Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Reflections ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, or any of its characters - that privilege is Akira Toriyama's.
I'm just grateful he lets us borrow his wonderful creations from time to time.
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
I have no idea where this came from. I was watching movie 8 of all things when it leapt on me.
I suppose that yet again, I was struck by how incredibly beautiful Goku was - and what a loss to the world it was when this magnificent hero died - and to one person in particular…
 
Reflections
 
It's another day.
 
I hate this part.
 
The part when I open my eyes, and everything comes into focus, and I lose the oblivion of sleep.
 
It's another day when I wake up and there's no heavy arm slung across me.
Another day when I wake up and the emptiness next to me screams at me.
Of course, I often woke up alone back then - but his presence was there to comfort me - no one that vital can get away without leaving something of themselves behind.
 
Now even that has faded.
 
Another day I have to face and get through… somehow.
 
We wanted to grow old together - that's been taken away from us
What makes it so unbearable is that he's the one who took it..
As usual, he was thinking of Chikyuu and her inhabitants rather than us - they needed him, I know that, but so do I
Does he even realise how much I need him? How much I love him?
I suppose not. It's not like I showed him that often.
Neither of us did - it was something we took for granted. We breathed, we loved each other. No point dwelling on it. The were always other things to attend to. Meals needed to be cooked, laundry to be cleaned, the planet needed to be saved. The usual stuff.
 
 
It's on days like this that everything is too much bother - odd, those words from me. I thrived on bother before.
 
 
Even Vegeta had the fight knocked out of him. If his rival - his Saiya-jin rival can't cope, how am I expected to?
 
My stomach lurches, and I can feel the little foot pressing against me - eager to get out and enjoy this world.
I'll make him into a son Goku-sa would be proud of.
 
It's all I can do.