Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Beast Within ❯ The explanation ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

*******Matt's apartment*******

Matt's apartment was not as big as the Kamiya's, it was more like the Motomiya's, but with less rooms. Matt had purchased the apartment early on during the previous year and was very comfortable in his private haven. It had a kitchen, lounge and dining area and then two bedrooms and a bathroom. Matt's bedroom was larger than the other room. He had a built in cupboard, and double bed, a desk, and then a long shelf on the opposing wall for his large sound system and CD collection. Matt came into his money much the same way as Tai did, except he had an advantage, his rich friend Michael. Michael was the drum player in his band and his parents were very rich. They had known Matt for a long time, and knew that his father worked hard to keep them going so they often gave him generous gifts, but Matt would never use them for money. Once he formed the band they thought he could use a decent sound system so they bought him a large silver hi fi set, with surround sound. But as for his guitar, Matt had worked hard for it. He took a summer job working at a carwash, grocery store, doing odd jobs, anything for money, as long as he earned it. And after two months of gruelling work he had enough to get really good electric guitar and start his band.

As for the other room, that was currently used for storage, and as a practise room for his music. But this was all about to change, as in a few days Mimi was going to move into Matt's apartment. They had been together for almost three years and they knew they loved each other and it was now time to take it to the next level. They decided to wait until after finals because they didn't need another distraction during that time. But they were almost over and the move was fast approaching, and Matt was a little nervous.

Currently the boy was asleep on the couch, he had navigated the innumerable amount of clothes on the floor and collapsed as soon as he reached it, two hours previously. He was in deep sleep, he hadn't even bothered telling Gabumon he was home, a good thing seeing as he was asleep as well. His dreams were torn in two, his happiness that Mimi was coming to live with him, and his anxiety… because Mimi was coming to live with him. He tossed and turned, and soon found himself on the floor, he had tossed himself right off.

"Ouch," he muttered as he sat up. He looked around, re orientating himself with his surroundings.

"Damn, I was hoping they'd have cleaned themselves up," he continued to himself.

"Matt?" Gabumon said as he walked into the room.

"Yeah, I'm in here," he answered. The blue and yellow digimon strolled into the room. He looked at his partner sitting on the floor, "You know it's not healthy to talk to yourself," he joked.

"It's good to know you're looking out for me," Matt replied sarcastically. Gabumon moved over to where Matt was and sat beside him.

"So how'd the exam go?" he asked.

"Good, I think I did well," Matt said unsurely.

"So I was a good quizmaster?" Gabumon asked.

"The best, I wouldn't rather have anyone else," Matt said. "I guess I'd better do something now," he continued starting to stand.

"Well, what are you gonna do?"

"I haven't got that far, I guess I'll practice my guitar," he said now standing up.

He and Gabumon entered the spare room. He looked around. Matt didn't have much that he needed to store, so there were very few boxes in the room. In the corner his guitar stood, the case lying beneath it. There was a chair next to it and an amp on the floor. This was not his good amp, that was in his room. He had bought this amp, but Michael's parents had given him another when he started his band. He walked over to his guitar and sat on the chair. Gabumon followed and slumped down next to him. He enjoyed listening to Matt, it was one on his favourite things to do, besides eating. Matt plugged his guitar into the amp that was already plugged into the power. It let out a faint whir, realising this Matt turned down the volume, the person below him hated noise, but she was hardly ever home. He struck a chord and it echoed around the room, and surely enough a banging came from below. Matt groaned, "Fine, I guess I won't use the amp," he muttered. He turned the volume right down and struck the same chord.

"It's not that bad, you play just as well without the amp," Gabumon said encouragingly.

"Thanks," Matt replied smiling. He set himself back into his frame of mind for playing, and began playing a tune.

The tune was quite different to what Matt usually played, but it was pleasant. It was a sort of soft-rock type sound but not. Matt was playing the tune but not singing as he usually did, not even softly. He played the tune till a good end, Gabumon applauded as he always did.

"Thanks, I appreciate the support," Matt said.

"That's okay, but why no singing," Gabumon asked.

"I don't have any yet, I still need to write them, and I haven't had any time of late, and I don't feel particularly inspired."

"Oh, well I'm sure they'll come to you soon."

"I hope so."

"How about some lun…" Gabumon started, being interrupted by the doorbell.

"That'll be Mimi, right on time as usual," Matt said looking at his watch. They left the room and entered the lounge.

"It's open Mimi," Matt yelled, Gabumon decided to sit. Mimi opened the door and entered the lounge, she was wearing a pink skirt, short as usual, and a blue top, with a Matt's jacket on top. Matt had given her his jacket just before Helios had reared his ugly head, it was a thick blue jacket that was way to big for Mimi, but she loved it.

"Are you crazy going out in that skirt, you must be freezing," Matt said as he rushed over to her.

"I'm not that cold," Mimi replied. Matt put his arms around her, he pressed her face into his chest, he could feel her face was freezing.

"I'll make some hot chocolate, you need it," Matt said as he let go of her and walked into the kitchen.

"Fine," Mimi said as followed, she opted to sit on a stool. Matt's kitchen was small, but not crowded. He had a single door fridge in the corner, an oven and separate stovetop built into the counter against the wall and a stand alone bar separating the kitchen and dining area's. Next to the bar were only two stools, that was all Matt really needed.

"Here," he said handing Mimi a steaming warm cup of hot chocolate.

"Thanks," she replied smiling. "So what were you doing before I arrived?"

"Well, I was practicing a new song I've been working on, but I only have the music, no lyrics, I just can't think of any."

"Well, why don't you play it for me and I'll see if I can help."

"Okay, I hope so, but then we gotta study." Matt and Mimi walked toward the music room, Gabumon joined in as they passed. They entered the room, "There's only one chair in here," Mimi pointed out.

"I'll go get one of the stools," Gabumon offered.

"Thanks," Mimi said to him as he walked out the door.

"It's hard to believe you're gonna live in here," Matt said looking around the room.

"Yeah, I've got a lot of work to do to the place, once we get this past my parents that is."

"Yeah, I forgot about that, but once we do, you're free to do what you want to it."

"Here you go," Gabumon said as he walked in with the chair. Mimi and Matt sat down in the chairs, while Gabumon again sat on the floor. Matt played the tune again.

"Wow, that's great," Mimi praised. "I don't know of any lyrics for it though, this is gonna be a toughie."

"Tell me about it," Matt replied. They both drank the hot chocolate when the doorbell rang again.

"What is it about this room," Gabumon joked.

"But who could that possibly be?" Matt said, a confounded look on his face.

"The others, don't you remember, maths exam on Monday… we have to study, we were gonna meet to study together… you offered to have it here.. does any of this ring a bell?" Mimi said slowly, leaving breaks for him to think.

"That's today!" the doorbell rang again.

"It would seem so," Gabumon said appropriately.

"I'd better let them in huh?"

"Yeah, they'd probably like that."

*******Back at Davis's*******

Davis was totally off guard, "Oh, uh, that… it's uh… a uh… stuffed animal, yeah, stuffed animal." He poked repeatedly at Veemon, "See."

"Don't lie to me Davis, I heard voices," Catherine said surely. Davis was still poking at Veemon and it was beginning to hurt.

"Okay, stop that, she's found us out," Veemon shouted, he'd finally reached his breaking point.

"Well if you hadn't spoken I probably could have convinced her otherwise," Davis said annoyed.

"And if you hadn't kept poking me I wouldn't have spoken, there is bone there you know," Veemon said defensively.

"Okay enough, how about you explain why you have a odd looking blue creature in you're bedroom?" Catherine said.

"Sorry, I guess we got off on the wrong foot, my name's Veemon, it's nice to meet you," Veemon said extending his hand. Catherine shook it unsurely.

"Okay, and what exactly are you?" she asked. Davis and Veemon looked at each other, "It's a little complicated," Davis started.

"I'll try explain, you can fill in what I forget," Veemon said.

"You'd better sit down, let's go to the lounge," Davis suggested. They walked into the lounge and took a seat.

"I'm what you call a digimon, or digital monster," Veemon started.

"And what exactly is a digimon?" Catherine asked.

"This is the complicated part. There is another world parallel to ours called the digital world. It was born of all the computer data we have in our world, and everything in it comes from computer data. Veemon is one of those things," Davis explained.

"So he's just computer data," Catherine said.

"No, he's real and living, he was just born from that data."

"Okay, I think I get that, but why is he here?" Catherine asked.

"You see, I'm a digidestined, I was chosen to protect the digital world from its enemies and Veemon is my partner digimon."

"What, you protect it?"

"Yeah, when it's in trouble all the digidestined go there and we protect it."

"How?"

"Well I can make Veemon digivolve, I use these," Davis took out his digivice and his D-Terminal, "The smaller one is called a digivice and the large one is a D-terminal. The digivice helps Veemon digivolve and the D-terminal stores these," Davis flicked open it's lid and beamed his digieggs into his hand.

"Wow, can I see them?"

"I'll put them down, only the one they were meant for can actually move them," Davis put his digieggs down on the table. Catherine examined them, "What do these symbols mean?" she asked.

"Well, the orange one means courage, the blue one is friendship. I'd better put them away," Davis beamed them back into his D-terminal.

"So what is digivolving?"

"This is my department," Veemon started, "When Davis is in trouble he can call Digiarmour energise, and utilise one of the digieggs to change my form."

"Interesting, can I see?"

"Yes, but not today, he'll break something, his other forms are a lot bigger," Davis said.

"Wow, this is quite a lot to take in."

"I know, I was quite surprised, it'll make more sense when you see it," Davis said.

"Just one more thing, before you said all the digidestined, how many more are there?"

"Well, Kari and T.K. who you've met, Tai who I told you about and then there are five others, their names are Sora, Matt, Mimi, Izzy, and Joe. You'll meet them all soon, we meet every weekend."

"Oh, and they have partners as well?"

"Yes. Tai, Matt, Mimi, Sora, Izzy, Joe ,T.K. and Kari were called before me. They had crests, but T.K. and Kari's got changed into digieggs. They work differently, one thing a crest digimon or ultimate is more powerful than an armour digimon."

"Yeah, but I'll get there one day," Veemon said.

"Of course you will," Davis replied.

"Alright, I think that's enough for now, you all sound very serious," Catherine said.

"Yeah, we have to, if the digital world is destroyed then our world goes with it. So you have to understand, you can't tell anyone what I told you," Davis said in a serious tone.

"Okay, I promise I wont."

"Great, now how about some food?" Davis offered. Both Veemon and Catherine's faces seemed to lighten at the thought of food.

"I can see you to are gonna get on just fine," Davis said chuckling again.

*******Back at Matt's*******

As expected, Tai, Sora, Izzy and Joe were at the door. They had entered and sat down in the lounge. Matt briefly 'tidied' it so there was room for them and all their books. This study group worked out quite well. Izzy was the resident calculus expert, Sora was a wiz at equations, Joe was quite good at graphing, while Tai could handle probability. This was the worst subject for Matt, he hated it, he did well in it with all the help he got, but he still hated it. In fact, all of the older digidestined did well in maths. Tai loved it, he had managed to surprise every maths teacher he had because he did not look smart, act smart, or even pay much attention. One teacher thought he was cheating and made him redo a test three times before he accepted that Tai had earned the mark. After which he apologised about twenty times, and Tai had milked it for all it was worth. But he was not fooling himself, he knew most of his success came from the help of his friends.

As for Matt, he did not have a mathematical mind, he was more of an English or philosophy person, you're right, as long as you can back yourself up, which he could do so well he would be able to convince you that an Eskimo needed ice. Mimi was much the same, but she really liked art, and textiles. Her ambition was to be a fashion designer or interior decorator, that's why it meant so much to her that Matt was going to let her decorate her room herself.

The group was deep in their studies, and all but Joe were very stressed out, this was of course the hardest of all the exams. Joe was calm because he was now at university and he had finished his exams half way through their term, but he was glad to help. He was studying to become a doctor, and doing very well now that he had conquered his fear of blood. He lived on campus at his university, as he was on a scholarship. It was one of the biggest rooms on campus, and he didn't have to pay. The digimon had accompanied their partners, but were not sitting with them. It was like a mutual agreement, the digidestined didn't want to teach them, and they didn't want to learn. So while they were studying the digimon were watching the muted TV.

They were up to their last topic, calculus. They had left the hardest till last and had been at it for an hour.

"Right, differentiate X10 with respect to X," Izzy volleyed another question at the group. Everyone wrote madly at their paper, Tai was the first to come up with an answer.

"I think it's 3X2," Tai said unsurely. Izzy looked down at his sheet.

"That's right, well done," Izzy said. Tai looked rather pleased, while the others were just relieved that he finally go it.

"Okay, I think we can stop now," Matt said, he was thoroughly worn out of doing maths. They had been at it since one that afternoon and it was now five in the afternoon, but they had been able to go over all of the work because everybody had been studying before then.

"How about a coffee?" Matt asked.

"That'd be great, I think I've had as much as I can take," Mimi replied.

"Yeah, I think we could all use one," Izzy added.

"Well don't worry too much guys, it'll be all over on Monday," Joe said supportively.

"Nice way to phrase that," Tai said.

"Oh, sorry. I just mean don't worry, bec…"

"Yeah, I know, I was just joking," Tai responded.

"It's good to see you sweat, you have nothing to worry about," Sora added.

"Guys, trust me I did this last year, it's not as hard as you think. Just when you get in, look at the question and think back to what you know, then see if that matches it or if you can make it match that. And don't panic, you'll only waste time."

"That's actually very logical," Izzy said to reinforce what Joe had said. Matt then walked in with the coffee, he set them down on the table and everyone took a cup.

The weather outside was becoming colder because it was now getting late and the sun was going down. This was well reflected in Matt's apartment because it too was getting cold. The coffee was appropriately timed because it gave the children a chance to warm up, they hadn't really noticed before. The digimon came over and sat with them, they even turned the muting off the TV.

After much talking about nothing, the digidestined decided that it was time to go home. Tai and Sora left hand in hand, as they could now always be found. Joe and Izzy were not far behind them. Mimi reluctantly left as well, as she was expected back at home a half hour ago. Mimi's parents were not very strict, but she was certainly daddy's little girl, in that he was very protective of her. They liked Matt though. They had met him during the myotismon saga and then actually spoke to him later on, when they were officially a couple. He was lucky because if they hadn't have liked him he would have stood no chance with Mimi, he could be very protective. This was the main cause of his anxieties over the move, do they even like me? Matt was not very self confident when it came to girls. Surprising because he was very headstrong in everything else. He did not know that they completely trusted him and as a result, he was worried, big time.

Currently the boy was on the couch, he was laying down. Gabumon was with him, but unfortunately not even he could put Matt's mind to rest. Matt lay their deep in thought until he eventually drifted back to sleep. His dreams were again unrestful, but he didn't expect them to be.

*******Motomiya Residence (A\N: Again!!)*******

Davis, Catherine and Veemon were seated along the couch. The TV was on and they were currently watching Card Captor Sakura. Catherine liked the show but surprisingly Davis had never seen it before. She was trying to explain it to him during the ads, but to no avail.

"So those are cards?" Davis said unsurely.

"Yes," Catherine said, waiting for the next inevitable question.

"But then how come they are large, and look nothing like cards?" Davis said, he still had no clue.

"No, they are magical spirits that each posses a different power. They are trapped in the cards, but she freed them so she has to reseal them."

"Oh, but then why don't they say that?"

"I don't know Davis, why don't you ask them?" just then it came back from the ad break.

"Alright, hey Sakura, why don't you call them magical spirits, that's what they are," Davis said to the TV in the dumbest voice he could muster, Catherine laughed. They continued to watch until it ended.

"I have just one more question, how do they get those skirts that short?"

"I don't know, but I certainly wouldn't wear anything like that," Catherine said, a hint of disapproval in her voice, Davis was secretly depressed, and it she could sense it.

"Well, not in winter anyway," she continued.

"Really," Davis said, /Of the million things to say and you pick that, nice one,\ Davis thought to himself.

"I'm gonna go shower. Can I borrow some of you're clothes to sleep in, we forgot mine at school?" Catherine announced.

"Sure, you can borrow one of my shirts to sleep in, and some shorts. We'll pick you're clothes up tomorrow." Davis replied. Catherine started to walk out, "By the way, I can't wait for summer either," she said audaciously, Davis didn't reply, /She's a feisty one, I think I like it.\ he entered his room and began looking for a shirt and pair of shorts., Veemon followed.

"What do you think of her?" Davis asked Veemon out of the blue.

"I dunno, I mean she was pretty cool with the whole digital world thing, and with me. She was also really friendly, so yeah, I suppose I do," he replied analytically.

"Oh, okay that's good, because I felt really bad just dumping this on you like that, you have to live with her to."

"But you know it's not what I think that's important."

"What? What do you mean."

"Come on, you know what I'm talking about, you like this girl… a lot."

"Is it really that obvious?"

"You are talking about me here, I'm your partner digimon, so if I didn't know I'd be worried."

"Sorry, I should have known. But what do I do?"

"Well, sit down and sort through you're feelings, and decide what you want. But I would let her settle in a bit, you should also get to know her more."

"Yeah, I suppose. How come you know so much about this?"

"I dunno, maybe it's a curse, to know about relationships, but not be able to have the one I really want," Veemon said, he brought the mood right down and almost had a tear in his eye.

"Ah, you still hung up over Gatomon huh?"

"Big time."

"Don't worry, I know where you're coming from, it hurt, but it gets better, and before you know it you'll have found someone better."

"How do you know?"

"Because everyone has a soul mate, and when you find them you just know it." In the background they could here the bathroom door open, "Davis can you bring those clothes now," Catherine yelled. Davis left his room and dropped them at the door.

"There you go, I'll go back to my room," he returned to his room. They heard the door open and then close again.

"Come on, we'd better get ready for her to come out," Davis said to Veemon.

"Okay, thanks for the talk."

"Yeah, you too." They laughed, then the bathroom door opened once more.

Catherine entered the room, the shirt was far too big for her, and the shorts barely fit.

"Sorry, those are the best I could find."

"Don't worry, they'll do fine." They returned to the lounge and sat down. Just as they had sat down the door opened and Davis's parents entered.

"Hi Daisuke, how was school?" Mrs Motomiya said as she entered.

"Mom!" Davis said as he sprung to his feet, Veemon immediately froze.

"Sorry, hi Davis." Davis had to think, "Oh, yeah.. that's better. And I need to talk to you about something."

"Oh, you brought a friend over," Mr Motomiya said as he entered the room. Catherine stood up and walked over to them with Davis.

"I don't believe we've met, I'm Davis's dad." He held out his hand, Catherine took it and they shook, "I'm Catherine," she replied.

"Hi, I'm Davis's mom," Mrs Motomiya said, they shook as well.

"This is kind what we have to talk about," Davis said as he pulled his mom into the kitchen.

"You see, I kinda signed up for the student exchange hosting, and they chose me," Davis began.

"And what exactly does this have to do with anything?" Mrs Motomiya replied.

"Well, Catherine is the exchange student.." Davis readied himself for the worst.

"Oh, that's nice, but you should have told me sooner," she said.

"So you're not mad?"

"No, but I have some work to so, the guestroom will have to be tidied."

"I'll do that, this is my fault after all."

"All right, but you should do it now."

"Okay, thanks mom," Davis said, he left the kitchen and breathed a huge sigh of relief. They re-entered the lounge, Catherine was talking to Mr Motomiya, "Hey, I'm gonna go set up you're room now," Davis said to Catherine as he passed through.

"What's going on?" Mr Motomiya said.

"I'll explain it to you," Mrs Motomiya replied.

Davis and Catherine entered the guestroom. It wasn't really used that much, they never really had guests. The room itself was not very big, it had a single bed, stand alone cupboard and a bedside chest of drawers with a lamp on top of them. The wall paper was the typical cheesy floral pattern.

"This is it," Davis announced.

"Not bad, I've definitely seen worse," she replied. Davis opened the cupboard and got out some sheets and a duvet, he began to lay them out on the bed.

"So what was that all about?" she asked.

"What? I just explained our situation… in baby steps."

"So did you tell her how long I'm here."

"Baby steps, baby steps."

"I'll take that as a no. but what's all this Daisuke business?"

"Ah, I knew you heard. Daisuke is my full name, I don't really like it so I shorten it to Davis."

"Oh, I think it's cute."

"Great, this is why I shortened it."

"Come on, I'm just teasing, it's not that bad, and I really do like it."

"Thanks… You can take it if you want."

*******Kamiya residence*******

T.K., Kari and Tai were also watching TV, nothing in particular, just channel hopping. The Kamiya's had cable so it was common for people to come over to them and watch there. This was especially easy for T.K. to get used to. Currently T.K. and Kari were on one couch next to each other and Tai was sprawled out on the other. Their digimon were seated on the floor right in front of the TV, and were engrossed in whatever was on, they didn't get to do this often.

"I can't believe it, all these channels and nothing on any of them," T.K. said, they had been through about twenty already.

"Get used to it, usually all the good stuff is on different channels at the same time," Kari replied.

"Yeah, but it's better than the alternative," Tai said defensively.

"I never said it wasn't."

"What are we gonna have for dinner?" T.K. said, neither Tai or Kari had really thought about it. Surprisingly none of the digimon said anything at the sound of the word dinner, although Agumon's leg flinched, and Gatomon's ears perked up.

"I dunno, we could order out," Tai suggested.

"No, not again, we do that too often," Kari protested.

"How about we make something ourselves?" T.K. suggested.

"Sure, but what?" Kari replied.

"I know someone that makes a mean macaroni," T.K. said looking at Kari.

"Oh really, are they available?"

"I hope so, as I remember they were quite the looker."

"Really, I don't think their boyfriend would like to hear you talk about her that way." T.K. put his arm around Kari and softly he said, "I think I can take him."

"How about we make sure he's real mad," Kari said looking into his eyes. They closed on for the kiss. They reached each others lips and were locked in passion, while holding each other tight. Tai was staring right at them, "Ahem," he coughed softly, they didn't hear him. "AHEM," he coughed louder this time. T.K. and Kari pulled away and looked at Tai, "Oh… right," T.K. said.

"Yeah, sorry. It's macaroni then?"

"From what I could gather," Tai replied sharply.

"Well I'll get started," Kari said as she stood, she was out of the room as soon as she could be, she was blushing wildly.

"Poor girl, I should have just left, I didn't mean to embarrass her," Tai said, he was feeling really bad.

"It's not your fault, it's mine, I started it, I'd better talk to her," T.K. said, he then stood up and left, he was also feeling bad.

He entered her bedroom to find Kari looking down at her bed. She was feeling really self conscious, and this had made her feel really awkward. She felt so bad to the point where she was feeling ill. The girl didn't know what to think, let alone do. T.K. walked in and right over to her and put his arms around her, "I'm sorry," he whispered. She was warmed by his embrace, but at the sound of what he said she fell straight to tears. T.K. did not know what he had done, "What's wrong?" he asked.

"It's you, you're taking responsibility when you shouldn't. You didn't even do anything and you're apologising, so from embarrassing you in front of Tai, now I'm making you feel bad as well." She turned around and her head fell to his shoulder.

"Kari stop. You're not thinking. It was my fault, I led you on to that, and I should apologise. I didn't think to hold back in front of Tai and I should have known, he is you're brother." Kari didn't say anything, but she stopped crying. She now looked deep into his eyes, and thought.

"T.K…"

"It's okay now Kari, don't worry."

"But what's he going to think of me?"

"I know where you're going and stop, he would think that you've finally found someone you really like, that's it."

"So he didn't look at me strange?"

"Of course not," T.K. spoke calmly and softly. No matter how angry Kari got, or what anyone (Usually Davis) had said, he could calm her down.

"Look what I've done to you're shirt, it's soaked."

"I'll go put another one on. Are you gonna be okay, because I won't leave until you do, I don't care if I'm here till the end of time, I'll be happy… because I'm with you." Kari felt those tears returning, but this time they were tears of happiness. She fought them back, "I'll be okay." T.K. left, he knew that she was only saying that so T.K. himself would feel better, but he could sense she needed some time alone.

As soon as Tai saw T.K. leave Kari's room, he got up and went over to it. He knocked on the door and entered. Kari was now sitting on her bed, she was not crying, but she was still upset. "Hey kiddo," he said walking over to her.

"Tai…" she said looking over to him.

"You shouldn't be so hard on yourself Kari."

"Why not, you must think so little of me now."

"Not at all, the opposite actually. If you want to know, I think that you were very grown up. You showed raw passion and emotion, that is something to respect." Kari didn't know quite what to say, she had never seen Tai talk to, or about, her this way.

"I know but… I guess I just thought you would think I was some kind of foolish kid."

"Of course not. You know how long it took before I realised and confronted my feelings for Sora, and you have those same feelings, and know about them now. That is very admirable, and very adult like."

"I suppose, but you've never seen me like that."

"Just remember, I have to deal with you growing up, you shouldn't take my problems upon yourself."

"Okay, I'll try not to."

"And don't forget, you can always talk to me about anything, I am you're big brother you know."

"Thanks Tai, you're a good brother." They hugged each other, Tai then walked over to her door, but turned around in it's entrance.

"One more thing, because I'm you're big brother, I reserve the right to do big brother stuff, like being over protective, got it." Kari smiled, "Sure," she said.

They made and ate dinner and even though it was late, it was good. Tai soon went to bed after, his mind was just too tired after all that maths. Kari and T.K. sat on the couch, they decided to watch TV for a while. It did not take long before the TV was off, and they were talking. It wasn't much of a conversation, and it was soon they found themselves asleep in each others arms.

Part three's over. Sorry if it was a little bland at the beginning, but I had to get that out of the way. If you are wondering, all this is going somewhere and I hope to start the plot soon. Thank you to everyone for the reviews, I do try to keep you happy, and I'm glad somebody noticed that Davis is a nice guy in this fic. But are there any Takari fans reading this?? If so I need you're guidance, I haven't had any comments from you yet. THANKS =P

ĄǜŦħŐŗМǒЙ