Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The New DBZ ❯ Aftermath ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I know that I haven't updated either of my two stories in over a month now and I am sorry. I've just haven't been in much of a mood to write for a while. I know that that is not a good excuse but that's all that I can come up with. There is a way though that I can somewhat make it up to all of you. As none of you know, this month (September) marks the month for my seventeenth birthday. In celebration for this, I will try to upload a total of seventeen chapters throughout this month. Eight chapters for one of my stories and nine for the other. Which will get which I do not know yet. We'll see as the month goes on. Hopefully I can live up with that goal. With that said, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

"Normal Conversation"

< Telepathic Conversation >

~ Thinking ~

:: Bond ::

Chapter 4 - Aftermath

Gohan, Videl, and Krillin start to look around to try and find the guy who saved Videl. After a few minutes though they gave up do to exhaustion. They may still be able to stand, unlike Goku and Vegeta, but they are still severely injured. After another minute though a roar of an engine breaks through the silence.

"Look guys, its my mom and the others." Exclaims Gohan who starts to wave his good arm and jumping up and down. Bulma sees him and takes the hover van in for a landing. The moment the thing touches the ground, a hysterical Chichi jumps out and envelopes Gohan in a bone crunching hug.

"Oh my poor baby. I've missed you so much. First I hear that your father died then that monster Piccolo came and took you. You have a lot of studying to catch up to young man." Chichi goes from her hysterical mode to her `I'm in charge and do as I say' mode.

"There might be a small problem with that mom." Says Gohan nervously.

"What did you say." Says Chichi while giving her son her famous glare while reaching for her frying pan, which just happens to be near.

"Well, you see . . . it's kind of hard to explain . . . and um . . ."

"Gohan . . ."

Gohan then perks up "Oh! Dad's pretty beat up and so is Vegeta. We should go help them."

"My Goku is hurt? Where is he? I'm coming Goku." Says Chichi back in her hysterical mode. As Chichi rushes over to Goku, Gohan sighs in relief.

"That was a close call, huh kiddo." Says Bulma as she steps over to Gohan. She then notices a girl Gohan's age standing awfully close behind him. "And who do we have here? Is she your girlfriend?"

"Huh? Oh you mean Videl here. But what do you mean by girlfriend. I mean she is a girl and she is my friend so does that make her my girlfriend?" asks a clueless Gohan. (A/N: Hey, he's only six for crying out loud.)

~ Yup. He is definitely Goku's son. ~ Thinks Bulma to herself as she sweat drops. "Um never mind that Gohan. Hey, how come you aren't so shy anymore?"

"Well, I did spend six months out in the middle of nowhere with only the cloths on my back and a sword fighting off dinosaurs and then another six months fighting off Piccolo." Says Gohan matter-of-factly.

"You did all that all by yourself?" Asks Videl with awe in her voice.

"Yeah well I didn't really have much of a choice in the matter. Come on; help me get Vegeta into the van. I think he's unconscious."

"Who's Vegeta?" asks Bulma. She then looks over and sees the Saiyan Prince lying on the ground out cold. ~ Hey, he's kind of cute. Wait a minute. Isn't he the enemy! ~ "Are you insane!" shrieks Bulma. "We can't help him. He and his buddy killed our friends and tried to kill all of you!"

"Actually Bulma. It was his partner Nappa that killed everyone not him. True, he did try to kill us but we found out why he wanted to and we decided to help him." Says Gohan matter-of-factly.

Bulma looks at Gohan with worry but caves in. "I don't know what you guys are up to but if he so much shows a single trace of wanting to kill us, so help me Kami . . ."

"Bulma. You don't have anything to worry about. At the moment he can be trusted." Says Gohan who is now carrying Vegeta with the help of Videl, over to the van.

"Yeah, at the moment, but what about later." Says Bulma quietly to herself. Luckily no one else heard her.

Once everybody is in the van, Bulma starts it up and starts heading to West City. Chichi looks behind her, only to see a young girl that she hasn't seen before.

"Hello there dear. Who might you be?"

"Oh! Hello Mrs. . .?"

"Please, just call me Chichi. I'm Gohan's mother."

"Hello Chichi. My name is Videl. Videl Satan."

"That's a nice name Videl. How did you end up in the middle of the battlefield?"

Videl's smile fades as she remembers what happened earlier that day. Chichi notices this and feels a small pain in her heart. "Momma and I were shopping in South City this morning. We were just leaving the city when it happened." Bulma and Chichi gasp in horror as they guessed what happened since the destruction of South City was all over the news. "Mamma was just about to start flying us home when she saw the shock wave coming. She covered me with her body as the blast hit. She then told me that she loved me and told me to run as fast as I can away from there. I ran through the forest for a long time before running straight into the battle. The big, bald, scary man was about to kill me but Gohan saved me. Then I felt something explode in me and me and Gohan beat up the scary man." By now, tears were flowing freely from Videl while Gohan pulls her into a comforting hug, which was pretty hard since one of his arms is broken. Chichi and Bulma also starts to shed some tears. Chichi looks back at the two kids again.

"Gohan. I am so proud of you for what you did. As for you Videl, I am sorry for your loss. Do you have anywhere to go to?"

"Oh no! My daddy doesn't know what happened. He's probably worried as to why we're not home."

"Don't worry honey. As soon as we bring the men to the Hospital we will bring you home and I'm sure that Gohan can explain everything to your father." Says Chichi.

"What? Why do I have to explain it?" asks Gohan.

"Because, you are the only one who is not seriously injured and go do so better then anyone else. Plus you are Videl's friend so you should meet her father anyway." Says Chichi. ~ Besides, he will have to meet Videl's father sooner or later if they are going to get married when they're older. ~ Thought Chichi to herself with hearts in her eyes.

"If you don't want to Gohan, I'll understand." Says Videl with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"No, no. It's not that Videl. It's just that . . .well . . .I'll do it don't worry. Like my mom said, we are friends. In fact you're my first friend my age . . .and species."

Videl blushes a bit as she hears this. "Thanks Gohan."

Over in the back where Goku and Vegeta are laying, Vegeta is sneering in disgust. ~ How pitiful that these pathetic weaklings have proud Saiyans wrapped around their little fingers. It's pathetic. ~

The group falls into a comfortable silence as they make their way to West City. About half Way there, Gohan and Videl fell asleep with Videl's head on Gohan's shoulder, and Gohan's head on top of hers. Bulma is the first one to notice them.

"Hey Chichi. Isn't that the cutest thing that you've ever seen?" Whispers Bulma as she jerks her thumb to the two Chibies.

As soon as Chichi sees them, she gets heart in her eyes. "That's so cute. I'm almost a hundred percent sure that those two, if they remain friends, will defiantly get married when they're older."

"Chichi, they're only five years old. Isn't it a bit too soon to be thinking about things like that?"

"Nonsense. It's never too soon to think about marriage. In fact, if my Goku wasn't on that Dragonball hunt then we would have gotten married at the age of thirteen."

"You're not going to force them to get married when they're thirteen; are you Chichi."

"I would never force my baby to get married. I will try to hint it to them but I won't force them. Oh, my baby is growing up so fast." Chichi then starts to cry as Bulma stares at her with bewilderment. She then notices that they are coming up to the hospital.

"Get ready everyone. We're about to land." She sets down the hover van in the middle of the parking lot and calls some doctors over to retrieve Goku and Vegeta. The rest follows them in so that Gohan, Videl, and Krillin can get looked at. Krillin has a few broken rips and a dislocated shoulder. Gohan's left arm was broken and needed a cast but other than that he was fine. Videl just has a few scrapes and bruises.

"I'm going to go take Videl home mom." Says Gohan as he and Videl head for a nearby window.

"You sure that you two will be all right?" asks Chichi as she sticks her head out of Goku and Vegeta's room.

"We'll be fine mom. Bye." Gohan and Videl then run to the open window and jump out to the shock of all of the doctors and nurses. Gohan quickly wraps his good arm around Videl and starts flying in the direction of Orange Star City, which shock the doctors and nurses even more. (A/N: As most of you know Orange Star City is the original name of Satan City.) It only takes fifteen minutes for Gohan to reach the outskirts of the city where all of the neighborhoods are.

"So which one is your house Videl?"

"It's that small blue one at the end of that street Gohan."

Gohan quickly lands in front of the house and walks up to the front door with Videl. As soon as Videl touches the doorknob, the door swings open to reveal a man with a black mustache and a crazy black Afro.

"SWEET PEA!" He yells as he brings her into a bone-crushing hug. "I was so worried when I heard about South City blowing up. I thought I lost you and your mom. Where is she anyway? And who is this boy that your with. YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO . . ."

"DADDY PLEASE BE QUIET! Can we go inside now." Videl looks ready to cry so the big oaf brings the two kids in. Videl leads the two to their small family room and quietly sits down on a chair while Gohan stands behind her. "Daddy, I have some very bad news."

"What is it sweet pea and where is your mother?"

"Daddy, me and mommy were leaving South City when we saw two big balls of fire. Then we saw this bright light coming at us and mommy threw herself on top of my just as the white light reached us. I then felt a lot of heat and then it was over. When I opened my eyes. . .mommy was very hurt. . .she told me that she loves me and told me to run. . . she then . . . she . . ." By now, tears are flowing freely from her eyes. The man quickly envelops her into another hug.

"It's all right Sweet Pea. We'll be fine. Mommy would want us to be strong."

"I know, but I miss her. I want mommy back." Gohan perks up at this.

"Actually Videl. There might be a way to get your mom back."

"What how?" exclaims Videl as she stares at Gohan in shock.

"Who do you think you are? Stop trying to get my little Sweet Pea's hopes up. It's impossible to . . . you know."

"My name is Gohan sir. Son Gohan, son of Son Goku."

"You mean the current world champion of the World Martial Arts Tournament?" asks a shocked Hercule.

"Yes sir. As I was saying, it is possible to bring people back to life. In fact we just brought my father back to life earlier today after a year of being dead."

"How is that possible? It can't be."

"It is sir. You see, there are these seven orange balls each with its own number of stars on them. If you collect all seven then you could call upon the eternal dragon who will grant you one wish."

"Then what are we waiting for. Let's go get those Dragonball thingies." Yells Hercule.

"It's not that simple sir. You see, my sensei, Mr. Piccolo was killed today also. He was once one and the same as another person, named Kami, who is or should I say was the guardian of the earth. From what Mr. Piccolo told me that if one of them dies then so will the other. Kami is the creator of the Dragonballs so if he dies then so do the Dragonballs."

"Then what was the point in mentioning it you stupid kid?"

"Daddy. Don't say bad things about Gohan. He saved my life."

"What? When?" Videl explained what happened and Gohan filled in the parts that happened when Videl wasn't there. "I am sorry about what I said earlier Gohan. You saved my little Sweet Pea and I'll be forever grateful for that."

"It was nothing really sir. As I was saying earlier the Dragonballs are no more, but there may be another set of them. You see, Nappa, the big guy, said that Piccolo is a Namek from the planet Namek. Krillin and I decided to try and find Namek to see if they have a set of Dragonballs. Right now, Krillin should be running it through the others and with Vegeta's knowledge of planetary systems, and Bulma's mind, we should be able to get there. Now all I have to do is convince my mother to let me go across the galaxy to find out." Says Gohan with the Son smile plastered on his face.

Videl abruptly stands up. "I'm coming too."

"No your not." Says both Gohan and Hercule.

Videl blinks a bit in surprise before giving her very first glare of her life, which freaks Gohan and Hercule, out a bit. "Both momma and Mr. Piccolo died saving my life! I have every right to go too and I will go, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!" Gohan and Hercule shrank back a bit in fear before readily agreeing.

A/N: There you have it. This chapter was just a filler but it will get better. How will their journey in space be? Find out in the next installment of The New DBZ.