Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Adventures from Hell ❯ Big Dinner Surprise ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: First I'd like to say thanks to the reviewer who pointed out that Mike has told Harry what the test was while they were s

A/N: First I'd like to say thanks to the reviewer who pointed out that Mike has told Harry what the test was while they were still on the train in chapter three. Just ignore that little mix up. I also reread that chapter so I wouldn't make any other mistakes and when I got to the part where Mike said that he has a killer idea, I got a little flustered. You see I've completely forgot what that killer idea was. Hopefully I'll remember it or come up with a new one soon. Anyway, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

"Normal Conversation"

< Telepathic Conversation >

~ Thinking ~

:: Bond ::

Chapter 5 - Big Dinner Surprise

Everyone is in complete shock of what they just heard. Draco Malfoy, the same Draco Malfoy who's been rivals with Harry Potter since the first day of school, has been accepted into Harry Potter's club. After a minute of calming down Harry finally speaks up again.

"If I called your name then please remain here after lunch. If I didn't then you are to report back to your houses for about twenty minutes and then you could go about your daily routine." Harry then slumps down onto the open seat next to Hermione. Ron decides to break the silence between the group.

"Why is Malfoy in the D.A. Harry?"

"Because Ron, he signed up and passed the test."

"He probably cheated! Malfoy in the D.A. is a very bad idea. At the first chance he gets, he's going to go straight to his father who will then go straight to You-know-who. Can't you just kick him out?"

"Believe me Ron if I could I would, but the only way he can leave is if its of his own free will or if he betrays us, which I will know the moment he does. Wait a minute, I thought Malfoy's father got caught at the Ministry."

"He did. But he bribed and lied his way out of it." Said Ron.

The three decides to eat the rest of their lunch in silence. Pretty soon everyone but the members of the D.A. are back in their House Common Rooms. Harry pulls Ron off to the side before addressing everyone else.

"Hey Ron, do you think that you can take up the rear of the group so that we have no strays?"

"Hey sure. Where is the D.A. room anyway?"

"Remember the end of our second year." Says Harry with a small smirk. It takes Ron a minute to realize what he is hinting at.

"YOU PUT THE D.A. ROOM THERE?" Everyone looks at Ron in shock due to his sudden outburst.

"Calm down Ron. Mike fixed up the place really good. You wont even recognize it. Oh and don't mention it to anyone. I want it to be a surprise."

"Sure thing mate." Harry then moves to the entrance to the Great Hall. "If you'd all follow me, we will move to the D.A. room. Ron will take up the rear since he's the only one who's been there before. Well while awake anyway."

Harry then leads them through the castle until they come across Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. The moment he stops in front of the door to the bathroom, Hermione stares at Harry in shock while Ginny starts to freak out.

"No, no, no! There is no way that I am going back down there." She turns around and starts to run down the hallway. Harry sees this and tries to grab her arm but misses.

"Ginny wait!" She doesn't listen and continues to run down the hall. "Ron! Grab your sister."

Ron sees her coming and quickly grabs her.

"Ron, let me go! I don't ever want to go down there again. Not after last time."

"Ginny, you have nothing to worry about. I'm sure that Harry wouldn't have picked there if it was dangerous."

"I don't care. I don't want to go back down there." By now Ginny is in tears and Harry sees it.

"Everyone go into the bathroom. Go near the sinks and it will open the entrance to the D.A. Room. Drop right down and you'll be fine. I'll join you shortly to open the second door soon. Hermione, you think you can help me calm Ginny?"

"Sure thing Harry." The two make their way towards Ron and Ginny while everyone else goes into the bathroom.

"Ginny, you have nothing to worry about. The Chamber of Secrets is nothing like it was three years ago."

"How could you choose that place Harry?"

"I didn't choose that place. Mike did. You have nothing to fear Ginny. There's no basilisk, no bones, and no Voldemort. You wont even recognize the place."

"Harry's right Ginny. You have nothing to worry about. In fact, pretend it's not the Chamber of Secrets. Just forget all about that stuff. Think of it as a new place that you've haven't seen before." Says Hermione in a comforting tone.

"I'll try, but I still don't know why Mike had to choose that place."

"Because it's the safest place on earth." Says Mike who popped out of nowhere. The four jump a bit when Mike appears.

"Don't do that!" Says Ron whom is breathing very heavily.

"Why is the Chamber the safest place on earth Mike?" asks Harry.

"Salazar Slytherin was no fool. He put so many wards on this place that it would make the most secure vault in Gringotts look like a child's play thing. That and the fact that I reinforced the Chamber with a few of my own things." Says Mike with a smirk. "I assure you Ginny that you have nothing to worry about. In fact, you will no longer fear the D.A. room, A.K.A. the Chamber of Secret." As Mike says this a brief flash of light is seen behind his sunglasses

"You know what? You guys are right. I have nothing to worry about." With that, she confidently goes towards the entrance. The three looks at Mike in complete shock at what happen but after another flash of light from Mike's eyes, they completely forget about it. Mike then disappears and the trio forgot that he was there also.

Harry then speaks up. "Come on guys. Let's go in. Don't want to leave everyone waiting." The trio goes into the bathroom, and after giving a brief greeting to Myrtle, they drop into the hole and soon comes out the other end.

"It's about time Potter. You done making out with your mudblood girlfriend yet? I'd like to see this D.A. room of yours that is freaking out the Weasel girl."

Harry suddenly gets angry and grabs Malfoy by the front of his robes. "Now listen here Malfoy. I don't like you and I'm pretty sure that you don't like me. But you signed up for this and passed my test, which means that you are to be trusted and I will trust you. If you are a member of my D.A. then you will abide by my rules. The first rule is you will not make fun of other members of this D.A. The second is if you betray my trust and everyone else's trust, then I will teach you the true meaning of the word pain. If you don't like my rules then you are free to leave the D.A. at any time. The door is right behind you.

For once, Malfoy looks speechless and just looks down a bit in defeat.

"That's what I thought." Harry instantly goes back to his cheery self. "Now that that's taken care of, lets go to the main room. As we walk, I will tell you some history of this part of the castle. Up to a few days ago this was the Chamber of Secrets." A gasp is heard from the older students. "For those of you that don't know, the Chamber of Secrets is a secret chamber that Salazar Slytherin built one thousand years ago. In it he placed a monster in which only he could control. That monster was none other than a basilisk. You have nothing to worry about though because I killed that very same basilisk at the end of my second year. Since then Mike has redecorated it to fit our needs."

Harry stops speaking as they reach the second door. "This is the final door before the chamber. It is opened by tuning the diamond to point at the correct order of symbols. The order of symbols will change each week. The door itself will tell you the new password in your dreams on the night that it is changed. Each symbol represents a letter of the Greek alphabet. I suggest that you memorize them all. This week's password is Alpha, Gamma, Theta, Delta, Mew." After Harry points the diamond towards mew, the door opens and reveals a grand chamber, which puts everyone in awe. "Welcome to the new D.A. room."

Harry walks into the chamber and beckons everyone to follow. "To the left of me you will find a library composed of the largest collection of magical and Muggle books, a weapons storage area, and a meeting hall." Harry sees Hermione inching her way towards the library and quickly heads her off. "I will allow everyone to explore everything soon." Hermione gives a little pout but stays put. "Directly behind me, you will see a statue of the heads of all of the founders with Merlin in the middle. Above it you will see the D.A. crest. To the right are a set of boys and girls dormitories that are fully accommodated and a hall full of doors that will lead you to various locations around Hogwarts. For the rest of the day, I will allow all of you to get acquainted with everyone and let you look around. No one may leave until dinner." With that everyone does his or her own things.

About six hours later Harry announces that it is time for dinner. They quickly make their way toward the Great Hall and sits down with their respected houses. Just as they were about to start dinner though, they were interrupted be a group of people who enters the Great Hall with Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic, leading them.

"You have gone too far this time Dumbledore! I cannot allow this abomination to continue any longer!"

"Ah, Cornelius. What brings you here tonight?" asks Dumbledore with his ever-present twinkle in his eye.

"You know very damn well why I am here! You first chance out a respectable teacher for the DADA last term, who might I add has gone missing, and replaces her with this . . . this . . . this CHILD!"

"I could assure you . . ." Mike then interrupts Dumbledore.

"Would you mind if I were to handle this Albus?" Mike asks with a smirk.

"Not at all Mike. Go right ahead Mike."

"Thanks." Mike then stands and moves around the head table and in front of Fudge. "I don't believe that we have been formally introduced yet. I am Mike. And you must be Fudge. The most incompetent Minister of Magic that my eyes have ever laid on."

"You little brat! How dare you say these things? I am not incompetent! I am here to remove you from the staff and these Aurors behind me are here to remove you by force if you resist."

Mike's smirk does not waver one bit at this revelation. In fact he completely ignores that statement. "You know what? I think your right. You are not incompetent. I think your something more."

"I'm glad that you've realized your mistake so why don't you resign now and we could all go home."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why should I resign?"

"You are nothing more than a child, and a child should not be the one who is teaching these students Defense Against the Dark Arts. Especially with You-know-who on the loose again. It should be a qualified instructor who teaches them not you."

Mike's voice is suddenly laced with anger. "First off I think you need to get your facts straight. One, I am very qualified for this job. In fact, I am over qualified for this job. You wouldn't believe how over qualified I am."

"It's true. Mike is very over qualified for this job." Says Dumbledore still with a twinkle in his eye.

"And two, I am a lot older than you think and you need to learn to respect your elders boy. So know your role and SHUT YOUR MOUTH!"

"HOW DARE YOU TALK. . ."

"I'M NOT FINISHED YET!" Fudge recoils in fear of Mike's sudden out burst. "There is no way in hell that I would do anything that someone like you would want me to do. And do you want to know why Fudge?"

"Why?"

Mike smirk suddenly reappears on his face and he gets real close to Fudge and starts speaking in a clear-cut voice that everyone could hear. "Because I know your secret."

Everyone looks confused at what Mike is trying to get at. Even Dumbledore and Fudge's Aurors are confused. Fudge on the other hand becomes very pale and starts to sweat a little.

"Wha . . .what secret?"

"After Dumbledore told me everything that happened in the last couple of years that dealt with Voldemort (Almost everyone winces) only one thing confused me. That one thing is that when Harry Potter told you that Voldemort has retuned, you refused to believe it. Not only that, but you down right refused to believe that it was possible for him to return. So I decided to look into it a little and it didn't take me long to come up with an answer."

By now, Fudge's skin becomes ghostly white with fear.

"Why would the Minister of Magic downright refuse to believe that it was possible for Voldemort to return? Not even the most selfish and incompetent of Ministers would downright ignore it. It'd be too much of a risk to their next election if there really were a threat out there. They would have still looked into it. So why is it that you didn't do anything when you heard of his return? What would you have to gain for ignoring something so important? What reason could there possibly be? I wonder . . ."

Mike pauses a bit to let it all sink in to everyone's head. Everyone still looks confused but suddenly, a look of shock comes across Dumbledore's face. That shock is quickly turned into anger as the twinkle in his eye is replaced with a pure, fiery rage. Mike's smirk widens as he sees this.

"I see that Dumbledore has figured it out." Mike pauses one more time before he starts to slowly advance towards Fudge. "The only reason that the Minister of Magic would downright refuse to believe that Voldemort had returned and made it look like Harry has gone insane is if that Minister of Magic is . . ." Mike's voice drops to but a mere whisper but everyone hears the next thing that Mike says as clearly as if it had been scream off of the rooftop of Hogwarts. "A Death Eater."

A/N: Don't I just pick the best places to end a chapter? Is Mike right about Fudge? And if so, how will everyone take it? Tune in next time for the next installment of Harry Potter and the Adventures from Hell.