Fan Fiction ❯ Dream Tickets ❯ Prologue

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

HI! This is the first fanfic that I'm most likely to actually finish, because it's the first one I'm entering on a website and hoping to have fans. This is an Evanescence fanfic, and I hope you like it. I originally started writing it on index cards in a dialogue form, but that annoyed me, so I stopped. That was a few months ago. Now, I sit here, typing this, NOT writing in dialogue form. And oh, yeah, I started writing it when I hadn't heard that Ben Moody had left the band, so he is in the story. So are Rocky Gray and John LeCompt. It is an Evanescence fanfic with a twist, but the twist doesn't come for the next few chapters, so just read, and enjoy it. Here's the….

PROLOGUE

A girl sat at a computer, ice-blue eyes glued to the screen. She was checking the status of a contest to win the tickets of her dreams. All of a sudden, she screamed.

The people around her jumped. Two boys, sitting and reading Shonen Jump, stared at her and shouted.

"Dude, what are you doing?" One, brown eyes turned towards the girl, said.

"Shut up Nami! We're reading here!" the other said.

A girl poked her head into the room. "AAAAAAAAH! Are the evil potato monsters attacking?" she said.

"No, Mi-chan-san, it is not the evil potato monsters this time," Nami paused. "I JUST WON TWO TICKETS TO MEET EVANESCENCE AND GO ON TOUR WITH THEM!"

"Oh," Mi-chan-san's head disappeared, and then came back. "WHAT?!"

"Yup, two tickets to see Evanescence," Nami said. "And I can only choose one person to go with me."

Two other girls raced down the stairs. One ran over to Nami, hugged her, but tripped and fell, bringing Nami with her. Then, not realizing that she was still attached to Nami, she screamed in the other girl's ear, "PICK ME! PICK ME!"

Another girl said, "Come on Nami, I know you love my cheese tacos. Pick me, already!"

Nami tried to free herself of her friend's grasp, but it was no use. "Nimai, GET OFF OF ME!"

"Oops," Nimai said, letting go of Nami and getting up. "Need some help?" Nimai, Mi-chan-san, and taco-girl offered Nami a hand. Nami chose the taco-girl.

"Thanks, Idea Box," she said, brushing off her black hoodie with the large raindrop patch on it, and her flared black baggy pants with chains. She moved her black hair with a single blood-red strip in it out of her eyes, and bent down to fix her camo-print hi-tops.

The two boys looked at each other. "Girls," they silently mouthed. One, with dark brown eyes, bleached blond hair with some brown hair showing through, wearing a navy blue shirt, baggy tan cargo shorts, and white chunky sneakers, spoke. "Nami, either randomly choose someone now, or prepare to be worshipped for the next few weeks."

The other boy, wearing a black shirt with a dragon on it, baggy black pants, and black chunky sneakers, added, "Jomei's right. And knowing you, all that will go to your head, and we'll have to kick you out, and you'll have to live on the street, and you'll have to sell those tickets for money for food. So, choose someone to go with you now."

Nami gave the boy who had spoken most recently puppy-dog eyes. "But, Hojo, you can't kick me out! Please don't kick me out!"

"Well then choose already!"

"Okay! Fine!" Nami looked around at the girls, now at the point of fighting each other. Then at the boys, who had started reading Shonen Jump again. "I choose….Jomei!"

"Huh? Wha--?" Jomei said smartly. "But I don't wanna go!!!"

"Too bad," Nami said, grabbing him by the arm. "You're coming with me!"

"AAAAAAAAAH!" the boy shouted, being dragged by his friend. "Help MEEEEEEEE!!!!"

So….that's all for now, folks!