camp, they relocated me to another camp.

I am being transferred to this camp in the digital world were it is been declared to be one of the most brutal camps anywhere. It's suppose to contain some of the most troublesome humans and digimon that are either have been a problem to MaloMyotismon or like me, can't be controlled in the other camps.

I arrived in the camp within a day and was quickly send through the courtyard to be set up in the camp. As I was going through the courtyard I noticed humans of all cultures and digimon from rookies to megas all about. They all gave me glances. Seeing if I was anything special. But none of them dared to make any form of contact with me. Afraid of what punishment they would get if they did so. I also saw numerous guards, mostly champions to ultimate digimon set everywhere in the camp to prevent any escape attempts.

After walking across the courtyard we stopped in front of a huge building. We waited. As we waited for the door to open I took notice that at the far end of the courtyard was another building. I realized that it was too small to be the building where the prisoners were suppose to be held in. It seemingly was big enough to hold up to only one two or three people. Their were also two huge Devimons guarding the only door the of the building. Finally, after a few minutes of waiting at the door, a Andromon with a dark ring around it's need open it. Telling us to follow him we walled through the long hallway until we meet with whoever in charge. Which was a digmon named SkullMeramon.

"Ah, so are new guest has finally arrived." he said. He started to walk towards me, in attempt to intimidate me. Instead of backing away from him, I stood my ground by not moving away as he came closer to me. "Well, are you going to say anything to your new warden?" I just glared at him with hatred in my eyes. Even though I knew that he could easily kill me right there and than I wouldn't back down from him and give him that satisfaction. I would rather die being brave than living in fear.

"Oh, so are you one of those people that doesn't know the meaning of fear?" I looked at him with a confused look as to say, "What are you getting at?" "Don't be too surprised. I have looked at your record. Daisuke Motomiya, otherwise known as Davis. You were one of those people who tries to help defined others and not worry about yourself. Well, I will give you something to worry about. I think you should be sent to your cell now. Put him with Blade." "But sir. I know you want to break the boy's spirit, but is it wise to put him with Blade. I mean, he is after all just a boy." questioned the Andromon.

"Are you questing my orders Andromon?" "No sir. It's just that we both know what Blade has done to his former cell mates and they were tougher than this boy is. So why don't we just place him with someone else?" Before either of them could say anything else I decided to say something. "I have to interrupt you. But I have to tell you that I don't want any special treatment. So I prefer that you put me with this person named Blade. I don't want any kind of pity just because I am a boy. I want to be treated like everyone else here."

It was needless to say that both digimon were somewhat surprised at what I just said. "You impress me Motomiya. Your are fearless as you been said to be. Very well, your suggestion will be granted. Put him in his new home." Following Andromon and the two other guards, they led me out of the office and took me to the prisoner's cell building. "Are your sure you want to go through with this?" asked Andromon. "Yes I do. Ever since I got here all I heard is that I am fearless and that I don't know the meaning of the word fear. Well, I am going to prove that I am indeed fearless and that I know the meaning of the word fear, I just prefer to not let it control my life." "You are indeed brave. Foolish, but brave. I just hope that you are able to back it up. Because you are going to need to." "Thanks for the warning but I think I will be able to watch out for myself. Besides, how tough can this Blade guy be?" Andromon just kept walking and didn't say anything else. That what made me start to worry. By Andromon's reaction to my question I couldn't help but wonder what kind of person this Blade guy was.

We quickly arrived to the prisoner's building. It was some what bigger than SkullMeramon's building. Their were also guards all around. Soon after the door opened and they shoved me in. As we were walking to my cell I noticed that the other prisoners were either giving me glances or whispering their opinions about me. When we got to my cell I was once again shoved into it. The guards quickly left me on my own. Once they left I looked around my cell. All that was in there were a bunk bed, a sink, a toilet and the only sources of light was the lights that were across the entire hallway and a small window that was on the cell wall.

"So, they decided to give me a new cell mate did they?" said a voice. I quickly looked around to find the source of the voice. After looking around I saw that on the top bed was a man. He slowly climbed out of the bed and walked over to me. As he was walking towards me I noticed that he was huge. He had to be twice my height, even though I was at least six feet tall and more muscular than me. In other words, I was like a small child compared to him. "Well, I can't say I am upset about it. It has been a while since I had someone to have fun with." Even though I didn't know anything about this guy, I knew that his definition of fun was not good thing for me. I knew that he was trying to intimidate me. But I refused to back down to him and stood my ground.

Seeing that I wasn't frighten by him, the person that I presumed was Blade tried to insert some fear into me. "So, you think you are tough, don't you?" he asked as he pushed me. Instead of backing away from him as he wanted me to, I kept my ground and look directly into his eyes. I could tell that he was a little surprise that I wasn't backing down to him and he was getting a bit upset by me showing no fear to him. "I have to say that I am impress. My other cell mates would be already scared of me and wouldn't be able to remain calm like you are." "Then I guess that I am not like the others, am I?

"Why you little..." Totally furious, he tried to hit me in the face. Thinking fast I moved out of the way of the punches that were being aim at my head. He stopped momentarily to see that he didn't get in one shot on me and that I now had a little smirk on my face. Pulling his arm back again he was preparing to try again to make me scared. Instead of moving out of the way like he wanted me to, I stayed still and didn't move a inch. Then, when it look like he was about to hit me, he stopped just a few inches from my face. "Why didn't you move out of the way of my punch?" "The reason I didn't move is because I wouldn't be intimidated by you. I'm certain that you can beat me to a bloody pulp. But I won't be afraid by you. So go ahead. Beat me up and get it over with."

Not wanting to see myself get heat up, I closed my eyes. After not hearing or feeling anything except for my heart pounding against my chest I decided to open my eyes to see what was going on. The first thing I noticed was that Blade was just standing there with his arms by his sides and a small grin on his face. "You know what boy. I like you. None of the others were crazy enough to do what you are doing right now. You know I can beat you to a pulp but you refuse to show the slightest bit of fear. Either you are very brave or very foolish." "Umm, thanks...I think." was my only response as I was somewhat stunned by this guy's change in attitude towards me. "Calm down, calm down, I am not going to hurt you. I am trying to call a truce. Yet's get along as of now."

With that he stuck out his hand to seal the deal. I was hesitant at first. But I finally accepted it and shook his hand. "Okay, a truce then. Since we have a truce I guess I should introduce my self. My name is Daisuke Motomiya. But you can call me Davis. What's your name?" "I'm called Blade. But my real name is Gerald McFarley. The reason I want to be called Blade is because I wouldn't be so tough if I was called Gerald McFarley." "I agree with you on that. I mean, when was the last time you heard anyone with the name Gerald being a tough guy? Anyways, when do they serve the food around here? I am getting hunger." Not able to hold it in, Blade let out a small laugh. "I think this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship."

A week later...

It had been already a week since I was moved to this camp and not mush has really happen. Many of the self proclaimed tough humans and digimon tried to intimidate me like Blade did and just like I did with Blade, I didn't show any signs of fear to them. They quickly stop trying to intimidate me, seeing that they couldn't scare me and that I was now a friend to Blade.

Our friendship has gone well. We both watch each others back and step in when the other is in a fight. Of course we get punished for being involved in fights. Some of the punishments we received were either getting beat up, sent into their hot boxes for a few hours or we were confined to our cell for a day or two. But we keep being defiant to SkullMeramon and continue to be thorns in his side.

It was now nighttime and we are now in our cells just thinking to ourselves before we went to sleep. I was by the window looking over to the building I saw when I first arrived. I was still wondering why that building so important that they had at least to guards on watch at all times. Was their something dangerous in there? Was their some kind of trouble some prisoner that had to be separated from the rest of us and confined into that building? I would try to see what was inside but everytime me or anyone else got anywhere near it they would be sent away. Either they would move away before anything happen to them or like in my case, be moved away by force. Seeing that I couldn't figure it out on my own, I would ask Blade. Knowing that he has been here longer than I have he would know the answers to my questions.

"Hey Blade? Is it alright if I ask you a few questions?" 'Sure Davis. What do you want to ask?" "I was wondering what is in that building that is always being guarded. I mean, it has to be something pretty important to be watched over all the time." "Well, I am not completely sure about it but from what I know is that their is two prisoners in that building. One human and one digimon." "That whole building and all those guards are just for two prisoners? They have to be very dangerous to have all that to be kept a close eye on." "The reasons for all that is maybe they are rumored to be DigiDestined from Japan."

"Are you serious? A actually DigiDestined and their digimon, right here in this very camp. And if what you say is true then the rumors must be true as well. That the Japan DigiDestined and their digimon are still alive and are at different places. Do you happen to know who the person is or what is their digimon?" "I don't know anything about the digimon but from what I heard is that the human is a girl. Probably around your age. I am not certain about this but I think she was part of the original eight DigiDestined. Why are you asking me this now Davis?...Davis?"

After hearing what Blade said about who could be in that building I went into deep thought. *Could it be her? Blade said he wasn't sure about it. Still, I have to find out.* "DAVIS!! Are you listening to me?" yelled Blade which knock me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, sorry Blade. I guess I must of spaced out there for a while. What were you asking me again?" "I was asking you why do you want to know what is in that building?" "I just wanted to know what was so important to have all that security. Now that I have a good guess what it is I want to get in there to be certain." "What?!? No offense Davis, but are you nuts? How would you get past the two Devimon let alone get in?" "That is why I have a plan. It may sound a little bit strange but it might just work. But for it to work I will need your help to pull it off. So, are you going to help me or not?" "Alright. I'll help you. So what is your so called plan?" "It's very simple. My plan is this. We..."

Next Day...

We were all now in the courtyard for our daily relax period. Looking around I noticed that like usual their were guards

everywhere. I then looked over to Blade who was now on the other side of the courtyard to get my plan ready. He looked towards me for my signal. Taking a quick look at the two Devimon that were guarding the only entrance into the building I gave the signal to start the plan. The plan was simple. Blade and some of our friends would start a small riot. Then, in the middle of it they will move it closer to the building, which will cause the Devimon to get involve in it and would try to stop it. As they are distracted I would sneak into the building and find out what is indeed in there.

Just as I planned, Blade and the others started the riot and also like I planned, the guards were now trying to stop it. As they were doing that I quietly snuck to the side of the building. I poked my head to where the two Devimons were doing. To my dismay they were still blocking the door. Thankfully, I thought ahead. Some of my digimon allies moved in closer to the Devimon and started to fight with them. To make sure that stayed away from the entrance, the Devimon started to pushed them away and slowly starting to get involved in the riot. Not wasting anymore time, I went to the door. I quickly picked the lock open and I opened the door and walked in to see if my hunch was true or not.