Fan Fiction ❯ Eridanus Riddle Black ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Eridanus Riddle Black

By Astronomy_Princess

I don't own Harry Potter, never has never will. All characters, places, logos, etc., of Harry Potter rightfully belong to Joanne Kathleen Rowling and Warner Brothers. All I own are the plot to this story, and my new character, Eridanus Riddle Black, who is played by me, of which I own. ~I own myself~! And Potion ingredients are from The Harry Potter Lexicon.

Eridanus Riddle Black

By Astronomy_Princess

~Chapter One~

-Eridanus's Point of View-

I tossed and turned in my bed that night. Tomorrow, I said to myself. Tomorrow was when I was going with Uncle Lucius and Cousin Draco to Diagon Alley to get my things for the fifth year. I shook my head and smiled. There were Ordinary Wizarding Levels this year, or for short, O.W.L.s. From what I've heard from my older half-brother, Sirius Orion Black, they weren't as hard - during his day of course. Well, I'll just have to find out this July, now, won't I?

I woke up at six o'clock the next day: thirty minutes before Uncle Lucius, forty-five minutes before Draco, and an hour before Sirius. I stepped into the shower stealthily. Lukewarm water poured down on me; my waist-length blonde hair was plastered on my face, and before long, I heard Uncle Lucius' voice saying calmly at my door, "Are you almost finished, Eri?"

I calmly replied back, "Almost, Uncle!"

I heard his feet move away. I was, amazingly, Uncle's favorite child... Although I didn't understand that very much: why like me over his own son? Well, Draco could be a bit stubborn. I remembered by third year at Hogwarts. Uncle Lucius was praising me for passing the tests, while he was fuming at Draco for failing them... Hey? What could I do? I'm a straight - er - Outstanding student, especially in Potions. I don't get it. Gryffindors are always saying Slytherins are a bad house. How could they know? They were never in Slytherin. Pathetic Gryffindors.

I reached out from the shower's door and got my towel. It was emblazoned with the Riddle, Black, and Malfoy crest. Uncle Lucius and Grandfather Voldemort had it especially for me. Well, I could say I was the Death Eater's, Draco's, Tonks', and Sirius's favorite child. How can I help it?

I wrapped the towel around me, and headed back to my room. Kreacher already set my clothes there...wait...why am I praising Kreacher? He was a nutcase. Who even got the idea of hiring the stupid fool? Oh yeah. Grandmother Elladora. Sheesh. Anyway...I placed on my green-and-silver jeans and green-and-silver shirt, the shirt having the Slytherin crest on the front, while the jeans had the crest on each knee. You could say the Riddle-Malfoy-Black-Lestrange family line was the Slytherin's best...

Draco and Uncle Lucius were already downstairs when I got down. I nodded to them, and headed for the door. My purse was hanging from the handle. The strap was emerald, emblazoned with the word SLYTHERIN in pure emerald, while the purse was pure silver, with the Slytherin's S being swirled around with the Slytherin serpent. I quickly hurried to Uncle Lucius who was ushering Draco in the fireplace. He handed his own son a handful of Floo powder, and once the three of us had scrambled in the Malfoy Manor's fireplace. In a swirl of green flames, we landed in Diagon Alley.

We were in Flourish and Blots when trouble started. Draco had met up with Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley, and Hermione Granger. They were fighting in the Charms Isle. I turned to Uncle Lucius, my emerald eyes gazing into his dark grays, and he and I went to the Charms isle.

We saw Draco fighting with the Potter boy - again - and the Granger girl and the Weasel were trying to pry Potter of my cousin. The Potter boy punched Draco in the stomach, and I ran to his side. "Draco!" I cried out. The Weasel, the Potter, and the Granger turned to us and Potter said, "He deserved it."

I pulled out my wand (11