Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Rough Road To Happiness ❯ The Realization ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I'm really really sorry for the lack of updates. I promise next time I will not take as long to update!

Disclaimer: I don't own or claim anything

~Chapter 7~

The black haired woman was about to answer when she suddenly realized that she didn't know. ~Omigosh! What IS my name?~ she thought frantically.

"Is something wrong?" Madeline asked.

"I-I can't remember," the girl whispered.

"Can't remember what dear?"

"My name… I can't remember anything!" she practically shouted.

"It's ok, calm down and I will go get a doctor." Madeline got up and rushed out of the room.

~Who am I? How did I get here?~ the girl wondered, tears threatening to fall. The door opened and a doctor rushed in with Madeline right behind him. He examined her for a bit.

"How are you feeling? Any pain anywhere?" The doctor asked.

"No! I feel fine! I just want to know what I can't remember anything!" she yelled. He sighed.

"I thought that this might happen. You hit your head pretty badly and well, it seems you have a bad case of amnesia. You don't remember anything at all from before, how you got here and everything?"

"No, I don't remember a single damn thing, not even my name! When am I going to get my memory back?"

"To be honest, I don't know. It could be days, it could be months, even years. There's also a possibility that you will never get it back. We're just going to have to see." The information slowly seeped in and she was shocked.

"Oh dear, we'll help you through this. In the meantime, you're welcome to stay with me and my family until you get your memory back," Madeline comforted her.

The girl managed a weak smile. "Thank you," she whispered before sleep overcame her.

*************

The following days, Madeline came to visit the girl as she was healing. They didn't know what her name was so they decided to call her Kanita. Madeline would bring her little "get well" gifts until Kanita was completely recovered, except for her memory. She kept on hoping that it would just come back but it never did. The doctor had said that in many cases of amnesia, people never got their memory back unless something or someone triggered it. Kanita was losing hope. She didn't even know where she had come from so how could she know where to look to find something that could trigger her memory? But also in her time of need, Madeline was there to help her. She let her stay in her house with where she met Madeline's son, Takishi. They became instant friends, even he and Madeline were very surprised at how much Kanita could eat. She almost ate more than the two of them put together! The shocked looks on their faces were one to remember. Kanita also had a tiny inkling that Takishi had developed a little crush on her. Every time she would talk to him, he would blush like crazy and look at his feet. Not to say, he wasn't a great guy, in fact he was. Being tall dark and handsome, with light blue eyes, he was quite a catch, and also really nice and smart too. Kanita couldn't put her finger on it but she would always have these images of a different pair of blue eyes every time she looked at Takishi. The blue eyes she would imagine would seem so familiar to her, like she almost knows them well. Maybe it was memory of someone she knew before? She hoped it was. It might mean she could get back some memories of her past.

Sure, her life at Madeline's was really great and she was grateful for such a good family willing to take her in, in her time of need where she had no where else to go, but she really wished she knew where her home was so she could go back to see if her memory would come back.

************

Trunks was a mess. He had searched endlessly for days for Pan and came up empty handed over and over again. He had also tried reaching her through their bond but found his way blocked. She wouldn't deliberately block him out, so the only other option was she unconsciously does it without knowing. But why wouldn't she come back to him? He knew she wasn't dead, otherwise he would be too. She knew her way to Capsule. Was she deliberately trying to stay away from him? But why? Had he done something really wrong to make her stay from him? How could she though? It was extremely hard to stay away from one's bonded mates. Trunks would know. The days he had went without her were pure torture, even worse than when the androids were killing everyone but he knew of only one thing right now, he had to find Pan.

*************

Bulma was really worried about her son. He had been moping around for days. He would come home very late at night after he woke up at dawn to go look for Pan. Sometimes he wouldn't even come home and stay out all night looking for her. Not only was Bulma worried about Pan, but she was also worried about her son and his health. She knew he was going through a really rough time and was trying the best she could do to help ease his pain but Bulma knew she would never understand the pain that her son was going through from not having his mate because she and Vegeta never really bonded. What they really had was more of a one night stand before he left to go train to fight the androids and got killed. That didn't mean she wasn't extremely sad when he had died. She did, after all, love him.

************

Kanita was in deep thought. One thing she had noticed during her stay at Madeline's was that she was quite different. Not only did she eat twice as much as everyone, but was extremely confused about the strength she had. That morning, she had playfully punched Takishi in the arm and had accidentally broken it. He had to be taken to the hospital for a cast. ~ I don't understand why I'm so different from everyone else. All of Takishi's friends think I'm some sort of a freak. Does it have anything to do with my past?~ She wondered when there was a knock on her door. "Come in!" Kanita shouted.

"Hi. I was just wondering if there was anything you needed? Are you feeling better?" Madeline asked.

"Oh Madeline, I feel so bad for breaking Takishi's arm. I really didn't mean to. I didn't even think I put that much force behind it!" Kanita eyes started to water.

"Dear, it's alright. I know you didn't mean to do it. Hey, things happen! But at least you now know that maybe in your past, you worked out a lot and became really strong. It could be another clue to help you piece some of your past together." Madeline smiled.

Kanita smiled and wiped her tears away. "I guess you're right."

A/N: There's another chapter! I hope you all like. And once again, I'm very sorry for the lack of updating. Please review. Syonara!