Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Cop Story ❯ The Spilling of Guts ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer : My breathing problem is my own to deal...I mean, the characters aren't mine, I didn't make them up.

A Cop Story

Part Twelve

By RM

The Spilling of Guts

She stepped out of her car and fixed her skirt. She was pleased with how good she looked today. She had wanted to look drop-dead gorgeous and everything had worked out wonderfully. Until she found out that Vegeta had called in sick. The little bastard was probably trying to avoid her. Well, she wasn't going to take that kind of treatment! She was angry. Very angry. Her thoughts raced as she opened the door to the restaurant, which Chi Chi had politely left open for her. The guy was all over her last night, and she was all over him. She'd never felt so alive, and she had never seen such desire in a man before, then he just up and left her cold. After, she finds out that the guy's something called a Saiyan? The whole night had seemed too surreal. She had to admit it had been some week.

"Bulma? Something wrong?" Chi Chi asked walking from the kitchen to the front door. She locked it back up while Bulma stood there, deep in thought.

"Chi?" She asked a little shakily. "Do you love Goku?"

Well, that was getting to the point.

Chi Chi regarded her for a moment. She had only known Goku for about three months. Could you fall in love with someone after only three months? The moment wasn't over as Chi Chi already knew her answer.

"I'm going to marry that man someday," she stated simply yet firmly.

"And nothing could change your mind about that?" Bulma pressed.

"Nothing," Chi Chi shook her head. She was positive.

"Well, then. I hope you don't mind that I invited him to have lunch with us this afternoon." Bulma replied.

Chi Chi raised an eyebrow as she pushed Bulma towards the kitchen. "What's up?"

Bulma placed a large bag on the floor as she stepped up to the counter to wash her hands. "It has to do with Goku and Vegeta. There's something that we need to discuss with them. Something that's going to be hard to hear and take some time getting used to."

Chi Chi paled. She was somehow expecting the worst. When Bulma turned around to dry her hands, she saw the look on Chi Chi's face and realized how she must have sounded.

"Oh, no. It's not like that." Bulma insisted. "Just…just let me breach the subject."

Chi Chi relaxed a little, but the questioning look remained.

"Why my Goku? If your bone is with Vegeta, why my Goku?"

"You know Vegeta," Bulma said. "He'd never crack. Goku? He's a little more… flexible. Especially surrounded by food."

"I don't know what you're up to." Chi Chi stated.

"Just trust me." Bulma replied. "It's important. Especially if you love him."

Chi Chi nodded as her look hardened with determination. "Fine then. Let's make something absolutely delectable."

*****

#17 strapped on his side arm and put on his coat. He stopped by the locker room just after line up to check and see if Tien had left for home yet. Goku was walking down the hall towards Captain Roshi's office as #17 rounded the corner.

"Hey Goku," #17 greeted him. "Where's Vegeta today?"

"He called in sick." Goku smiled.

"Sick?" #17 questioned. "Vegeta? Sick?"

"Well, not sick exactly. He strained his left nut." Goku stated cheerfully.

#17's face paled and he made an almost inaudible grunt. That wasn't an injury you announced lightly at any time. That was an injury that could bring men down. Usually on their knees. Even if they were just witnesses.

"He got into it with Zarbon, but Captain Roshi isn't supposed to know that." Goku mumbled almost conspiratorially.

"Is that why Zarbon is wearing a neck brace?" #17 smiled.

"He is?" Goku blinked. "I know Vegeta whacked him pretty good."

"I was over at Central this morning dropping off some info. He was walking around in a neck brace. He looked miserable." #17 smiled. "It was great."

Goku chuckled.

"Are you coming for lunch today then?" #17 asked.

"No. Actually, I am going for lunch with Chi and Bulma." Goku nervously scratched the back of his head and smiled. "They'll be expecting me."

#17 nodded. "Well, hope you have a good time." He smirked.

*****

The little bell sounded as the door opened and closed, signaling the beginning of the lunchtime rush. He straightened his tie as he snorted in disgust at the odor of food drifting around from the huge ovens that dominated the back room, visible through a narrow door to the side of the short counter. Yamcha strolled in behind him, ready to pick up his order. He was puzzled as to why the other man had wanted to come in with him. He knew that he didn't like the whole food issue, so why bother? He was just making faces anyway.

"That smell." Piccolo grumbled, fingering his tie.

"Yeah, Pizza!" Yamcha exclaimed.

"No, it's something more…" Piccolo trailed off as a little creature in a smock and collar climbed up onto a ladder type stool to stare at them.

"We're here to pick up our order?" Yamcha was trying not to drool.

Piccolo grunted and eyed the little man.

"Ah. Yes." He sounded as he grabbed a small slip of paper and rang up the order.

Yamcha promptly paid and grabbed the box of pizza, smiling.

Piccolo took another deep breath, trying to commit the smell to memory before he stepped out of the door. Pilaf eyed him carefully as he took one last look around and walked out behind Yamcha.

"That smell…" Piccolo started again. "I know that smell…"

"Well, duh!" Yamcha interrupted. "It's pizza! Hell-O! We only eat it like, everyday!"

Piccolo shot Yamcha a disgusted look as he sat down in the car. Some days he just wanted to tear out his throat or force him to eat his own lips. Today he would settle for just tweaking Yamcha's already broken nose.

*****

Goku sat at the counter in the kitchen watching the women cutting, chopping and just cooking in general. He was pretty hungry, and his stomach growled loudly, not helping much to hide the fact. Bulma and Chi Chi prattled away about this and that, and how much of what to put where. Bulma dried off her hands as she picked up a jar and tried her best to open it, which wasn't enough. She finally nudged Goku, holding the jar out to him so he could open it for her. He wasn't paying much attention to anything but the food, but he grabbed the jar, opening it effortlessly.

Bulma placed some pickles on to a plate and handed it to Chi Chi by way of directly under Goku's nose. His head turned to watch the plate travel past him and into Chi Chi's hands. Bulma's eyes met Chi Chi's and she nodded, all the while discussing what warm weather they had been having until today. Goku looked as if he was about to say something, eyes still glued to the plate of pickles, when Bulma nudged him again holding out another jar that needed to be opened.

THWUNK! The seal popped off in the blink of an eye.

Chi Chi looked back at Bulma, waiting to see what would happen next. She then directed her gaze to Goku, who sighed longingly at the plate of pickles, his concentration unwavering.

Bulma continued talking in a steady stream as she pulled out what seemed to be another jar from the bag that she had toted in earlier. She held it up for Chi Chi to inspect while Goku kept a close eye on the food. It looked just like a normal jar of something, but Chi Chi could see that it was a solid lump of some strange metal that Bulma had discussed with her before Goku had arrived. Chi Chi had taken a close look at it then. It was some type of new alloy that Bulma and her father were working on in the lab. It was indestructible, or so all of the tests so far concluded. With a smirk, she handed the solid canister to Goku as she nudged him yet again. Without taking his eyes off of the pickles he grabbed the can and twisted…

A sickening, metal popping sounded throughout the kitchen. Chi Chi, who had been remarking on the perks of herbal teas, stopped in mid-sentence as Goku handed the now torn canister to Bulma as he laid a heavy metal chunk on the counter. Both women stopped and stared at him in surprise as he sighed again and looked at the pickles. Bulma shot Chi Chi a `see?' look as Goku finally worked up enough nerve to interrupt.

"Could I have one of those…" He trailed off as he finally looked up and took in the looks of shock on their faces. He blinked a few times as he looked down onto the counter top and realized what it was that he just opened. It was something that an ordinary human couldn't have done.

"So," Bulma finally stated a little too quiet and quite seriously, "Do you wanna explain to us exactly what a Saiyan is?"

*****

She was annoyed after leaving the restaurant. She just kept driving until she got to the Central Precinct. She was supposed to meet her father here to give him some papers and reports on some new devices they were working on. She parked her car and slammed the door. She walked hurriedly into the building, not caring if she bumped into people or just plain ran them over. She received appreciative glances from all of the men that walked past her, as she was dressed up in her sexiest business suit with her long hair trailing behind her. She didn't seem to realize that when she was this angry and upset she would jut out her chin and puff out her chest, which was also another reason why all of the men were staring.

She tightened her hold on her briefcase as she rounded the next corner, clicking her heels rhythmically on the tiled floors of the hallway. She was angry at Vegeta. Still. Unlike this afternoon however, she was mad at him for even more reasons. That's when she ran into Him.

He certainly was handsome as he smiled at her, and she remembered her other encounters with the exotic man. His golden eyes seemed to light up when he saw her standing in front of him.

"Miss Briefs."

"Bulma." She corrected him. "You make me feel so old."

"Ah." He licked his lips nervously.

She regarded him for a moment. He was in a uniform today, one that was different from what the other officers wore. His hair was pulled back into a loose ponytail. And he was wearing a small neck brace. Her brows furrowed as she took in his appearance.

"I was wondering…" he began.

Oh Lord, she thought, not again.

"Are you free this evening?" He asked.

She looked around, with a very calculated look.

"Or do you have other plans with someone else?" He raised an eyebrow.

Vegeta. He was referring to Vegeta. That little shit! Well, she thought, fuck Vegeta!

*****

He couldn't believe the weather had turned so quickly. They had planned on it being a little chilly, but this was ridiculous. It was practically freezing cold. Although, they had no problem keeping warm. That was one of the beauties of ki. It could be used for all sorts of things besides fighting, although sometimes fighting was fun too.

"Do you want some more hot chocolate?" #18 asked.

"Mmmm, yeah." Krillin answered back. He sat on a small blanket next to a warm campfire. He and #18 had planned a romantic week of camping. Just the two of them. And so far, it had been a pretty relaxing time. The weather had even been on their side, until this morning.

She poured a cup of the hot, rich drink for both of them, and came and sat down in-between his legs as she cuddled into him and the large blanket around them. He chuckled and she smiled. She really did love him, even though people had no idea what she saw in him. He was sweet and cute and he made her laugh. She found his attitude and demeanor to be complimentary to her own. She was more serious and inclined to rash actions. If anything, she often wondered what he saw in her. Sure, she was pretty, but she was sure that Krillin could do much better, especially when her attitude was factored in. She knew she wasn't the best person to get along with, but Krillin still loved her for who she was. And in turn, she loved him more for that.

The fire crackled and danced in the fading light of the early evening. It got dark quickly this time of year. Pretty soon it would start snowing. Hopefully not tonight.

He chuckled again as she wrapped her arms around him and they snuggled cheek to cheek. She gave him a sultry sigh as they watched the stars become visible in the crisp night sky.

"Your bag or mine?" Krillin chuckled into her ear.

"Mine." She stated. "It's bigger."

His laughter danced up into the night sky with the flames of the fire.

*****

"Are you sure you don't want any?" She asked, offering him the small plate.

He eyed it cautiously. "They look rather…squishy."

"Your loss," she shrugged, picking up one of the steamed oysters and sucking it off of the shell.

He made a face as he watched her. "How can you eat those things?" He asked.

"Easy," she stated. "I imagine you've seen worse. Being an ALIEN and all." She casually added.

His face went suddenly expressionless. How did she know?

"Just how many of you are there anyway?" She licked her fingers.

He eyed her wearily. She was a smart one, he'd grant her that. But what had given it away? True, he had odd coloring, but so did a lot of people he'd seen on Earth. That had been one of the deciders in taking up residence on this planet. That, and the fact that most of them had crashed here.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He began in an amused tone.

"Don't give me that line, blue boy. I know all about the whole Saiyan thing." She interrupted, glaring him down.

His eyes flashed alarm and anger but his face remained jovial as he toyed with his vegetables.

"I'm no Saiyan." He stated evenly.

"No, you're certainly not." She replied. "You're exotically beautiful. Saiyans are more rugged, brutish, and animalistic." She finished with a small sigh. And incredibly sexy, she added to herself.

He smiled when she called him beautiful. He knew he was but he liked it when someone else would point it out as well.

She smiled distantly as she looked past his shoulder to the picture on the wall of the restaurant, thinking of a certain Saiyan. Sitting here eating dinner with a fine-looking specimen of the male gender, and the only one she wanted to be with, she realized, was a rude, ill-tempered, downright hostile, little shit. Se also realized that she wasn't mad at him. Not really. She was mad at herself, mostly for being so easy last night. But the way he had kissed her and the way he made her feel, not to mention the way he had said he wanted her…it just wasn't fair!

"Bulma?"

"Oh…sorry." She blushed.

"Why don't you move to the lab in the Central Precinct?" Zarbon asked.

She took a sip of her wine and began to loosen another oyster from its shell. She knew Zarbon had been talking to her father, trying to persuade him to convince her that she should transfer to be in the Central Precinct where Ginyu and Zarbon worked.

"I like it where I am." She replied.

"But there's so much more down at Central." He countered.

Sure there was, she thought. Like you and Ginyu who call my house at least twice a day asking me out.

He saw the flicker of amusement pass across her face. And it bothered him that he wasn't able to read it. He watched her as she stuffed another one of those squishy, bad-smelling oysters in her mouth, enticed by the motion of her jaw.

"There's more opportunity for advancement down at Central too." He added as he finished off the last of his vegetables.

"I don't really care about advancement. I probably won't be working for the city too much longer." She chuckled as she licked her fingers again. "I have so many projects to finish up at the Corporation. This is really just a little stint to see what I can do for you fine young men." It wasn't a lie. She took the job with the police department so that she'd feel better about contributing to society as a whole. It was just a strange coincidence that she just loved men in uniforms. And incredibly tight leather pants. She sighed again as her thoughts turned to last night's events on a motorcycle.

"Bulma?" Zarbon asked after several minutes of spaced out silence.

"Sorry." She apologized yet again. "So what's with the neck brace?"

"Was pushed into a fight," was his reply. The little fucker tried to break my neck, he thought. He grinned down at his plate as he thought about the encounter with Vegeta. Hopefully, Vegeta would be out of the picture for at least a week.

"Did you win?" Bulma asked.

"In theory? Yes."

"And in practicality?"

"Let's just say he won't be in a hurry to repeat the mistake." Zarbon smiled as he lifted his wineglass and swirled around the liquid before he took a drink. He smiled back up at the beautiful woman sitting across from him. Yes. All he needed was a week, and she'd be all his.

*****

Chi Chi hadn't taken the news lightly, as Goku had painfully discovered rather too late.

CLANG!

"Ouch! Chi!" He protested.

She was wielding a huge iron skillet with both hands. It would have been enough to cause major head contusions in a normal human being, but the possibility of harming Goku had already been established earlier, when she had learned that he was definitely not a normal human being. Furious and rather upset, she kicked him in the shins.

"Aaaahhhh!" He yelled as he jumped up and down in her kitchen. She had decided to leave the restaurant after she picked out the menu for dinner, leaving instructions with her other two chefs as she sometimes did. She just didn't feel like working tonight. Not after this afternoon at lunch. Goku had skulked off after telling them everything. Bulma and Chi Chi had just stood there, taking all of the information in, trying to decide what to do. After Bulma left, Chi Chi decided to go home. She hadn't thought that Goku would show up after work. And it was clear that she hadn't taken his showing up well.

"Come on Chi! Just let me explain…"

CLANG!

"Ouch! That hurts!"

"Goku! How could you! How could you lie to me!" Chi Chi cried, a mixture of sadness and anger.

"I didn't lie Chi! Honest!"

CLANG!

"Hey! Stop that!"

"You lied!" She accused as she took another swing.

This time he ducked. "I didn't lie!" He protested. "You never asked!"

She swung again and connected.

CRACK!

The pan split in two, and the force of the blow knocked Goku onto the floor. He sat very still, head in his hands, and didn't make a sound this time.

Chi Chi looked down in horror as she dropped what was left of her skillet with a crash onto the floor. She gasped and fell to her knees next to Goku. Wringing her hands with tears streaking down her face, she realized that he was right. Her anger faded and was replaced by worry.

He was right. She had never asked.

"Oh Goku!" She cried as she threw her arms around him.

He looked panic stricken as she hugged him tightly. His head wasn't bleeding, and he wasn't badly hurt, but he had still felt some pain, and right now he had a headache that could kill an elephant. Maybe even a Saiyan.

He tried to stand up and didn't quite make it. His head was swimming and as he looked up into the lights of the kitchen, he saw stars.

"Oh Goku!" She began weeping. "Please forgive me! I'm so sorry!"

He looked over the top of her head as she hugged him fiercely, pressing herself into his chest. He finally brought his arm up and squeezed her gently, kissing her forehead and rubbing her back to soothe her.

"I would have told you earlier." He stated quietly as she wept. "I wasn't sure how to though."

She sniffled a few times as she calmed down.

"And I wasn't sure how you felt about me." He added.

The whole house was suddenly very quiet as they sat embracing on the kitchen floor.

"I guess maybe I should go. You've had a lot to deal…" he began

"No." Came the muffled reply. She brought her head up from his chest and looked into his eyes. "No," she stated again. "Don't leave. Please don't leave."

Her eyes were pleading. How could he say no?

He gave her a sweet smile as he nodded. "Sure Chi. But, can we get up? My butt's falling asleep."

She giggled as she pulled his head down for a kiss. She couldn't have his butt fall asleep now, could she?

*****

"Dammit Vegeta! I know you're in there!" She yelled from the hallway, sure that she was disturbing the neighbors, but not giving a shit. She had been standing outside his door for a good ten minutes and she was getting more impatient by the second. Flipping her hair over her shoulder, and shifting her weight she tried the doorknob for emphasis, so he'd know she knew he was in there. What she didn't expect was for the door to open.

"Hm," she mumbled. "Sometimes it DOES take a rocket scientist."

She walked in and locked the door behind her. It was dark and it was very cold in his apartment. She couldn't see a whole lot, but as her eyes became accustomed to the dark she found that there wasn't much to see. The apartment was pretty empty. There was a small table and a chair in the kitchen, and no appliances save a toaster on the counter top. She placed her purse and a bag of food on the table and peeked into the living room. There were no furnishings in the room at all, but a thick, hard mat that looked like it belonged in a gym covered the entire floor. She shook her head and walked down the small hallway, picking up on a little noise and some flashes of light coming from one of the rooms. She passed by the bathroom, cold and very clean. And then she pushed open the door of what she assumed was the bedroom.

It wasn't very big, but at least there was some furniture here. There was a dresser on one wall and a closet. There was a television that was turned on in the corner, quietly finishing up the news for the evening and throwing light into the room. And there was a medium sized bed pushed up against the wall, and it wasn't empty. As she walked into the room softly, she could tell that the figure in the bed was Vegeta. The dead giveaway was the hair. The other contributing clue was the attitude.

"Fuck. Off."

She stuck out her tongue at him, but he didn't see her. His back was turned and he was facing the television, snuggled under the blankets and curled into fetal position. He reminded her of herself when she suffered from PMS.

"Cold enough for you in here?" Bulma asked as she looked towards the dresser, taking off her shoes.

"I should ask you that. I'm not the ice queen." He mumbled.

"Hmmm, and I thought that cold weather made a man's privates shrivel. Guess yours don't work that way." She remarked, opening one of the drawers.

So she had found out he had strained his groin, and was coming over to gloat? "Don't. Go. There." He practically growled.

"Why? I was just pointing out that it takes a lot of balls to insult me when I came all the way here to make sure you were alive. And I brought you dinner." She stated flatly as she rummaged through his drawer.

He heard her going through his drawer behind him. He didn't dare turn around to see what she was up to. He wasn't sure he wanted to know. Then he heard the very distinct sound of a zipper being pulled down. He stifled a groan as he attempted to move a bit to see what she was doing this time.

She slid her skirt off and removed her hose. And she tried to do it all very quickly. It was so cold in his apartment. Didn't the man believe in heat? She removed her jacket and top next, quickly slipping on a clean shirt she had found in his drawer. She shivered a bit from the cold, and also from the thought of what she was about to do. Well, she had figured out what she had wanted from him. It was time to find out if he would want the same thing. She didn't like living with uncertainty. And this was a good way to find out just what he felt.

He couldn't see much since he wasn't willing to roll completely over. He caught a flash of blue as her hair poked through the neck of one of his shirts, and he saw her slink over to the bed. She knelt down and crawled over to his side, slipping under the covers. He shivered and sighed as he felt her bare leg slide down and over his thigh. She fluffed a pillow and put her head down so she could see the television. Wrapping her arm around the front of his bare chest, she pulled his head onto hers and kissed his shoulder lightly. He was about to curse up a storm when he suddenly felt her other hand reach up and comb through his hair. He closed his eyes and relaxed. She always seemed to know exactly what he liked, or what would calm him down, and right now the comfort she offered felt so good.

"I see Star Trek is starting." She commented quietly.

He didn't say anything as it took all of his concentration to not get excited. But she kept rubbing her leg against his thighs and it would have been a soothing gesture if he was truly too tired for anymore bedroom activity, and actually could participate in anymore bedroom activity than what he was currently doing.

"Woman," he managed out finally. "I can't."

She kissed his shoulder lightly once again and smiled. She was happy to just be near him. She was also quite happy with the fact that he wasn't wearing anything. He was extremely muscular and nice and warm.

"I don't want anything like that tonight." She told him gently. "I came over because I realized that I wanted to be with you. Is that OK?"

He thought about it for a moment. He wasn't sure what was OK with him anymore. He didn't want attachments. He didn't want to be considered weak and clingy. But the longer he told himself this, the more being with her felt right. Maybe his problem was that he didn't know what happened next. But she hadn't laughed at him yet, and she did keep coming back for more. So without much more deliberation, he finally nodded against her chest and didn't mumble any protests. Sure, it was more than OK.

She took that as a positive sign.

After minutes of silence she sighed heavily and chuckled.

"What is so funny?" He asked accusingly.

"That Spock," she replied. "I still say that aliens are way more sexy than Earth men." She whispered as she pulled more of his body closer against hers, "Especially alien princes."

*****

I stooped to writing a lemon scene for chapters 15 and 16. Just warning everyone now. If you've read some of my other stuff, you've already realised I'm a pig, so you'll just have to deal with it, but you have another chapter or so to think about it…