Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Cop Story ❯ Lunchtime Arrest ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Standard Disclaimer: I don't own them, I don't make money off them either. And all that.

A Cop Story

Part Four

By RM

Lunchtime Arrest

"Woman! Stay in the car! And do not do anything stupid!" Vegeta growled at Bulma as the door slammed shut. She turned her head to swear at him, but he was nowhere to be seen. It was almost as if he had vanished into thin air.

She kept her head down, not wanting to be seen in a police car, and not wanting to get out. After being shot at three times by two men who had ducked into the alley which was just a jump out of Vegeta's door, she was ready to just go home. Instead, she leaned over and locked the doors. She was dizzy with fright, and she was actually scared for that pain in the ass, Vegeta. As obnoxious as he was, she didn't want to see him killed.

"Serves him right." She whispered, getting angry with him for making her scared for his life. The way he practically jumped from the car and ran after those men in the alley! They had already shot and killed two people…

It was then that she noticed his side arm on the front bench seat.

*****

"Freeze!" He commanded, grabbing an éclair and aiming.

The robbers stood still, blinked, and began laughing at the sight of a short cop with spiky hair and a chocolate éclair aimed at them.

"Damn that Kakarott!" Vegeta breathed as he sucked in the stale air of the alley. Forming a small ball of ki in the hand holding the sugary delight, Vegeta shot a pellet blast out of the end of the éclair, spraying creamy filling and crumbling part of the wall centimeters from one of the laughing robbers' heads. The laughter died down as Vegeta moved forward with his loaded pastry.

"You do have the right to remain…"

"Is this guy for real?"

"…silent. Of course…"

"What the shit! What was that!?"

"…if you choose to scream like a bunch of little girls…"

"Shoot him!"

One of the robbers held up his pistol and fired.

"…I will not think any differently of you." Vegeta stated quite calmly as he sidestepped the bullet. "Of course, if you do scream like little girls…"

One of the robbers let out a small eek, while the other fired three more times.

"…it will be used against you in a court of law…" He batted the three bullets away like harmless little flies.

The two robbers where now very pale.

"…and they will all laugh at you."

*****

She had heard the shots coming from the alley, and sat in the front seat whimpering while tears somehow managed to escape from her eyes which were forcefully clamped shut. She flinched when something large and heavy slammed onto the hood of the car. Her eyes flew open as she let out a little yelp. She quickly sat up and watched the scene outside of the car, half in relief, half in horror.

Vegeta was pissed. He had blood on his nice and previously spotless uniform, and to top it all off, he had wasted an éclair. A chocolate éclair. He'd be sure not to waste the rest of the morning.

The one he'd slammed on to the hood of the car had gone limp. The other one was still struggling. Mostly for air. Vegeta didn't have to tighten his grip around the man's throat, but he did. He only eased up after repeatedly ramming the robber's head on the hood, smearing blood on the paint job.

Bulma winced and tried to sink deeper into the front seat. Her slight movement caught Vegeta's peripheral vision as he connected his knee to the man's groin, shoved him back down on the hood and cuffed him. Being extremely ungentle, Vegeta then grabbed both men by the collar and proceeded to throw them into the back seat of the patrol car. He snorted as he shut his own door and took a swig from his water bottle.

Bulma was shaking. She'd figured Vegeta to be the violent type, but what scared her most was how quickly everything had happened. And the gun shots. She watched intently as his Adam's apple bobbed as he drank, noting for the first time the blood on his shirt and what looked like a bullet hole on his shoulder seam.

As he drank, Vegeta watched Bulma shaking nervously as she swallowed, noting the strong scent of fear emanating from her body. He took the bottle from his lips and put it up to her own, at the same time grabbing her hand and placing it on the bottle.

"Drink," was all he commanded.

She tilted her head back and closed her eyes as the cool water washed down her throat. It hit her stomach like a lump of cold lead, and it did nothing for the dizziness.

After securing himself in, Vegeta backed out on the street and floored it, sirens blaring.

For Bulma the world went black as her head fell to the side and her body fell back against the seat.

*****

Chi Chi tucked a wayward strand of her long, dark hair behind her ear as she

approached the front reception desk at the precinct where her father frequently spent time. She knew a few of the officers who worked there. Others she had only spoken to briefly. Oolong was working the front desk, as he often did for the day shift. She'd met the pig once or twice before and he recognized her as the Commissioner's daughter. She smiled at him as he pushed the button that served as the remote lock on the doors leading into the station from the small reception area.

She knew the way to Captain Roshi's office. She'd been there many times before. She would often meet her father and Captain Roshi for lunch. Today, she had some additional business down here at the station. She still fumed at the thought of some damned cop giving her a speeding ticket. Not that she hated cops, but she figured she deserved a little respect!

As she turned the corner of the main hall of the precinct, she nearly collided with two gruff looking men, who both looked as if they had seen better days. They were bloodied and bruised and had some difficulty walking as a nice, clean cut, young officer pushed them down the hall towards booking and the cells. Behind them, a short cop with spiky hair carried a rather pretty young woman in his arms who looked to be out cold. He was swearing quite profusely and growling at people as he walked past. He paid absolutely no attention to Chi Chi as he grumbled past her and into one of the meeting rooms. She watched him pass, brows forming into a frown, and followed him into the room.

"Stupid fucking woman. I do not know why I even bother. I should have just left you in the car." He mumbled sternly.

"Well, THAT's an awfully nice attitude!" Chi Chi blared. "What happened? Did she get sick of you and opt for death?"

Vegeta jerked around and glared at the newcomer into his day of hell. Toting around the weakling woman was one thing, but now he had to put up with another bitch?

"Nobody asked you, woman." He hissed. "If you must know, the little dumb weakling fainted while I was making an arrest." He looked down at the blue haired woman on the couch.

"Her color doesn't look good." Chi Chi remarked.

"She will live. What the hell business is this of yours anyway?" Vegeta argued back.

"Well, someone should care for her, since you seem unsympathetic, not to mention inept!" She spat back as she walked out the door, on her way to get some water for the poor thing.

She filled a glass and was on her way back to the meeting room as she turned the corner and ran smack into something solid, knocking her down on her rump and also spilling most of the water on herself. Getting angry all over again, she looked up at whatever, or whomever she had run into.

"Uh, excuse me ma'am." A green man in a suit and tie looked down at her.

"Why can't people look where they are going!?" She shouted. "Did you grow up in a barn!?"

He held out his hand to help her up.

"That's better." She added. She was about to let into him again when someone distracted him by asking a question and rushing him through one of the other doors.

"Well THAT's a fine apology!" She growled.

When she returned with a new glass of water, the woman was sitting up on the couch with her head in her hands. The cop with the hair and social issues was nowhere to be seen.

"Are you alright, dear?" Chi Chi asked, concerned, her motherly instinct taking over.

Bulma looked up at the offered glass of water. She blinked and sighed and took the glass with a shaky hand.

"Thank you." She murmured. She took a sip and winced, but stayed on the couch. "Where am I?"

"You're in the precinct. That little troll of an officer carried you in and dumped you here." Chi Chi answered.

"Vegeta? He did that? I'm surprised he didn't throw me out of the car, being dead weight and all. I must've fainted." She sat still for a moment and took another sip. "I'm sorry, my name is Bulma. Bulma Briefs. I've only worked here for about…" she looked at her watch, "four days and four hours."

"Nice to meet you Bulma. My name is Chi Chi. I don't work here, fortunately," she added. "I am here to see my father the Commiss…"

"So you're the Commissioner's daughter," Bulma interrupted as she nodded at Chi Chi.

Chi Chi nodded back.

Bulma's face suddenly went pale.

"Is he here?" Bulma asked hurriedly as she stood up trying to gain her balance in her high heels.

Chi Chi nodded. "I was coming in to meet him for lunch."

"Ommygosh! I've gotta get those read-outs ready!" Bulma fixed her blazer and flipped her hair. "I've gotta run! Thanks for everything Chi Chi! I hope we have a chance to talk again!"

And with that, Bulma ran out.

Chi Chi sighed. Well, things were looking up. She had managed to meet at least ONE normal person.

After using the washroom to try and fix the big water stain on the front of her blouse, Chi Chi continued on her way to Captain Roshi's office. That was when she saw him and that other unpleasant little troll.

"…Couldn't help it, Vegeta. Gheez, give me a break. I've been on that detail all week." Goku explained.

Vegeta rolled his eyes at Goku's excuse.

"I thought you liked chocolate éclairs. Besides, you're the one who gets to have all the fun. I'm the one that's had to sit in a corner listening to…"

"Well, I should have known you two would know each other!" Chi Chi commented as she interrupted Goku.

Goku blinked a few times and Vegeta `hmphed'.

"Hey!" Goku exclaimed. "I remember you." He smiled. "But, you know. Just because Vegeta and I are both officers, doesn't mean that all officers know each other…" Goku missed the meaning of Chi Chi's sarcastic comment.

"I am going to go and take a piss." Vegeta said as he glared at Chi Chi.

She heard him chuckle as he walked away.

"Did you come all the way here just to see me? You know, the court date for that ticket isn't for another week or so at least. Kinda jumped the gun, huh." He nudged her.

Being reminded of the ticket, she began fuming.

"Oh, we'll see about that one, Buster!" She yelled, poking his chest.

"I must look like this Buster person." Goku scratched his head. "But my name is Goku, Miss." He smiled at her.

It was that smile. She couldn't resist that big, goofy grin.

"I… I…." She stammered. What was she mad about again?

"Hey Goku!" Someone yelled from down the hall, "I need some help with this here!"

"Coming!" He yelled back. "It was nice seeing you again. Don't be a stranger." He stated happily as he walked away and disappeared down the hall.

"Yeah. Sure. Goku." And that was all she was able to manage.

*****

I'm up to part four now, but I'll have to quit for tonight. I'll have more ready for tomorrow. And remember, if you'd like to leave a review, I'd greatly appreciate it. I don't bite. Unless you ask nicely…