Fan Fiction ❯ It Only Hurts ❯ It Only Hurts When You're Here ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It's an everyday routine, I run for the bus, stand on the bus because there are no more seats, get off the bus two blocks from my school, and then I run to school just in time to barely make it before the five minute bell. This gives me the time to run around get my stuff from my locker, and then run around get things done and then run to class.
 
Today was different. When I ran passed the deans office heading for the stairs to go back down them I was stopped by a hall monitor. Apparently the person who was supposed to show the new kid around didn't show up today and she was wondering if I could show him all his classes before dropping him off at his first period and then taking myself to mine. I agreed to do so because this particular monitor always gave me a free pass to first when I was running really late.
 
 
“Thank you Laura, I'll go get him.” Ms. H. said as she walked back into the office.
 
“No problem…” Laura said as she looked around as she shifted her bag so it wasn't on her medium length brown hair.
 
“Kitty we have to get to class!” Jessica, or Puppy as she was known with her friends, said as she ran up.
 
“I have a free pass Pup; I'm showing around the new kid.” Laura, or Kitty as she was better known, said with a shrug. “I'll see you in class, hurry up.”
 
“See ya Kitty!” Puppy said as she ran off.
 
“I thought the woman in there said your name was Laura.” A guy said as he walked up beside her.
 
“I'm better known as Kitty with my friends, and in the classes.” Kitty stated as she looked over at him. Now he was a sight to see, shinning purple/silver hair, intense green eyes; Kitty was getting trapped in his gaze.
 
“Well then, I'm Spike.” He said as he smirked at her. “My real name's Jason though.”
 
“Well then Spike; let's see your schedule so I can get this over with.” Kitty said reverting to her stubborn self.
 
Spikes smirk grew as he watched her look over his schedule after he handed it to her.
 
“We have a lot of classes together…” Kitty said as she started heading for their first class on A days. “We'll start on A days and then go to B days…Today's a B day by the way…”
 
“Yeah I know…” Spike said as he strolled after her.
 
~
 
 
“Kitty who's that?” Puppy said as she saw Kitty walk up with Spike.
 
“This is Spike…” Kitty said as she dropped her bag and sat down on the step below Puppy and her other friend Blu with her back to the railing.
 
“Hey Spike, I'm Blu, and this is Puppy.” Blu said shaking his hand before he sat on the same step as Kitty facing her.
 
“Nice ta meet ya's.” Spike said as grinning up at them.
 
“Down boy.” Kitty growled as she watched him. “You're only allowed to seduce people that I don't spend my own time with.”
 
Spike looked at her with a frown before he turn one side of his lips up in a smirk and said, “Aw Kitten you jealous.”
 
“No I'm not, and don't call me kitten.” Kitty said glaring at him. “I just like my friend the way they are and not corrupted by the likes of you.”
 
“Exactly how many people has he “seduced” today?” Blu asked eyeing the guy as he slipped on a hat with two spike-like studs on the front.
 
“About half the girls in our speech class.” Puppy said with a nod.
 
“And five girls in my art class, and all but four in my P.E. class and with the exception of me they all have boyfriends that are in the class too.” Kitty said as she slapped his hand away from her bag. “I'm getting it, hold on.”
 
“What have I told you about feeding stray dogs?” Blu asked as Kitty handed Spike a granola bar.
 
“Hey watch it with the insults to my nickname.” Spike said glaring up at Blu. “To let you know I was named for the spikes on my hat, not a dog.”
 
“Yeah, yeah dog boy watch it before I snatch that out of your mouth.” Blu said glaring at him.
 
“Dog boy, now that's a good one.” Kitty said with a grin as Puppy started laughing.
 
“Watch it Kitten we have exactly five out of eight classes together I can make those classes a living hell for you.” Spike said breaking off a piece of the granola bar and handing it to Puppy to shut her up. “Now stop laughing.”
 
“Gotcha.” Puppy said before eating it.
 
“Stop calling me Kitten it's going to stick with my luck.” Kitty said glaring at him.
 
“He's resourceful I'll give him that much.” Blu said as she watched Puppy munch on the granola bar.
 
“Why thank you.” Spike said giving Blu a breath taking smile.
 
“It's not working on me, stick with Kitty.” Blu said with a grin as Kitty glared at her.
 
“Understood.” Spike said with a nod turning his smile to Kitty.
 
~
 
“Go away!” Kitty growled as she walked down the street to the bus stop.
 
“But come on Kitty can't you just come with me?” Spike asked as he walked behind her.
 
“No!” She yelled as she looked over her shoulder at him.
 
“It's Friday it's not like you have too much to do.” Spike said as Kitty realized that the bus was already at the stop.
 
“No! No it can't leave without me!” Kitty cried as she ran towards the bus that would get her back home. “Stupid idiot he saw me!”
 
“Now will you come with me?” Spike asked as he came to a stop beside her.
 
Kitty glared at him her dark blue eyes tearing up. “Can't you just back off?! I don't want you to bother me! I don't want you to be interested in me at all! You can't have me so screw off!”
 
“What's your problem you stupid girl?!” Spike yelled back at her harshly.
 
Kitty bit her lip as she wiped at her eyes. Then she shook her head and started walking home saying, “I have a lot of them, and you just aren't helping at all!”
 
Spike glared at her thinking, “I can't believe she's walking away from me, she's not even giving me a chance; she's just walking. Well you know what; forget her, I got a girl waiting for me at my new home to insure I stay.”
 
~
 
 
Kitty walked into the hotel turned boardinghouse that she called home. What only her close friends knew was that it was home to a gang, one that basically ran the city from behind the scenes. Cops, lawyers, every big shot that had a say in something, they all reported to her father, or some other high ranking person in the gang.
 
She would have given Spike a chance, but she didn't have a say in anything at the moment, she was payment so some guy would come into the gang and stay. He was apparently eighteen only a few months older then Kitty herself, but he was good at his job.
 
Her dad said that if he ever touched her in a way that she saw unfit he'd throw him out. Kitty was somewhat comforted to know that her father wasn't just throwing her to the dogs and saying “the hell with her”, and that he actually cared.
 
A guy on a motorcycle sped by and around the corner almost hitting Kitty before she jumped back up onto the corner. “Watch where you're going you dumbass!” Kitty yelled at the guy flipping him off, even though he couldn't hear, or even see her.
 
 
Once Kitty got to her home she saw the motorcycle in the parking lot. Kitty grinned at this, she could tell the guy off now, he was in the gang, no one crossed her and got away with it, especially when they worked for her father.
 
Kitty walked up to her dad who was talking to someone and asked, not paying attention to the other guy, “Hey dad who's the moron with the new bike outside he almost ran me over and I'm going to give him a piece of my mind not to mention I'm going to take a good portion out of his hind.”
 
“Well Kitten the bike would be mine, so I would be that moron that you're looking for.” The guy said turning to face her, and to Kitty's utter surprise, horror, and shock it was none other Spike. “I thought a little scare would be good for you, but I wouldn't have done that had I known I could have injured something of mine.”
 
Kitty shook her head and looked at her father pleadingly saying, “Not him…anyone but him…”
 
“Well I take it you two have met.” Gabriel, Kitty's father said. “But yes Laura him.” He stressed her name telling her not to step out of line this time.
 
Kitty glared at the ground and then off to the side, “Sorry I interrupted your conversation, I'll be in the training room if you need me, also dad if you could tell Blu and Pup I'm down there when they come to spend the weekend…”
 
“I'll be sure to do so.” Gabriel said watching his daughter, but before she left suggested, “Why don't you and Spike spar together.”
 
Kitty looked at her dad like he had sprouted wings and started playing a harp as she dropped her bag near the couch, before smirking and saying, “Sure thing dad, I'll spar with him.”
 
Spike followed after her his eyes following her hips lustfully as she put a little extra sway in them.
 
~
 
“Go Spike!”
 
“Come on Kitty you can beat him!”
 
“Yeah!”
 
“Woot!”
 
“Go Kitty”
 
“Yeah Spike!”
 
“Get'em!”
 
These were some of the things being shouted as Spike and Kitty fought it out. They had been going at it for about a half hour now, and had drawn quite a crowd.
 
“Come on Kitten face it, you've lost.” Spike whispered to her as her back hit the wall roughly.
 
“Not if my life depended on it.” Kitty growled at him as she slid her foot in-between his and then swept his feet out from under him. There was one flaw though, he was still holding on to her so she fell too.
 
“No but your prides on the line.” Spike said as he rolled them over so he was on top.
 
“Get off.” Kitty breathed heavily barely audible in the mist of all the cheering.
 
“Is that you saying that you've lost?” Spike questioned leaning down closer to her.
 
“…Yes, now get off me!” Kitty said loud enough for everyone to hear her.
 
The crowd congratulated them both on a good fight after Spike got up and helped Kitty up, before disbanding out of and around the room.
 
Spike led Kitty out of the room and up to the lobby before saying, “You didn't admit it Kitten.”
 
“I never will so forget about it.” Kitty said with a slight pant, still exhausted from the fight, as she dropped onto the two person couch, but before she could spread out, like planed, Spike sat next to her and pulled her close to him so she was basically laying on him.
 
“You know Kitten I've never seen a cat pant before.” Spike taunted her.
 
“Stop calling me Kitten…” Kitty said as she glared at him, trying to get up off him. “No one calls me Kitten and there's no way you're going to start the trend now.”
 
“I don't know if you realized Kitten but you're mine, so get over it.” Spike growled in her ear before letting her up off him.
 
Kitty flipped him off before walking away heading for the dinning room to get something to eat.