Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing Her Soul ❯ Leaving ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey sorry about not updating. I've been to busy to but now I am! First, I want to thank all of those people who reviewed.

Thanks to: KittenAngel1403, GohansChica, Farhan, lyndsey, v son saiyan, cocoabear, Good Kitty, DuCksRVeRykOoL, ann, trunksvegetafrodo, o Mighty Mouse o, Pan Briefs, Crystal, young-n-hopeless, and Anonymous. Sorry if I missed anyone!

To Lion of August: First off, thanks for the review and also thanks for the suggestions. This was actually my first attempt at trying a different writing style for myself. Basically, trying to add more detail, and just a fair amount of dialogue. Your suggestions were great and I'll keep in mind especially your second suggestion to not jump around as much, but it was hard in the beginning when I was just writing about parts of the past to not jump around a bit. Now that I think about it, I think you might be right. It's not really good to write stuff moving around a lot. It makes people very confused!

To ONE BIG MOTHER FUCKA: Whatever.

~Chapter 4~

Pan was frozen stiff in place until she heard her own voice speak on its own. "I love you too." Her eyes widened. No, No, No! She just ruined everything! This was not supposed to happen like this. But the pounding of her heart and the heat in her face told her that it was everything she wanted to happen.

"Really?" Trunks asked, a big smile on his face. He wouldn't admit this to anyone, but his secret dreams of being with her were finally coming true. It made him feel light headed and a bit sick to the stomach, but he welcomed the feeling with open arms.

Pan looked into his eyes and saw happiness radiating from them. How could she burst his bubble now? She closed her eyes. She didn't know how much more she could take before she broke. Her inner voices were screaming at her louder than ever. An especially loud voice was telling her to back off, and save them both. But as she opened her eyes and looked deep into Trunks', she heard another voice even louder. It was telling her to stay with him, and be happy for at least another few weeks before he would turn his back on her. She might as well enjoy it while she can because when the weekend comes around, she will be anything but happy.

She let him pull her into his embrace and buried her face in the crook of his neck. His arms wrapped protectively around her. "You don't know how happy you just made me," Trunks whispered to her.

Guilt once again washed over her but she pushed it away this time. Pan was determined to spend these two weeks with Trunks while she could. She didn't know what would happen after his operation, and this could be the last time that they are ever going to be close again. She might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

*_* *_* *_* *_* *_*

The weeks went by quickly and Pan and Trunks spent every waking moment together. They were stuck together like glue. Pan enjoyed every moment of it but as the week passed, she was getting more and more nervous. It was finally Friday, the day before Trunks' operation. Pan could feel the pressure building up everywhere, not just herself. Bulma was a bit snappier than usual and even Vegeta ate less than usual at meal times. Pan felt her conscience on her harder than ever.

Trunks and Pan decided to get an early start that day, seeing how Trunks was going to have to turn in very early that night in preparation of his operation. They went for an early walk; just the two of them and the subject of the operation was brought up.

"I'm actually really scared," he confessed. In the two weeks that they were together, Trunks had felt that he could tell Pan everything. He trusted her more than anyone in the world.

Pan squeezed his hand as they found a place to sit, leaning against a tree. "I'm sure everything will work out and be fine in the end. You just have to keep faith in yourself." Trunks turned to her.

"You promise you'll be there with me the whole time? That you'll be the first person I see when I wake up?" Once again, a new wave of dread flooded through her body. She dreaded tomorrow so much but she also couldn't wait to get it over with.

Pan turned away from him and tried to think of an answer quick. She didn't want to promise him, and then disappoint him later. That on top of the disappointment he was going to feel once he sees her already, is going to send her over the edge. She had already promised herself that she wasn't going to show up tomorrow, that she was going to leave tonight. It was better for him to be disappointed tomorrow than for him to find out the woman he loved was hideous and that he would have to put up with her just to not hurt her feelings.

Trunks sensed her turning away and frowned. "Pan, what's wrong?"

She turned around slowly and looked into his deep blue eyes. She could see everything he was feeling just by looking through the windows of his soul. Sadness that she wasn't responding to him, happiness of the two weeks they spent together, and a twinge of fear all mixed into one.

The sudden overwhelming feeling of guilt for being so selfish hit her again, this time at full force. Why did she have to be so selfish? She had wanted to be with him so bad that she let herself and tomorrow, she was going to have to face the consequences of her actions. She wanted to pull away to save them both some extreme heartache but Trunks arms tightening around her stopped her.

"You don't want to spend the day with me?" He asked, looking extremely hurt. Pan closed her eyes and knew she had lost to her desire for him, once again.

"I do," she whispered. "You don't know how much." She closed her eyes trying to keep her tears back only to open them up to see Trunks' eyes filled with love for her. She had to do it. This could be the last time Trunks would ever love her again and she wanted to be able to have this day to remember before she would leave tonight.

Pan leaned over and kissed him deeply as her hands tugged at his shirt. They spent the rest of the day making love to one another.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Pan woke in the middle of the night to a very cool breeze. The only source of warmth seemed to be behind her, with his arms around her waist, holding her tightly. Her eyes widened as she remembered the events that had taken place today. Regret immediately took over her. Regret that she will be leaving him after they made love, possibly never seeing each other again, but not regret that they had spent the whole day loving one another. No, she would never regret this day as long as she lived. It was possibly the only time she had felt true happiness.

The thought of leaving him was now harder than ever as they had both lost their virginity's to each other. She felt so horrible that she was going to leave him, she suddenly broke down. Pan couldn't take the pain and guilt anymore. She knew she had to leave, leave everything behind, and everybody she loved. To her family, she had lied that she wanted to take a vacation and travel the world to have experiences of her own.

Pan froze as she felt movement behind her. Trunks warily sat up and kissed her from behind. "What are you doing up?" He asked.

"N-Nothing," She replied.

"You're lying. Come on please tell me!" Trunks insisted.

"Trunks, it's really nothing," She stared into his eyes. " I just-I just wanted to tell you that I love you. No matter what happens, I will always love you." Silent tears were running down her face. She was almost sobbing.

Trunks felt her shake uncontrollably and held her tight. "There's no reason to cry. We'll always be together. And starting tomorrow when I get my sight, we'll really be able to start spending the rest of our lives together." He smiled reassuringly.

"I just want you to remember that I love you. Please remember." Pan said, trying to hold back tears.

"Of course I will. I could never forget." Trunks answered.

"Good." She nodded.

"Let's go back to sleep. I have to have an early start tomorrow remember?" He grinned.

Pan fell back into his arms and waited until she was sure he deep asleep and then slowly pulled out of his embrace. She gathered her clothes and put them on. With one last look and a whisper of, "I love you", she left.

A/N: This really screws everything up huh? I'm writing this story as I go on and I knew I wanted her gone for the day of the operation but not for such long trip! AHHH!!! Oh well, don't worry my peeps, this will have a happy ending! Please review and ciao!