Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act III, Pistols and Passion ❯ Chapter 3

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: Boo hoo! I don't own FAKE and I'm not Sanami Matoh. This is Yaoi kids, so watch out for hot boy on boy action. Sexy, sexy, sexy!
 
 
Dee looked up as the hotel room door opened and Ryo came in, a slightly frazzled look on his face as he sat down heavily on the bed at Dee's feet. Dee chucked his magazine aside and crawled down to his partner, gently wrapping his arms around Ryo's waist.
 
“Are you okay?”
 
Ryo nodded. “Yeah, fine. It took a lot of convincing, but they gave us the go ahead. They had planned to cancel it, but JJ was right, we put in a lot of work.”
 
“You argued with them?”
 
Ryo sighed. “A lot.”
 
“Way to go Ryo,” Dee said happily.
 
Ryo sighed again and tugged a little at his tie. He leaned forward, Dee sitting back to allow him to take off the stiff suit jacket. Ryo draped it lightly on the other bed and kicked off his shoes before he glanced over at the clock. He sighed again and turned a little on the bed to face Dee, slowly leaning forward to kiss his dark haired partner.
 
“What's this?” Dee teased quietly.
 
“We've got some time before we have to go,” Ryo said, blushing lightly. “So I thought that maybe…”
 
Dee had him pinned to the bed before he could finish his sentence.
 
“Ack! Dee! Wait! Wait!”
 
Ryo clamped his hands over Dee's mouth and pushed him back, Dee staring down a little irritably as Ryo held him off.
 
“We only have twenty minutes and Bikky could come in at any time, so well, we can't…we can't take anything off,” the blush darkened dramatically but he felt Dee chuckle against his palms.
 
Ryo pulled his hands away and Dee lightly straddled his thighs.
 
“So it's PG-13, huh?” Dee grinned at him. “I can do that.”
 
He leaned forward and kissed Ryo, their tongues wrapping together as Ryo's hands slid to Dee's sides and began to lightly rub, slowly working over his back. Dee lowered himself farther and played his own hands over Ryo's chest, gently touching and exploring over every inch. Dee softly closed his eyes.
 
When he had turned thirteen, he had gotten his first real `girl' experience. Unfortunately, her dad spotted them and angrily called the orphanage. He could still remember the embarrassed angry look on the Penguin's face as she spoke, her voice uncertain despite the fact that she must have given The Talk a few hundred times before Dee ever stole his first kiss. She had told him to have more respect for women and for himself, and to not fall so easily for someone who was that willing to go `petting.' He had of course rolled his eyes and passed her some smartass remark which probably got him hit. Making out had occupied him for almost an entire year after that, but then he started to hear whispers about sex, and he suddenly wasn't as interested in what you could do over a person's clothes as what you could do under them. It stopped being about getting to touch someone, and turned into getting to strip someone. But now, with Ryo…
 
He felt a velvety tongue trace lightly across his neck, and Ryo's hands slid under his shirt. His body arched lower, pressing into Ryo's touch as he caressed Dee, his hands sliding carefully over taunt muscles and smooth skin. Dee leaned closer, Ryo now kissing at his neck, licking over it, his hands sliding higher, his palms pressing over Dee's nipples. Dee moaned and nipped at Ryo's ear, encouraging him, desiring him.
 
Ryo's mouth clamped down in another fiery kiss, his tongue raking hard over the skin as Dee moaned again in pleasure. Then, suddenly, Ryo's hands were pulling away, his mouth dropping loosely off as he pushed Dee back.
 
“Time's up,” Ryo panted. “Let me up.”
 
Dee groaned and pressed down for another kiss, his hands gently brushing through Ryo's hair as he sat back up, Ryo still pinned beneath him.
 
“You can be late,” Dee said hoarsely.
 
“No, we still have to pick up JJ. Get off.”
 
“JJ doesn't need to be there,” Dee leaned down and kissed at Ryo's neck, the pale hands locking onto his shoulders as he slowly worked his tongue over smooth soft skin.
 
“No,” Ryo said, trying to sound determined. “Get off of me, now.”
 
“Come on Ryo,” Dee breathed. “Just five more minutes?”
 
The hot breath over Ryo's neck, so recently sensitized beneath Dee's firm lips, was almost enough to make him relent. But he clenched his eyes shut tightly and shook his head.
 
“No,” he said flatly. “Stop.”
 
Dee pulled back immediately. He stood up and ran a hand through his hair as Ryo straightened his tie and slid back into his shoes and jacket. The brown haired man looked a little flushed, and he smiled at Dee as he turned to pick up both his and JJ's rifles. Dee waited until his hands were full and then leaned in for one last kiss, Ryo's eyes widening with surprise.
 
“Good luck, Sexy,” he breathed.
 
Dee grabbed one of the cases from Ryo and strolled out, a happy grin on his face as he lit a cigarette. Ryo blinked quickly and then smiled and followed his steps light as they left the hotel.
 
 
JJ chattered the whole way to the range, happily filling the car with almost inane babble as they rolled along. Dee tried to be good natured about it, to understand that it was just JJ's nerves, but after fifteen minutes of the constant buzzing behind him, he started messing with the radio. Ryo looked a little relieved when Dee finally turned up a station and JJ sat back with a happy yell when one of his favorite songs came on. Both were immensely pleased that the blue haired man did not attempt to sing a long with it.
 
They pulled up to the shooting range, an officer waiting at the parking lot entrance to check their ID's. She nodded politely to them, wished Ryo and JJ good luck and waved them ahead. The wreckage had all been removed the day before, the CSI's furious that someone had dared to take a shot at the officers they so loved to bicker with and determined to milk the evidence dry and find them. Whoever had planted the bomb was in for a surprise; despite Rose's orders and probably despite similar orders issued all over the city, the cops were taking the bombing personally.
 
Dee lit another cigarette as he carried JJ's rifle for him, the blue haired man hobbling easily along on one crutch, and still absently talking. They moved to the sniper course that had been improvised over the last few weeks and all three were surprised at the number of officers waiting.
 
“Looks like you've attracted a few more on-lookers,” Dee said flatly.
 
“Yeah,” Ryo said weakly.
 
“Come on Ryo,” Dee grinned at him. “This is the easy part. This is the part that you can do without even trying. It's time to shoot.”
 
Ryo gave him a small smile and nodded a little, his face still pale when his eyes swept out over the crowd. He sighed heavily and his hold tightened on the rifle case; Dee was right, he could do this.
 
“You going to shoot another blank?” someone yelled over the crowd.
 
There was some laughter and then suddenly silence. Ryo grinned sheepishly and glanced at JJ.
 
“I don't think we need to,” Ryo said finally. “Can everyone hear me?”
 
There was a resounding affirmative and Dee gently laid JJ's rifle on the table waiting for it, standing nearby to help the little psycho if he needed it. His eyes slid to Ryo and he smiled as he watched his lover slide on his tinted glasses and gloves and begin to unclasp the rifle case.
 
“What's with the glasses?” a voice yelled.
 
“They make us look cool,” JJ quipped.
 
More laughter. Ryo chuckled and explained the importance of being able to see clearly and reducing glare and flashes of light. He talked a little about gun safety again, and reminded the officers present that he and JJ had a lot of training behind them.
 
“Don't try this at home,” someone yelled in a deep voice that was an obvious imitation of their superior officer.
 
“Good luck handsome!” Diana's voice bellowed.
 
The audience laughed again and Ryo blushed lightly as he took a deep breath.
 
“Let's get started, shall we?”
 
Dee always forgot how much he really loved to watch Ryo shoot. Dee Laytner was a good shot, a damn fine one if anyone really cared to look at his records, but he was nothing compared to Ryo MacLean. Ryo looked so confident when he sighted down the rifle, despite the bruise, despite the small winces he made when he forgot about it and pressed too tightly to the sight. None of it mattered, not in that instant when he knew he had the shot and he squeezed the trigger gently.
 
They matched each other shot for shot, the audience growing more and more impressed as they started to take a few trick shots. JJ and Ryo started to taunt each other good naturedly, and the other officers were soon in on the act.
 
“Come on MacLean! Kick his ass!”
 
“Hey Adams, put that crutch to some good use!”
 
Ryo chuckled and watched as JJ nailed his next target, nodding a little in appreciation of the good shot. There was a second report and Ryo frowned irritably, ready to turn around and yell at JJ for cheating. But the gunshot came again and Ryo knew it wasn't a rifle, it was a handgun, and it…something whizzed hotly past his head and he blinked in confusion.
 
“Gun!” someone yelled. “Get down!”
 
Ryo blinked again and then the rifle in his hands exploded and he was thrown sharply off his feet. He stared dumbly down at the pieces of the gun that he held, his hands bleeding where bits of shrapnel had bitten into his skin.
 
“Ryo!”
 
He could hear Dee yelling at him, but for some reason he was having a hard time reacting. What was going on? His hands were starting to hurt now, and the burning in his cheek was worse too. What was going on?
 
Dee loomed over him, his eyes locking worriedly on Ryo.
 
“Ryo? Ryo?”
 
Ryo blinked up at him and frowned.
 
“They broke my gun,” he slurred, his voice distant sounding in his own ears.
 
Dee looked down. “Oh God, Ryo!”
 
Then Dee's hands were pressing over him and Ryo's chest was suddenly on fire. He gritted his teeth to keep from crying out, his body suddenly screaming as Dee firmly leaned against him.
 
“Call a fucking ambulance!” Dee roared. “Now!”
 
Ryo blinked, frowning, the pain starting to drift away now. Dee looked so scared, so worried. Had something happened to Dee? No, Dee was fine; Dee was fine, he was sure of it. He smiled up at Dee and gently pressed a hand to his face, a bloody smear spreading out over Dee's cheek as his hand dropped away.
 
Dee blinked quickly, his eyes stinging with tears as he leaned over Ryo, his fingers pressing down hard on the bullet wound in the pale man's chest.
 
“Hurry it the fuck up!” he yelled hoarsely as he ripped his eyes away. “Move it!”
 
Ryo sighed and blinked, his eyes heavy, his body so weighted down. He just wanted to sleep, to fall asleep, to let the rest of the pain drop uselessly away. His eyes started to close.
 
“Ryo!”
 
Ryo's eyes snapped open and Dee stared down at him, his face terrified.
 
“Don't you do that!” Dee snapped at him. “You stay awake, you hear me? Don't you fucking…”
 
Die. His voice cut off in a strangled cry and he just stared down at Ryo. Ryo blinked again and nodded slowly, his eyes widening and blinking as he struggled to keep them open. An ambulance began to sound nearby and Ryo grunted a little as he was quickly loaded inside. Dee started to climb in with him, but one of the EMT's pushed him back.
 
“Meet us at the hospital,” the man said.
 
“He's my partner,” Dee snapped.
 
“I don't care,” the man's eyes locked with Dee's. “You don't want to ride along for this.”