Fan Fiction ❯ Quest for the Master Sword ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
chapter 7

A/N: Okay, I'm trying to update all my stories! Now who wants to babysit my adorable six-week-old son while I do so? :) (*note* He will be 9 months old on 9/16.)

And of course there's Link/Zelda romance here (though it's cartoon Link/Zelda)! I'm addicted! It's an addiction I don't want to be rid of! And now, on with the story....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So startled were Link and Zelda that they did not have time to react before they were seized by a couple of Stalfos. "Hey, hands off, you boneheads!" Link snarled as he and Zelda struggled.

Ganon dismounted his giant beetle and laughed softly. "At last, after all these years--the Master Sword!" he gloated. He walked over to the vine-covered sword and slowly, deliberately he walked around it, admiring it, rubbing his enemies' noses in his victory. Finally, he reached out to touch the sword.

Suddenly, Ganon shrieked as he seemed to be shocked by the sword. White bolts of magic shot up from the sword's handle, burning Ganon's hand.

Zelda smirked. "That sword was also called Evil's Bane, Ganon. Or did you forget that over the centuries?"

Ganon was busily shaking his burned hand and blowing on it. He stopped when he heard Zelda's words. "Then Link will get it for me."

"Think again, pig-face," snapped Link.

Ganon sauntered over to where a Stalfo was holding a still-struggling Zelda. "Take the princess to my Underworld chambers," he ordered. "If Link won't cooperate, I'll kill her."

"Wait!" said Link as the Stalfo started dragging Zelda to an Underworld entrance.

The Stalfo paused. Ganon looked at Link expectantly.

"I'll get the sword," Link sighed.

"Any funny business and you'll be a widower," Ganon reminded him as the Stalfo released him.

Link walked over to the sword and gripped the handle. He pulled, and the sword easily slid out of the pedestal. As soon as he had the sword in his hand two Stalfos grabbed his arms.

"Now let's all head over to the Temple of Time, where Link will assist me in returning to the past and taking over Hyrule!" Ganon said happily.


Zelda was trying to come up with a means to escape as she and Link were marched eastward, to the ruins of the Temple of Time. She was feeling nauseous again and she wanted nothing more at that point than to go to bed and lie down.

Perhaps she could use her condition to her advantage. She relaxed her body, letting herself collapse. The startled Stalfo wound up letting go of her.

"Get up, Princess!" Ganon shrieked. "I'm not in the mood for these games!"

"It's normal for her to pass out, she's pregnant," Link told him. He wasn't sure if Zelda was faking it, but he had told the truth.

"Oh really," Ganon drawled. "Just pick her up and let's get going!"

Just as the Stalfo bent to lift the princess, she gave it a good kick. The two Stalfos holding Link were so startled that Link was able to free himself from their grasp. "Zelda--here!" He tossed her his sword--he was going to give the Master Sword a try.

"Good thing you've been teaching me how to use this thing!" Zelda called as she started zapping Ganon's servants.

"NOOO!!!" Ganon howled. "Get them, get them!"

Link paused long enough to throw a bomb, which exploded and sent a good number of Ganon's servants back to the Evil Jar. Ganon stood frustrated on the sidelines as Link and Zelda dispatched the entire army.

Finally it was Link and Zelda against Ganon. "How about you give us back the Spiritual Stones and the Ocarina of Time?" Zelda suggested, as she and Link pointed their swords at him.

Ganon looked from Link to Zelda and back. Link's normal sword was bad enough, but that Master Sword would put Ganon out of business permanently. "Fine! Here!" he shrieked as he threw the jewels and the ocarina at them and made off for a nearby Underworld entrance. "But don't think you've seen the last of me!"

Link and Zelda located the jewels and the ocarina. "I guess you were faking it," Link said to Zelda as he placed the items in his belt pouch.

Zelda nodded. "I wasn't sure if I'd be able to pull it off. Now let's go get Catherine, and head home. I'm going to have a special vault made for these items, and I'm going to have guards posted. Ganon may not be able to handle the Master Sword, but as we saw he'd probably be able to manipulate someone."

"Yeah, let's get going. I don't think Ganon's going to give up that easily," Link agreed. "That was too easy."


Ganon sat brooding on his throne in the Underworld. "I'll let you get away this time, Link and Zelda," he muttered. "But just you wait. When your child is ready to be born, I'm going to be there."


EPILOGUE

Link and Zelda made it home after relatively few battles with Ganon's minions. Soon after that a vault was constructed for the Spiritual Stones and the Master Sword.

Upon learning that his daughter was expecting her first child, King Harkinian had it announced. He could hardly wait to see his grandchild.


A/N: It doesn't end here! Be sure to look for an upcoming story in this series, called "Ganon's Plot." This is the first book in a series. "Ganon's Plot" is second, and "Ascension," which is already up and finished is third, with "Downfall" fourth and "Interim" fifth. "Interim" is still unfinished, but after that will come a sixth book, "Reclamation."