Fan Fiction ❯ Order Of Ours ❯ Until we meet again ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Episode 2
Until we meet again
 
Lights shined on Rydal as he sat in a metal chair in the middle of a dark room,
“Rydal do you have any idea what your actions caused here today?” Z inquired from his desk in front of him, “You clearly disobeyed strict regulations with the Paranormal Bureau and could have gotten yourself killed. Not only that but you were supposed to capture Roseboro and you failed at that as well. The only information we have is about the necromancer Dallan and what Renee found out about Aurel.”
“How many times are you going to repeat yourself,” Rydal growled crossing his arms over his now bandaged chest “I got this same crap from Renee and I don't need it from you.”
“Rydal! I am supposed to give a full report on his mission and send it to my superiors, I cannot skimp on the details because they will find out and then it will be my ass.” Z yelled slamming his fist on the desk; he sighed leaning back into his chair “you must cooperate with your team, why do you think I placed all of you together in this sector?”
“Because no one else wanted me.” Rydal plainly remarked getting up “if this has a point other than screaming at me than I'm out of here.”
“Actually it does, I'm sorry Rydal but the only way for others to learn and for you to learn is by example.” Z sighed again into his hands, “Rydal I am going to have to suspend you from your team.”
“What! You mean your kicking me out!” Rydal bellowed, “for this shit!”
“Rydal! I have to keep order in my sector and I have already been given orders to do so.” Z disputed, it dawned on Rydal right then
“You already sent out the reports didn't you?” He questioned angered, Z sadly nodded “bastard.”
“Name calling won't help your situation Rydal. The best thing for you is too take your punishment like a man and maybe you might be sent back here sooner.” Z advised fixing his sunglasses. “Your plane will be leaving in thirty minutes. Say your goodbyes and get packed.” Rydal hissed loudly at him flashing his deadly fangs before stomping out. “Perhaps they were right about this.”
Outside the double steel plated doors Renee and Davis were waiting and listening to the conversation inside.
“Dude what's Z saying.” Davis whispered impatiently.
“First of all my name is not dude, and second be quiet so I can listen.” Renee hushed pressing the side of her face to the door, “non de l'oh (oh my)(1)!” she yelped as the doors opened. Two strong arms caught her before she fell, “Rydal how good it is to see you.” She smiled as Rydal pushed her back up roughly; Renee dusted herself off a little offended. Rydal ignored Davis as he continued his fury walking down the fluorescent-lit hexagonal shaped white hallways, with white tile flooring.
“Man Rydal you don't have to be a jerk.” Davis sniped catching up with him on his right side as Renee took the left. “So what happened between you and Z?”
“Nothing important.” Rydal stated not bothering to look at him.
“Well I'm no clairvoyant but I know that's a lie.” Renee remarked giving Rydal a glance “so how bad was it?”
“I'm being shipped off to another sector for evaluation.” He informed causing the two to stop dead in their tracks. “I have thirty minutes before they take me away.”
“What all because of you cutting us off?” Davis blurted getting a smack in the ribs from Renee.
“Why can't you say that Roseboro's men used a frequency disruptor like they did with me?” Renee offered racing back to Rydal's side.
“Because Z already sent the reports out and it says that I destroyed my comlink cutting myself off from my sector which unless provoked by the enemy is strictly forbidden.” Rydal explained getting more whiled up thinking about it.
“But why in the world would Z do something like that? He always said we are like children to him.” Renee muttered in disbelief.
“Exactly!” Rydal shouted in their faces, his fangs growing sharper “we are children and he still treats us like were five year olds! We either follow the rules or get put in time out!” With that he retreated into an elevator going up.
“Weird, Z usually tries to change the reports to benefit us.” Davis piped, “What could have made him change.”
“My guess it's that it's not Z but someone else that helped in this.” Renee added looking at the empty elevator shaft.
Meanwhile Sakura and Vladimir were in the laboratory trying to find out more about Aurel from what Renee described.
“Renee told us that Aurel was a skilled Indy driver before his death in 1971” Sakura described mostly to herself than to Vladimir “but strangely there is no information about a driver named Aurel in any records.”
“Could Roseboro have been making it up, Renee said she used truth serum but it can't make a person entirely tell the truth.” Vladimir pointed out, turning to face Sakura
“Possibly, but Renee said that Aurel died in a car accident after drag racing in L.A.” Sakura tapped her chin in thought, “Ah, this doesn't make any sense!” She cried shaking her head.
“Perhaps some tea may help calm our frazzled nerves.” Vladimir offered getting up, Sakura nodded getting back to work on the computer. As Vladimir was about to walk out Rydal was coming in. “Oh greetings Rydal, how goes your meeting with Z?” Rydal shoved Vladimir aside “My word.”
“Sakura.” Rydal snarled turning her chair around so that she faced him. “I lost those pills Sufi gave me, I need some more.”
“Hmm, you still have about eight hours but I can get some more.” She smiled politely getting up.
“You didn't have to do so rude,” Vladimir commented brushing himself off.
“I can't waste time.” Rydal solemnly retorted as Sakura went into the locker to get the pills.
“By your look things didn't become jolly with Z.” Vladimir responded, “how much time do you have left.”
“Bout ten minutes.” Rydal told,
“Until what Rydal?” Sakura asked roughly tossing him the pills.
“Until I'm sent to another sector,” He answered getting tired of doing so. “Sakura maybe next time you shouldn't overreact.”
“You think that I am responsible for your plight?” Sakura huffed putting her hands on her hips. “You knew it was…”
“Don't you say it!” Rydal yelled clutching his fists. “I am sick as hell of hearing that dammed reason! I'm getting kicked out to make those suits happy so lets leave it at that!”
“I'm only saying.” Sakura quipped hurt by his sudden outburst of anger; he was always the calmest of the group. Rydal turned to leave as Sakura and Vladimir watched.
Time passed as Rydal exited the jet now wearing his normal attire; his only possession was his sword strapped to his back. He popped the top of the pill bottle taking one pill while he still had an hour left. He reset the tacky watch given to him by Sufi to go off after another twelve hours. The jet took off from the asphalt track set right outside a single white booth.
“Interesting.” Rydal commented noting that his surroundings were only the mat a forest surrounding it and the single booth. The sound of air sealed doors caught his attention as a middle aged woman came out; her golden tresses pulled up into a high bun as small glasses balanced on her round nose giving notice to her chocolate eyes, she wore a simple red business suit made for women and red high heel shoes. In her hands was a clipboard; she took a look at it before addressing Rydal,
“Rydal from sector 066 am I correct?” She posed, getting a curt nod from Rydal. “Welcome to sector 016, also known widely as the training facility for upcoming agents. My name is Cassandra, leader and operator.” She offered a polite hand to him, Rydal walked past her going into the booth as Cassandra shook her head smiling as she followed; the doors tightly closed going underground.
“Let's see, from the reports Z has given me you have quite a problem with rules.” Cassandra grinned flipping through a few pages on her clipboard. “You last mission involved a street drag racing which you deliberately cut yourself off with your sector unlike Renee who was disconnected by enemy influence, care to share why you thought that was a good idea.”
“I find it ridiculous that you guys get worked up over something like this.” Rydal snapped giving a sideways look.
“You all are precious assets to us, and plus we can't send your parents letters saying that your child died in boarding school. That would cause quite a problem.” Cassandra explained trying to add some dry humor.
“You needn't worry about notifying my parents of anything.” Rydal replied, “They died a long time ago.” He gave her a look,
“Oh don't worry Rydal I won't pry unless you want someone to talk to.” Cassandra defended waving her hand at him. “I can tell that your not happy about being sent at sector 016.” She took another look at her papers, “exceptional grades in all of our preparation tests.” She gave a sarcastic sigh, “and to think you are sent to where no agent wishes to come back to all because your team cannot cooperate.”
The doors opened to a hexagonal shaped white hallway lighted with fluorescent lights across the sides and white tiling for the floor. “For some reason the governments enjoy giving all sectors basically the same blueprints for construction, but thankfully we all have different tastes in interior decorating.” She beamed leading him down the hallway.
“What you said before, my team has worked together for months we don't need work on our collaboration skills.” Rydal quarreled,
“No but you do,” Cassandra faltered, “why else would you be here.” Rydal gave a low hateful growl “now, now Rydal look at it this way the faster you can prove to me that you can work with anybody and still follow our regulations even in tough situations then I'll send you back home.” They stopped in front of a room with a huge dark tinted window that only showed one's reflection. “Think of here as a home away from home.” She shoved him into the room after the door automatically opened. The room was black with a sky painted on the ceiling and another dark tinted window on the left side, obviously another room, there were computers lined up on a metallic desk that was a hallow semi circle. There were three teens in the room, one playing a dark blue electric guitar, one painting on a canvas and another painting his fingernails black.
“This is going to be fun.” Rydal responded sarcastically.
Meanwhile Davis, Renee, Vladimir, Sakura, and Sufi were in the laboratory contemplating their current situation.
“Man why did they have to take Rydal.” Davis complained while tossing a ball into the air as he sat in a chair.
“Yes they should have taken you, then room would be more peaceful.” Vladimir replied from his spot next to him as he sipped on a cup of tea.
“Shut it four eyes!” Davis shouted tossing his ball at him, but Vladimir ducked evading it. Renee caught it squeezing it to relive the stress building up in her.
“De toutes les choses les plus ennuyantes à faire! Pour enlever Rydal! Nous avons toujours Yon Roseboro à prendre vers le bas! Ces fichus costumes, ces crapes putréfiés (Of all the most annoying things to do! To take Rydal away! We still have Yon Roseboro to take down! Those damn suits, those rotten crapes)(2)!” She rambled pacing around the room.
“Ya think they'll replace Rydal?” Sufi piped sitting up in her seat.
“No, it will be some time until they try that and that's only if Rydal doesn't return.” Sakura made clear.
“Your guilt is misplaced Sakura.” Sufi sympathized mentally, “the most we can do is wait and try to get on with our lives until he comes back.”
“It's just like a little child with a toy, you don't want it until someone else takes it away.” Sakura sighed telepathically to her twin.
“I should be a little worried that you just compared Rydal to a toy.” Sufi quipped giving her a look.
“Hey what's up!” The boy playing the electric guitar waved, he had long ginger hair spiked up defying all logic of gravity, and his golden eyes had a playful mist within them as his long pointed ears wiggled; he wore a torn up dull brown shirt, baggy pale blue pants tucked into black toeless sandals. “My name's Vincent.” He raised his hand that had unnaturally sharp fingernails
“Demon.” Rydal noted shaking hands with Vincent.
“Wow really observant aren't we?” He mocked tucking his hands into his pockets; Rydal didn't bother to change his facial expression. “Okay only been two minutes and you've already creeped me out.”
“Les salutations Rydal mon nom est Francesca (greetings Rydal my name is Francesca)(3).” A young girl curtsied, she had fair blonde hair made into two braids, bright green eyes; and wore a full sleeved white blouse, v neck blue vest, an ankle length blue skirt with a white apron over it, and wooden clogs.
“Dutch?” Rydal questioned Vincent,
“Yep, worst part is that's the only thing she can speak. Sure she can understand other languages but she's afraid that if she stops speaking her native idiom then she'll forget and her family will never let her come back.” He told getting a soft glower from Francesca. “We're working on a universal translator ear piece that can stimulate the nerves in your ear to comprehend the language your most surrounded by.”
“Aimez-vous prendre un biscuit de sucre? Frais cuit au four (would you like to have a sugar cookie? Fresh baked)(4)!” Francesca smiled widely shoving a plate of cookies in Rydal's face.
“Uh no thanks.” Rydal declined,
“Hey soulless wonder you could be nice and introduce yourself.” Vincent huffed looking at the last member of his team finishing up painting his fingernails black.
He turned to face Rydal and Vincent; his face was pure white except for his piercing violet eyes, he had black eyeliner and lipstick on and his hair was a midnight black medium length coming right up to his shoulders as some of his bangs obscured his left eye from view. He wore a black fishnet top with nothing underneath it so it showed off his ungodly white skin, and tight black leather pants with many chains around his waists, lastly was his huge boots that had many buckles done and undone on them.
“My name is Nobody, I am nothing but a soulless shell wondering the earth for all eternity.” He muttered looking past the two into space.
“There he goes again.” Vincent sighed shaking his head, “he's great on stealth operations and he's pretty good when coming up with new weapons. He's even working on that universal translator I told you about, but sadly he's a full fledged Goth.”
“Quelle montre-bracelet adorable, mais pourquoi est-ce les régler à entrer au loin en onze heures de minutes fourty (what an adorable wrist watch, but why is it set to go off in eleven hours fourty minutes)(5)?” Francesca admired pointing at Rydal's watch.
“Um, because there's something I need to do before it goes off.” Rydal answered uneasy,
“Oh svp indiquent (oh please do tell)(6)!” she begged clasping her hands together with big begging eyes.
“Francesca he's a vampire.” Nobody informed getting up from his seat, “a blood sucking demon from beyond the grave, with a great lust for human blood that can't be quenched until all that's in his way is dead. I can tell from the unholy blue eyes you have, those eyes that even god himself can't bare to give to a mortal being because those eyes seeing nothing but the black empty void of death that well all have inside.” He added in an angst poetic converse.
“Je pense que ses yeux sont jolis (I think his eyes are pretty)(7).” Francesca disputed with a pouty tone. Rydal looked up too the sky painted ceiling wondering how long he can handle staying with these three amateurs. He rubbed his temples letting out a huge sigh,
“Even though this world is filled with the stench of death and we can never escape from it's cold grip on our throats, I managed to finish the universal translator.” Nobody added taking the tiny pinky nail sized clear earpiece out of his pocket showing it to everyone.
“Bout time.” Vincent snuffed grabbing the tool from his hands putting it into Francesca's left ear.
“The translator will automatically adjust itself in a matter of seconds.” Nobody informed as Francesca waited with a puzzled look on her face.
“I do not know if it works.” She piped her voice soft with her Dutch accent thick between her words. Everyone stared at her as she said her first English words. “What? Oh I did it! I spoke English!” she beamed jumping up and down for joy. “Thank you so much Nobody!” Francesca leapt on top of the Goth giving him a hug.
“Get off of me!” Nobody chocked out as he tried to get out of her death grip, “I thought only the hands of death itself could bring this much torture!” The Dutch girl twirled him around before letting him go.
“She's happy that's all.” Vincent chuckled getting a dark glare from Nobody.
“Happiness is a emotion all emotions are nothing but voids within our selves holding us back from the truth of society.” He ranted showing off his fake fangs.
“You should remove those fangs unless you want to be mistaken for an enemy.” Rydal warned, hating whenever humans tried so hard to become the one thing he loathed.
“Vampires are the only ones who know the truth of our world and what a disgusting place the media has turned it into.” Nobody explained, “which is why I respect you Rydal. Your knowledge of our world is only but one step to having everyone know of all the aspects of it.” Rydal felt a great amount of annoyance and pity for the make up covered human.
“Please tell me that you get a lot of missions.” Rydal sighed once again, feeling a dull headache coming on. Vincent was lying on the large semi circle table whistling as Rydal asked him the question, he thought for a moment,
“Nope.” He answered almost causing Rydal to fall down in shock.
“What?” The half vampire gawked,
“Hey remember this is a training sector. They give all of the good missions for the experienced agents.” Vincent told using air quotes for the word experienced.
“So you saying is that you're nothing but amateurs,” Rydal shook his head making a clicking noise with his tongue before going on “just perfect.”
“We are not amateurs.” Francesca defended, “we are as experienced as you are, we were just placed in a very low rated sector is all.”
“Duchess were in the very place were they teach you to fire a pistol, I think were at rock bottom.” Vincent put in quickly shutting her up. The sounds of the doors opening jerked them out of their conversation; Cassandra came in holding her traditional clipboard.
“Hello everyone,” She addressed “Rydal this is your lucky day as well as to the rest of you. I'm giving you four a very important mission.”
“Why didn't you call us into your meeting room?” Rydal posed as Cassandra went to the nearest computer placing a disk into the drive.
“This is the meeting room, remember Rydal this also doubles as a training facility and we get as much money as the government pays us.” She notified as a picture of an old Chinese man came up on the screen; he had his thin gray hair tied into a small ponytail, and wore a white kung fu suit with matching shoes. “This is Rong Yu, a renowned marital arts master and feared for his deadly methods used to defeat demons.” She gave a glance towards Vincent who gave a mere shrug. “Going on, Rong Yu was supposed to arrive here to provide schooling in his mastery for the more inexperienced agents when it came to facing demons or hand to hand combat in general.”
“Let me guess Rong Yu suddenly vanished without a trace?” Rydal guessed nonchalantly.
“Aren't you the genius.” Cassandra joked scrolling down on the computer screen “The last place Rong Yu was seen was in his home of Xian, China. No one knows how or why we would leave after giving us his word that he would come and Rong Yu never goes back on his word.”
“Maybe the old bat decided it was time to go into retirement.” Vincent replied crossing his arms over his chest.
“Rong Yu is still quite powerful, he could probably kick your sorry ass.” Cassandra sniped getting a grunt from the demon “Xian is the best place to start, find any information you can about Rong Yu and see if he had any enemies.”
“I thought these computers were supposed to have all attainable information in it.” Vincent argued,
“Attainable information, Vincent.” Cassandra corrected, “get any weapons you see needed and head out to the jet as soon as possible.” She finished taking the disk out and leaving. “Rydal,” she called getting the raven-haired male's attention “I hope you can follow your teams orders this time.”
A woman sat tied to a chair across from a table in a dimly lit room, she stared into the one-way mirror fiercely. Her black hair wiry and unkempt, her chocolate eyes glaring deeper and deeper as she flashed her vampirism fangs every now and then. The door to the left side of her slid open revealing Renee now in a cobalt turtleneck sweater, white skirt, white toeless sandals, and her hair was in a French braid lying on her right shoulder.
“Alright miss maid let's get down to business shall we?” Renee smirked taking a seat across from her. “How about we start with the basics, like what's your real name?”
“Go to hell human bitch!” The woman yelled her spit flying at Renee's face.
“You think Renee can keep her cool to question Roseboro's maid?” Davis posed to Vladimir from the other side of the one-way mirror looking at the two ladies.
“Only you can tell me Davis, you've known her longer than I have.” The British blonde retorted still intently watching the two. Slap! The maid's face slammed against the table as Renee's hand made contact.
“That's a big fat no.” Davis smirked lightly leaning back in his chair.
“You may be our prisoner for the time being but that doesn't mean I can't make right now worse than hell for you.” Renee whispered low and dangerously. “Now what do you know about Dallan and his plans with Roseboro?”
“Why in the world are you asking me?” The she vampire snapped getting her face off of the table licking the blood that trickled down from her mouth. “I'm just a measly maid.”
“Yes but your also a maid that hung around Roseboro all the time, my guess is that you could have easily sneaked a peek at Dallan or eavesdropped on their conversations.” Renee quipped getting into her face. Which was a bad idea as the maid tried to bite her nose off. Renee retraced in time striking a right hook at her, causing her to fall over. “I can do this all day.”
“Well at least she's not screaming in French.” Davis assured looking over at Vladimir who was still in alarm over Renee's interrogation techniques.
“Dites-moi au sujet de ce que vous savez de Dallan et de Roseboro que vous damnez le sang suçant le démon de l'enfer (Tell me about what you know of Dallan and Roseboro you damn blood sucking demon from hell)(8)!”
“Vlad I think you should go in there before she ends up killing our only source.” Davis advised closing his eyes trying to drown out Renee's hot tempered yelling. Vladimir looked over at Davis like he was kidding, but sadly he wasn't, sighing he got up heading over to the interrogation room.
“Yes why don't you kill me?” The maid questioned from the floor blood pouring out of a gash from her forehead and a large bruise forming around her right eye. “It would be better than listening to your incoherent banshee shrieks.” Renee was about ready to take out a spare pistol she always carried and putting a hot silver bullet through her head. “I can see it in your lovely eyes, if I could move I would rip them out and eat them.”
“Si vous voulez un chemin rapide vers l'enfer puis je vous enverrai là (If you want a fast way to hell then I will send you there)(9)!” Renee shouted taking her pistol out from a halter strapped to her left leg.
“Renee stop it!” Vladimir yelled grabbing her gun before she could fire. “What in the world are you thinking? You know she's just doing this to get your whirled up! You can't let her get under your skin.” He coaxed putting a comforting hand on her shoulder. “Perhaps someone else should do the questioning.”
“Ha, he thinks that your too weak to deal with me or are you too much of a hot head to deal with a simple q and a?” The vampire maid purred mischievously. Renee's hands shook with unkempt rage, Vladimir made sure to get her out before she ripped the pistol from his hand and really does shoot her. Vladimir watched as Renee stomped off, probably to find a shooting range where she can blow off some steam.
“And it was your idea to have Renee question her.” Davis sighed as he leaned out the doorway to the room connected to the interrogation room.
“For once Davis your actually right about something,” Vladimir agreed “a nice change.” He added walking off.
“What!” Davis shirked hearing the slur directed at him “why don't you come back and say it you freaking panty wasted wuss!” he yelled shaking a fist at Vladimir as he walked off. Once again the door to the interrogation room opened revealing Sakura,
“Oh thank goodness, I was starting to get bored.” The maid sighed sarcastically; Sakura just took a seat right in front of the maid. “Aren't you going to question me or get straight to the beatings?” she asked baring her fangs. Sakura sat still her black almond eyes gazing right into her chocolate ones. “A staring contest aren't we a little old for that?” she mocked leaning forward some.
“I may have only been here for a short time but I do know that Sakura is our best bet if we are to get information out of our prisoner.” Vladimir noted to Davis from the other side of the one-way mirror.
“Yep, cool, collected even in the face of danger plus the fact that she can pry into people's subconscious is pretty sweet.” Davis put in, leaning back in his chair.
“My name is Emma Wright.” Emma spoke to Yon Roseboro, Sakura could now see through her eyes. She could now see all of Emma's memories and thoughts swirling in a mass all she needed to do was pick out the right one. Now Emma was standing next to Yon pouring him a glass of red wine as another woman was behind him, a blonde with olive green eyes, giving him a massage. Her name is Kay Cornelio; both of them were wearing scandalous maid's outfits.
“Arrogance always brings down a great man, even a king Mr. Roseboro.” A man wearing a black hooded cloak stated, Emma couldn't help but gaze into his ruby eyes with a strange unnatural yellow ring around the pupil and his hair was a wild brunette.
“I'm not arrogant, it's just these gamblers are dirt dumb. Aurel is undefeatable and yet they still are intent to bet against him! It's a win win situation Dallan, I get richer and you get all of the corpses you want. The hard part is getting them out of the cars.” Yon Roseboro laughed coughing some. “I should have made undead spirits my slaves years ago. A little spell here a little resurrection here and boom you get an immortal servant that won't question you or ask for pay!”
“All I ask is for you not to lose focus.” Dallan warned,
“My focus is always money and I'll never stop loving it!” Roseboro joked again; Dallan looked away his eyes slowly catching Emma's. No matter how hard she tried she couldn't rip her eyes away from his. “If you like her I can sell her to you for a price.” Emma's body was shaking as Roseboro laughed at his own jokes watching Dallan take his leave. Emma quickly moved herself to the bar in order to calm down as soon as Dallan left.
Sakura exited Emma's mind as she got up, Emma herself shook her head tying to get rid of the strange fog within it.
“Aren't you going to grill me?” Emma posed watching, as Sakura was about to leave,
“I already did.” Sakura told departing from Emma. Vladimir and Davis were coming out of the other room as Sakura left.
“Was she useful?” Vladimir inquired joining her as they walked down the halls.
“The only useful information that Emma had was that she knew what Dallan looks like and I doubt she'll ever forget. She was so terrified of him, paralyzed with fear I couldn't continue to pry as it began to resurface.” Sakura explained entering the laboratory.
“So we got what Dallan looks like but that's not a lot to go by.” Davis heaved a sigh taking a seat. “Let's try tracking Roseboro down again he's the closest were going to get to Dallan.”
“Yes and I will join you on this field mission.” Sakura added causing the two to jump.
“What but you've never been on a field mission!” Davis cried wide-eyed “you and Sufi are…”
“Yes I know” she interrupted “are mental link is strong but if we do find Roseboro then we need to get all of the information we can right there. There's no need to risk bringing him here if it's not needed and I can pry into minds Sufi can't.”
“Yes but whatever happens to you there will happen to Sufi here.” Vladimir exclaimed a bit soother than Davis.
“I know the risks and if I go on a field mission then Sufi will too. We do have a mental link remember, whatever I see she sees. I'm not an idiot and I will be careful, please you know that my powers are an asset at this time.” Sakura pleaded, the two couldn't help but give in.
“Fine, we'll find Roseboro's location then you and Davis will investigate.” Vladimir instructed.
“If we kill Sakura and Sufi before Rydal gets back then he'll kill us.” Davis thought blanching.
“Welcome to our tools storage room.” Francesca beamed from the other side of the one-way mirror in their main room. “Since we don't know what you'll be up against, you'll get the standard silver pistols with silver bullets” she informed taking the pistols out and handing two to each of them “what I like to call stun darts” she gave a magazine of the darts to each of them “they can put anyone into a unrelenting paralysis until you give them the antidote” she gave them three green darts each.
“Why three?” Vincent asked putting the darts in his pocket.
“Do you think you'll need to use that many darts?” Francesca posed pouting at him “continuing on, here are sleeping darts” she handed a magazine to each of them “and yes Vincent I have your favorite toy.” The demon grinned brightly at the thought of it, she gave him what looked like two metal rings with a glowing blue pad on the bottom of each, he slid them onto his hands the pad going onto his palms.
“Explain.” Rydal demanded looking at the strange tool given to Vincent.
“These help Vincent carry his most treasured weapon.” Francesca began as the ginger haired demon clapped his hands together pulling them apart as a golden handle formed in his palms. With a giant quake Vincent was now leaning on a mammoth sized hammer that weighed exactly 500 pounds. Rydal took a few steps back astonished at the bulk of the hammer.
“Those rings are actually sort of a shrinking ray,” Francesca explained “by clapping the two glowing pads together it creates a reaction in the subatomic universe that the hammer exists in. Because of the weapon's size as you can see it makes it nearly impossible to carry around discreetly, the pads are the key to everything break the pads and it could possibly cause Vincent himself to well implode on himself and become trapped in the subatomic universe never to return.”
“Quite a risk for a mere weapon.” Rydal commented as Vincent clapped his hands together again making the hammer vanish.
“You have to work with the baby to know her skills.” Vincent remarked chuckling. “We'll keep in touch Francesca!” He yelled as he and Rydal ran out to begin their mission.
People ran about through the city of Xian as Vincent and Rydal stood right in the middle of the busy street,
“Okay Goth glory which way do we go now?” Vincent questioned to his team back at sector 016.
“Take a right and it should be at the edge of a forest, owned by Rong Yu himself.” Nobody informed with a bored tone of voice. As they reached the martial arts studio they had to awe at the structure of it, it was built exactly like the palaces back in the olden times of China only miniaturized. It had a gold roof, red poles and the rest of it was a pale brownish white. They entered through the gates slowly as it appeared to be that no one was inside but looks can be deceiving.
“Holy!” Vincent gaped but covered his mouth as he opened the large golden doors to the building. There were around fifty people dressed in white kung fu suits sitting on their knees with their eyes closed; the different ages and ethnics were immense.
“We should try to enter without making a commotion, it looks like they are in the middle of meditating.” Rydal observed looking the bamboo walled room over, he saw a sliding door at the far right corner “we should take that door.”
“Why? These jokers could have some information we need.” Vincent replied,
“I highly doubt that interrupting their training is necessary.” Rydal lightly put as the demon wondered in. “We should talk to the rest of our team,” he whispered loudly.
“Humph, your only saying that cause you got you ass chewed out for breaking the rules.” The cocky demon mocked getting a low growl from the half vampire. “Hey excuse me!” He yelled loud enough for every student in the studio to hear. “We're wondering if you can give me any info on Rong Yu.”
“Demons!” A middle aged Chinese student shouted jumping up from his spot, as did each one. The apprentices circled around the two inhuman beings with a hungry look for fighting in their eyes.
“We knew that you dammed demons would slip up and come back!” A younger African boy roared pointing an accusing finger at the two.
“Look you've got it all wrong,” Rydal fortified holding his hands up “we're from the Paranormal Bureau. The same place your master was supposed to be joining before he vanished.”
“Vanished! You kidnapped him and we want him back!” A teenaged Japanese student yelled getting into a stance.
“The guys' right,” Vincent concurred taking his badge out “this makes us official.” The fifty humans looked at the demon's insignia, which was gold with an eye in the middle with claw marks on it.
“You could have easily stole it you foul demons!” Middle aged balding American bellowed from the back of the crowd getting a chorus of agreement from the rest.
“Obviously Rong Yu didn't have enough time to teach these fools of one's soul that not all demons have evil intentions.” Nobody sighed placing his head on his hands as he listened in on the comlink.
“Oh I hate that our satellites can't see through walls.” Francesca whined biting her lip as her teammates were getting into a tight situation.
“We could always use the thermal lens to sort of see inside.” Nobody recommended getting a joyful squeal of delight from the Dutch blonde. They switched the lens on the satellite following Vincent and Rydal's movements to the thermal lens getting a surprise as they looked onto their computer screens.
“My there's a lot of people!” Francesca piped,
“My guess is that the two in the middle are our mindless wonders.” Nobody sighed again “at least this will make for a non boring mission for us.” Francesca gave a loud humph at his comment hating whenever her friends were in danger.
The undergraduates of Rong Yu were getting severely close to the two males yelling profanities and slurs at them.
“I take twenty five and you take twenty five.” Vincent smirked cracking his knuckles.
“These are innocents, they just need to be convinced that we're not the enemy.” Rydal told a single bead of sweat rolling down his face.
“Look we aren't exactly the kind of people that they trust, and I think beating them until they get it is the only way.” Vincent added as they went back to back.
“Die demons!” The middle aged Chinese man from the beginning yelled as they leapt after the two. The students came at Vincent and Rydal ten at a time, preventing any offensive from the two.
“Whoa!” Vincent yelped ducking from a roundhouse kick, he fell with a thump as someone swept him off his feet landing him on his back. He rolled out of the way from a group stomp pulling out his pistol filled with tranquilizer darts. “Nighty night boys!”
Rydal had already pulled out his pistol shooting anyone who came to close for comfort.
“We only have ten tranquilizer darts and ten stun darts along with three antidotes for them.” Rydal contemplated as someone came down with a katana, Clang! The sound of metal clashing filled the air as Rydal used his right hand to have a sword fight and his other arm for a fistfight. “This is impossible we're out numbered!”
“Don't you think I've figured that out!” Vincent shouted over his comlink as he was punched in the gut and then kicked in his back. “Damn I didn't think they be this good!” He cried out in pain as his hand carrying his pistol was stepped on, he let go as it slid across the floor. He did a handstand spinning around with his legs stretched out kicking away some of the students before flipping back onto his feet.
“I have the upper hand now!” A blonde haired teenage boy grinned darkly holding his pistol filled with both stun darts and tranquilizers.
“Oh crap!” Vincent screamed as he fired off stun darts, he leapt out of the way but was brought down by blows to the back of the neck. Before he landed on the ground Vincent recovered handing on his hands springing back up.
Rydal was in a circle defending off many humans and blocking various attacks with his sword.
“Vincent I'm going to use a latent gas bomb.” Rydal notified over his comlink taking the gray tennis ball sized capsule. He threw it down on the ground the bomb going off with a puffing sound and the yellowish smoke billowing out of it. The two agents managed to get out as everyone exposed to the substance fell into a drug-induced sleep.
They panted stopping in alleyway a block away from the studio.
“Vincent next time follow my lead!” Rydal shouted brushing some sweat off his face. “We could have been killed!”
“How was I supposed to know that,” Vincent's words fell short as he slid down the brick wall, his hands falling limply at his sides and his head falling forward. Fearing that he passed out Rydal rushed over tilting his head back up to find that he was thankfully still awake.
“Vincent?” The raven-haired halfling picked up his toned right arm dropping it; it was limp as a wet noodle. “You idiot you got hit by a stun dart didn't you?”