Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Cop Story ❯ Sleeping Over ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer : I don't own them or anything, and if I did, I don't think I would share...

A Cop Story

Part Nine

By RM

Sleeping Over

Vegeta spat a glob of blood in to the sink as he dabbed his split lip with a cottonball saturated in rubbing alcohol. He growled as he threw the red swab in to the wastebasket with a dull thud. Grabbing another drenched cottonball he flicked the light off and walked down the hall lightly treading on the plush carpeting while squeezing the swab into his wound. Frustrated, he threw his towel into the laundry chute with the others and proceeded into the kitchen for a large hunk of cheese.

Friday nights were NOT supposed to be like this. Period. Eat. Fight. Sleep. Maybe some television. And that was that. Not at all what he had been through tonight. Dinner parties, block party sparring session, and now…

"Hey Bulma? Where do you keep your trash bags?"

A friggin' slumber party. And to top it all off, no Star Trek. He growled again and removed the stained cottonball from his lip, grabbed a beer with some cheese, and headed for his `designated spot' in the living room. As he stepped through the archway, a cushy pink pillow smacked him in the face.

"Here Vegeta," a feminine voice intoned. "I thought you may want another pillow."

"Hey Bulma, do you have any more chips?" Krillin asked from his place on the couch.

"Right behind you bozo," Piccolo chimed in from his place on the other couch.

"Hey Vegeta! Over here!" Goku shouted from the floor. Blankets and pillows were strewn about for everyone, making the room comfortable and cozy. Drinks and snacks had also been laid out, along with a few platters of cheese and sausage.

"Hope you don't mind Vegeta. I picked this spot out for you. You'll have to sleep next to me tonight," Goku teasingly winked at him.

Vegeta wearily eyed the muscle bound oaf on the floor next to him. He snorted and stuffed a small chunk of cheese into his mouth. As he was chewing, a pair of legs smacked into his side.

"Sorry," Bulma smiled sweetly. "Just trying to get comfy."

Stuck between the oaf and the woman for the night. Vegeta was about to blow a fuse. He stood up quickly, scowling, arms folded across his chest.

"I have had enough FUN for this…"

"Sit down and cork it." Piccolo interrupted. "Your sorry ass will remain here with the rest of us. We all agreed…"

"I agreed to nothing!" Vegeta huffed.

"We all agreed," Piccolo began again, "that if all of us combined couldn't beat Goku, we'd come here…for this."

Goku smiled broadly as Piccolo made a face of disgust.

"I don't mind losing so much." Krillin added as he fluffed his pillow.

"Me neither," Yamcha agreed. "This is kinda fun."

"So Vegeta. Sit down and shut up."

Reluctantly, Vegeta slowly sank to the floor, still scowling.

Puar, who had remained neutral for the evening's events, hovered near Goku and the huge bowl of buttered popcorn. He munched away happily and smiled up at Goku, thankful that his other friends had gotten their butts kicked.

"I'm all set. Let's start the movie." Yamcha said.

Bulma reached for the remote which was on the floor next to the bowl of popcorn, forcing her to lean over Vegeta. He watched her closely, angry that she would invade his personal space, but kept quiet. He was growing tired and didn't want Goku to smack him.

Goku smacked him. He pitched forward, bending over Bulma who was on his lap reaching for the remote. She squealed and giggled as Vegeta growled in protest.

"Loosen up!" Goku exclaimed. "Even Piccolo isn't being such a grouch."

"Grouch on the couch." Krillin chuckled.

Piccolo glared. He was actually just as pissed as Vegeta. He was just handling it much better. Much like Vegeta, he had a certain routine, call it ritual, that he practiced, and certain things such as community jogs, group hugs, and slumber parties didn't figure in. Although he had to admit, the couch was comfortable, and watching Vegeta suffer in between Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes and the Bimbo was rather entertaining.

The movie went smoothly, snide remarks and stinging jabs were kept to a minimum. There were a few rough spots where Bulma became frightened. She'd ended up inching closer to Vegeta and even outright grabbing him. Even though he was rude and argumentative, she felt safe near him. He mumbled and grumbled at first, but after the third time she jumped on him he just sighed and accepted it.

Yamcha, on the other hand, was starting to bruise. During the scary scenes
Goku would yelp and flail, pummeling Yamcha as he lay on his makeshift pallet, trying to enjoy the show. Puar squeaked and jumped just as much as Goku, much to Yamcha's dismay. He'd have to figure in buttery hair along with at least one black eye.

"Are we ready for the next movie yet?" Piccolo asked. It didn't matter to him how many movies they watched. He could meditate like a champion.

"More Movies?" Goku whispered. "But isn't it already past our bedtime?"

"No, silly." Bulma giggled a reply. "We can stay up all night if we want to."

Vegeta grunted.

"Which is a good idea," she continued, "since I can give someone a much needed body massage." Bulma clapped her hands together. "I even have some oils in my room." She untangled herself from the blankets and ran to her room.

Yamcha sighed. ~Alright! After getting beaten for the last hour and a half, I'll finally get some loving…and the babe's hands all over me~. He thought.

"Another movie? Who rented the second movie?" Krillin asked as he munched some chips. "I'm pooped. I don't think I can stay up much longer."

"Vegeta? Did you finish all the cheese?" Goku asked.

"Have you not eaten enough of that butter and salt concoction, Kakarott?" Vegeta answered with his own question.

"Gheez Vegeta, loosen up already. I'm going to the kitchen to get some more cheese and stuff. Anyone want anything?" Goku stated.

Krillin and Piccolo shook their heads, Puar nodded and held out the popcorn bowl, Yamcha looked a little dazed and glazed over, and Vegeta glared.

Goku got up and walked into the kitchen. He ran into Bulma heating a bottle in the microwave. She smiled at him and giggled.

"Hey there handsome. I hope you're enjoying the sleepover."

Goku nodded. "Yeah. It's fun. I'm glad we thought of it." He winked at her.

Bulma nodded. She seemed a little nervous, Goku noticed. The microwave beeped and she grabbed her bottle from the inside.

"Goku? Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure. What's up Bulma?"

"Well, I just wanted to know…do you know.." She faltered and fidgeted, "does…" she continued in a whisper, "does Vegeta have a girlfriend?"

Goku blinked. "Uh, no. I mean, who'd date him?" Goku answered truthfully.

Bulma brightened at the news and gave a nervous little giggle.

"Yeah," she answered back. "I wonder who would." She sighed. Why would she ask that? Was she even his type?

Back in the living room, things were getting tense. At least for Piccolo. He had thought he was safe as long as he appeared to be paying attention. Krillin's smelly socks, however, were throwing off his concentration.

"And I say that Captain Kirk was the man!" Yamcha stated forcefully. "How many women did Spock ever manage to get?"

"It is not about the women, asshole." Vegeta grunted.

"Especially when we all know that aliens are way more sexy than earth men." Bulma interjected on her way in from the kitchen. "Must've been the ears."

Vegeta paled and stiffened as he felt hands lightly touch his shoulders. Next, he felt a body mesh itself against his back, more specifically, a female body. He felt the woman poke him in the back and grab at the hem of his shirt.

"You have to take this off Vegeta." Bulma breathed into his ear.

Krillin raised his eyebrow at Puar who squeaked out a tiny giggle. Yamcha yawned loudly as Piccolo gave an amused snort. Even though he was concentrating hard to meditate over the smell of ripe feet, he could still pick up on Vegeta's panic, which he found extremely amusing.

"What!?" Vegeta huffed.

"Fine. If you don't want to take it off, I can work around that." Bulma stated as she ran her hands up and down his back in one strong, smooth motion.

Vegeta shuddered. He was torn between wanting more, or kicking her in the head. Bulma, on the other hand, was enjoying herself. Vegeta was nice and warm, and so muscular that she enjoyed the feel of him. Not sensing any resistance she continued her strong assault on his tense frame. She truly believed that if he would just relax, he would have a better time. Besides, in the time she had spent with the man, she had learned that he seemed to thrive on conflict, but when she was nice to him, he often got flustered.

Goku returned from the kitchen with a half stick of pepperoni hanging out of his mouth and a box full of crackers under his arm. He handed Puar another huge bowl of buttered popcorn and prodded Yamcha with his foot to see if he was awake. He wasn't.

"Guess he's pretty beat." Goku finally stated. "Well, we'll just have to watch the second movie without him."

"Actually," Krillin interjected, "Could we hold that thought for about 20 minutes? I wanted to call in and check on #18. I promised."

Everyone who was still awake seemed to agree that they wouldn't mind. As Krillin walked into the kitchen with the phone, Goku looked around, as if he was suddenly remembering something.

"Bulma?" Goku asked.

Bulma looked over at Goku, smiling as she continued rubbing Vegeta's neck and shoulders.

"Did you call Chi Chi?" Goku blinked.

Bulma's face went blank for a moment as her mouth formed into an O. "She said she would be over as soon as she finished up with the dinner crowd at around 10."

"It's 9:45 now." He looked over at the clock. "Would you guys mind if I ducked out for a few minutes and went and picked her up?"

Puar chuckled as Piccolo rolled his eyes. Bulma didn't appear to mind. And Vegeta seemed to be in his own little universe as he slumped back against Bulma, pinning her back up against the couch.

"Right." Goku stated as he stood up and grabbed his sweatshirt. "Don't start the movie without us!" He called from the kitchen.

Bulma lived on the third floor of a huge, old townhouse. From the ledge in the kitchen, Goku looked down three flights of stairs that lead from her front door to the landing that was part of her kitchen. He swung his legs over the ledge, and looked back into the living room through the arched doorway to make sure no one was looking. Then he dropped down, making sure not to hit anything on the way.

*****

Chi Chi packed the last of the pork dumplings she had made to take to Bulma's when she heard someone knock on the open back door.

"Hello?" A familiar, happy, masculine voice rang out. "Wow, something sure smells good!"

"Goku?" Chi Chi asked as she looked around the corner where the huge cupboards were.

"Hey. I thought I would come down and take you back to Bulma's. It's kinda chilly out there and besides, it's late." He smiled down at her. "So this is your place, huh? Pretty nice. You know, I really love kitchens. Mostly because that's where the food is." He began to sniff around until he saw the bag on the counter.

"Oh no." Chi Chi giggled and scolded at the same time. "I'm taking this over to Bulma's."

Goku grinned. Chi Chi gave him a threatening point of her finger as she called out of the door into the eating area. "I'm leaving! Make sure it's all set before you go!"

"S'ok!" A voice called back.

She nodded at Goku as she took his arm and the bag and headed out the back door.

He was right, it was chilly. She wrapped her shawl tighter to ward off the late evening chill. She was about to turn and hail for a taxi when Goku suddenly took his sweatshirt off and wrapped it around her shoulders. She looked at him thoughtfully for a moment as he smiled down at her.

"Won't you get cold?"

"Naw. I'm a heat machine."

Chi Chi continued to look up at him as they slowed down at one of the city street corners. There really weren't too many people out on the street. It was unseasonably cold and it was drizzling. As they neared the corner, he took her hand and held it up to his cheek, and she felt just how warm his skin was. He felt wonderful. That's when he caught her scent.

"Mmmmm…" He breathed. "That's chicken. You've been cooking chicken. Seasoned with rosemary."

She sucked in her breath as he looked down at her once again. He was still smiling that sweet, innocent smile, but his eyes held something deeper.

He wasn't sure what to do. He knew what he wanted, but he wasn't sure how to approach the whole thing. He had never really dated, always being too busy with work and beating people like Vegeta, Piccolo and his brother up. He had talked to Raditz about Chi Chi though, and Raditz did have a few handy pointers. Raditz had basically stated that if Goku wanted Chi Chi, he should just simply go for it. Well, to Goku, that left a lot of room for comment, not to mention error, but as he looked down into Chi Chi's dark eyes at 10 o'clock at night on a dark and rainy street corner waiting for traffic to clear, and surrounded by the smells of chicken, pork and shrimp, he could only think of one thing. And he went for it.

*****

#17 was running late. He wasn't working third shift but he had to stay late to work on one of his cases that was particularly ass bending. #18 had walked into the office before she went out on patrol to tell him that Krillin had called from Bulma's, and had asked if he could bring a pizza or two when he graced them with his presence. When she made the request, he grimaced, remembering the bet he had taken part in and lost. He was looking forward to maybe going back to his place and giving his little black book, volume III, a peek through. But no. He was stuck. And he had promised. Besides, he knew Piccolo had been sucked in too, and if he thought that he went through an ass beating tonight, he couldn't picture what Piccolo would do to him tomorrow if he ditched.

He didn't mind stopping for the pizza though. As a matter of fact, he ordered two. He was puzzled about his fixation with this damn pizza. He hated pizza! But lately, he just couldn't say no to a warm, or cold for that matter, pizza pie from Garlic City Pizzeria. He couldn't even say why he liked it so much, and it was very unnerving.

Without much of an internal struggle, he grabbed his keys, turned off the lights, locked his office, and headed out to pick up the pizza on his way to Bulma's.

*****

Chi Chi wasn't sure how it had happened, and at the moment she was pretty much incapable of coherent thought. The only thing she was aware of, and indeed the only thing that mattered, was Goku. Goku's arms around her waist, pulling her to him as his lips captured hers in a long, heated, passionate kiss. As the kiss deepened, she didn't seem as cold, and she didn't feel so unsure about herself. And as his one hand seemed to wander and settle down on her rump, she didn't feel the wind pick up and rush past her, swirling her hair and ruffling her long dress.

Goku was having a hard time keeping his senses in check. Although he had enough sense not to, his Saiyan mating instincts were screaming at him to take the woman right then and there. He knew better, although at the moment it was hard to concentrate on anything except her. She was so soft, and smelled so good, and tasted even better. He recovered slightly when he felt her shift in his arms, and saw her commit a heinous act as she lost her grip on the bag of goodies she was carrying. With expert reflexes, he swung his one arm around and caught the bag before it dropped more than 3 inches and managed to keep pace with the kiss. His mind continued to race. Partial thought was given to the kiss, another part was given to thinking how many people would notice if he took her right against the wall of the bank on their left. A small portion was obligated to think about how much time it would take to get back to Bulma's while another rather large portion of thought was given to the feeling rising in his stomach originating from his groin as she pressed herself against him. But the portion of thought that finally won out was that those pork and shrimp dumplings were getting cold.

So, with expert ease and practiced grace, he flared his ki to keep them warm, and rose into the air as his lips and tongue played with hers, at times overheating into nips and bites. Below them, he heard gasps and cries as they passed overhead, and he felt a little guilty as he heard a car horn blare and then the sound of crunching metal and glass. He flew quickly though, and in no time at all he touched down in front of Bulma's building.

His kiss was absolutely breath taking, and not just because he seemed reluctant to break for air. She herself never wanted it to end, and at times she felt as if she were flying, that her body was simply lifted up in desire and delight. As he pulled away and broke the kiss, Chi Chi looked up into those wonderfully dark eyes of his, and she blushed a deep red. He tilted his head and regarded her for a moment, all the while smiling. He hadn't released her from his embrace, and she realized that she had been holding him just as tightly. She lowered her gaze and rested her head for a moment on his chest. He gave her a squeeze as he kissed the top of her head tenderly.

"I'm glad you could make it tonight," he whispered.

Chi Chi smiled as she squeezed him back. "Me too," she admitted.

As she opened her eyes and looked around for the first time, she saw that they were now standing in the middle of the sidewalk right in front of Bulma's apartment.

"Goku? How did we get…" she trailed off.

"Come on. Let's get inside." He put his arm around her shoulder and pointed her towards the door.

*****

Sunlight streamed in through the huge window in the living room, depicting a scene of utter chaos. Pillows and blankets were everywhere, but even that had nothing on the bodies. Krillin had managed to wedge himself between the couch cushions pushing two blankets over #17, who was laid out upside down and dangling from the other end of the couch. Piccolo, who had tried to maintain a calm and meditative position decided against it at the last minute and lay stretched out on the other couch that he had commandeered during the previous evening. Goku was propped up against the couch Krillin and #17 were on, with one arm around Chi Chi who had fallen asleep cuddled into his side, and the other arm and a leg covering Yamcha's legs. Yamcha lay on his bed of blankets and pillows on the floor, now in total disarray while Puar slept across his head with a little bit of kitty drool dripping onto Yamcha's cheek. Vegeta and Bulma, who had fallen asleep on their own little pallets next to each other, had somehow managed to migrate and were locked in a sweet and passionate embrace as they slept, Vegeta on Bulma's big pink pillow with Bulma using him as hers.

And of course, everyone was snoring.

Chi Chi was the first to wake up. Or so she thought. As she slowly edged into the world of the living, she felt the soreness in her neck and rear. She began to stretch and yawn and move about when a gruff voice from the couch mumbled a good morning.

Piccolo.

"Good Morning," she stated quietly and smiled. "Is it time for breakfast? Are you hungry?" She asked him, yawning again and checking her watch.

Piccolo shook his head and made a face.

"I'm gonna go and wash up, then I will start on breakfast. This should be fun. Are you sure you don't want anything?" Chi Chi continued the conversation with the green man in hushed tones.

"No," Piccolo shook his head. "But I think I will make myself useful and help you in the kitchen. The display in here is a little too…" he trailed off, while looking in Vegeta and Bulma's direction.

Chi Chi followed his gaze and chuckled. "Ah, I think it's cute. But you're right. He is an asshole." Chi Chi commented quietly as she got up slowly so as not to disturb the others.

Piccolo waited for Chi Chi in the kitchen. He wasn't sure what ingredients to get ready, seeing that he didn't really participate in the whole eating thing. When she came in she looked through the fridge and marveled at all the items it held. She had noticed that Bulma not only lived alone in the huge townhouse apartment, but also had a huge kitchen with industrial sized appliances to boot. It was then that she remembered that Bulma did mention something about being the daughter and heir to the Briefs family that owned Capsule Corporation, the most successful Corporation on the planet. Remembering that she shrugged and decided not to feel bad if she emptied the entire stock of food. After all, they were feeding all the boys, especially Goku and Vegeta, and the way THEY ate. Besides, Bulma could afford it.

The delicious smells of sausage, bacon, pancakes, eggs and toast wafted into the living room as Vegeta blinked sleep from his eyes. He cracked his neck and breathed deeply, moving his arms to stretch, and then realizing that they were holding something and being laid on. He looked down as he felt something snuggle into his chest, and almost flew out of the window in terror as he looked down and realized who it was. Regaining his composure and breathing deeply, he took another approach to his situation. He was quite comfortable, and he rather liked the feel of her in his arms, but there were others present, and although sleeping, if they were to wake up and catch him, he'd never live it down. He began to ease his arm out from under her as he removed his other hand from the position it held under her nighty on her rump, smooshing her pelvis flush against his. When he pulled away, she made a whimper of protest. He didn't wish to wake her so he attempted to placate her by placing a soft kiss on her forehead, lingering a little longer than necessary. She calmed immediately, sighed, and rolled over as he plopped the blankets on her to keep her warm.

"Mmmmm…that smells like breakfast!" Goku exclaimed cheerfully.

Well, so much for making a gracious retreat.

Groans sounded from around the room as Goku and his stomach managed to wake everyone. He looked around and yawned as he rose and stretched. Vegeta growled as he sat on the floor glaring, and Bulma rolled over again next to him and let out a high pitched sigh as she stretched. Yamcha shouted a protest as Puar jumped up and grabbed his head, startled from Goku's shout. From the kitchen, Chi Chi made her demands.

"Before you eat, you have to wash up!"

Goku and Vegeta glared at each other, and then nearly burned a track in the carpet as they raced to the bathroom to wash up. Krillin tried to squeeze under and through the fighting pair's legs and crawl into the bathroom. Yamcha was trying desperately to detach the spooked shape-shifting kitty from his head while #17 yawned on the couch and looked at Bulma.

"We can share my bathroom," she smiled at him. "Those morons can beat each other senseless for all I care."

*****

All in all, the slumber party went well. Chi Chi and Piccolo helped Bulma clean up as everyone else crowded around the table to eat. By the time noon rolled around, everyone was packed and ready to leave.

Bulma was holding her big pink pillow as she waved everyone goodbye at the door. She gave Krillin a pat on the head as she stuck her tongue out at Piccolo. She hugged Chi Chi, Goku and #17 and thanked them for coming. She even gave a hug to Yamcha and Puar as they left. Last, but certainly not least, was Vegeta. He strolled down the stairs with a practiced look of boredom on his face.

"Well, how's the lip?" Bulma asked him.

"How I ever managed to get to sleep with this stench of vanilla all over me is a wonder." He remarked, ignoring her question while referring to her massage oils.

"You could have taken a shower here. I wouldn't have minded." She replied back with a smile. He was trying to goad her, she knew, and she wasn't going to let him.

"It's all over my clothing." He mumbled.

"Oh!" Bulma exclaimed. "Wait right here. I have something for you." She put her pillow down on the front hall table and ran up the stairs.

Vegeta tapped his foot on the floor as he waited by the door. Truth be told, he had slept better last night than any other time he could remember, and he felt really good, thanks to her massage. Of course, he wasn't about to tell her that. But that massage, with her hands all over him, and when she had moved her hands to massage the muscles on his stomach, and had moved her hands a little farther down, almost touching his…

"Vegeta?" Bulma asked.

He snapped out of his trance with a scowl.

"Here," she stated quietly. "You let me borrow this after the volleyball game, and I just kept forgetting to bring it back to work." She lied as she handed him his sweatshirt.

He looked down at it and blinked a few times, then back up at her.

"It's all washed. I wouldn't want to offend you with my smell." She rather looked depressed at that remark.

He brought the fabric up to his nose and inhaled deeply. Sure it was washed, but her smell was all over it.

"Thanks." Was all he managed to say as he began to open the door to leave.

"Thanks for coming Vegeta." She practically breathed.

He gave her a nod as his brow creased with thought, and then he stepped out, closing the door behind him.

Bulma sighed as she grabbed her pillow, the one she had let Vegeta sleep on last night, and hugged it tightly as she shut her eyes and sighed. She could smell his masculine scent all over the thing. She hoped it would linger for weeks.

Outside, as Vegeta began his walk back to his own apartment, he held his sweatshirt in front of him, as he breathed in its scent yet again. There was no mistaking it, that was her sweet smell all over it. He would never wash that sweatshirt again.

*****

I put the rating up a little, just for situational stuff, and for the next chapter. Looking over what I have in store, it would be really easy to turn this story into a huge porno (cheesy 70's music pops up the in background). But I won't. Anyway, when I originally posted this, I stopped here so I could go and play some hockey. Things change very little…