Fan Fiction ❯ Rebirth ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Rebirth by AW Universal

HP is not mine.

CH 1: Birthday/ Prologue

Harry was watching the clock, waiting for midnight. It would be his birthday and the gifts from his friends would be arriving soon. In reality, it was an excuse to not go to sleep yet. He was now living a nightmare; Voldie had come back and he wanted revenge on Harry because at age one Harry had been able to throw the killing curse right back at Voldie. Now, every noise, every sound, from heavy breathing to the squeaky step, sent Harry whirling around. The Dursleys thought that Harry was scared of them.

`Being with the Dursleys is much better than being near or with Voldie.' Harry thought again. `Darn it! Hurry up midnight! I want something to do besides reread my school books for the zillionth time!'

Harry could only hope and pray that Voldie wouldn't find him any time soon. He wasn't going to have any peace until Voldie was dead and his death eaters were stopped. `Maybe I should write a couple more feet for my potions essays. That way he can't take points off for it being too short.'

Harry focused on the clock, trying to get his mind off his persistent, ever-present thoughts. He blinked; the clock read 12:01. He turned toward the window in time to see 10 owls fly in. Two of them were carrying a trunk, which landed with a thud. He didn't move, for fear of waking up the Dursleys. Dudley gave a big snore and Harry breathed easier. He untied all the letters and packages and the owls flew off. Hedwig and an unknown owl were the only ones left. Hedwig went to her cage once freed from her delivery. The last owl was on the floor. Once freed, the owl looked at Harry, bowed, and flew off. Harry wanted something familiar and went to Ron's gift first.

It was a broom case with a letter going on about his new dress robes and Harry hopefully coming over to stay. Hermione's was a book on defensive and offensive tactics and a letter warning him to be safe. The letter from the Weasley's said for him to stay safe and that everyone pitched in to get him the trunk (A/N: It is like Moody's.). The twin's letter told him that their gift, a sample of everything they'd made so far, was in the trunk and that they did as asked and got Ron new dress robes. Hagrid sent a sword of all things. His letter said it was a giant's dagger and that Harry needed to be very, very careful. Sirius sent a gold necklace and a gold band ring with a letter explaining that the jewelry was charmed to deflect most spells except for the Unforgivables, but he still needed to be cautious. Moonie also gave him a necklace; only this one had clear beads on it. His letter explained that each bead could be assigned to a person and they'd have the protection of the gold jewelry and he'd need to tell Madame Pomfrey about the jewelry because they block healing spells as well as harmful ones and a note to stay safe. His Hogwarts letter said he was a Perfect and his school list was longer than ever.

`Sheesh! Everyone's warned me "to be safe!" Don't they think I KNOW!!' Harry thought. The only thing left was the tiny box.