Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Infinity ❯ Chapter Fourteen: Sands of Time ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dragonball Infinity

Chapter Fourteen: Sands of Time

*-*-*

Her lips pursed thoughtfully, and she looked down at her belly, framing it with her hands as she did. For a while, she did nothing - only stared at the hard abs peeking through her gi. Gokuu shrugged, I don't know.

Vegeta scowled, his eyes flattening, You don't know.

She nodded, and, smiling softly, leaned in closer to the glass, So ... you don't mind if I'm pregnant or not?

Of course, I mind! It would be my brat too! He turned his nose up a little at her, smirking behind the breathing apparatus, As if I'd let you take care of my heir ... you'd spoil him.

What if she is a girl?

... Ridiculous, he looked away from her, and Gokuu thought his scowl appeared as a pout.

Smiling lightly, she watched him silently a while longer before she knelt before the tank, ... Vegeta-kun, tell me why you left, his left eyebrow twitched

That's none of your concern, Kakarotto.

It is when you left me worried sick about you. I could be pregnant for all you know, and you left me! Her eyes shone brightly in the light of the medical bay, and she bit her lip to stop herself from shouting at him anymore.

He scowled around the thing on his face, And now I'm here ... so stop your blubbering, I'm ... here.

And what's that supposed to mean to me, Vegeta? What in that is supposed to make me think that you will be here in the future? I need ... Vegeta, I need you around. I can't explain it very well, but I need you. It hurt so much when I couldn't find you. When I thought you had died!

She practically heard him snarl in the telepathy, Why do you always have to ask these things of me? What more am I supposed to say to you when I've already expressed myself to my limits? I'm here. I want to ... you're going to carry all of my brats, and I'll-

Gokuu felt the pull of her lips into a small smile as he kept on rambling, and then jumped in surprise when someone ran into the room, "Vegeta-sama! We found something! It's extraordinary!"

He stopped short, and looked down at her from his height, blinking in a bit of confusion. She smiled, and waved up at him, "Hi, I'm Son Gokuu. What's your name?"

"Ah ... Kakarotto, you're awake now. I wasn't expecting that ..." he bowed to her, while waving his cape behind himself, "I am Paragus, King Vegeta's advisor - and as such, I am also at your own disposal, my queen."

Her face broke out into a smile, and she tapped on Vegeta's tank, Hey, Vegeta! He thinks I'm a queen! ... Vegeta?

Vegeta – simply put – did not look happy, That imbecile! We're not completely bonded yet, and no ceremony was made. How dare he assume that I took you as mine!

"... Hey, I don't think Vegeta likes you calling me a queen."

He smirked, "Ah, I see. Then, perhaps, Brolli, Turles, and I could prepare an appropriate wedding ceremony for yourself and King Vegeta."

Wedding ceremony? I think Chichi and Bulma said something about that ... Gokuu looked at Vegeta again who was still aggravated, "Uh, I don't think he wants that either."

Frowning softly, Paragus said, "Then we'll talk with him at length about it later. It would not do for his mate to not be given a proper title."

"Uh ... right," Gokuu said, her eyes still on Vegeta before she looked up at Paragus, "Who's King Vegeta? And why am I his mate?"

Paragus laughed, and pointed at Vegeta, "There's your king right there."

"No, he's a prince," she told him with a smile.

"However, now that's he's back with his people, he must be in a position to lead us. As a prince, he doesn't hold that much weight, but as our proud king, we shall obey him without question!"

"Oh ..." she brightened after, her tail starting to wag at the prospect of something fun, "So what'd you find?"

"Ah, yes ... well, I think that we should wait for King Vegeta to heal entirely."

*-*-*

Gokuu followed the male Saiyajin down onto the planet, fiddling with the clear gas mask around her face. Vegeta snapped at her again, looking back at her from the near-to lead from behind Paragus who was taking them to whatever was so interesting, "Stop playing with it, Kakarotto. It's helping you breathe on this rock."

"It just feels funny. I'm not going to take it off," she said, but dropped her hands anyway as she jogged up to him to try catching up, and then tripped over a rock that shifted in front of her foot, "Ah!"

The male caught her arm, hauling her back onto her feet, "Be careful, you clumsy thing ... The rocks aren't going to stop moving any time soon, so just watch where you're walking." He didn't let go of her arm until she was walking beside him for a few moments, and was absolutely sure that she was paying attention to her surroundings. Gokuu frowned up at him, not liking the fact that he was treating her like some child, Silly, little thing, if you don’t stop tripping over yourself here, and you are pregnant, you might lose it!

She sobered quickly, feeling a bit lost at the thought of such a thing happening. "Hey, Vegeta?"

"What?"

"Why's the ground moving anyway? And why's the sky so dark even though it's daytime ...? Or is it daytime? I mean, I think that's a sun ..."

He grunted, "I always forget about how primitive Chikyuu is compared to us, Kakarotto. This is a developing planet. Normally, there shouldn't be an atmosphere at this stage of its development, but whatever technology was used to construct this planet into being is a marvel compared to what Freeza has been using. Those planets will take at least over fifteen thousand years before an atmosphere shows up, but according to the records, this one only took three thousand years. Two thousand and fifty actually, but ..." Vegeta trailed off after looking at her blank face.

Scratching the back of her head, Gokuu said with a nervous laugh, "I lost you after you said my name."

Grumbling, Vegeta began over again after a slight pause in thought, "See those asteroids out there?" He pointed into the black sky, "That's what’s left of the asteroid belt that used to be in this solar system.”

"Uh, okay ..."

“Most of the time though, people would only do this with the rubble of a planet someone purged and destroyed. After a planet was destroyed, someone would put a machine where the planet used to have its natural axis. This machine used gravity to attract the asteroids and gases around it into a ball, okay? That's why there are so many of those asteroids impacting against the planet."

"Oh ... So after you destroyed a planet, you'd do the same thing? Put that machine in the planet's place?"

He looked away, "Actually, no. I destroyed the planet, and then told a team that specializes in that sort of thing."

She smiled softly, and deftly changed the subject, walking closer beside him, "So why can I see the stars and the sun at the same time?"

"It's the atmosphere," she frowned in confusion, and he corrected himself, "the air, Kakarotto. There's not enough air, and so there's almost nothing to reflect a sky against. In fact, it's very unsafe for us to be out here." And I only let you out here because you whined so much about it. If you really are pregnant, I'm blaming you if the kid's mutated or worse.

"... Wow, Vegeta, you're really getting overprotective, huh?"

"Hm ..." he smirked after he glanced up at Paragus, waiting until it seemed he wasn’t paying them any mind, and then drew her waist up against his briefly, placing his palm on her rump and his fingers slipped between her legs, You know how much I wanted to bend you over in the medical bay?

Feeling her body heat up, her cheeks flushed when she felt his nose touch against her cheek, Be - bend me over?

"Here, Vegeta-sama," Gokuu's head snapped over to Paragus who had just spoken, and she felt Vegeta's wayward hand draw away from her.

Vegeta scowled down at the hole in the shifting ground, "Awfully dangerous, don't you think? Wouldn't anything down there be crushed into nothing by now?"

"There's a hollow asteroid below, and so far," he began, "it seems that it's holding up to this environment. What we found was inside. It would have burned away to nothing on the way down if it wasn't. I'm surprised it survived the fall even inside of the asteroid actually."

"Let's go then!" Gokuu jumped in, ignoring Vegeta's surprised shout of her Saiyajin name.

Kakarotto! It's not safe for you! She heard him shout into her mind, You don't know what's down there.

Seems that you don't either, she smiled, and stepped closer to the two men who had turned to stare at her when she had entered inside of the ... asteroid was it called? Tilting her head to the side, she spotted something sitting past them - against what might have been called the 'wall' of the large space that was inside the asteroid. As she came closer to them and the object resting against the wall became clearer, Vegeta landed in the place where she had just been.

"Damn it, you always have to jump into everything, don't you?"

"How else am I supposed to live?" She was then walking around the two strange men, crouching down to get a closer look at the skeleton. "... You guys found a dead guy?"

"Not just any dead guy," someone chuckled, and she looked back over her shoulder at the shorter of the two strangers. For a moment, she stared at him in slight disbelief - his hair looked almost exactly like her own! "That's a bona fide Saiyajin dead guy."

"Really?"

"That's impossible," Vegeta grunted, coming over to peer at the skeleton. "It'd take over five millennia for a corpse's flesh to completely decompose in the vacuum of space. If the information on this sector is true, then the earliest people to have even come near this dump was only about two or three thousand years ago."

"It clearly has a Saiyajin skeletal structure; the tail bone is actually a bit longer than usual, but according to some studies that was normal for Saiyajin of that time period."

Gokuu watched her prince stiffen slightly before he asked him, "What time period?"

The man smirked, "About three thousand years ago." He looked over at Gokuu, and smiled, "Heard that you don't remember anything about us, so let me give you a little history lesson. Three thousand years ago was when the Legendary Super Saiyajin lived."

"You mean the guy that's related to Vegeta-kun?"

"Ah, it appears that Vegeta-sama has been educating you. Perhaps you know a few words of Saiyago as well?"

“‘Saiyago’ ...?”

He clicked his tongue, shaking his head at Vegeta, "Just what have you been doing with this young lady? ... Ah, stupid question, right?" He directed his gaze back toward the Saiyajin girl, "So, do you think that this dead dude is willing to tell us something about himself?"

A smile lit up her face, "You mean he can talk?"

Laughing, he said, "No, Kakarotto, but I can poke at his remains. And I bet that he's got a lot of stuff with him that can tell us some things."

"Really? What kind of things?"

He grinned, a row of fangs glinting in the lamp’s light – all the while looking as if he were telling her a ghost story, "Like why a three thousand year old Saiyajin skeleton is in a sector that no one's been in for two thousand years. And why this skeleton shows signs of an ancient curse."

Her eyes widened, and she leaned toward him, "He's cursed?"

"No, he cursed someone else, or rather – from the multitude of markings on the bones – he cursed a lot of people ..." he suddenly frowned in concern, and grabbed the skeleton's skull, tilting it closer to look at a particularly nasty indent in the forehead.

Paragus asked, "Turles, what is it?"

"... Let's bring him into the ship now."

"Turles, tell-"

"Hurry up!" The Saiyajin male stood up abruptly, and then picked up the whole heap of bones – every bone on the skeleton thankfully staying in place as he started for the exit of the asteroid.

The other males looked agitated due to his rudeness, and Gokuu was about to follow them out, but something on the ground attracted her attention. She picked it up to stash it in between the sash of her gi and her stomach, and then tightened her sash so that it would not fall out as she quickly caught up with them.

She was a few steps out of the asteroid and walking on the moving surface of the planet when she felt it. The feeling crept up along her spine first, and then rebounded through the air as if a weight flew away from her shoulders. Looking back, Gokuu saw the energy spikes in the air. Both were deep blues, and she could feel the happiness radiating off of the swirling masses. One of the indistinct shapes looked as if it were chasing the other through the sky atop clouds that were non-existent.

As the dark energies danced around each other, Gokuu thought that she could feel two other energies whorl along with the larger two. They were smaller in strength and power, and appeared to be joined - to the hip - of the energy signal that was so playfully being chased through the air.

"Vegeta, what's ...?"

He had stopped walking as well to gaze at the spectacle, "... You know there's no such thing as ghosts, right?"

"Huh ...? Well, yeah ... everybody's soul goes to see King Yama after they die."

"For some planets, there was no concept of ghosts, and instead thought that their energy remained. After someone died, their energy would come back and do things that the deceased had done while still alive, and the energy would 'relive' moments of high emotions," he murmured. “High emotions like horror, madness, or even elation.”

Gokuu started walking again, smiling when he walked beside her, "Do you think that a part of my energy will stay and play with yours?"

"It's definitely a possibility ..."

With a wider grin, she changed tactics to get the response she really wanted, "Do you think our energy will make love to each other too?"

His eyes shot to glance over at her before looking straight ahead again, and he said to her after she thought that she saw some blood rush to his face, "I hope so."

*-*-*

Edguy owns this ... XP yet another song that I have never heard before, but then I changed the song for this chapter quite a few times too ...

Wow, it's been a while since I last updated ... ^^;;; Sorry! I went braindead. I usually do this when I get excited about future events of the stories.

... XP Or when I get busy and stressed at the same time. I'm doing this temp service thing right now, so I've been going out and working/getting lost. I'm serious. Half of my time out on the job, I'm getting lost on the drive there ... XP So if I never update again, just assume that I got lost for good, okay? Please come find me.

... Um ... yeah ...

From FanFiction:

Kohaku Hoshi: Give me back my sock! ... I mean ... yeah! Gimme my sock!

Ja mata!

*-*-*