Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Beast Within ❯ The accident ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

*******Kamiya residence*******

the group arrived back in the Kamiya's study in one piece. They were all a bit worried, and Catherine was very confused. Catherine had not noticed until now that Veemon was not in his usual state.

"Um Davis, what happened to Veemon?" Catherine asked.

"That's Chibimon," Davis started.

"He's so small, and so cute," she leant sown for a closer look, Chibimon giggled at the compliment.

"But why is he like this?" she asked.

"Haven't you explained this yet," Kari said surprised by his absentmindedness.

"Well sorta," Davis mumbled, "But I'll clear it up now," Davis continued.

"Well, you do that in the lounge, and we'll get Tai," Kari suggested.

"Okay, makes sense," Davis replied. They filed out of the study.

They entered the lounge and sat, then Davis continued. "Digimon have a number of different levels or forms. The form they are in depends on the amount of energy they have. From the beginning the hatch from an egg in their baby form. It doesn't take long until they have enough energy to digivolve to the next level, the in training level. This is the level that Chibimon is at. From there they go to rookie, Veemon's state. Then as far as we know the hierarchy continues like this, armour, champion, ultimate, mega. All of those forms require human assistance, or a special circumstances."

"Like what?" Catherine asked.

"Well there are some very powerful digimon, kina like gods, that can do it, stuff like that."

"Right, but why is Veemon now Chibimon?"

"simple, remember how I told you digivolving took energy, well Veemon was already tired from digivolving twice, but the danger that thing posed caused him to go to champion, and then he didn't have enough energy to be in the rookie state so he went down to Chibimon."

"Oh, will he go back to Veemon soon?"

"Why, don't you like me?" Chibimon said, looking a bit insulted.

"Not at all, you're adorable, but how do you get energy?"

"Eat, a lot, I mean a lot," Davis replied emphatically.

"Oh, so all he needs is a good meal?"

"Yeah, we'll have that soon."

"Not too soon I hope," Chibimon said.

"Why, I thought you loved eating?" Davis asked.

"Sure I do, but if I'm Veemon I can't do this," Chibimon explained, then he hoped up into the couch arm and then right onto Davis's head. He nestled in his hair, and peered down.

"Oh I see, just using me," Davis joked, they laughed and then saw that the others were on the way in.

Davis stood right away, he was now really nervous, "Uh Catherine, this is Tai," Davis greeted. Tai moved closer to Catherine and she stood. They shook hands, "Hi, it's nice to finally meet you, I've heard quite a bit about you."

"Talking me up as usual I see," Tai said to Davis.

"No, I just…" Davis started, but he was interrupted by Tai,

"Just mentioned me a few times, I know how complex the situation is."

"Yeah, that's it."

"Well, how about we sit down and you can tell me what happened, it sound serious."

"It really is," T.K. said as he and Kari moved over to the couch and sat down. Tai, Davis and Catherine also sat down.

"So, what happened?" Tai asked.

"Wait, I wanna hear this too," Agumon said as he ran into the room.

"Oh, is he your digimon Tai?" Catherine asked, looking at the small orange dinosaur.

"You must be Catherine, Tai told me that you were coming. My name is Agumon, it's a pleasure to meet you," Agumon greeted with a large smile on his face.

"Well, you're awfully polite, aren't you. I'll bet you take after Tai." Catherine said.

"Not exactly," Kari commented under her breath.

"Hey, I'll remember that. Besides, I'm polite," Tai retorted.

"How about we get to the explanation?" T.K. suggested.

"I'll take responsibility for this, it was my idea," Davis started.

"Davis, it's not your fault you were attacked, and besides, no one was even hurt," Tai replied.

"Yeas, but it's still my fault, so I'll explain… as best I can anyway." Davis left a pause for objections, and continued. He explained everything briefly up to the part when they got to the cliff.

"We heard a strange noise coming from behind us, we turned around there was this weird forest right where the other normal one was. We think it was a dimensional rift," Davis explained.

"Like the dark ocean?" Tai asked.

"Exactly like that, but it was a forest. Catherine got up to take a closer look without knowing what it was. We tried to stop her but she was already up. Then out of no where this, thing came charging at us. Veemon digivolved to Exveemon and I managed to pull Catherine out of it's way, but his attack went straight through it. Then it charges right off the cliff into the sky and disappears."

"That is definitely new," Agumon said.

"Sure is, but what did it look like?" Tai asked.

"Well, it was this tall dark figure that was riding a huge horse, and he carried a large, long, mean looking sword. The weirdest thing was the horse had six legs."

"Six legs huh, this is weird, sound like something you should be telling Izzy, not me," Tai admitted.

"I don't mean to interrupt, but who is Izzy, will he know what's going on?" Catherine asked.

"He's another one of the original digidestined, and he's really smart, I mean really smart. He's also good with computers. Basically, if you need to know something, he can find it. So we should be able to find out what's going on, try not to worry," Davis explained.

"Okay, I'll try."

"That's a good idea, Davis, how about you and I go email him the info you just gave me, and we'll see what he can find?" Tai suggested.

"Good idea, we won't be long," Davis replied, mainly to Catherine. They left and went to Tai's room, Agumon and Veemon followed.

They entered the room and Davis shut the door right after Veemon had stepped in. Tai switched on his computer and it began booting up.

"So that's Catherine huh," he commented.

"Yeah, what do you think?" Davis asked unsurely.

"Well," Tai began analytically, "She's got nothing wrong in the looks department, and it seems she has a great personality. She appears to be very friendly, and she has a concern for a world she's only just been introduced to, so we know she has a serious side. Yup, I'd say you've found yourself a nice girl."

"Really?"

"Sure. But it never really mattered what I thought, you've made up your mind."

"Huh?"

"You like her, a lot."

"Yeah, I guess so, but don't know what to do. I mean I did what you said Veemon, last night I sat down and thought about how I felt. I decided to wait till today and see how I felt the first time I saw her."

"And what was that?" Tai asked.

"It's hard to describe, but it was a deep attraction."

"I see, but you have to be careful Davis, don't rush into anything or you could find yourself heartbroken. Just see how she feels, and go from there."

"And how am I gonna find that out?"

"I'm gonna help you," Tai said bringing a sly smile to his face.

"What are you planning?"

"You'll see."

"Hey Tai, I think it's done," Agumon announced from the computer.

"Great," he said walking over to the computer. Davis remained where he was, Tai turned around to see him still there.

"Come on Davis, try not to think about it for now, I promise I'll find out."

"Okay," he replied, then he and Veemon walked over to the computer. Tai connected to the internet and as usual Izzy was online.

"What the hell, I'll try message him," Tai announced. He sent a short greeting and this time he got a reply.

"I guess there's a first time for everything," Tai said as he began typing again.(A\n this is gonna work like a phone conversation, just coz it's easy, :P)

"Hey Tai," Izzy wrote.

"Hey, we got problems, but it's gonna take some explaining."

"Oh me, I'm fine. But enough of this why don't we get down to business?"

"Sorry, but I don't have too much time, another long story."

"Well, go ahead."

"Okay, Davis, T.K., Kari, and this other girl Catherine, who I'll tell you about later, were in the digital world, and they stumbled upon a dimensional rift."

"Really, that's interesting, any idea what kind of dimension?"

"They said it looked like the dark ocean world but it was a forest. Anyway, there was trouble when this large figure on a six legged horse tries to kill them with it's lengthy sword."

"Oh, that doesn't sound like any digimon we know of."

"That'd be right, because Exveemon's punch went straight through it's head. Then it just flies off a cliff and disappeared and so does the rift."

"Now that is interesting. I do like a challenge."

"So glad we could entertain you."

"Hey, we don't know if it's hostile, or what it wants."

"Judging by the sword, I'd say it's hostile. And the fact that it attacked Davis and Catherine, I'd say it wants us dead."

"That's not what I meant. Anyway, we'll meet tomorrow and I'll tell you what I've found. Let's say my place."

"Sure, see you then."

"Right, bye." Tai closed the window and logged off (A\N The others did help explaining, but I wasn't quite sure how to do that scene without confusing anyone so I didn't put there speech in, hope it helped). They left the room and joined the others.

They found everyone on the couch in the lounge. The TV was on and they were again watching Card Captor Sakura. Unlike Davis, Kari watched the show, but just like Davis, T.K. did not. She had done her best to explain it to him though. Davis walked in and sat on one two seater, Tai on the other, which left T.K., Kari and Catherine on the three seater. Chibimon regained his perch on Davis head, Gatomon was on Kari's lap, Patamon was on T.K.'s head and Agumon was on the floor beneath Tai.

"Ah, you're lonely, I'll come keep you company," Catherine said springing to her feet and joining him on the other couch. Davis didn't know quite what to say, he looked at Tai who was smiling profusely.

"Oh, if you don't want me here I'll go back," she said sounding disappointed.

"No don't," Davis said quickly. "You'll have a better view from here," He added, feeling he needed validation.

"Oh, well when you put it like that, maybe I will stay."

"So do you get this show Davis?" T.K. asked.

"Nah, not at all, but the girls are alright," Davis replied.

"Yeah," T.K. said with a big smile on his face, Kari backhand slapped him in the chest.

"So where are you from Catherine?" Tai asked from his now horizontal position.

"I'm from all over really. Before I came here I was in New York, but I was born right here in Odaiba."

"Really! I didn't expect that," Tai responded.

"Yeah, my mom is English and I take mostly after her."

"Hey Tai, what are we gonna do for dinner?" T.K. asked.

"What ever mom cooks," Tai replied.

"Oh yeah, they'll be home tonight," Kari responded.

"Why wouldn't they be?" Catherine asked.

"Well, our parents move away during the week for work because it's too far to travel each day. Their company pays for it though," Kari replied.

"But why are you worried T.K.?"

"I stay here during the week. My parents are separated, and I went with my mom and my brother, Matt, went with my dad. Then eventually I moved in with my dad and Matt again because my mother had to move away for work. Matt moved out and dad was always busy with his job. He asked the Kamiya's to look after me so I moved here."

"That's pretty heavy," Catherine replied for lack of better words.

"Well I'm here now, and I'm happy, so don't worry," T.K. replied.

"I suppose that's the important thing," Catherine replied.

"Hey Tai, was Izzy online?" Kari asked.

"Yeah, we spoke to him," Tai answered.

"Well, what did he say?" Kari continued. Tai did not give an answer, there was silence, until Kari repeated the question.

"Have you noticed how all the girls in this show wear really short skirts?" Tai said coming back to reality. T.K. and Davis laughed, but Kari did not see the humour.

"You know I think all boys are the same," Catherine commented.

"So Tai, what did Izzy say?" Kari asked the question slowly and precisely. Tai heard this time but pretended not to, "Huh?" he replied.

"One day you'll get yours Tai," Kari snarled back, threatening to maul him with a cushion.

"Alright, alright, I'll talk. He didn't know what it could be and said that he would do some research. We're supposed to go over there tomorrow."

"That's better. But what do we do till then?"

"Wait. What else can we do," Davis replied.

"Yeah, Davis is right, we shouldn't worry too much," T.K. added.

"I don't mean to intrude on your group, but I would really like to go with tomorrow, if it isn't a problem?" Catherine asked uncomfortably. Everyone looked to Tai.

"I don't have a problem, I can see why you'd want to come," he responded.

"Yeah, whatever it was did endanger your life so you have a right to come," Davis added.

"Thanks guys, I won't be a hassle or anything, I'll just listen in."

"No, don't do that, we need all the help we can get, so if you've got any ideas just fling them in," T.K. said.

"Yeah, usually it's just a big brainstorming session, so feel free to add anything useful," Kari added.

"Then it's agreed. But I think we should be going now, my parents will be home soon," Davis announced.

"Okay, we'll see you tomorrow then, be at Izzy's place at twelve, don't forget," Tai said. The group said their goodbyes and Davis and Catherine left, Veemon was walking this time.

They got out the door and Catherine soon put her jacket back on. The walked down the snow lined streets in silence. There were few people on the streets, but Davis got a few strange looks with Chibimon on his head.

"So what did you think of the digital world?" Chibimon asked.

"It was really nice, so peaceful, before that thing showed up that is."

"It's a bit like that, but we get used to it," Davis replied.

"I'll bet you miss those clothes though, they were quite something."

"Yeah, but we spend so much time there it doesn't phase me too much."

"What I don't get is why do so many things go after the digital world."

"Oh, don't worry, our world has had it's fair share. Twice actually."

"You're kidding, what did people say, what did your parents say?"

"People around here have a selective memory, what they don't understand they destroy, try to change, or in our case, forget. As for our parents, mine didn't find out about it, but a few of the other parents know, the Kamiya's for example. But we still hide our digimon from them, they'd only worry about us."

"The parent part makes sense, but what happened that they had to just forget?"

"It's a long story. Six years ago, a really menacing digimon named Myotismon came to our world to try and kill Kari because he knew that she was the eighth digidestined child."

"huh, wasn't she called with the rest?"

"Damn. I left that bit out too. Kari was supposed to go on the camp where the others were called, but she got sick so she didn't go. At that point time moved much slower in the digital world, so all the time they spent in the digital world was like only a few hour here. They were told by this guy, Genai, that there was another digidestined in the real world and that this Myotismon was going after her and they had to find her first. It took them so long to find out it was her."

"So what did he do?"

"Trashed the town a bit, that's when the mega level of digivolving was discovered. But the town got a little trashed in the process. The authorities blamed it on terrorists and the whole town ate up the explanation."

"Actually, I think I can remember that, I was still in Canada at the time."

"I know I wont forget it, I was taken hostage with lots of other children while he was looking for the other digidestined child. Izzy thinks that's why I was called, because I didn't forget about it."

"That's a pretty logical explanation. But what are we gonna do in the mean time?"

"Just what Tai said, try not to worry, and go to Izzy's tomorrow. Basically what ever passes the time."

"But it's so hard."

"Believe me, I know, you just have to have faith in our team, I know it's hard because you haven't met half of it, but we'll figure it out."

"You know what works well to pass the time," Chibimon said entering the conversation.

"What?" Catherine replied, desperate for something.

"A hearty meal," he said giggling.

"How did I know you'd say that?" Davis replied.

*******Matt's apartment*******

Matt and Mimi had decided to spend the day together. They had been studying for a while, but now felt that they had it under control so stopped. They were inside his music room and Matt was practising. Gabumon and Palmon with them. Everyone was on the floor, they had decided that it was just easier that way. He played a few songs by request from Mimi, but now he was resting. He put the guitar down next to him and moved closer to Mimi.

"That was fantastic, you're getting really good," Mimi applauded.

"Thanks, I just wish we could practise as a group mire often," Matt replied.

"Well, you'll have plenty of time for that soon."

"Yeah, I know, but I really need to get some direction."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I have no real direction in life. What am I gonna do with my life. Lately it's been bugging me and I think that's why I can't come up with any lyrics for that song, maybe deep down inside I don't want to."

"Look Matt, I don't have the answer to that question, but do know that you're happiest when you're playing, and that's why you would never subconsciously stop yourself writing that song."

"Yeah… maybe your right. Maybe I'll get it after the exams are over."

"That's more like you. And if you really want to know what you should do with your life, follow your heart. What's it telling you to do?"

"Honestly, I don't know, all I know is that I wanna be with you."

"Good, because I'm always gonna be here." Matt went quiet. He fished around in his pocket for a while until he found what he was looking for. He pulled out a small black box, and opened it. In side was a ring adorned with a small purple stone. It was a gold ring, and it looked expensive. The stone was surrounded by a swirling pattern. He lifted it out of the box and took Mimi's hand.

"What's this all about Matt?" Mimi asked softly.

"It's a promise ring. You're supposed to give it to the person you love as a promise that you will always love them, and be there for them," Matt replied putting the ring on her finger.

"It's beautiful," Mimi replied, lost for words, "Where did you find it?"

"I've had it for a while, I was waiting for the right time to give it to you."

"Oh Matt," Mimi gasped. "But what is the stone?"

"It's an amethyst. They had a few different types but I thought it was perfect for you because it means sincerity." Mimi grabbed Matt into a hug and held him tight, "Thank you," she whispered. Mimi loosened her grip on him and they looked into each others eyes, and kissed.

*******Kamiya residence (The next morning)*******

T.K. was the first to wake. Unsurprisingly he found Tai snoring next to him in the most unusual position. His left leg was hanging out of the bed, the right was folded under itself. His right arm was over the head of the bed and his left arm rested on his stomach. He was sound asleep and his snoring only got louder. Then he seemed to rustle around a bit, and promptly fell onto the floor.

"Morning," T.K. teased, while trying to contain his laughter.

"Go on and laugh, I'm sure this is funny," Tai snapped back.

"You're right, it really is funny."

"then I'm sure you'll gain perspective when you get here," Tai replied rolling over and grabbing T.K.'s arm. He then ripped him down onto the floor.

"Was that really necessary?" T.K. asked rhetorically.

"Yeah, some of us are still asleep," Agumon snapped from on top of Tai's bed.

"Sorry," Tai apologised.

"Don't worry, I'm awake now."

"That's not a bad thing, it's already eleven," T.K. stated, after looking at the clock.

"True, maybe we should get ready," Tai suggested.

"Fine, but I got dibs on the shower," T.K. said springing to his feet. Tai lay still half asleep on the floor. He slowly lifted his head and sat up, then he realised what was said.

"Wait a minute, how does that work?" Tai protested.

"Because I'm already there," T.K. shouted whilst leaving the room.

"Fine, I don't care," Tai grumbled to himself. "Is it just me or is it cold?" Tai asked. He looked down and all he was wearing were his boxers.

"Huh, that'd be why. Maybe I'll put some clothes on."

"Good idea," Agumon replied.

Tai walked over to his cupboard and opened the doors. He was greeted with the usual sight, two very messy shelves and a whole stack of clothes, some were on hangers, others were just on the floor. Also a slight smell of sweat drifted out. Tai's cupboards were really large, but since T.K. had moved in, there was very little room in them. Tai's nose eventually caught the smell.

"I'll bet that's T.K. gym socks. One of these days those socks are just gonna rot away into nothing, I don't think they've ever seen a washing machine," Tai groaned.

"I could burn them really quick, you could say the cat stole them," Agumon joked.

"Yeah, but there place would only be taken in about three days."

"But I want those three days." Tai rummaged around in the cupboard eventually emerging with a pair of long pants and a shirt.

"These'll do," he said triumphantly placing them on his bed, "But, I'm gonna go get breakfast first, I have to take a shower before I get dressed." Tai opened the door, a gust of cold air blew into the room. He froze, then closed the door, "Maybe I'll skip today's shower." He walked over to his bed and put the clothes on.

"You should stay here, my parents might be around," Tai said on his way out.

"Fine, but bring me some breakfast," Agumon replied.

Tai entered the kitchen and found Kari eating a bowl of cereal. She was dressed and ready to leave barring breakfast.

"So, you're up early," she said sarcastically as he entered.

"Yeah, you could have woken us you know."

"I could have, but this is more fun. Besides, we won't be late."

"No, only thanks to my falling out of bed."

"Not again Tai, you're gonna hurt yourself one of these days."

"Yeah well, at least then I won't have to worry about these stupid exams."

"Hey come on, it's only maths left. It'll all be over on Monday." In the background the bathroom door could be heard opening and soon after T.K. walked into the room.

"Hey guys," T.K. greeted.

"By the way, when did you shower?" Kari asked looking at Tai.

"I didn't," he replied quietly, "Ooh look at the time, we'd better get going," Tai said grasping for a topic change. Kari looked at the clock and luckily for him he was right. T.K. and Tai both gulfed down a bowl of cereal then he returned to his room with an apple.

"Agumon, Patamon, we gotta go," he said as he walked in. Agumon was sitting patiently on Tai's bed, Patamon was out of sight.

"What about my breakfast?" Agumon asked. Tai threw him the apple.

"Thanks," he replied smiling. Patamon flew up from behind T.K.'s bed.

"What's this about going?" he asked, a little dazed.

"We're going to Izzy's, remember," Tai replied.

"Oh, that's right." They left the room and re-entered the kitchen.

"Hey," T.K. said as Patamon flew over to him. He landed squarely on his head.

"Tai, what if mom and dad were here!" Kari protested.

"I'm sorry, I figured they had gone out," Tai replied.

"Luckily you're right," she answered. Tai walked over to counter and looked for his car keys.

"Um, unluckily they took the car, so we're walking," she continued, changing her tone.

"Oh well, we'd better get moving then," Tai announced. they gathered at the door and then left.

It wasn't that far to Izzy's. he and Tai had been friends for years and had always lived relatively close to each other. They me in the first year of school. Tai was a timid boy back then and he and Izzy found they were the same. From then they both changed, Tai found he was great a soccer and got a lot louder and more self confident. While Izzy found he was more an intellectual. But never the less, they remained friends. From there the group grew as Sora joined after meeting Tai while playing soccer. She was the only girl aloud to play with them, probably because she could beet most of them. Matt soon joined, but he was a special case. He came to their school in the second year and as a result every one had already made groups of friends. He was a loner, and to make it worse it was just after his parents split up. The three of them found it upon themselves to make him feel welcome and he soon warmed to them, despite his many arguments with Tai.

Upon reaching Izzy's building they were greeted by Davis and Catherine. She was feeling nervous about imposing on an almost secret society, so she wanted to come in with everyone she knew. Chibimon had also had a large meal and had digivolved back to Veemon. They decided to move right on as they were already late. They took the elevator up to Izzy's fifteenth floor loft. It was a huge apartment on the top floor and had a spectacular view of the city. It was an expensive place but his parents could afford it. Tai walked up to the door and

knocked. He had agreed to go in first and see who was there, and then tell them that Catherine was there.

Izzy promptly answered the door, "Hey Tai," he greeted.

"Hey," he replied.

"Is she here?" Izzy asked.

"Who?"

"Catherine?"

"Yeah, she really wanted to know about this stuff."

"I figured she would. You can come in you know."

"Sure, I just want to let everyone know that she's here."

"Makes sense," Izzy stepped out of the way and let Tai through, he left the door open. Davis insisted that T.K. and Kari go in, he wanted to take full responsibility for her being there.

Tai entered the lounge where the whole group was waiting, T.K. and Kari took a seat, their digimon, including Veemon, went in too.. The group greeted each other.

"Hey, where's Davis?" Matt asked.

"Yeah, I figured he'd be with you guys," Joe added.

"He is, but I have to tell you something first."

"What is it Tai?" Sora asked, a concerned tone in her voice.

"Well, Davis will do the full explanation, but we have a guest with us. She is involved and I'm sure you'll understand when you've heard the story."

"Are you ready?" Davis asked.

"More or less," she replied.

"…When you've heard the story." Tai's voice could be heard in the background.

"Come on," Davis said. She looked really worried, and wasn't moving. /She's taking this pretty hard. How can I make this easier\ Davis thought. He looked down and took hold of her hand. She looked at him and smiled. He smiled back and squeezed softly. He knew she was ready now.

Once onside Catherine was greeted with eight smiling faces. She did not know what to say and began to squeeze Davis's hand.

"Why don't you sit down?" Izzy offered.

"Uh, thanks," Catherine replied nervously and sat in an open seat. Davis however did not.

"I uh.. this is…" he stumbled.

"Just explain things Davis, it's okay," Tai said from his chair.

"Alright," replied to Tai, "Everyone, this is Catherine…" he started. The explanation took some time, but the group seemed receptive. He told them about how she is an exchange student, how she found Veemon, what he has told her, and finally of their incident in the digital world.

No one said anything, Davis began to worry.

"So, that's about the full story," Davis said to break the silence. He took a seat next to Catherine. Everyone seemed to be looking at her and he subtly took her hand where no one could see it. She smiled.

"How rude of me, my name is Sora, it's nice to meet you," Sora extended her hand. Catherine took it and they shook. She was now smiling fully. This set off a chain reaction of introductions. Once they were over Izzy felt it was time to get down to business.

"Right, now about what I've managed to find," he started.

"Wait, please," Catherine blurted.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Well, you've all been so nice, but I want to know if anyone has any objections to my being here. If anyone, including any of you digimon, don't wan me here, I'll go," she said.

"Why would we do that?" Mimi asked.

"Yeah, you rather involved in this from what Davis has said," Joe added.

"I for one don't have a problem," Izzy said.

"Yeah, you're welcome to be here." None of the digimon had objections either (A\N sorry I couldn't include anyone else, but there are only so many ways to say "no problem").

"Great, thank you all," she sat back down.

"Well, I have to say I haven't found much. I did a little digging and what I've found is rather, uh, far-fetched."

"What are you talking about?" Tai asked.

"Give me a minute," Izzy said as he stood up. He left the room and was gone for a short time. Rustling could be heard coming from his room and eventually he emerged with a book in his hands.

He sat back down and paged through the book.

"Hey Izzy, what is that?" Matt asked.

"I'll show you now," he said stopping on a marked page. He handed it to Davis and Catherine, "Is that the monster you saw?" he asked. Catherine looked a little freaked, "That's him alright," Davis said surely.

"That's a little hard to believe," Izzy said reluctantly.

"Why, what aren't you telling us?" Davis asked.

"Yeah, who is that?" T.K. added.

"That, is Odin."

"And ho exactly is Odin?" Tai asked.

"I'm not sure, it is said that Odin was a legendary warrior who rode into battle on a six legged horse. All opposition feared him. But this is a legend guys, it's just a legend."

"A legend, you mean we were attack by some fairy tale," Davis said in disgust.

"I'm not sure what you were attacked by, but whatever it was, it was taking Odin's form."

"So what do we do now?" Mimi asked.

"I don't know, I kept looking but this is an old legend and I couldn't find anything else. In fact I was lucky I remembered I had that book," Izzy explained.

"Um, I have an idea," Catherine said nervously.

"Go ahead," Izzy said politely.

"Well, if we can't find out what it is, maybe we should look at where it came from. The dimensional rift I mean, not the legend," she continued.

"That's not a bad idea," Izzy replied.

"Any objections?" Tai announced. No one said anything.

"I suggest we keep a low profile," Matt suggested.

"Yeah, from what we saw we know that we cant hurt it, but it may be able to hurt us," Kari added.

"Good point. Maybe we shouldn't go as in huge group then," Matt indicated.

"I agree, we'd be spotted in no time," Joe added.

"Okay, it'll be me, Izzy and Davis for a guide. Any objections?" Tai asked.

"As long as you're careful, I don't see a problem," Joe said.

"Yeah, you guys should be okay," Kari added.

"Then it's settled," Tai always had to ad finality to the mission, he liked to sound in charge. he stood and went over to Sora. Unfortunately they had not been able to dit next to each other. He knelt down next to her.

"Tai I don't like this," Sora said quietly.

"Come on, I'll be fine, Agumon will protect me. And besides, you'll be back here and nothing is gonna take me away from you, I won't let them."

"Promise me."

"I promise, now just hold tight till I'm back."

"Alright, just hurry." Tai stood back up, "I will," he said.

"Every one ready?" he asked.

"Sure, just let me get my laptop," Izzy said as he left the room. Davis squeezed Catherine's hand and let go of it.

"I'll be back soon," he said as he stood.

"Okay, I'll see you then," she replied. He walked over to where Tai was standing. Izzy then returned with the laptop. Agumon, Tentomon and Veemon joined them.

"Where's the nearest entrance?" he asked.

"I'll put it in," Davis replied grabbing the laptop.

"No, I want to take that with, we'll use my computer," Izzy protested. They walked into his room and Davis programmed in the location. Then he fished through his pockets for his digivice.

"Digiport open!" he commanded. The gate opened and they entered the digital world.

*******The forest in the digital world(A\N what a surprise!)*******

They arrived about a kilometre away from the site of the rift. The forest was still, and silent. It was an eerie silence and all of them, even Tai were a little creeped. It was never this quiet in the digital world (A\N Quite often in my stories actually) and they knew it wasn't a good sign.

"Let's get moving," Tai suggested. There was no argument from either Izzy or Davis. The silence continued and it was really bugging Davis. He hated silence, and was usually the cause of it's absence. He decided to live up to this trait, "Thanks for being so nice to Catherine, especially you guys," he said directing it toward the digimon.

"Don't worry about it, she's really nice," Agumon said.

"Yeah, she seems to understand the urgency," Tentomon added.

"Yeah, but how did you end up with an exchange student anyway?" Izzy asked.

"That's a long story, but she's really cool."

"Well you two seem to be getting pretty close," Tai said cheekily. Davis began to blush.

"Oh I see," Izzy said slyly.

"You might as well know, I like her," Davis said reluctantly. Tai gave him an interrogative look.

"Fine, I really like her."

"That's better. And don't worry, I didn't see her pulling away," Tai replied.

"Sorry to change the subject, but is that the cliff you were at?" Izzy asked.

"That's it exactly," Davis replied. This time they had come from the side and were now walking up a large hill. Upon reaching the summit they decided to rest.

"That's where the rift appeared. Catherine and I were sitting here," Davis said running over to where they had been. "Then that Odin thing came out, ran at us and went right off the cliff and disappeared," Davis continued, pointing out all the locations.

"Well, there is no rift now, but show me the exact spot," Izzy asked.

"I'll keep a watch," Tai announced

"Good idea," Izzy responded. He turned back to Davis and they walked off into the forest.

Tai sat on the cliff. Like a sentinel he watched vigorously, but there was still no movement. The wind blew and his chestnut hair began to dance in the wind. He was not cold, but he felt a strange presence.

"Hey Agumon, do you feel something?" he asked.

"No, nothing, why do you ask."

"I thought I felt something strange."

"Probably the wind."

"Yeah, the wind." Tai knew very well it was not the wind, then he heard a faint noise in the distance. A faint cry of a woman could be heard, but what was stranger is that it was his name being called.

"Do you here that?" he asked.

"Tai, I'm getting worried now," Agumon had a very concerned tone in his voice.

"I gotta help it," he said as he stood. He turned away to his left, and was about to go down the cliff path but he froze. He closed his eyes and focused. He could here a faint buzzing. What he could here was a small black spine heading right for him. He was oblivious to this and before he knew it, it hit him right in the neck. Tai screamed out in pain, and fell to the ground. Agumon looked at him and caught glimpse of the last if the spine entering his neck. Tai lurched on the ground.

"Tai, what's wrong," Agumon shouted. Tai just lay on the ground.

"I… my neck… ugh." He groaned. The boy was in immense pain, he could feel his neck burning. The sensation moved quickly throughout his body, but to him it felt like decades. His vision was blurred, and all he could here was his partner's voice. He slowly regained his vision and the sensation relieved a bit.

"Agumon?" he said confused.

"Yes I'm here, what's happening?" he asked. In the distance they could see Izzy and Davis running out of the forest. His thoughts unclouded and suddenly he could see and here fine. The burning had stopped and everything was normal.

"Agumon, don't tell them," Tai said.

"What, why?" he replied.

"Because we have enough worries, just say I tripped and hit my head."

"But Tai, this could be serious."

"And if it is, we'll tell them when it gets serious. We have to find out this stuff first."

"Alright, but if anything related to this comes up, I'm gonna tell them."

"Good, you have to understand that we have to find out the threat to the digital world before we investigate this. It's just what we have to do." Agumon reluctantly nodded.

Davis, Izzy, Tentomon and Veemon came sprinting in to them.

"What happened?" Izzy asked.

"It was silly really, I got up to come join you and I tripped and hit my head."

"It sounded a lot worse than that," Davis argued.

"It's probably the echo off these cliffs, really it's nothing," Tai replied.

"I suppose that makes sense," Izzy thought out loud.

"Come on, I don't have a scratch on me," he said, covering his neck with his jacket.

"True. As long as you're okay," Izzy said.

"Yeah, we'd better get going, we've been here a while.

"Yeah, come on," Tai said as he stood. It hurt a little but he held it in. they returned to the same exit. Tai still felt a slight pounding with every footstep, but he had to hold it in. Agumon could tell, and was concerned for his partner, but he would never say anything as long as Tai didn't want him to.

Ooh, more plot. How about that, this story is going places. Thank you SO much for all the review. I am so happy that there are people that like all of my relationships. I try to please you all and I hope that all the Tai fans are happy with what they got this time. I also realised today after seeing the Digimon world tour episode 2 that there is a Catherine. PLEASE don't think that she is the same girl in this story, they couldn't be more different. Any opinions are welcome, and what do you think of the story line so far, interesting or not. Again thank you for the reviews I appreciate it.

ĄǜŦħŐŗМǒЙ