Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Of Magic Cards and Speeding Bullets ❯ Sakura and the New Love ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Of Magic Cards and Speeding Bullets by Anonymous Card Captor

Part 2: Sakura and the New Love

Standard Disclaimer: None of the characters belong to me. This isn't done for money. So, *giving lawyers the innocent puppy dog look* please don't sue me.

Tomoeda, Japan, 7 am

Clark managed to bum an encyclopedia set from his landlord and taken volumes 5, 7, 15, and 19 to his room laying them on his nightstand. Clark, unable to sleep in his new home away from home, spent all night reading everything on quantum mechanics, relativity, wormholes, and electronics. From what he could tell, this version of Earth's technology was too primitive to create interdimensional wormholes. Then again, this Earth didn't have aliens dropping in on humanity as if the Earth was some sort tourist trap giving them technology to play with. So, no chance of finding a scientist that could develop the technology needed to go back home, not for another millennium, at least. So, that was a dead end. Clark gave the books back to his landlord, a thin, white-haired elderly man named Mr. Takashima, folded up his futon, and got ready for his first day back to school...as a teacher.

--------------------------------------------------------------- -----------

Three blocks away from Takashima's house, Sakura was going though her same daily routine with the same destination as Clark. Sakura got dressed and grabbed a quick bite to eat before roller-skating out the door with Touya and Yukito on their bicycles. Sakura was greeted by a rather heated argument between Yamazaki and Chiharu. Along side the feuding newlyweds were the rest of the gang: Syaoran, Tomoyo, Rika, Naoko, and Meiling. Meiling saw Sakura, grabbed her by the shoulders nearly knocking her off her feet and dragged her towards Yamazaki.

"Not so rough with Sakura-chan," Tomoyo cried.

Meiling ignored Tomoyo's pleads and concentrated on Yamazaki. "Tell Sakura what you told us."

Chiharu put her hands on her hips. "Meiling, don't start Yamazaki up again," Chiharu scolded.

Just then, Yamazaki sidestepped Chiharu. Holding his finger up, Yamazaki repeated what he told the rest. "I was walking home from the grocery store. My mom was fixing these Tibetan dishes that was only served to the King of Scotland that they would behead commoners from eating. But anyway, I was walking home when this huge gust of wind came out of nowhere and blew an angel out of the sky and on the sidewalk." Sakura gasped as the thought of Yukito being seen as Yue. Worse, it seemed like Yue was in some sort of trouble. Neither Kero nor Yue mentioned any of this last night. Yamazaki continued with his story. "The angle was blue with red wings. And he was huge. He has muscles like those Olympic bodybuilders, and he was really tall too, seven feet tall. And the weirdest thing was his underwear. He was wearing them on the outside of his clothes.

Sakura let out of a `hoe' at the thought of Yue with blue skin, rippling muscles bursting out his ceremonial ropes with a pair of red boxers on the outside. Once Yamazaki was done telling his amazing story, Chiharu grabbed him by the ears again and escorted him to homeroom. Once the newlyweds, Naoko, and Rika left, Sakura took Kero out of her backpack. "I heard everything," said Kero. "I never knew Yue to turn big and blue. I know Clow loved surprising me now and again, I seriously doubt he's done anything to Yue. Besides, Yue would never be that careless."

"Still," said Syaoran, "ask him anyway."

"Sakura could let you ask Yue for her, if you want Li-kun," Tomoyo teased Syaoran whose face was flustered and bright red.

"But I'm only attracted to his power," said Syaoran defensively. Tomoyo responded to Syaoran's explanation with a giggle. Tomoyo knew it was true, but she still got a kick out of teasing Syaoran. Meiling didn't think it was funny since she was so protected of his fiancé and wouldn't tolerate any competition, regardless of gender.

As the children made their way to class, Tomoyo said to Sakura, "I heard Oneshi-sensei was retiring today, and that we already have a new English teacher."

"Oneshi-sensei is leaving?" Sakura frowned. "That's too bad."

"She's wanted to retire anyway," said Tomoyo, "and was just waiting for her replacement."

"I heard something about the replacement," said Syaoran. He stopped Sakura, Tomoyo, and Meiling, hurtled them together, and whispered to them. "I heard it was an American sailor that washed up on shore."

"You didn't hear from that Yamazaki did you?" Syaoran gave them a blank expression and them it was Yamazaki while Meiling and Tomoyo giggled at him.

--------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

It was the second period PE class. The children were inside the gymnasium in their PE uniforms. Terada stood the side while the students lined up in single file taking turns leaping over the spring boards. Sakura just took her turn when she saw Kaho talking to someone just outside the gymnasium doors. Sakura walked around the bleachers on the side trying to get a good luck at the person that might be their new English teacher without being noticed. Sakura still couldn't get a good luck at the man, judging by his voice. Sakura was about to sneak closer when her shirt got snagged on a bolt riveted into the bleacher's metal beams. Sakura, with her attention focused on Kaho and the man she was talking to, noticed too late. Sakura fell over hitting her knee on the hard gym floor twisting her foot. Her shirt ripped apart leaving her partial naked. Sakura screamed out as she was curled up trying to hide her exposed torso while holding her skinned knee.

"Are you okay," said a man's voice above her. It was the same man that was talking to Mizuki-sensei. Sakura tightened her grip on her legs trying to hide of nakedness from the strange man. "Please don't look at me," Sakura pleaded with the man as she cried.

"Here, take this." The man sounded much closer. Sakura turned her head to see the man holding out his coat to Sakura. "Put this around you." Sakura lifted up her arms letting the man wrap her around his coat. The man then examined Sakura's skinned knee. He tried touching it, but Sakura flinched her legs back. "I'm not going to hurt you. I just need to look at your knee." His voice was soft and soothing to Sakura. Any hesitation from Sakura melted away. She let him touch her skinned knee. He took a napkin out of his pocket and gently wiped away the blood and dirt from the scrape. "Are you hurt anywhere else?"

"My foot got twisted when I fell." Sakura tried moving it, but it felt sore.

"I think you might have sprained your ankle." The man scooped Sakura up and cradled her in his arms. In his arms, Sakura could feel how muscular he was even though the man was very gentle with her. As Kaho led them to the nurse's office, Sakura looked up at the man's face. He was American and has black hair that even darker than Yamazaki's. His jaw and chin was very pronounced. But what Sakura noticed the most was his eyes. Even though he wore glasses, Sakura could look into his sky blue eyes and see kindness and protectiveness for her. At that moment, Sakura could believe there would be nothing her new found knight in shining armor wouldn't protect her from.

The man laid Sakura on the examination table. Kaho followed them into the nurse's office and was standing next to the man. The school nurse examined Sakura's skinned knee and rubbed anti-septic on the scrape with a cotton ball. The nurse taped a piece of gauss on the scrape and then turned her attentions to Sakura's ankle. She moved Sakura's foot around and asked if it hurt. Sakura told her it hurt a little bit. The nurse then felt around the back of her leg and ankle.

"There doesn't seem to be any real damage to her leg. But she should stay off her feet for about an hour. If it doesn't hurt anymore after that, she should be fine."

Tomoyo stepped into the nurse's room with Sakura's uniform. The man who carried Sakura was about to walk out of the room to give her some privacy when Sakura called out to him. "Wait! I don't know your name."

The man turned around and said, "My name is Clark Kent. I'm your new English teacher."

"Clark-sensei?"

Clark shook his head and waved his finger at Sakura. "Incorrect. Family name goes last in Western names. And what is yours?"

"Kinomoto Sakura. Grade 5."

"Okay, Sakura, I'll be seeing you in sixth period."

"Kent-sensei!"

"Yes, Sakura."

"Thank you." Sakura smiled at Clark.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The nurse gave Sakura the green light to back to school although she also told Sakura to lay off the roller-skating for awhile. Clark's first day as teacher went rather uneventful. He got to know the class and told them where he was from (he told them Kansas and left out the part about it being a Kansas from another universe) and that he went to college to be a journalist. School just ended for today and the students were rushing home after seeing some nasty grey clouds overhead, except Sakura. It was her turn to do the after school chores. But by the time she was done, it has already started down pouring. Not wanting to wait till it stopped raining, Sakura walked out into the storm with rollerblades in hand. Just before she made her way out of the gate, she felt the rain stopped beating down on her. Sakura looked up to see Clark standing over her with an umbrella.

"The weather man said there was a 40% chance of rain. That was a bit of an understatement if you ask me. So where's you're going?" Sakura pointed to the direction of her house. Clark and Sakura made their way down the sidewalk. "How's your leg?"

"The nurse said it's okay now, but I have to stop roller-skating to school for a few days."

"I tried skateboarding when I was a kid. Ma Kent had a fit when she found out I was playing around with them."

"Ma Kent?"

"Nickname for my mother."

"Oh. Is she in Kansas?"

"Yeah," said Clark with a disappointed voice.

"You must miss her."

"And my father too." Clark shook his head trying to snap out of his self-pity. "You remember what is tonight's homework assignment right?"

Sakura nodded her head. "Read the introductory chapter for the quiz tomorrow."

"Kent-sensei, where are you staying?"

"I'm renting the room in Takashima-san's house."

"Oh no! It's in the opposite direction from my house. You were going out your way to take me home weren't you?" Sakura said almost apologizing.

"Actually, I wanted to check on you. But I don't mind the exercise." Clark smiled at Sakura making her feel like she was going to melt away.

When they made it to the Kinomoto residence, Sakura led Clark to the door. Sakura then grabbed Clark's arm and said, "If you ever feel lonely being so far away from home, you can call me and I'll try to make you feel better even though I couldn't take your parents' place." Clark was rather surprised to here one of his students volunteering to be his surrogate family while he's here.

"Why...um thanks." Clark waved bye to the young girl and headed off into the rain.

Sakura stood by the window and watch Clark make his way down the street and disappeared into the thick barrage of raindrops. She peered through to window watching the storm outside as she concentrated her thoughts on her new teacher.

--------------------------------------------------

I hope you like the fic so far. Next part might have Syaoran putting Clark in his place for obvious reasons :D See you next time.