Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Z Lives On: The Frozena Saga ❯ Chapter 9, Part I ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9, Part I

Free the dream within

The voices calling, a song

A prayer from deep inside you

To guide you

Be the dream within

The light is shining

A flame on the wind

Salvation begins

Look beyond where hearts can see

Dream in peace

Trust, love, believe

- From "The Dream Within"

Final Fantasy Soundtrack

The dreams began a few days after Gohan's visit. They were just like before, scenes of Shizen life and their people, ending with a quick peek at the baby. But now there was a new element as well. A woman hiding behind a waterfall that made no sound, enabling him to hear her crying.

Piccolo was beginning to become frustrated. Having a week of interrupted sleep was beginning to toll on him. Why was the Earth still sending him these dreams? What was the point? Kyloa was gone, he had failed. He had become so irritable that even Byrn was avoiding him, disappearing for days at a time to visit the other dragons.

After one particularly strong dream that left him with a pounding headache, he went to the river to splash his face with water. But before he could place his hands in the water, the ground under him began to shake, knocking him off balance. The river began to roil wildly and then bubble and steam, as if it was boiling.

"What the hell?" cried Piccolo. What else could go wrong?

A voice filled his head, loud and resounding and very furious. It didn't sound like the Earth at all, it was so different.

"I am nearly as old as Time itself, Piccolo. Over that time, I have learned to be remarkably patient. But she is hurting and I find myself becoming rather impatient."

Piccolo blinked, not sure what to think of that statement. All at once, he became angry. "Your clues are pretty vague, you know. Besides, why do I still need to solve them? Didn't I fail the first part of the mission?" Then he noticed something. "She is hurting? Who is she?"

There was a peculiar sound in his mind, as if the Earth was sighing, for what reason he didn't know.

"Look into the water Piccolo. That should answer your question."

Puzzled, frustrated, angry, and tired, Piccolo looked into the river, which had become calm again. And what he saw completely woke him up. It was Kyloa, hiding behind the waterfall where she lived. She was sleeping but even in sleep Piccolo could tell she didn't look so well. Her skin was pale and her face looked puffy, as if she had been doing a lot of crying. Was the Earth saying she was alive again?

"Are you trying to tell me she's alive?" asked Piccolo, not quite believing it.

"Look into the water again, Piccolo. That should explain all."

Like water slipping through a sieve, Piccolo felt the Earth's presence leave his mind. He looked into the river again as the Earth told him to and this time he saw the baby again. He watched closely as the blanket it was wrapped in shifted and he finally got a good look at the infant within its folds. The baby was green. And it had a blood red tattoo on his forehead. Piccolo felt like a light bulb had gone off in his head. Looking at this baby, Piccolo knew what his destiny was. And he also knew, with an uncanny certainty, that Kyloa was alive.

Piccolo rocked back on his heels. Kyloa was alive. Why was she hiding from everyone? More to the point, why was she hiding from him? The real question now was, what was he going to do about it?

And then Piccolo realized that there was only one thing left for him to do. He had to go see Kyloa.

Author: Now you know what Piccolo's dreams meant. The baby was basically a dream symbol to represent the rebirth of the Shizen people. In the next chapter will be the confrontation between Piccolo and Kyloa. Wonder how that will go . . .