Fan Fiction ❯ Newcomer ❯ Lost and Found ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: /Gosh, I hate these./ Ok. If I owned Teen Titans, The End part 3 would be out and lawyers would not be chasing me across the U.S.A. Sí? Sí. BTW, this a 100% Teen Titans story even though bending the elements belongs to Avatar: The Last Airbender which is Nick's. But Kira belongs to me and mind-bending is mí prima.(My cousin)
 
/.../= thinking
“...”=yapping
(A/N...) =author's note
*************************************************************
 
Chapter 1
Newcomer
 
/Must keep running./ I thought
 
My bending is useless against this...this thing. After running for an hour or so my breathing became shallow and my legs started to give away. I keep running out of pure adrenaline. Then I came to a dead end and 14 years flashed through my eyes at that moment.
 
/I'm to young to die./
 
Then the thing stops dead in its tracks. Suddenly, a blue stream of light shot through its center.
 
“What?” i whispered to myself.
 
The out of nowhere a flying girl in a purple tank top and skirt blasted these green circles into its chest right above the hole already placed there by the blue light. The thing was about to fall on me when i remembered that I'm a bender and used my air and fire bending to push him over in the other direction. “What happen to make it stop? Did it self-destruct or did someone stop it?” I whispered to myself.
 
“Hi” said a cheery voice from behind me. “Were the Titans” he continued as i turned around. “I'm Robin and this is Starfire.” He said pointing to himself and then the flying girl in the purple tank top and skirt combo. “I'm Beast Boy, but you can call me Beast Man, or B.B.” said a furry green boy a bit taller than me. “And I'm Cyborg. Nice to meet ya you can call me Cy.” commented a half-human half-robot machine. “I'm Raven. No nickname, no snappy comments, just Raven.” a gothic girl in a dark blue leotard and a cape of the same colour that covered all of her face but her eyes and her mouth.
 
“Hi. I-I'm Kira...the Bender.” I said staring at the Titans in awe. “Excuse me friend, but what is the term `Bender' imply.” said Starfire to Robin. “Well Star, a Bender is a person...a person...what is a bender actually.” said Robin to me. “I'll show you, watch.” I turned around and bended the air in to a form a ball that I sat on top of. As i sat on it the ball slowly floated upwards. “Whoa.” Cy said as he watched me float up until i was a dot in the sky. “Where did she go?” questioned B.B.
I jumped of the ball of air and let it disappear. Falling was easy; landing was when i needed to focus. As I saw the ground coming closer, I got into position. My hand was in a fist and my knees were bent slightly. When I reached the ground I punched my fist down which caused a slight ripple effect and that caused the Titans to stumble backwards. I stood up, dusted myself off, and smiled at Beast boy and Star.
“That...was...awesome dude.” B.B said grinning his famous grin. “Yeah, that was pretty cool.” said Robin. “Thanks.” I said mentally blushing. Luckily, I can't blush physically because I have dark skin. Thankfully it saves me physical embarrassment. “Kira, would you like to come back to the Tower with us so you could tell us more about yourself?” Robin asked me. “Oh yes, you must join us of the feasting of wheels of dough and a pie made of cheese and tiny, spicy, meat slices.” Star said, smiling. I guessed that she was talking about doughnuts and pizza. “Sure, but on one condition. Could we get a tofu pizza? I'm a vegetarian but I'll pay for it though.” I commented/asked.
At that moment Cy and B.B's mouths dropped open. “Did I say something?” I asked Robin. “Are you guys ok?” ask Robin. Cy was the first to speak. “Not another one!!!” he said with his head in his hands. “Why, why me?” he questioned the sky. “Is friend Cyborg feeling ok? Does he have what you call the `temporary insanity'?” Starfire whispered to Raven. “I...don't...know.” was Raven's answer. The Beast Boy piped up. “I...am not...alone.” he said, also looking up. “What?” I ask looking at him questionably as he did me earlier. “I'm a vegetarian too!” he said overly-excited.
“So you eat cheese and eggs?” I ask him. “No.” was all he said. My turn to have my mouth dropped open. “You don't eat cheese? If you don't eat cheese you can't eat Mexican food and Mexican is the best. Spicy yet mild. And the cheese. You've never had a quesadilla. I can't believe this. Being part Mexican I can't imagine not ever eating cheese. *No loco de quseo. Yo no puedo imaginarme ningún queso. Eso es pura locura. Todo alimento mexicano tiene queso. Yo nunca podría hacer eso. No puedo imaginar ningún queso en mi vida” *(No cheese is crazy. I can't imagine any cheese. That is pure madness. All Mexican food has cheese. I could never do that. I can't imagine any cheese in my life) Without realizing it, I started speaking Spanish.
“Whoa, snap out of it Kira!” Robin yelled as he shook me out of my trance. “Qué, I mean what?” I said. “You speak Spanish?” Robin asked. “Yeah, I'm Hispanic and African. In my culture.” I said rubbing the back of my neck, mentally blushing again. “There are some Hispanic Titans, Mas y Menos. They're part of Titans East.” Robin asked. “What's there power?” I asked “There twins. When they are touching they are fast but apart they're at normal speed.” Cyborg said. “Yes that is all `keen peachy' but can we go back to the Tower? It is becoming very chilled outside.” Starfire asked. “Yeah and is that pizza offer still up, cause I'm starving.” I said.
Raven and Starfire flew off in the direction of the Tower, Cyborg and Robin jumped in the T-car. “Beast Boy, ya coming?” questioned Cyborg. “Naw, I'm gonna walk back with Kira.” Beast Boy said looking at me. “Ok, your lost.” Was the last thing Cy said as he drove off. It was quiet. The Beast Boy said, “You know the tower is on an island, right?” I nodded “How will you get there?” he asked looking at me questionably...again. “You'll see.” was all I said. Silence. “Hey,” he piped up again, “wanna go for a ride?” he asked me. “Sure.” I answered. He turned into a pterodactyl, I got on his back and he flew towards the Tower.
 
 
A least on review. Por favor. 1 just one.