Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Valentine's Day ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*-*-*

I'm Kind of Glad That Guy Stabbed You

*-*-*

Valentine's Day

*-*-*

Chapter Two

*-*-*

"" is for speech.

'' is for thoughts.

[] is for telepathy.

*-*-*

Bra did not want to sleep. Wanting, instead, to wait for the Jaganshi to come back with the dragonballs. He would find them all tonight. She was certain. Piccolo - and everyone else - was waiting downstairs in the living room. Niisan had said that he would come get her when he came, but something in his eyes made her realize that he was lying. Trunks didn't trust him anymore than Vegeta and Piccolo. He would find the dragonballs, bring them here, Piccolo would summon Shenron, and he would wish himself away.

Sighing quite patheically - in her opinion - Bra rolled off the bed, and onto her feet. She changed into good jeans, a blue tank top, and a red overshirt. As silently as she could manage, she opened her balcony window, and climbed down the drain pipe. She could have sworn that this noise - though it was very little - would make Piccolo rush to see what it was.

No one came though, and Bra mentally made a note to herself. 'Piccolo can be trusted with secrets.'

Snickering, she ran down the street, and when she was far enough, slipped into the woods on the other side of the road. She opened her mind to his position and feelings, and was surprised to find that he was . . .

Right above her, standing on a treebranch. Bra gasped, and looked up, "Jaganshi-san! What are you doing here?"

"What are *you* doing here?" he smirked.

She snapped, "You know, this is Capsule Corp. property, and I am its hieress. And . . . I asked you first."

He dropped to the ground beside her, and cocked his head to the side as he looked at her, "I followed your rei'ryoku since it was easier to sense than the others. I figured that you'd be back home by now."

Bra realized that he wasn't wearing his cloak, and that it was serving as a makeshift bag for several round objects. She smiled - a little sadly, but it was a smile - "You found all seven?"

He nodded, "The dragonball with the four stars wasn't as easy to get as I had first thought. Son's mate is one hell-bent bitch."

Mate? She giggled. That was what Otousama called Kaasan sometimes, and he referred to Chichi as 'Kakarotto's mate' all the time. He began walking back to the road, and she stepped up to walk beside him. He glanced at her, but said nothing, so Bra attempted at conversation, "What's your imouto's name?"

He shook his head, "It doesn't matter. I'm going to be gone in a couple minutes."

"That's true . . . So, you're not going to tell me your name?"

The young man scowled slightly, "Piccolo, are you going to come out, or am I going to have to drag you out?"

The Namek appeared from out of the bushes from the side of the road, as did Yamucha and Tenshinhan. He asked, "Bra, what are you doing out here?"

"I was bored," she snorted.

Piccolo scowled, but nodded - he knew the truth: she had went out to look for the youkai - "And what are *you* doing?"

He lifted his cloak slightly to catch their attention, "I was done looking for these things, and I saw her, so I followed."

He grunted, and he and the others lifted up into the air, Bra following soon after. As they flew toward Capsule Corp. the Jaganshi leapt from treebranch to treebranch.

Calling down to him, Bra giggled, "Don't you know how to fly?"

"Not in this form," was his answer, and it was hardly informative.

The others looked at each other worriedly, and Bra gritted her teeth. They didn't like him, trust him, or believe his story. Tenshinhan probably thought that he had destroyed those portals to get closer to them. Make them all pity him so that he could go amongst them unnoticed, and then he would turn on them at the last moment.

However, Bra couldn't bring herself to believe this line of thinking. The feelings that he had felt that night had been much too real. The feelings that she felt now were too real. He was excited. Happy even in a strange way. The despair was still there, and the loneliness, but, then again, Bra didn't think that those things would ever go away. She had felt traces of it before he had attempted suicide. Tiny traces.

So he was always slightly depressed on some level. And that night those feelings had gone over the edge.

He was the withdrawn type. Whoever was on the other side of those portals - he cared about them deeply, though he probably didn't show it to them very often. In this way, he reminded her of Otousama and Piccolo, however, whatever had happened to this young man had been intense. What kind of world what he from? How terrible was it that it created this poor aloof soul? Did he have anyone other than his imouto to seek refuge with?

They landed in the backyard of Capsule Corp., and he landed in the tree that was beside her window. He dropped nonchalantly to the ground. Vegeta - whom had come outside with the others - snarled at him, "You're leaving finally?"

Bra felt something in the pit of her stomach, and it took her a moment to realize that the young man was projecting a lot of . . . it wasn't a feeling really, but he was feeling it right now, and projecting a lot of it. He was tired; exhuasted in a strange sense. She could almost hear his thoughts, 'Another place that I am not welcome . . .'

He probably didn't have anyone else other than his imouto, and, suddenly, Bra was struck with the urge to make sure that he made it home. To his imouto. He didn't deserve to be taken from his only family. Even if he was a youkai. A Jaganshi.

The young man snorted, but nodded, tossing his cloak with the dragonballs inside toward them. Gokuu - whom obviously thought nothing wrong with him - smiled at him before opening the cloak to reveal the dragonballs, and summoning Shenron.

Several things happened. The balls began to glow, and the sky above darkened into black, except the east horizon which was now dawning. It had been a long night. Next, from the balls shot a great, green, Chinese dragon. Shenron.

Bra always felt a certain bit of terror whenever she saw Shenron, and she expected the same - if not similar - fear from the Jaganshi. However, he stared up at Shenron as if the dragon were his salvation. His hope. She swallowed nothing, and made her own silent wish that his hopes would not be dashed.

"SPEAK NOW! MAKE YOUR TWO WISHES!" Came the booming voice of the dragon, Shenron.

"Ohayou, Shenron-sama!" Called Gokuu.

"GREETINGS, SON-SAN! MAKE YOUR WISH!"

"We wish that our new Jaganshi friend can be teleported back to his home dimension!"

Shenron made a deep rumbling, humming to himself in thought before saying, "THIS CANNOT BE DONE! MAKE ANOTHER WISH!"

The Jaganshi ran up next to Gokuu, and shouted, "I wish that there was a portal between this dimension and mine!"

"THIS CANNOT BE DONE!" He repeated. "MAKE A WISH THAT I CAN PERFORM, OR LET ME REST!"

"What *can* you do to bring me back home?!" Such despair was settling in him; more than before. This was it. If Shenron couldn't do anything, who could?

The dragon mumbled low in his throat, and then said, "NOTHING!"

"There is . . . nothing . . . ?" He choked back a sob, and bellowed, "Chikushoume!"

Kuririn blanched, "Watch your language!"

"'Watch my language?!'" He raged, "Why should I, bakayarou?!"

"There are young girls here that don't need to hear such crude words!" Kuririn covered his musume's ears, and Marron looked at him curiously.

Marron sighed, "Tousan, I'm twenty-seven."

The Jaganshi snorted at them, and looked back at the dragon when it boomed, "MAKE YOUR WISH!"

Bra heard him murmur, "I did . . ."

Gokuu sympathized, "Hey, we'll let you make any wish you want. Be it for the most comfortable panties or immortality."

"Son!" Piccolo barked, "Don't let him make that wish!"

Snorting, the Jaganshi whispered, "I used to want to be immortal, but now . . . What would be the point? Why prolong my misery until far after the End of Time?" He dropped to his knees, "Shenron, go back to from whence you came. I don't want to look at you." Shenron seemed to shoot a pitying glance at him before vanishing within the dragonballs. He said, "What a waste of time and effort."

"That's not true!" Said Gokuu. "Now we know that Shenron can't send you back!"

*-*-*

A/N: Anou . . . Gokuu . . .

*-*-*

He sent a withering stare at the Saiyajin that didn't seem to perturb Gokuu's grin at all, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Well, now we can look for other ways to send you back home! Maybe Yama Ou-sama can do something for you!"

"You mean," he began, "Enma Daiou?"

"Well . . . I guess that we can talk to him too," said Gokuu, scratching his head.

Piccolo shook his head, "You shouldn't confuse Son, Jaganshi." He turned to the Saiyajin, "Yama Ou-sama and Enma Daiou-sama are the same person, Son."

"Oh!" Gokuu nodded, "I get it."

"Whatever," he said, "I don't see how you could get to him though. When I tried to reach Reikai, it was inaccessible to me."

"Rei . . . kai . . . ?" Came the confused Gokuu's question.

Vegeta growled, "What the fuck is a Reikai?"

The Namek smirked, "That's a pretty old name for Yama Ou-sama's realm. I haven't heard it called that in a good hundred years." Somehow, Bra knew that the more Kami-side of Piccolo was talking. He resumed, "His realms probably can't be entered the way that you've tried. The only ways we know are through the Lookout and Son."

"Son?" He looked at Gokuu curiously.

"Hai! My Instant Transmission can get you there in no time!"

He stared at him before nodding, and Bra felt a pang of homesickness from him. Something about Gokuu reminded him of someone from home?

"First, I want to take a nap."

Bra suppressed the urge to giggle. That had sounded way too cute to come from his dirty mouth.

"A nap?" Stammered Gokuu.

"Ha!" Vegeta exclaimed, "The little baby wants to take a nap?!"

"Precisely," he said with all seriousness. "I just traveled around the world, attempted suicide, and fought two youkai. I never got any sleep between the three. I need a lot of sleep to replenish my you`ryoku."

Bulma smiled, "And I bet you're ravenous too, right?"

"Iya," he said, "I don't need to eat very much. Demo . . ." at this point he seemed to think that he might have been intruding upon them, and he absently played with a broken nail, "some soba would be nice."

Bulma's smile grew, "Follow me, honey, I'll set you up with some good ol' tsukimisoba, and then I can find a bed for you."

"You don't need to find me a bed. I can sleep in one of your trees." When Kaasan looked at him in disbelief, he shrugged, "I don't like beds. I've always slept in trees except for a couple times."

"I don't care. This is going to be one of your exceptions."

He looked as if he was about to protest, but he stopped, another pang of homesickness attacking him, and yet something close to amusement flashed through him. He said softly, "Fine."

Bulma nodded as if expecting him to agree all along, "This way, sweetie."

Otousama snorted, and also followed the Jaganshi and Bulma, scowling at the slighter man's back. The young man glanced back at Vegeta, and sneered at him. He felt even more amused now, but not from similarities with the people around him and the people from his home dimension.

Bra smiled at Marron and Pan before all three trailed after them. Several stomachs behind them rumbled, and Gokuu called out to his wife, "Chichi! Can you cook up something for us too?!"

She saw Videl and Chichi roll their eyes. Chichi said, "All right, Gokuu, what do my three boys want?"

Gokuu, Gohan, and Goten ordered their meals, and the five remaining Son family members went into the Briefs' kitchen.

Videl asked, "Bulma-kun, can Chichi-san and I use your kitchen?"

"Sure thing," she pointed toward the pantry. "Just grab what you need from the pantry."

When the young man sat at the table, Tunks came in, and sat across from him, scowling at him whenever Kaasan wasn't looking. He opted to ignore Bra's niisan, and looked around the kitchen. When Piccolo entered, he showed no qualms with letting Bulma know that he didn't like their guest.

"Bra-chan," Bulma said, "why don't you and the girls show him to a bed? Make him feel at home. This is going to take a while. We're feeding seven Saiyajin after all."

Just as Kuririn just walked in, Marron took his right arm - after which, Kuririn groaned pathetically - and ushered him to the hallway with Bra and Pan chasing after. Marron fingered the bandage on the arm that she was holding, and then blushed, stopping, when she realized that he was wrinkling his brow at her.

"Anou . . ." she asked referring to the bandage about his arm, "are you hurt?"

"Iya," he looked pointedly at her holding his right arm, and she dropped it. He shoved his hands into his pockets, and turned to Bra, "Where's a room? Your ofukuro wanted you to find me one."

Wishing that he would have more time to spend with them - because otherwise she would have picked a room closer to her own - Bra showed him to one of the guest rooms on the first floor. He circled it a few times before asking, "Can one of you get my cloak?"

It was still outside with the dragonballs. Marron rushed out of the room - obviously not wanting to stay around him very long - and he stared after her.

Pan whispered to Bra as if something had just occured to her, "Bra-chan, when's your birthday party?"

"Where did that come from?" Bra asked.

She shrugged. Apparently, she didn't want to let the Jaganshi know that he made her uneasy, "I just wanted to know."

"Kaasan said that I can have it sometime next weekend."

Marron rushed into the room, and handed him his cloak. She tried to smile at him, but he wasn't looking at them. He was looking out a window, and Bra could have sworn that he was looking at a tree.

He sat cross legged on the bed, and tilted his head to the side, "Can I sleep now?"

"Gomen!" Marron exclaimed, and pulled the two Saiyajin out of the room with her. She slammed the door, and then blushed when she realized that Bra and Pan were staring at her, "He makes me nervous."

Pan laughed, "He makes everyone nervous."

"Not me," said Bra.

"Nani?!" Pan covered her own mouth, and looked around. When no one was came running, she whispered, "What do you mean?"

"He's just another version of Otousama and Piccolo. They aren't that different from them."

"Un, and you remember what they used to be," Pan said. "Murderers."

"And what makes you think that he's one?"

"You just said that he reminds you of Vegeta and Piccolo."

"He has an imouto. He was apologizing to her when he attempted suicide, remember? He might have been a murderer in the past, but, surely, he's changed by now." 'I only wish that I could have seen his transformation.'

The other Saiyajin girl sighed, and Marron said, "Don't go assuming things, Bra-chan."

She shrugged, "Besides, if he was a murderer, wouldn't he go around like Piccolo and Otousama had? Like the androids, Cell, and Majin Buu? They terrorized Chikyuu."

The door behind them opened, and the Jaganshi brought Bra over so that he could murmur low into her ear, "If I am so much like this Vegeta and Piccolo, then you know that I am someone to fear. Now, go away."

Then he shut the door, and Bra stuck her tongue out at the door.

*-*-*

Chikushoume - Son-of-a-Bitch

Bakayarou - Asshole

You'ryoku - Demon Power

Shikashi, Demo - However / But

Soba - Buckwheat Noodles

Tsukimisoba - Buckwheat Noodles with Egg

*-*-*

"Bra-chan! Go get our guest! It's time to eat!" Came the call of her kaasan.

Bra bidded her will, and headed toward the room. Pan and Marron had been giving her weird looks. That might have been because of the way that she and the Jaganshi had acted around each other, or it might have had to do with the depressed look on her face.

Vegeta and Trunks seemed to think that he had attempted something, but at Bra's insistence, they didn't go bash his face in. She remembered his strength if they didn't. He had been about to go higher than Super Saiyajin 3 ki levels, and probably far beyond that. There was no need to risk their hides if they tried to take him on after all. The Jaganshi would probably wipe the floor with them. Bra didn't want Otousama and Niisan to get hurt.

When she opened the door, she grimaced. He wasn't there! She searched for his ki, and she smiled when it turned out to be outside. She crawled out of the open window, and went to the other side of the house where he was resting in the tree by her balcony.

"Jaganshi-san!" She shouted, and his ruby red eyes opened.

"What do you want?"

"It's time to eat. You better hurry, or it'll be gone soon. Even your speed can't compare to a Saiyajin's appetite. Never mind seven." With that said, Bra hurried to get her own share of food before everyone else ate it.

When they arrived, side-by-side, Bulma was guarding a plate of tsukimisoba for their guest. She smiled brilliantly when he came in, and then frowned, "Why were you two outside?"

"He was bunking in a tree," Bra smiled.

Bulma rolled her eyes, and handed his meal to him, "A word from the wise: don't sit near Gokuu." He glanced over at the table, and the only two other seats available were right across from him. He scowled as Bulma said, "I guess that I spoke too soon."

Bra and the young man sat across from the Saiyajin that was enhaling his food. Actually, all of the Saiyajin were enhaling their food, but none quite as sloppily and quickly as Son Gokuu. The other unfortunates sitting near him knew well to keep their eyes closed as often as possible, but the Jaganshi did not know this, and kept scowling at the being sitting across from him. Gokuu ate his meal oblivious to him.

After he was finally finished with his meal, he blinked in surprise at the glowering youkai, "Anou . . . Gomen, Jaganshi-san. I'm told that I'm a little messy when eating."

"I see," he said dully, and then went to picking out the food pieces that had fallen into his tsukimisoba from Gokuu. He had barely touched his food, and now since the eighth wonder of the world was done eating, he could finish his meal.

However, this caught attention that he did not want.

Chichi asked, "How can you eat so little? My boys would keel over and die if they ate as much as you. If I had known that Bulma was planning to starve you, I would have made you some of my wonderful miso soup."

He looked as if he wanted to grit his fangs, but was restraining himself, and was effectively ignoring her.

She snorted, "You're some kind of anorexic, aren't you? I've never seen a fighter eat such little portions. What's wrong with you?"

Sighing, he answered, "There is nothing wrong with me. I'm a youkai, and there are several ways that we can replenish our you'ryoku depending on our strengths and weaknesses."

Chichi rolled her eyes, "And you starve yourself why?"

This time he did grit his fangs, "I am not starving myself. I don't eat a lot because it puts weight on me, and I need to stay as light as possible to maintain my speed."

She humphed, "And how do you make up for what you have lost?"

"I sleep a lot. Now, that I've answered your questions, can I eat my measly meal in peace?"

Bra smiled quietly to herself. He was the exact opposite of a Saiyajin. They ate a lot, and slept little.

Chichi growled before walking away quickly, and saying, "Such a rude youkai!"

[She expected a *polite* youkai?]

Bra bit her lip to suppress a giggle, [Don't mind her, Jaganshi-san. She thinks that everyone should be polite.]

His fangs showed in a toothy grin, but it was gone as soon as it appeared, [Even Vegeta and Piccolo?]

[Especially Otousama and Piccolo,] she stood, and walked out of the kitchen, trying out talking telepathically to him from far away. [What happened between you two anyway?]

[She didn't believe that Gokuu was letting me collect the dragonballs. I spent half an hour trying to convince her before I just grabbed it, and ran.]

So, he could be patient, but he had stripped of any patience for Chichi. Which meant that if he showed any impatience with Bra, then she would back down because he was pretty nasty to those he had no patience for.

She mentally slapped herself for thinking of a future for her and the Jaganshi. He was going to be leaving soon.

[So, you Saiyajin are telepathic too.]

[It's more of a learned skill.]

He was silent for a couple minutes before he said, [Youkai that learn how to communicate through telepathy aren't usually as good at communicating as you. Especially at such a young age.]

[Is that a compliment?]

[Merely an observation.] He felt slightly confused. [I'm going to finish my nap. Ja.]

Bra smiled, and stopped talking with him. She was proud of herself; she had walked all the way to her room without breaking contact.

*-*-*

He tried not to let them see how nervous that he was, but he was fairly certain that Piccolo, Vegeta, and the boyish Gokuu already knew. Somehow. He scowled at Gokuu, but all he did was stop eating long enough to smile and wave.

Hiei had finished his nap a couple minutes ago - actually Bulma had screeched at him for sleeping in a tree - and now he was waiting for Gokuu finish his meal.

Sighing, he leaned up against the outside wall of the strange, large, round building. Everything was so different here. The loud, noisy cities and their nightlife were the same as in his dimension, and the ningen here were the same stupid creatures that defiled the very air with their being. However, the houses, the structures of the buildings, the essence of the air, the echos of waves revertebrating throughout this world . . .

There was always something familiar that would put him at ease, but then something would seem to slap him in the face with its difference from his home dimension, mocking him. Hiei just wanted to go home, and forget that he had ever felt this weak before. If he wasn't careful, he might begin to miss the oaf.

Gokuu called, "Hey! We can go now, Jaganshi-san!"

He let a smile slip across his face before walking toward the enthusiastic Gokuu. Jaganshi-san was a rather interesting title after all.

Bra and the other half Saiyajin female ran past him toward Gokuu, and Bra asked, "Gokuu-san, can we come? We've never been to Yama Ou-sama's realm."

"Bra-chan, magomusume, we're just going to talk to Yama Ou-sama for a little bit, and then the youkai is going home," he said.

Pan said, "Jiisan, please? I want to see it too!"

He sighed, "Oh, all right, but when the youkai is home, we have to go straight home, okay?"

They nodded, smiling, "Hai!"

He placed his hands on their shoulders, and nodded at Hiei, "Come on, Jaganshi-san, grab one of their hands."

Hiei scowled slightly, and took Pan's hand, "Hurry up."

The fool just grinned, and suddenly . . .

They weren't on Bra's lawn?

Glancing around, Hiei noted that they were in a large room as if made for a giant. Enma Daiou was supposed to be rather large, so he assumed that this would be adequate quarters for him. Then he realized that the wall beside him was really just an enormous desk, and that the three Saiyajin were flying up the side of it. Likely to confront Enma Daiou.

He took a great leap, and landed on the desktop, not needing flight, the three Saiyajin landing a few seconds later behind him.

Enma Daiou boomed, "Gokuu! I've been expecting you! This young man is the Jaganshi that you were bringing to me?"

"Hai!" Gokuu said. "We have a favor to ask you, Yama Ou-sama."

"Which is?"

"You see, he's from another dimension, and he wants to go home."

He smiled, "A simple process, Gokuu. Just tell me what dimension he's from, and I'll send him right over." Enma pulled out a large manuscript, and unfolded it out on his desk. It seemed to be a map of the dimensions. However, hadn't they said that they were seperate dimensions? The dimensions shown on this map were - if Hiei wasn't mistaken - the dimensions within this one!

"Enma Daiou," the giant looked startled at the use of the name, "I'm not from any of these dimensions. I'm from a dimension seperate from this one."

"Well then . . . I can't help you."

"Nani?!" Gokuu cried out.

Not another disappointment. He growled, "Why not?"

He sighed patiently, "There is nothing between the dimensions. The only being that I can think of that could create something out of nothing is long dead."

Gokuu said, "Then maybe we can wish him back to life with the dragonballs!"

"Nope," Enma said, "no can do, Gokuu. He died from natural causes, using up all of his ki to create the universes."

"Oh, *that* being," he said.

"Then I'm stuck here," Hiei groaned.

"Sumimasen, Jaganshi-san," Gokuu murmured. "I thought that this would work. So, Yama Ou-sama . . . No one can do anything for him?"

"There is nothing that anyone can do now. By now, the portals that he traveled through have finally run out of the ki that the first being had put in them. Shikashi . . . you can keep in contact with those in the other dimension."

Hiei's eyes widened, "Hontou ni? Nan ka?

He smiled, obviously pleased that he could help in some small way, "Summon Shenron, and wish for an Inter-Dimensional Communicator for this dimension, and then make another wish for another IDC for the other dimension. Oh, and make sure to tell Shenron where the IDC should end up in the other dimension, otherwise, it'll end up floating in space. You'll be able to talk to them, and see them through a screen. We have some ourselves, but we can't give you any. You see, they aren't very easy to make, and we don't have very many."

Put it in Yuusuke's pocket. Then they would get it. "Doumo! Gokuu, let's go!" Suddenly, Hiei had the greatest urge to see their faces.

He placed his hands on Hiei and Bra's shoulder, and Pan took Bra's hand . . .

Bra's lawn.

The half Koorime took off to where the dragonballs had been taken as Bulma and the others talked with Gokuu. Taking the dragonballs out to the lawn, Hiei tapped his foot as he waited for Gokuu to tell the others why the Jaganshi was still here, and what they were planning to do now.

Bulma exclaimed, "Yama Ou-sama is almost as smart as me! If I had known about those IDCs then I would have suggested the same!"

"Gokuu . . ." he gently reminded.

"Oh yeah!" Gokuu turned to the dragonballs, and summoned Shenron, "Konnichiwa, Shenron-sama!"

"KONNICHIWA, SON-SAN! MAKE YOUR FIRST WISH!"

"Shenron!" Hiei shouted, "I wish that I had an Inter-Dimensional Communicator!" He felt something land in his pocket, and he pulled out something that looked similar to a handheld T.V.

"IT IS DONE! MAKE YOUR SECOND WISH!"

"I wish that Urameshi Yuusuke had an IDC in his pocket!"

"IT IS DONE!" The balls swallowed Shenron, and the balls burst to different corners of Chikyuu.

This had gone unnoticed by Hiei however because he was scanning through a list on the screen of the IDC.

Urabon'e.

Uragaki'nin.

Uragirimono.

Urameshi Yuusuke. He chose this name, and soon a ring - like that of a telephone - took up. Hiei was vaguely aware of the people around him watching him closely, but he ignored them.

*-*-*

A/N: All right here's some pics of this guy for those that are still oblivious to who these people are.

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Island/3226/gallery/yyh/yuhair .gif

A/N: Okay, so this is him with his hair down, but . . . isn't he cute?!

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Bridge/7880/yyh/yusuke9.jpg< br>
A/N: Big smile!

*-*-*

The screen then showed the confused face of Urameshi Yuusuke. His short black hair was slicked back with gel, and his chocolate brown eyes suddenly flashed with excitement, "Hiei! Where the hell have you been?! And what the hell is this thing?!"

"It - It's an Inter-Dimensional Communicator." He took a deep breath, "And I'm in another dimension."

"Oh . . . so, how'd I get this?"

"I made a wish to the dragon, Shenron."

"Anou . . . you named it?"

"Not *my* dragon, baka! The dragon of the dragonballs! My Koku Ryuu Ha doesn't have a name!"

"Well, you do call it Koku Ryuu Ha . . ."

"Yuusuke!"

"So, when are you coming home?"

Hiei bit his lip, "I'm not, Yuusuke."

"Oh? You find some chick over there or something? I thought that you and Mukuro had something going on."

Hiei snarled, "She's my leige lady, Chikushou, not my koibito!"

He snickered, "So, if you're not with Mukuro, then what about Kurama?"

"I'm not gay!"

"Fine! Fine! Whatever you say! What about Yukina? I wouldn't think that you'd *ever* want to leave *her* behind."

Sighing, he said, "Yuusuke, I *can't* come back. It's impossible."

"Nani?" He whispered, "Hiei, what's going on?"

"I'm in another dimension, the portals collapsed, and since there isn't anyone alive that can make something out of nothing, I can't come home."

"Oh . . . Oh, kuso . . . Kuso . . . Shimatta . . . Kuso . . . Hiei . . ." Yuusuke looked around quite helplessly. "This is big . . . Kuso! Hiei, there has to be a way back! What about that dragon?!"

"Don't you think that I already tried that?! It was the first thing that I did! Shenron doesn't have that kind of power! He probably turned air particles into whatever makes these things up!"

"There has to be something!" He shouted desperately, "Anything?!"

"Urusai! There is nothing that we can do!"

*-*-*

A/N: It took me a while to find a picture of just her, so take a look:

http://www.geocities.com/blueangelamber/keikovolleyball.jpg< br>
A/N: Thank you, Kohaku-chan, for putting up this pic! Doumo! So, this is her when she had pigtails . . . It's still a picture.

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Bridge/7880/yyh/yyhgroup3. jpg

A/N: Okay, so this one is a group pic, but I like what they did with Yukina's hair. It's so cute! Anyway, from left to right: Yukina, Keiko, and Botan. And that ball in Keiko's hand is . . . well, it's either a deformed Puu, or it's an actual ball with the image of Puu on it.

*-*-*

He was about to shout something again when someone off-screen said, "Yuusuke, what is that thing? Do you have another mission from Botan?" Keiko, Yuusuke's wife, came on-screen, "Gomen nasai, Hiei-san, but Yuusuke can't play with you boys right now."

"Keiko, urusai!"

She squeeked, and then shouted, "You're not on our Christmas Card List anymore!"

"I wouldn't be there to recieve them anyway. Not where I am."

"Where . . . you are?" She looked from Hiei to Yuusuke, "What's going on?"

"Keiko," Yuusuke began, "Hiei's stuck in some other dimension, and . . . he can't come back. So . . . who are your friends?"

Hiei started, and looked around, realizing that two Saiyajin were peeking over his shoulder, "Anou . . . these are Gokuu and Vegeta. Vegeta's musume was the one that told me about the dragonballs."

He nodded, "Well, Vegeta-san, Gokuu-san, I have to ask you two a big favor."

"What's that?" Gokuu asked.

"I don't think that you understand, Gokuu-san. This is a major, mundo, enormous, huge favor. You gotta tell me that you'll do it no matter what."

Was he . . . ?

He was, "Yuusuke, don't you dare . . ."

"Hiei, just shut up. Well? What do you guys say?" He looked them both over, and saw their grim faces, "Hey, don't worry. Nobody's gonna get hurt." Then he snickered, "Unless Hiei's gonna be difficult."

Gokuu and Vegeta shared a look, and then Gokuu said, "Okay, we'll do it."

Hiei groaned as Yuusuke smiled, "Take care of our favorite freak for us. He needs all the friends that he can get." Yuusuke laughed when he saw their shocked faces, "What did you guys think that I was going to ask you?!"

Gokuu laughed too, "Gomen! It's just that we've come to expect the worst out of things."

"I think that I get what you mean, Gokuu," Yuusuke smiled, and then he frowned. "Hey, Hiei, we got some good news and some bad news. The good news is that" - the biggest, silliest grin that he had ever seen stretched out across Yuusuke's face - "I'm gonna be a tousan!"

Hiei smirked, "Omedetou, Yuusuke. I'm guessing that the bad news is that I won't be there."

Yuusuke snickered, "Nah, Kuwabara proposed to Yukina."

"Nani?!"

"I'm kidding! I'm kidding! I don't think that he's even seen her since a couple weeks ago." Yuusuke smiled sadly, "Yeah, I wanted you to be one of the kid's godfathers. You can still be one, but . . . you're not here to actually be with him. You know? You three would have spoiled him silly."

Hiei nodded, "Hai, Kurama especially. He loves children."

The Reikai Tantei sighed, "Well, I guess that I'm gonna go tell the others now. Hey! I'll bring this thing, and we can all talk. Maybe we can meet the rest of your new friends properly, ne?"

Once again, Hiei looked around, and noticed that Piccolo and Yamucha were checking the IDC out too. The Jaganshi nodded, "Maybe."

"Ja ne!" And then Yuusuke murmured to himself, "Now, how do I . . . ? Oh! Here it-!" And then the screen went out.

"So, now, we're stuck with you."

Hiei growled, "Vegeta, I've been getting a little sick of you."

"Oh? Well then, boy, you're as much stuck with me as I am with you, so deal with it."

On a whim, Hiei contacted Bra, [You're related to him?] "I'd rather not, but since Yuusuke made you promise to bug me, then I guess that I'm going to have to."

"Come on," Gokuu said, "Vegeta isn't that bad, Hiei."

[He's right, Hiei-san. Otousama is . . .]

[Hmm, he's related to *you,* so maybe he's not too terrible of a person.] "Maybe, but right now, I don't like him." Hiei glanced discreetly over at her, and realized that she was blushing just slightly, hiding it from the others.

Bulma snorted, "All right! Vegeta, Hiei, stop being silly!" When she was certain that everyone was quiet, she nodded to herself, "Now, let's go inside and get something to eat while we wait. Hiei can take another nap." Hiei nodded in agreement, and trailed off toward the tree outside Bra's window, jumping up into a branch. Bulma stood under the tree, and called up to him, "Where do you plan to stay anyway?"

"I can live on the land," he murmured, trying to get in a comfortable position.

Just as Bulma was about to open her mouth, Vegeta sneered, covering before said mouth, "I'm sorry to see you go, Hiei."

Hiei gritted his fangs, and growled low in his throat, "Know what? I don't feel very tired right now. Maybe we can spar while we wait for Yuusuke to get the others together. Knowing him, it'll take quite a while for him to round them up."

Vegeta's eye twitched, "Sounds like fun. Oh," he pointed at his katana, "I suggest that you don't use that. It would be quite useless against me."

Laughing, Hiei said, "As if I would use an ordinary katana, Vegeta. But just to amuse you . . ." he tossed his sheath with the katana inside on the ground beside the tree

"Should I," he began, gesturing to Hiei's bandaged right arm, "injure my own arm to compensate for your injury?"

"Don't," he said. "We will fight as we are now."

With that said, Hiei launched himself on Vegeta, striking him several times across the face before pulling back.

"I'd worry about your speed if you had any bite behind it, Hiei." Vegeta sent a resounding punch into Hiei's jaw, sending the smaller man flying back into the tree.

The Jaganshi just stood up, and shook himself awake, "Heh, I think that you might be stronger than Yuusuke. At least in sheer strength. Maybe even stronger than Toguro." He cracked his neck, and then stripped the cloak from his torso - there was no need to burn a good cloak after all - and the bandana from his forehead. The Jagan glowed green as he summoned the fires that made the powers of the Jagan offered to him possible. His fists ignited with normal ningen flames, "Ja Ou Ren Goku Shou!"

Hiei rained his fists into Vegeta's chest, burning Vegeta's spandex shirt into ashes.

"Impressive," he rumbled, "but I have something much more interesting . . . Galic Gun!"

Hiei just barely dodged the attack, "Ja Ou Ren Goku Shou!"

Hiei pummeled Vegeta down into the ground with the ferocity of his punches, and just as he was about to send the last one into Vegeta's face Bulma shouted, "Stop it! Stop it right now! You're both acting like children! And you're ruining my lawn!"

"Ch," Hiei said, "I was just beginning to have some fun." Hiei dropped his fists, and went back to the tree, yawning big and loud.

At the bottom of the hole, Vegeta's stomach growled, "I think I like you, boy. You could be a Saiyajin if your ways in replenishing your ki was the exact opposite. And if you didn't have that damn eye."

The Jaganshi shrugged, and curled up under his cloak at the bottom of the tree, murmuring, "Sou ka?"

*-*-*

Hontou ni - Really

Nan Desu Ka, Nan Desu, Nan Da Ka, Nan Da, Nan Ka, Nan - What is it?

Chikushou - Brute, Beast

Koibito - Sweetheart, Lover

Kuso - Shit

Shimatta - Damn it

Omedetou - Congratulations

Urusai - This basically means shut up, but it's not a direct translation.

Sou Desu Ka, Sou Desu, Sou Da Ka, Sou Da, Sou Ka, Sou - Is that so?

*-*-*

Vegeta finally made it to the top of the hole, and grunted when he realized that Hiei was fast asleep, "Little bugger."

Cooing, Bulma said, "Where does it hurt?"

"Everywhere. He did quite the do-over on me," Vegeta smirked. The blue-haired genius kissed his cheek, but for once Vegeta didn't seem to mind the public affection.

He limped inside, and the others followed. Bra looked back at Hiei once before going inside, [Sweet dreams, Hiei.]

A seemingly drowsy reply came, [Sweet . . . ? Like . . . you . . . ?]

Bra blushed. Hiei was still asleep. She knew because she could feel his calmness through his ki, and she didn't think that he would ever feel so calm unless he slept.

But then . . .

He had responded somehow. Did he recieve her message in a dream?

If so, why had he said that?

*-*-*

Gah . . .

Tired.

And my other computer is being fucked up. Stupid piece of shit. Hopefully, I can get this up on MediaMiner.Org. It's been acting . . . slow. Slow and weird.

Whatever.

I think that this chapter is a bit shorter than my other one. Oh well. It's not that much smaller.

Hmmm.

I think that I'm going to sleep after I put this up.

Hell, screw that. I'm going to sleep now.

Oyasuminasai!

*-*-*