Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Cop Story ❯ Doughnuts and A Dare ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own em, and I didn't make em up. So there.

A Cop Story

Part Two

By RM

Doughnuts and a Dare

Yamcha was falling asleep at the corner table of the doughnut place where the officers usually took their mid morning break. It was a nice little bakery where they could sit and relax for a bit and get a quick doughnut fix all at once. Yamcha had already had several cups of coffee, but couldn't quite seem to stay wide awake. He had worked a double shift the night before and was pretty beat despite the relatively quiet 24-hours.

Puar had gone to get another glazed cake. He made his way back to the table to see Yamcha slump against the wall for the tenth time in about 2 minutes.

"Look lively there, Yamcha." He squeaked. "The day will soon be over and you can go home and rest."

"Ah, man. That would be really nice." Yamcha's eyes glazed over at the suggestion of sleep. "Do you want a bit of my jelly? I don't think I can eat it now."

"No thanks." Puar mumbled. He was busy chewing on his glazed cake.

A man in a suit and tie grabbed a chair and sat down.

"I thought we were gonna meet at the sub shop for lunch?" The man asked.

"Hi #17." Puar said happily. "Ah, we decided to come here for a sugar fix. We didn't get to come in for break because of an arrest we made earlier."

"Yeah," Yamcha added. "Some guy was breaking into cars. Nothing interesting." He stared at a picture on the wall absentmindedly.

"Vegeta said he would be here sometime soon. He missed coffee earlier because he was busy with the new woman who started this morning." Puar said.

"You mean the babe?" #17 asked.

"Hot babe." Yamcha added again. "Definitely hot. I hope that she wears those tight skirts everyday. I could get used to that."

At that moment, Vegeta and Bulma walked through the door. Bulma shrugged and flipped her hair over her shoulder. Vegeta grunted and proceeded to the table where the others were already seated.

Yamcha, despite his fatigue, shot up to offer Bulma the seat next to him. Instead, Vegeta pulled the chair out of Yamcha's hands and pulled an additional chair from another table. He then sat down in the chair Yamcha had meant to offer Bulma, and directed the young lady to have a seat in the chair he himself had provided as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Busy day, Vegeta?" #17 asked, sipping his coffee.

Vegeta raised an eyebrow and glanced at #17 from the corner of his eye. Bulma gave #17 a sidelong glance then tilted her head slightly as she directed her gaze back towards Vegeta. Yamcha perked up a little bit as Bulma shifted in her seat.

"Woman, did you not desire coffee?" Vegeta asked.

Bulma turned to look at Vegeta and her eyes flashed with anger. She rose from her chair with poise and made her way to the counter.

Every head at the table turned to watch her go.

"Nice view." Yamcha commented.

"How do you manage it Vegeta?" #17 asked.
"Woman!" Vegeta called to Bulma from the table. "I will take mine black. No sugar."

She glanced back over her shoulder as she leaned over the counter, but said nothing.

Yamcha stood up and stretched, yawning noisily. "I'd better go and make myself useful. She'll need help with the mugs."

"So Vegeta, you never did mention your plans for this coming weekend." #17 ventured. "Do you have some hot plans, or…"

"No, I have not decided to play with you and those other stupid imbeciles in that whatever it is you call it. I have no time." Vegeta interrupted, waving a hand through the air.

"It's a volleyball tournament, and it will be a good distraction." #17 stated smoothly.

Vegeta stared straight ahead still and unblinking, even as a hot cup of coffee clattered on the table in front of him.

"You brought up the tournament again, didn't you?" Yamcha said.

Bulma smiled sweetly as she took her seat. "Tournament?"

"Yeah, every year the precincts get together for a volleyball tournament." Yamcha said.

"And every year our precinct has either lost or forfeited. I think this is the first year we stand a good chance." #17 added.

"What? With the midget or the pig?" Vegeta sneered as he sniffed his coffee.

"That's not fair. Krillin is an excellent player and Oolong does a good job as the water boy." Yamcha countered.

"Can girls play?" Bulma asked, interested in something a little more vigorous than circuitry for the coming weekend.

"Anyone can play, so long as they belong to the precinct they play with." #17 answered. "You'd be welcome to play with us. After all, you're part of the precinct now."

Bulma smiled. "Are you all playing?"

"Yeah," Yamcha stated as he stuffed some more jelly doughnut into his mouth.

"I am busy." Vegeta hurriedly answered.

"Oh?" Bulma raised a perfectly sculpted eyebrow as she held her cup up to her lips. "With what?"

With the extra attention directed towards him, Vegeta began to feel uneasy as his eyes darted to glare at the woman from the corner of his eye.

"You're gonna use that line that you're busy washing your hair?" Bulma teased as she delicately reached up and ran her fingers through the hair at the back of Vegeta's head.

Yamcha and Puar looked panicked as she did this. #17 looked on the scene slightly amused.

"You know," Bulma added, "You don't have to be tall to be a good volleyball player. But, I suppose those people who can't handle it should probably stay home."

Vegeta took a swig of his coffee as Bulma pulled her hand away from him and continued to watch him closely. She knew she was goading him. And she was enjoying every minute of it. He had been nothing but rude and impolite all morning with her.

"Are you saying I am short or that I can not handle it?" Vegeta finally spoke.

Bulma fingered her mug coyly, knowing full well that Vegeta was still watching her. "Both." She finally added.

Vegeta growled low and slammed his mug on the table. "Fine, woman!" He snarled. "But if I break any legs let it be on your head."

#17 smiled broadly, images of a very frustrated Vegeta in kneepads roaming around the tournament breaking people's legs. He'd be sure to pack his camera.

*****

Yes, short. But that's part two. Hope you liked it.

-RM