Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Adventures from Hell ❯ Early Birthday Scare ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: It took me nearly twenty-four hours to read Book 5 and let me tell you it was great. If you haven't read it then you have no idea what you are missing. I couldn't wait to start this sequel to Hells Rising. You don't need to read Hells Rising to understand this story but it would answer some questions that you might have as to who my original character. Also, this story contains major BOOK 5 SPOILERS. With that said, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any other book, show, or movie that I may, and most likely, will include in this story. Though I wish I did so that I could also be filthy rich. ^_^

"Normal Conversation"

< Telepathic Conversation >

~ Thinking ~

:: Bond ::

Chapter 1 - Early Birthday Scare

While driving home from Kings Cross Station, a family of four was sitting in an uncomfortable silence. A large man is sitting behind the wheel, concentrating solely on driving. Next to him, his wife with a long neck is turning in each and every way with nervous glances. In the back seat were two boys of about the same age. One is a very fat kid of about sixteen years of age looking out of the car window at the passing houses. The other looks like he didn't belong there. He is fifteen, nearly sixteen, and is also staring out at the passing houses. He is a skinning boy with unruly brown hair and wears glasses over his bright green eyes. He also has a lightning-shaped scar on his forehead. His name is Harry Potter.

The man behind the wheel is his uncle Vernon Dursley, the women is his Aunt, Petunia Dursley, and the fat boy next to him is his cousin Dudley Dursley. After a moment longer of silence Uncle Vernon speaks up.

"You may keep that trunk of yours in your room boy. And make sure that damn owl of yours stays quiet and out of sight of the neighbors."

"Yes Uncle Vernon." Says Harry with a distinct hint of depression in his voice. His aunt and uncle takes a quick glance at each other but say nothing.

Soon the car pulls into the driveway of Number 4 Private Drive. The four gets out of the car and while Harry grabs his trunk from the back the other three quickly makes their way into the house. By the time Harry makes his way into the house, the Dursleys were already watching television but they were also taking quick glasses at Harry as he comes into the house.

In his left hand is his snowy white owl, Hedwig, within here cage. In his right is his school trunk, which is being dragged behind him. He slowly makes his way up to his room with only the television in the den and the sound of his trunk hitting each stair making any noise. Harry finally makes it to his room and places his trunk at the foot of his bed and puts Hedwig's cage by the window. As soon as he opens her cage and the window, she flies out. He is about to collapse onto his bed when he notices a present on it.

~ Wonder what this is? ~ Harry grabs the present and quickly unwraps it. Inside are a letter and a book that looks fairly new. He puts the book down on his dresser and reads the letter first.

Harry Potter

You may not know me and that is all right. I am an old friend of your father and two of his friends, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. They were good fellows. Sorry to hear what happened to your father all of those years ago and to Sirius just a few days ago. But that's not what this is about. The book that I sent you is an early birthday gift from me. I would also like to meet you if possible. If you would like to meet me, then go to the walkover bridge in the middle of the park near your house on the first of July at noon. Hope to see you then.

Harry brings down the note and looks warningly at the book that is on his dresser. He then drops the letter and quickly moves to his trunk. He opens it and pulls out a quill and a piece of parchment. He sits at his desk and quickly starts to write.

Professor Dumbledore

I have just gotten home from the Kings Cross and have found a gift addressed to me on my bed. The strange thing though is that the house was locked and my window was closed so I don't see how an owl could get it in there unless in went through the chimney. I opened it to find a book and a note. The person who sent it said that he or she was a friend of my father, Sirius, and Professor Lupin but he left no signature on the note. He also said that he wants to meet me in a nearby park on the first of July. Since there is no signature, I have no idea whether to trust this person or to tell if this book is dangerous in some way. Please send someone to analyze the book to see if it is dangerous or not and to tell me if I should meet with this person. If you can, please send Professor Lupin. That would be great. After what just recently happened . . . Let's just say that I'm not taking any chances.

Harry Potter

As if on cue, Hedwig comes flying into the room.

"I'm glad that you're here girl. I have a very important message that I need you to bring to Dumbledore as fast as you can. Can you do that for me?" Hedwig nibbles his finger affectionately as if to answer him. "Thanks girl." Harry sits down on his bed as Hedwig flies out of the window. He stares at the book with a look as if it will jump up and attack him. After hours of staring at it, he falls asleep with his want clutched in his hand. Harry doesn't wake again until 8:00am the next day. Shortly after he awakens, Hedwig flies back through the window looking quite tiered.

"Thanks girl. You deserve a long rest after that flight." Says Harry as he unties the letter and places Hedwig into her cage were she takes a drink from her water dish and falls asleep. Harry quickly unrolls the parchment to read it.

Harry

You did the right thing to bring this to my attention. You are also right to not touch it. I'm sending both Moody and Lupin to analyze it. They will be there at 8:30am.

Albus Dumbledore

Harry looks over to his clock and sees that it is 8:10. ~ Twenty minutes. ~ He takes a quick shower and gets changed before going downstairs. He goes into the kitchen where he sees all three Dursleys sitting down for a feeble breakfast due to Dudley's diet.

"I have chores for you boy, out in the yard." Says Uncle Vernon without looking up from his paper.

"I'll do them later. I think that you should know that my Headmaster is sending two wizards here as we speak. They should be here any minute now." The three Dursleys look up at Harry with surprise and fear.

"W what for? Asks Uncle Vernon.

"I received a book last night and I have no idea who it is from. They're coming here to see if it's dangerous. The person who sent it also asked to meet me in the park next week on the first." No sooner that he says this that the doorbell rings. Harry quickly goes to answer it and sure enough, Moody and Lupin are on the other side of the door.

"Not even a day Potter and you already send for us." Says Moody.

"Where is it Harry?" asks an eerily calm Lupin.

"It's upstairs in my room." Harry quickly leads the two up to his room and points out the book that's on his dresser. "That's the book there." Moody quickly goes over to it and starts poking and prodding it with his wand.

Lupin takes a quick look around Harry's room with a slightly disgusting look on his face but quickly hides it. ~ If Lily and James saw how these Muggles treats their son . . . ~ "Harry, where is the letter that came with the book?"

"It's on the floor next to my bed." Lupin picks up the letter and reads it over and over again as Moody walks over with the book in hand.

"I see nothing wrong with the book. Other than the fact that I have never heard of it and I don't think even Dumbledore knows half of these spells."

"What's the book called?" asks Lupin without looking up from the letter.

"Ancient, Elemental, and Wandless Magic for Beginners and Experts. Now who would send an underage wizard a book about those three forms of magic?"

"What's the big deal about those three forms of magic?" asks Harry.

"Don't they teach you anything in that History class of yours Potter?" asks Moody.

"Uh . . ."

"They are the three hardest forms of magic there is Harry." Says Lupin who is still reading the letter. "Voldemort is known to have come close to mastering all three forms. The only person that has ever mastered them was Merlin himself."

"Any clues as to who sent this Lupin in that letter?" asks Moody.

"As far as I can tell, I must be someone that we met while still in school. Other then that, I have no idea who sent it." Lupin finally looks up from the letter. "Who is even capable of writing a book about those forms of magic? It doesn't look old enough to be done by Merlin."

Moody looks down at the book. "It says the author is named Mike. Strange, there is no last name."

A surprised look comes across Lupin's face. "Someone named Mike with no last name wrote that book?"

"Yeah. Do you think you know who it is." Asks Moody.

"Maybe. Back during the summer after our fifth year, the Sirius and I got to stay at James's place for the summer. Wormtail couldn't come. One day while walking though a nearby Muggle town, we cam across a boy our age. We had no idea if he was a wizard or not nor did we ask. He introduced himself as Mike. No last name, just Mike. He too, just like the rest of us, loved to play practical jokes. We learned a lot of new material from him. We had a lot of fun that day. Soon though, it was time to say goodbye to him. Right before he left though, he freaked us out a little bit. He said . . ." A look of shock comes across Lupin's face.

"What did he say Remus?" asks Moody.

"Why didn't we listen? Sure we were freaked out but still." Says Lupin as if he didn't hear Moody.

"Professor Lupin?" asks a worried Harry.

"He told us not to trust Pettigrew. He said that he would do the unthinkable and betray us. The thing that freaked us out the most was the fact that we never once mentioned Pettigrew. Before we could ask him anything, he disappeared. By the next day, we forgot all about it. He was trying to warn us. If only we listened to him." Lupin then looks over to Harry. "I think that you should meet with him Harry. To see if he is who I think he is."

"I agree Potter, but I think that we should still station guards all around the park that day. Just to be safe." With that the two adults leave to prepare for the first of July.

Soon, the week has gone by and Harry is still depressed about Sirius's death. He is also starting to get worried about the meeting that is soon to take place. He looks over to the clock and sees that he has a half hour to make it to the park. The day before, Lupin came by to say were each member of the Order was station. Even Dumbledore would be there.

Harry manages to make it to the park in time and goes to wait on the bridge. He looks over the edge of the bridge to see a beautiful stream that goes through the park with many flowers on each bank. After a few minutes, a man Harry's age comes over and looks over the bridge with Harry but doesn't say a word. He is wearing a pair of black jeans, a black shirt, and a black trench coat with a red dragon on the back that nearly reaches the ground. The man also has pure silver hair with a few small streaks of colors going through it. Each streak had black on the tip. His eyes are hidden behind a pair of cool looking sunglasses. After a moment he speaks up.

"Beautiful, isn't it."

"Excuse me?" asks a bewildered Harry

"The stream and flowers. They're beautiful. Don't you agree?"

"Oh yeah, sure. Beautiful."

After a minute, the mystery man speaks up again. "So what do you think of my book Potter?" Harry looks over to him in surprise. "Continue to look at the stream." Harry reluctantly turns his head back to the stream.

"Who are you?"

"Mike's the name. No last name, just Mike. So I ask again, what do you think of my book?" says Mike with a slight smirk on his face.

"I haven't had the chance to look at it. Been too preoccupied with other things. Such as, is the person who sent me this book going to try and kill me?"

"Yeah, sorry about that. I just don't like making things too easy. You know, you should tell your friends that they need to learn to blend in better. I can clearly see them all."

"I'll be sure to tell them that."

"Good. So how's your summer going so far?" Harry just glares at him. "Right, wrong thing to ask. Well that's why I gave you my book. It'll help keep your mind off things if you practice some of those spells. There some good ones in there about making your own food and stuff like that."

"Underage wizards are not aloud to do magic outside of Hogwarts."

"Actually, the ministry wont be able to detect you practicing that kind of magic. You see, they're under this crazy notion that no wizard or witch, let alone an underage one is capable of doing such magic." Replies Mike with a smirk.

"I see . . . I have a question though. If you really are the same Mike that hung out with my father and friends all those years ago, then why do you look my age?"

"That's an easy one. I have eternal youth."

Harry just raises an eyebrow. "I thought that Nicolas Flammel was the only one who successfully made a Sorcerer stone."

"He is the only one, although I could make one myself if I wanted to but that's not the point. I don't use a Sorcerer Stone for you see; I was born with eternal youth."

"So how old are you?"

"Exactly, I have no idea. Enough about me though, I need to wrap this meeting up. Got things to do you know. Anyway, I heard that you started a group last year called Dumbledore's Army."

"Yeah. It was to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts for those who wanted real training instead of what that frog was doing."

"Good, good. Well I think that now it is a good idea more then ever to continue that. You should open it to everyone though. Make an announcement at the start of the term feast for those who want to join. Of coarse, there will be test to make sure those who join are trustworthy. I'm sure Dumbledore can help you out there."

"Um, sure thing."

"Great. Well, there is one more thing before I go kid." Mike reaches into his jacket and pulls out a small black cell phone. "This is for you. Your two friends will be getting one latter from Dumbledore. Speed dial one is your friend Hermione and speed dial two is your friend Ron."

"Thanks. This will come in handy but why give me a cell phone if I can just send a message though Hedwig?"

"One, old Voldie wont be able to intercept them because he doesn't think that any witch or wizard will try communicating the Muggle way.

"I've never heard anyone called Voldemort, old Voldie. He-who-must-not-be-named and you-know-who I've heard. But old Voldie?"

"What can I say? I just love making fun of names that belong to evil bitches."

Harry laughs a little at this. "So what's number two?"

"I don't want you to leave Private Drive." Mike says bluntly.

"WHAT? NO WAY! I HATE IT THERE!"

"I know but it is of the utmost importance that you remain there. Being able to use magic and talk to your friends on a daily basis will make it tolerable for you. Just remain there."

"No. The first chance I get of getting out of there I will. I don't care if Voldemort tries to kill me, I will not stay at Private Drive for the entire summer."

"You stupid, naive, little boy. There are bigger things to worry about then old Voldie." Says Mike with malice.

"What do you mean? What could possible be bigger than Voldemort?"

"I can't tell you that now. You are not ready for it. Do not fret though. I will tell you before you reach the end of your sixth year at Hogwarts. You just keep your focus on old Voldie and protecting your friends. If you die, all will be lost." Mike then stands up straight. "I need to go now. You are to leave two minutes after me in the opposite direction that I go. Oh yeah, one more thing. Tell no one of your training that is not within the order. You may only tell your friends once you are back at Hogwarts. See ya kid." Mike then leaves towards the left while Harry waits a minute and then goes right to go back to his house in order to report everything to Lupin as planned. Mike on the other hand goes to a nearby bench where on old man with a very long white beard was sitting, reading a Muggle newspaper.

"Excuse me sir. Is this seat taken?" asks Mike.

"No it is not. Please, sit down." Says the old man.

"Thanks." Says Mike as he pulls out a newspaper of his own. While reading the paper, Mike speaks up. "So, you're the famous Albus Dumbledore?"

"Yes I am. I take it that you're the one who sent Harry the magnificent book?"

"The one and only. You know, and I also told Harry, that your friends from the `Order of the Phoenix' should learn to be more discreet when spying. They all stick out like a sore thumb. Even those under invisibility cloaks stick out. You're the only one that blends in the most in these surroundings."

"That's quite impressive that you can see all of them. So what is your real purpose of you luring Harry out here? Who are you, exactly?" asks Dumbledore.

"I'll let Harry tell you about that. Just so you know though, I asked him to continue the D.A. and to not leave Private Drive at all this summer. Not even for his school supplies. Have someone send them to him."

"I was going to recommend the same thing about the D.A. If he weren't a student then I would have given him the D.A.D.A. job."

"I'm sure you would have."

"Why don't you want Harry to leave Private Drive this summer?"

"Because it will be easier to protect the two chosen ones while they are apart rather then together. Unless of coarse I too am with them which is hard to do over summer holidays."

"What do you mean by the two chosen ones." Dumbledore then realizes something. "This has nothing to do with Voldemort or the prophecy that pertains to him and Harry, does it?"

"Not in the slightest."

"So what's going on?"

"As of right now, that is none of your concern. You just keep your focus on old Voldie."

"Old Voldie?"

"Yeah. Potter asked the same thing. Anyway, the main reason that I staged all of this though was to meet with you."

"I figured as much when you came over here. So what is it that you want from me? Or is there something that you wish to know?"

"Actually, I have a favor to ask of you. That and a question." Mike looks over his paper to Dumbledore to see if he should continue.

"Continue." Says Dumbledore.

"You see Dumbledore, I have two friends, both sixteen years of age. I just recently started to teach them magic about a week ago. I want to enroll them into Hogwarts as six years."

"If you just started teaching them a week ago, then I don't see it being possible for them to be six years.

"I assure you that they are fast learners. They will be caught up with your students going into sixth year by the end of the summer."

Dumbledore thinks this over a moment before answering. "They may enroll on one condition only. That is that they must take and get a minimum of six OWLs from the O.W.L. exams a week before the start of the term."

"They wont only do that but they will get an OWL for each test with the highest marks in the history of the O.W.L. exams."

"Then I look forward to meeting them. What is the question that you wanted to ask me?"

"I hear that there is currently an opening at the school. I understand that you are in need of a new D.A.D.A. teacher. I'd like to apply for the job." States Mike.

"Is that so?"

"Yes, it is so. Here is my résumé. I am quite certain that you will find me more than qualified for the job." Mike pulls out a sheet of parchment and hands it to Dumbledore. He reads it over and his eyes widen in surprise.

"This is quite a résumé you got hear Mike. I must say that I agree with you that you are over qualified for the job." He says with a twinkle in his eye.

"I know." Says Mike with confidence. "So am I hired?"

"With a résumé like this, of coarse your are. But why would someone like you want to-" Mike quickly cuts him off.

"Like I said, don't worry about it. I'll see you at the start of the term. Have a nice day." As Mike gets up he turns to Dumbledore one last time. "Do me a favor and burn that parchment to cinders. Also tell no one who I really am or anything that I have told you but not the Potter boy." (A/N: If you want the surprise of who Mike really is to be ruined for you then read my other story called Hells Rising. I will eventually get around to revealing that fact though at some point in this story.)

"Consider it done Mike." With that said Mike disappears without making a sound to leave Dumbledore to his thoughts. Though only one thought is going through his mind at the time. ~ This is going to be one interesting year. ~

A/N: Who is Mike and who are his two friends? And what's this new dilemma that has rising. There's only one way to find out. Actually, there are two ways. You could read my other story. Or you could tune in for the next installment of Harry Potter and the Adventures from Hell.