Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Infinity ❯ Chapter Six: Banana Pancakes ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dragonball Infinity

Chapter Six: Banana Pancakes

*-*-*

Gokuu woke up slowly, her head feeling especially heavy, and chock full of balls of cotton. Everything was indistinct and hazy. If she were to lift up her head, she knew that she'd be dizzy for the next few minutes. She almost felt as if she was waking up from a long time of being ill, however, she wasn't stuck with the bad aftertaste of an illness. Rather her whole form fell newly constructed, and clean - purified.

Encased in her bubble of awakening senses, she first heard the light pattering of rain waiting for her outside. Not that she could have afforded to go out for some training today. The new house that she had retrieved from Bulma to replace her old home – ruined due to her time away off-world – was still being moved into, and it had gotten slightly dusty from her stay in the game.

Thus there was no reason to go outside to train. Son Gokuu wasn't that fond of rain anyway - she preferred hot summer days to any type of cold. Maybe later the rain would go away, and she could go out for a breather, but for that current moment in her life, she wanted to sleep ... just a bit longer.

She was just so tired, and felt so incredibly comfortable laying there.

The rain might stop when she next opened her eyes after all, and then perhaps the warm, fuzzed out sensations that she was experiencing would have faded by then too. Heavy, her eyes dropped back down to rest her eyelashes on her cheeks, taking a deep breath to sigh.

However, while she continued to laze there, she could feel her body try to wake her up despite the rain and the nice feeling of being able to sleep in after so many long years of fighting and training. Those years spent running to King Kai's place, training on the spaceship headed for Namek, and those days on Yardrat ... she had never really had any time to just be lazy.

And don't you know it, but even now I can't get into the habit of just relaxing, she thought with weary irritation.

She yawned widely, but still didn't budge from her position, wanting to wait out the drowsy lazing feelings. Gokuu wanted to let her whole body awaken before she would let herself get up. There truly didn't seem to be any reason to wake up just yet after all: she was not yet hungry, she didn't have to use the bathroom in any way, and there were no real immediate chores for her to do.

Next - after her sense of hearing came into being - she felt air stir slowly next to her head. It brushed over the back of her neck, disturbing a few strands of her black unruly hair, but she wasn't so bothered by it, and so just reveled in it. Gokuu briefly wondered if she might have left the window open or turned a fan on some time in the night, but couldn't remember any of those things happening. The air was much to warm to be coming from outside or a fan. In fact, it was rather hot, and almost uncomfortable, but she rather liked it there.

So the air was left to touch her neck and ruffle a bit of her hair to create soft tingles down her neck.

Gradually, she became aware that her tail was wrapped around something. She thought about unraveling her tail, but decided against it as that would merit movement on her part, and she had yet to desire waking up. Instead, she studied what her tail was wound about, not bothering to turn over or move her head to look.

Whatever it was appeared to be thin - like a bar or rod - but more supple and willowy. Also, it seemed to be just as wrapped around her tail as her tail was wrapped around it.

Maybe I should check that out ... And the rain fell down harder, so the thought escaped her, bringing her attention to the rain drumming against her window.

Her eyes creaked open slowly and carefully as if the hinges were old and worn, and they might fall apart if handled wrongly. Gokuu half glared out at the rain. Sometimes, she liked to look at the rain, but she would soon become bored because she was unable to go outside to enjoy the sun which the clouds were covering.

A deep exhalation of breath, and she closed her eyes, smiling gently as she felt nice, warm, and safe from the rain right where she was.

She sighed again, and then her brows furrowed lightly. There was an odd fragrance in the room, and she tried to recall from where and when she had smelled it before. Tremors buried themselves in her gut, stopping to swarm her stomach, and Gokuu took another deep breath to find the source. It came from very near by – rather it appeared to enfold her totally in the scent.

Groaning softly as she kept smelling it, she finally began to stir in her bed, stretching as she wallowed in the swamp of aroma. Gokuu turned over in the bed, upon noticing that it was stronger on that side of the bed. Her eyes fluttered open, and her breath caught in her throat.

Vegeta kept his gaze steady with hers, and she squirmed uneasily in his arms. It was no wonder that she felt so comfortable - his arms were clasped around her. She was surprised that she hadn't even felt them and the heat the bare arms and chest provided for her. Momentarily, she wondered what it would feel like if she had forgone the shirt last night, and went nude. How hot would his naked skin feel against hers?

He spoke first, "How long have you been awake?"

"A while ... I don't know," she whispered. "You hungry yet?"

Opening his mouth before pausing, Vegeta seemed to study her before he answered, "You can cook, right?"

"Course I can," she smiled slightly, "I don't think I'd be alive right now if I didn’t have some skill with it."

He grunted deeply, and she had felt it in his chest which was pressed tightly to her own. She attempted to extract her tail from whatever it was wrapped around, but discovered that she couldn't. Looking under the sheets, she saw that her tail was twisted around Vegeta's in a complex manner, and his tail didn't seem to want to let go.

When she tried to pull their tails apart by hand, Vegeta grabbed her wrists, "What are you doing?"

"I thought you were hungry."

"Not yet," and it sounded as if there had been some pleading in those simple words, so she gazed up at him to gauge his face. However, it was just as impassive as ever.

Confused, she said, "But-"

"No," he insisted. "Don't go."

"Vegeta-kun," she said, beginning to pull back her wrists which he refused to release, "could you possibly ... maybe ... let go?"

"Let go of what?" Vegeta started to lean towards her, and Gokuu stomach tried leaping up her esophagus. As of yet, his eyes would not break away from hers, and she visibly flinched when she felt his breath hit her temple.

"My ... my tail ... my hands. Let go ..." she said, unable to get rid of the beginning of panic in her voice. He can’t want to kill me, can he …? He’s too calm about it!

His mien - from the overbearing stare in his eyes to his set lips - terrified her for no particular reason, and she could not understand why. She had seen the same intensity before during their first battle on Chikyuu. That same fervor had been there when he was dying on Namek - when he begged for her to kill Freeza - and again it had briefly reared its head during their spar the night before. Those types of avidity, she could easily understand. His want and need for her to kill the beast that had haunted him so, the ferociousness of the fight ...

That was easy to understand.

This, however, was totally new to Gokuu. She couldn't comprehend the reasoning behind his desire to hold onto her and keep her constrained against his hard chest. The only thing she could think of was that he wanted to crush her – completely and with little effort. Son Gokuu could envision herself as she had been almost four years before when she had been at the mercy of an Oozaru who was the same man constraining her just then.

He said against her forehead, "Calm down. I'm not hurting you. Besides, you don't need to get up, do you?" There was that certain edge of pleading again, and she tilted her head up to stare at his eyes which looked like they were ready to beg. "We can stay right here ..." he said softly, her bangs waving from his hot breath which, she realized, must have been that hot air on her neck only moments before, "We don't need to get up yet. Besides, there's nothing for us to do out in the rain."

"Vegeta-kun, please, let go."

He scowled, "What's wrong with you? I'm not hurting you at all."

"I just ... please, Vegeta!" She started to struggle against him, loosening one wrist from his grasp.

His currently free hand then shot forward, grabbing the back of her head, and pressed her tighter to his chest, "Stop this foolishness! I'm not going to hurt you!"

"Vegeta, stop it! I - I don't ..." she gazed up at him, trying to abstain from lashing out, and breaking his neck, "You're scaring me. I don't get it!" Gokuu's heart hammered violently in her ribcage, rattling almost hard enough to burst out.

With a jerk, he shoved her down into the bed, climbing over her to keep her held down, "What are you talking about? What's there not to understand?"

"You!" She almost felt like shrieking, "You're not acting like yourself ..." Gokuu nearly sobbed with the sudden thought that overtook her senses, "You're not Vegeta-kun ..."

His eyes widened, and lost the unfamiliar zeal, dying away to shock, "What ...?"

Nevertheless, she couldn't try to start trusting him again. Using his surprise to her advantage, Gokuu tore herself away from him, his tail being numbed enough that her own tail came loose with ease as she jumped out of bed, and ran from the room.

"Ka ... Kakarotto! Where ...?" She heard him growl something low before he stormed out of the room.

Feeling slightly safer pacing the kitchen floor, and thus out of his arms, she watched his eyes and lips twitch in aggravation. There. That was her Vegeta – the Vegeta that she knew. Not that stranger that had slept beside her all night.

Gokuu smiled in slight relief when he snarled, and stalked toward her, "Fine! I get it! You're just some temptress trying to put me off as a rapist!"

"... Huh?"

"Grah! You decide now to act stupid and innocent?"

The phone rang.

Confused, Gokuu turned to glance at the phone, Who'd be calling at this time? Starting to walk to it, her hand was grabbed by Vegeta.

"Don't you dare. I'm talking to you."

"But the phone's ringing ..."

"And you need to talk to me. You're the one acting strangely about all of this," that begging look returned in a small amount to his words, "Why won't you tell me something that makes sense for a change? I thought you said you liked me being rough. You liked the instincts thing."

Instincts ...? Is he talking about how our tails make us want to make babies? That repro ... reprobates ... repercussion ... "I ... I do like that, but that ... that wasn't it. I don't like what you were just doing ..."

He growled loudly, "Then, I guess I'm the one that doesn't understand ..."

"... Can I answer the phone now?" She moved closer to the phone, but his grip on her tightened.

"No! What didn't you like about it?"

Stretching for the phone, she pulled it off the hook, and answered it, "Hello?"

"Hi, Gokuu-chan," Kuririn said from the other side of the line.

"Damn it, Kakarotto! I'm still talking to you!"

"Gokuu-chan? What's going on over there?"

She frowned at Vegeta, "Sorry, Kuririn, I think I might have to call you back."

"Gokuu, are you okay? Is Vegeta trying to hurt you?"

"I ... don't think so," she said into the phone, watching as the Prince of all Saiyajin fumed, and then smiled blissfully at the sight of Vegeta back to his usual self.

"Kakarotto, if you don't get off that thing right now and talk to me, I won't be responsible for my actions. Get ... off ..."

She smiled at him as she said to Kuririn, "At least, he's getting back to normal. He was acting really weird this morning when I woke up. I don't think that he's a morning person."

"You keep forgetting something, Kakarotto," he sneered, "I'm a Super Saiyajin too, now, and I'm the only one that stands a real chance of breaking your face."

"... You want to spar?"

"No!"

Kuririn murmured, "Uh, Gokuu, if you need any help, we'll be right over."

"I know, but I think I can handle him now ... the other one I couldn't."

"'Other one?'" A new voice came on, and Gokuu smiled.

"Tenshinhan? Are you guys on speakerphone?"

"Kakarotto, get off!"

"Uh, yeah, we are," Yamucha's nervous voice was heard next.

Balancing the phone between her ear and shoulder, she put her free hand into his face, "Sorry, guys, just a minute. Ha!" An energy blast to his face caused Vegeta to let her go, and she held the phone to her other ear, switching, with the newly released hand, "Okay, so what's up?"

"Did you just hit Vegeta with an energy ball?" Kuririn asked.

"Yeah."

Yamucha laughed, "In your own house too!"

She opened her mouth to respond to that, but then her mouth just remained open, gaping at Vegeta as he abruptly thrummed with power - the strands of his hair flickering from black to gold, and back and forth like that with his eyes which turned into a sharp teal. Gokuu breathed out, quietly awed after both new colors were solid on his figure, "Oh, wow ... You're gold ..."

There was a long, collective pause from both of the parties present - whether present on the other side of the world or not.

"What?" Kuririn finally asked with a flat voice. "You okay there?"

"Yeah," she said faintly. "Talk to you guys later."

"Huh? Wha-?" She hung up the phone.

He smirked, "Now that's more like it. See, Kakarotto? It'll just be easier for you in the long run to give in to the might of a true Super Saiyajin warrior!"

"Yeah, okay, can we spar now?" Without her consent, she felt her tail begin to wag in excitement.

"What ...?" He shook his head, "No! That's out of the question! We still need to talk."

"Pretty please?" She burst into her own silver form of Super Saiyajin, her red eyes looking deeply into the robin blue eyes of Vegeta.

"I ... uh ... maybe?"

Gokuu's face broke into a bright smile, "Great! Let's go!"

As she yanked him outside, Vegeta shouted, "Damn it, Kakarotto! It's still raining!"

*-*-*

Jack Johnson owns this song, and it's a rather ... catchy tune. I like it ... a lot. XP The fact that it's banana pancakes makes it even better for our little monkey lovers.

From FanFiction:

Lauryn: Thank you! ... ^^ And I could so do Vegeta as a chick ... only, I might have to change Bulma into a dude at the same time because that's never been seen before.

mpvssj5: Thanks for the review!

Karen: Thanks for both of your reviews!

Mermaid Ninja: Here's some more.

Crimson-Flamed river: You really think so? Thank you very much!

From MediaMiner:

Mermaid Ninja: XP You again! And this is partly why I was inspired to keep writing this. Thank you very much!

malimillions: ^^ Hey! You decided to check this story out too! ... Is that supposed to be a good thing? O.o?

Ja mata!

*-*-*