Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Cop Story ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 27 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ or it's characters.

Warning: None really. I'm just doing this for old time's sake.

A Cop Story

Epilogue

By RM

8 Years Later…

The gurgling and squirming continued as the small bundle was shifted and shoved underneath his arm. He was trying to find something worth eating that already hadn't been packed for the upcoming picnic he had been suckered into. The promise of good food and the special `no holds barred sparring match free for all' that had been arranged for the coming week was more than enough to compensate for his time.

He sniffed at a small, brown paper bag, picking it out of the refrigerator as he heard a loud squeal and felt something wet dribble down his arm.

Vegeta slowly panned his gaze to stare down at the chunky, little body wedged against his hip like a sack of small potatoes, only not as useful. The short arms and legs dangled towards the floor as they wiggled every now and then, although there was no obvious struggle to get free from the grip being exerted to keep the small bundle from falling. He showed absolutely no emotion as he continued to scrutinize the small form chirping and drooling down his arm. Since he had been born and raised a warrior prince, he had never had much interaction with children, let alone infants. Sure, he knew that they were noisy and prone to cry, but he hadn't known that babies were nothing more than drool and shit machines.

"Vegeta?" He heard his woman's voice calling as she entered the kitchen, "have you seen my sweater?"

He turned his head slightly, shifting his concentrated gaze from his son to his woman. Why in the hell would he know where her sweater was?

"Hiya Trunks!" She cooed sweetly as she approached the pair at the refrigerator. "Is your big, strong daddy holding you the wrong way again?" She asked this time, reaching out and taking the smiling baby boy in her arms.

Vegeta scowled, watching the pair as they cuddled next to the long, white counter. "I do not exist to hold children," he stated flatly as he refocused his attention on the open refrigerator.

"No kidding," Bulma replied as she continued to smile at the little boy in her arms. "Is my little man hungry?"

Trunks gurgled and squealed as his big blue eyes lit up at the hint of being fed. Bulma watched him with a smile, marveling at his little expression, the perfect mixture of both her husband and herself. He was such a happy little guy, always wanting to be held or to be a part of the action just like his mother. But his little brow was so serious and his gaze was constantly sizing up his surroundings. And that was all his father.

"Did you have to pack everything for this damned picnic?" Vegeta complained while shutting the freezer door with a loud thud.

"I didn't pack everything," Bulma stated plainly. "I'll go shopping tomorrow morning. Until then, I left a nice bowl of fruit over there on the counter. It's not as if you're wasting away."

Vegeta mumbled something quietly as he looked towards a large bowl of fresh fruit sitting in plain view on the counter. He admitted that while he liked fruit, he really was in the mood for something a little more substantial. He was also a little peeved that he hadn't noticed it earlier.

Quickly grabbing an apple and shoving it in his mouth, he turned around to lovingly glare at the human female he had chosen to spend the rest of his life with. She was now sitting at the kitchen table with his son, breast-feeding. His spine tingled briefly and he fought the urge to kill the little son of a …

"Strike that," he mumbled out loud as he turned around to grab another piece of fruit. He had once admitted to himself that the idea of anyone else so much as touching his woman was enough to make him want to crush a few eyeballs out of their sockets. And when he meant anyone, he had meant ANYONE.

After several minutes of relative silence he shoved the apple core into his mouth and chewed quickly, trying to concentrate on the orange that was to come next.

Sensing his impatience, Bulma stood up while fixing her top and held out the baby for him to take. "I'll go grab a sweater and we'll leave right away," she stated with a smile as she watched his back. When he didn't turn around she walked up to him and traced a finger down his arm. When he finally turned his head slightly she stood on her tiptoes and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

His expression didn't budge an inch as he looked down at her smiling face and the small baby boy fidgeting in her arms. After a few moments of deliberation, he put the orange down on the counter and lifted the small, drooling child out of her grasp.

"You'll owe me twice for this," he announced with a slight twitch of his lips.

"You know I'm good for it," she smiled coyly, dropping her gaze and just as quickly looking up at him through thick eyelashes before turning and making her way out of the room.

He watched her go, her hips swaying seductively as she went. It always amazed him that for the number of years they had been together that he still felt he couldn't get enough of her. He shifted his stance before returning his attention to the task at hand, knowing full well that the previous thoughts would currently only land him in trouble.

"Listen you little shit," he glared at the small baby as he held him up and at arms length. "She may be your mother but she is MY woman. Do not get too used to being coddled like some silly child. You are a Saiyan. I will expect you to act like one."

Vegeta watched his son as he concluded his speech. Trunks stared back, kicking every now and again as a large bubble of spit formed at the corner of his half-gummy mouth.

Vegeta felt much better now that he had set the ground rules. It wasn't that he didn't care for his son. He cared for him very much. It was just that Vegeta saw no need in treating children any differently then he would treat anyone else.

He watched as his son broke out into a full-fledged smile. "Yes, I am glad we had this talk too, little one. Now wipe that smile off of your face before your mother catches us."

*****

In the very back seat of the slowly moving mini-van, Yamcha eyed the large bag of chips currently in the possession of one huge Saiyan whom he happened to be living with. Raditz had promised that he wouldn't overdo it with the junk food the night before, but so far after two bags of chips, six cupcakes and at least a dozen cookies, he wasn't off to a promising start.

Yamcha frowned. Well, the cookies hadn't been his fault. That was all Puar. He insisted they bake several dozen cookies to contribute to the day's events and while baking, the Saiyan had managed to sneak a few. When they'd finally caught him in the act, Raditz agreed to only eat the broken ones. And that's when the cookies started breaking left and right.

It had all been due to Saiyan calculated error.

Eyeing the chips once more, he slowly inched his hand towards the open bag, quietly snagging a chip while Raditz's attention was concentrated out the window.

"Are we there yet?" Goku questioned, sighing as he peered from the window to his wife, who was doing the driving.

Using his father's distracting question as a cover, a small boy with a bowl haircut bent his elbow and reached around the seat to beg for a chip secretively.

"Gohan, don't you dare spoil your appetite!" Chi Chi chastised from behind the steering wheel. "Your uncle should know better," she narrowed her eyes in the rear view mirror.

Raditz slowly turned his head to blink at his nephew. He hadn't even had the chance to move the bag closer to the little guy. Just how in the hell did Chi Chi do that?

"Ah Chi, lighten up. It's just a chip," Goku stated as he looked at the passing traffic from his seat. "Maybe two," he added with a shrug.

Puar and Oolong, who were sitting behind Chi Chi and next to Gohan, were negotiating a particular move that had saved their skins on several occasions. They were staying out of it.

"And might I point out that his eating habits are all your fault?" She remarked, a little annoyed that Goku would undermine her authority in front of their son.

"You might," Goku responded in earnest. "But you knew about that before you married me."

Yamcha winced as he witnessed Goku's remark. Even though he realized Goku was simply being honest, it was rather a low blow.

"That's not the point," she replied sternly. "I don't care if he eats like a …"

Everyone in the vehicle consciously eyed Oolong as Chi Chi hesitated before continuing on.

"… it's the type of food that concerns me. Junk food is not brain food. And Gohan needs to keep up with his studies," she concluded triumphantly. She wasn't trying to pick a fight with her Sweetie, but sometimes he just really didn't understand what was truly best for young Gohan.

"Well, of course it's not brain food," Goku finally replied as he looked out the window once more. "Everyone knows that food goes into your stomach."

Gohan fidgeted nervously at his father's last comment. He knew his dad was just being honest and following the conversation to its logical end. He just hoped that his mother wouldn't fly off the handle.

Chi Chi took a deep breath before regarding the love of her life from the corner of her eye. She supposed he was right. Maybe it was just the hormones that were making her a little moody. But she solidly believed that good eating habits were important. Gohan had a great appetite, thanks to Goku's genes. She just didn't want Gohan eating the wrong kinds of foods in mass quantities.

"You may have one handful of chips, Gohan," she finally conceded as she dropped one hand from the steering wheel to rub her very pregnant stomach momentarily.

The little boy let out a hearty chuckle as his uncle held the bag towards him, and he took a small handful to munch. Behind him, Yamcha and Raditz exchanged smug glances. While each one of them knew better than to mess with a pregnant woman, both had to agree with what had just transpired.

Score one for Goku.

*****

"Set that over there," Launch ordered happily as she smoothed over the bright, blue tablecloth. It was such a beautiful day for the picnic and in her opinion, it was an even better day to be in charge of the picnic committee.

So far it looked to be a good day, and not just weather-wise. Most of the men from Tien's precinct had managed to show up, as well as most of their friends. Launch smiled as she thought of her bald cuddle-bear. He'd earned a promotion to Captain a few years ago so in essence, it really was his precinct. It also put him on the same playing field with Captain Roshi, and although Launch thought of him as little more than a dirty old man, she still liked him.

"I brought a whole slew of salads," a smooth feminine voice announced from behind the smiling brunette.

"Hiya!" Launch bubbled as she greeted #18 and Krillin with hugs and pecks on the cheeks. "It's so nice to see you both! I hope we'll have time to catch up on things."

"The boys will be busy eating," #18 stated as she surveyed the array of food still being laid out. "But I'm sure if we have some shade and a chow tray, Chi Chi and I will be fine."

Launch giggled at the mention of food as she reached out and patted #18's large stomach. Both #18 and Chi Chi were about seven months along and each one was equally excited about being in their current condition, although #18 was much better at hiding it.

#18 flicked back a strand of wayward blonde hair, fighting the urge to grab Launch's wrist and flip her over. Normally not one to beat around the bush, #18 was always a bit weary when the subject of children was brought up in front of the other woman. When Tien and Launch were married a year after Chi Chi and Goku, everyone expected Launch to be pregnant within an hour. It wasn't until later that they had learned she was barren. They had both taken the news pretty hard, although Launch did an incredible job of staying positive, as was her nature. Also, the talk of adoption had made things a little more bearable. Over the years, #18 and Launch had become very close friends and Launch had confided in her that she and Tien would pursue adoption when some of their other friends began having children. It was all about sharing the experience and having their children grow up together, so Launch said.

#18 wiggled her toes. The time was definitely getting close.

"Hey, where's the big guy?" Krillin asked as he finished setting their things on the table.

"He's over at the grill pit," Launch responded with a half giggle.

"Thanks. You gonna be OK honey?" He asked his wife, adjusting his black baseball cap.

"Peachy," #18 responded dryly before pushing him away quickly so she could get the scoop on her friend.

"So have you heard from the adoption agency?" She finally asked as soon as Krillin was out of earshot.

"Yes!" Launch gushed excitedly, "Isn't it great?! Imagine! Our own little girl! Tien is so excited! We'll know for sure in about two weeks, but an acquaintance on the inside told us its basically a done deal in our favor! Oh… I can't wait!"

"And just think, your ankles won't even have to swell."

"I'm sure I could take a pill for that," Launch nudged her friend with a slight smile on her face.

#18 blinked. Did Launch not only tell the joke, but get the joke as well? She turned and grabbed a small duffel bag that Krillin had brought from the car.

"Grab me a drink and meet me by that tree over there," #18 ordered with a smirk as she began to gracefully waddle towards her goal. She'd have to sit down before she fell down.

*****

She giggled and bounced as she ran, on her way to catch the Frisbee, which had once again been thrown too high for her to catch. Once she had tracked it down however, she not so discreetly fixed her bikini bottoms and threw the disk towards her waiting friend.

Mai stuck her tongue out as she concentrated on catching the spinning toy. She and Marron were having a good time so far, even though Zarbon continuously threw the Frisbee much too high for Marron to catch. Still, she wasn't about to say anything to stop it since it was important that the other woman got as much exercise as possible. While years of modeling had required toning, the now successful chain of aerobics studios the two had opened up a few years ago demanded it.

"Here it comes Pretty Boy," Mai mumbled to herself just before spinning the Frisbee towards Marron's boyfriend with a grunt. It always peeved her a little that he managed these types of things effortlessly. She ground her teeth together as she watched him jump up and snag the disk out of the air with a laugh, landing and spinning the saucer once again towards the yellow bikini clad Marron.

She supposed now was a good time to take a break.

The park was the largest one of its kind in the city, and it was full of other people playing outside games and just sitting around enjoying the weather in general. Mai combed her long, black hair with her fingers before wrapping it up in a clip that she'd had attached to her bikini top. She sidestepped several groups on her way towards the public picnic shelter were she would find the rest of her friends. Little did she know that she was being watched from the shade and safety of a nearby tree.

"Those girls sure do make bikinis look easy to wear," Captain Roshi observed with a half chuckle.

Kami gave Roshi a suspicious look as he resumed his conversation with Ox, who by this time had a generous plate of food set in front of him.

"Retirement isn't far off then?" Kami asked, tapping his wooden walking staff against his sandal-clad, green feet.

Without too much thought, Ox nodded as he chewed his potato salad.

"Speaking of retirement," Roshi commented quietly as his eyes stayed firmly glued to the Frisbee match, "have you given any thoughts about retirement, Kami?"

Governor Popo looked up from his own plate of food to give Roshi a curious glance.

"Ah," the Namek began, trying to find the right words to explain. "It's not exactly the type of thing you just retire from."

"Why? Bad pension?" Roshi stated absentmindedly with a half chuckle.

The trees rustled in the light breeze as everyone in the group quietly looked amongst themselves and then towards the white bearded Captain. In the distance, Marron squealed and giggled as Zarbon once again threw the Frisbee much too high.

"Oh, THAT!" Roshi finally exclaimed as his attention was once again brought back from the green, sunny lawn. Of course he knew what Kami's function was. He was one of the very select few people who did know. He blushed slightly as he looked around at the small group and attempted to change the focal point of the conversation to someone else. "Again, speaking of retirement, how's your un-retirement going there Briefs?"

"Yes, well," Dr. Briefs coughed as he finished scribbling something on his napkin. "She wanted some time with the baby. I don't mind at all, to be honest. I've even started some new ground breaking technological work."

Kami nodded.

"I don't suppose it would have something to do with aeronautics?" Popo prodded.

"Or maybe something that would require swimsuit models?" Roshi chimed in, his gaze once more directed elsewhere.

"I'm really not at liberty to say," Dr. Briefs began, clicking his pen nervously.

"One of those `if I told you I'd have to kill you' deals?" Popo asked this time with a wiggle of the brow.

"Maybe."

"What's that about killing squirrels?" Roshi questioned as he quickly twisted to look back at the aging doctor for an answer. He hadn't thought he was that type of doctor.

Ox's food stopped halfway to his mouth as Kami began choking on his ice water. Popo was quick to respond to his friend's distress with a few strong pats on the back. Dr. Briefs laughed nervously and wiped his forehead with an oily rag he'd forgotten was in his lab-coat pocket.

"What?" Roshi eyed the group suspiciously through his sunglasses. Was he the only one looking out for the squirrels? "What did I miss?"

"Try the boat," Kami mumbled as Popo quickly elbowed him politely.

"You know, what that girl is lacking is the proper technique. Perhaps she could profit with some well placed pointers." Roshi finally stated as he stood and dusted himself off. He trotted down the slight slope and jogged over to the pair with a sort of grace that belied his age, and the number of knees and elbows he had on his body.

"Well," Kami settled back on his elbows as he reclined in the short, cool grass, "this should be interesting."

*****

A drop of sweat rolled down the side of his hairless scalp as he wiped his hands on the front of his white, frilly, and very much borrowed apron. Although he expected it to be a demanding job, what with supplying the grub for so many people, he hadn't expected to find his help from so many walks of life. And luckily, the blonde to his right had come prepared.

"I've finished chopping some more onions for the hot dogs and burgers, Sweetie!" Mrs. Briefs announced to Tien and the others helping out at the grill pit. Choutzu gave her a thumbs up with a wink while #16 briefly glanced over his shoulder to flash her a wane smile as he stood over a huge, open flame grill.

"Something actually smells good over here," #17 stated as he approached the grill pit carrying two cases of rolls. "I hadn't realized you were all so domestic."

Piccolo, who was carrying an additional three cases behind him, made a face as he caught a whiff of the cooking meat. He grumbled to himself as he looked around at everyone getting ready to enjoy an afternoon hog-fest, realizing that even though he was one of the only ones who never touched the stuff, he was also one of the only ones who was always found wherever the food was.

"I see that Zarbie and Barbie decided to make an appearance this time around," #17 observed Zarbon and Marron playing their game after he finished unloading his duty for the day. He glanced around the large open grass area and grabbed a cold beer from Choutzu, who was the only one with enough foresight to offer him one.

"If we didn't have her," Piccolo's deep voice rumbled out behind him, "who would take the brunt of the jokes?"

#16 turned his head towards the pair as Jiisu strolled past the grill pit, dressed in a white button down and a pair of very tight short shorts, complete with his badminton racquet and a pair of white canvas shoes with black socks. Rikum was walking about five yards ahead of him, making faces as he listened to the shorter man's tirade about the last game's score.

"Well, I guess that answered that," Piccolo finally stated as #17 snickered.

"And just where is your young lady?" Mrs. Briefs asked #17 with a conspiratorial poke of her cooking tongs.

"Hello everyone," Mai's brisk greeting made its way around the grill pit, just in time to save #17 from a very long and drawn out break up story. #17 had about fifteen lady friends who shared him much like a tropical condo. He had just assumed that everyone knew it as well.

Everyone said their hellos while Mai picked up a pair of grilling forks and stood very close to #16, helping him grill and every now and then treating him to a quick hug. It wasn't long before they heard a new set of heavy footsteps make their way towards them and the crumbling and crunching of chips coming out of a bag.

"My my," Mrs. Briefs exclaimed as she clapped her hands together. "All that AND a bag of chips?"

"Hey, hey Mrs. B," Raditz greeted the smiling blonde woman.

"I suppose I should go and see if Chi Chi needs any help unloading the vehicle," Piccolo stated as he looked towards where his friends had parked. They were unloading their van and from the looks of it, Chi Chi had once again over packed for the occasion.

"Looks like the Saiyan brigade has arrived," Tien added with a smile, noticing that Bulma and Vegeta had also found their way to the park.

"I'd better get some grub while I still can," Choutzu stated, looking for the plates in a mild panic.

"Good idea," Raditz replied. "I can't possibly fill up on chips!"

*****

"Oh Gohan!" Chi Chi called to the small boy who was busily out playing catch with Piccolo in the bright warm sunshine of the park, "come over here and put on some sunscreen. Honestly! I can't have you burning to a crisp!" She deftly waddled over to the pair as Gohan shot an embarrassed pout at the tall, green Namek.

"Mom," Gohan whimpered a whisper as his mother smeared a solid streak of blue goo across his nose and cheeks. Didn't she not only realize that he was now eight years old but also able to defeat just about any elite warrior in the known universe? He could withstand just about any attack any of his father's friends threw at him. While he would admit that he was young, he was also able to hold his own with the big boys. And those big boys certainly could pack a wallop. If he could withstand one of Vegeta's intense ki blast attacks without frying up, he was quite certain he could take a few rays of ultraviolet light.

He wasn't completely helpless. But the way his mother treated him, he felt like a complete dork.

Satisfied with her handiwork, she waddled back towards the group sitting in the shade of a nearby tree, where they not only had very comfortable chairs set up, but also a large array of goodies.

"He sure has gotten big," #18 nodded towards Trunks, who was happily chewing on a frozen teething ring.

"Well, he'll be walking before we know it," Bulma stated proudly and very matter-of-factly.

"Have you given any thoughts to pre-schools yet?" Chi Chi questioned as she lowered herself slowly back down into her chair.

"Not really," Bulma shrugged.

"Then again, I'm quite sure that with his genes, he'll get into some kind of advanced program," Launch stated with a giggle, picking up the little boy and sweeping him into a tight hug. Trunks squealed and giggled, thrusting his stubby fingers into her thick hair.

"Either that or his other genes will simply blast his way in," #18 commented with a smile.

"I suppose that is something that I will have to consider," Bulma sighed as she watched her little boy giggling in Launch's arms. "But I think that's something I will let Vegeta worry about."

"Speaking of babies," Launch gushed, "have you decided what you're going to name yours?" She looked towards #18 and Chi Chi with a dreamy expression. Luckily, Chi Chi was the first to answer.

"We're going to call him Goten," Chi Chi nodded with a smug smile. "And he will be quite a little scholar."

"What about you #18?" Bulma asked when their other friend failed to answer right away.

"Believe it or not," #18 began as her gaze traveled around the park until she caught sight of the other blue hared woman in her circle of acquaintances, "I've picked out a name myself and I think Krillin agrees. I mean, it's a very pretty name," #18 began to babble as her friends looked around a little uncertainly. She was beginning to act a little strange from what they were used to.

"And the name?" Chi Chi prodded, beginning to get annoyed with the woman's obvious avoidance of the question.

"We're going to call her Marron."

*****

She yawned and stretched, padding her way down the long hallway that led to the master bedroom. It hadn't taken long to get little Trunks to fall asleep. It had definitely been a busy day for everyone, but a good day nonetheless. It wasn't often that they got to do things together as a family. Or rather, a fully functional one.

She closed the bedroom door and made a dive for the oversized and extremely plush bed, seeing that Vegeta was in the washroom and not hogging the covers. She stretched out luxuriously and yawned again, her hair spilling out across the sheets as she rolled twice before coming to a stop. She blinked several times, staring up at the stark ceiling before grabbing a pillow, covering her face, and screaming into it.

"You're not that hideous," a seductive voice mumbled from somewhere above her.

Bulma giggled as she felt him straddling her legs, sliding his cool hands over her stomach underneath her purple, satin pajamas.

"What's with this crap?" She heard him question, his sternness muffled by the pillow.

She wiggled around in her limited state of mobility while he proceeded to tickle her. The pillow muffled the giggles however, and he was beginning to get annoyed. One of the reasons he enjoyed torturing her this way was that he loved to see her with her cheeks all flushed and her breathing out of sorts. He loved to get her flustered any way he could and the big, puffy barrier between them was robbing him of his fun.

She felt him slow down momentarily as he moved his hands lower, tugging at her pajama bottoms. Using this as her opening, she flung the pillow out towards his head, only for it to be met with his hand and followed by his arrogant laughter.

"Is that all you have for me woman?" He laughed, leaning back slightly to watch her silently fume at him from below.

She narrowed her eyes slightly as she watched him throw back his head and laugh at her. And that's when she noticed what he was wearing.

"And what's with this crap?" She asked, trying to sound domineering, pointing out his attire for bedtime. A pair of loose sweatpants and a clean, white T-shirt.

"I was going to go jogging," he shrugged.

She pouted slightly and weakly kicked her legs, trying to push him off.

"Unless of course, you convince me to stay."

She looked up at him again, all traces of humor gone from his gaze. She reached out for him and grabbed the neck of his shirt, pulling him down to her level forcefully. Kissing his nose lightly as he hovered over her, she placed her other hand around his neck, and when he made no move to go, she wound her other arm around him, pulling him down for a proper kiss.

"I thought I already did convince you," she murmured against his lips, flattening her hands on his back and beginning to pull his shirt up ever so slowly.

He watched her blue eyes smile as he felt her delicate fingertips touch him. His lip curled up in a smirk as he thought about the way she made him feel. He was so in love with her, he couldn't stand it.

"That you did woman," he breathed against her lips, nipping her lightly. "That you did."

*****

THE END

I hope that you all enjoyed it, and had fun along the way. I certainly did. And I hope you found that a fitting end. If you'd like to leave a comment, that would be good too, since I have never had any feedback on this chapter. In the meantime, I am off to go work on my other story. Take care everyone.

-RM