Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts Takes Over Christmas ❯ The Backstage Party ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I Athena A. Almond, do not own Kingdom Hearts or the play 'The Toys Take Over Christmas' by Patricia Clamp'

Pairing: Riku/Sora

Warning: There is shounen-ai in this fanfiction so if you don't want to be bitten all homophobes best stay away. The shounen-ai fairies aren't as violent as the yaoi fairies, but piss'em off and they will attack!
_______________________________________________________________ ________

Kingdom Hearts Take Over Christmas: Part Three (Epilogue)

The cast ends their final performance with a backstage party.

"Terrific job Sora!" Kairi beamed as she used the alcohol to remove the make up from her face. "Though, why did Riku do all that stuff?"

"I don't know Kairi." Sora looked at her and Riku returned from his bathroom break. He already had gotten out of costume and had returned to his normal clothing. "Hey Riku!" Sora smiled at his best friend who still had traces of red lipstick from his Captain cheeks. Riku grinned sheepishly as he joined the rest of the cast.


"Great work!" Mrs. Pember smiled as she wheeled in a tray with cookies and punch. "I think you guys earned this." She then looked at Riku. "I need to speak to our Captain for a moment though..." Mrs. Pember took Riku away from the rest of the group. "Riku, what were you doing?" She spoke in a whisper as the platinum haired boy trembled. He rubbed his arm and looked at his feet shyly.

"I was planning to tell Sora on my own, but it sort have just came out while I was on stage..." Tears welled in the boy's eyes as Mrs. Pember placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to be hard on you. It's just that I got a few complaints about the sudden outburst." Mrs. Pember told Riku, "The stage I suppose made it easier for you to say how you feel." Riku nodded.


"That is why I wanted to play the Captain after Sora volunteered to be Sunny." Riku smiled, "When I wasn't being me, I could tell him, but when I am, I can't."

"Nervousness right?" The teacher spoke as Riku nodded, "Well, you can join the others now." She let the boy return to the rest of the cast.

"Hey! I thought that there was going to be coffee and tea!" Wakka exclaimed as he looked into the punch bowl. The whole group laughed and joined in song.

"I love coffee, I love tea, I love everyone, and they love me!" The cast cheered and clashed their glasses together. Cid pulled off the beard and hat so that he could drink his.


"Riku," Sora spoke shyly after wiping the red from his upper lip, "Why did you say and do all those things? Don't try to get out of it either! I saw you look up my skirt!" Riku laughed, blushing a deep crimson.

"Didn't you notice how badly out of character I got when it came to relationships with Sunny and the Captain?" Riku asked as Sora nodded. "That is because I was trying to hint at my feelings you ape!"

"Oh!" Sora nodded, "What are feelings?"

"That wasn't funny Sora!" Riku growled at the boy. "I really meant what I said at the end of our performance." The sapphire eyes shimmered in the lights of the stage.

"Riku," Sora couldn't hold back his tears of joy anymore, "I'm sorry I didn't pay any attention!" He through his arms around his best friend.

"It's okay Sora." Riku told him.

"You guys, Mrs. Pember said that we can leave!" Selphie and Tidus smiled. "We all have to go now! Buh bye!" Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka all waved as they went through the metal door.

"We have a long journey back to our worlds now..." Squall sighed as Yuffie and Cid joined him. "See you some other time Sora!" They smiled and left the backstage area.

"Let's go home." Kairi beamed as they all went outside where their parents were waiting. Riku and Sora stayed back for a few extra mintues though.

"Sora, I really love you and I want you to be mine." Riku told him as his emerald eyes