Fan Fiction ❯ Sin Fate Envy ❯ The Bus And Lunch ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Much much love to my one reviewer!...yeah that's right I said one! But oh well *shrugs*
Also to all of you who are wondering when this slow story's going to take off it's soon! Like next chapter or two soon!
 
^_^
 
Besides Fate and Envy almost having a heart attack when Sin wasn't in her bed, and them scaring Jean, nothing out of the ordinary happened that morning. The bus ride, for lack of better words, was interesting though.
 
 
“Sin would you just sit still!” Fate said as Sin attempted to scoot to the absolute edge of the seat, without falling off. “Angelus could care less about the fact you're sitting there…again.”
 
“I care, he looks way too happy.” Sin whined as she found herself back in the same position as yesterday, right up beside him.
 
“Everything seems normal.” Envy said with a broad smile playing on her lips.
 
“This is horribly wrong.” Sin grumbled crossing her arms over her chest.
 
“Did this happen the other day too?” Jean asked from the spot behind Fate and Envy's seat.
 
“Yup.” Fate said with a nod. “Sin's falling for him too.”
 
“I hate him with a passion.” Sin said poking Angelus lightly in the ribs a few times to see if he'd let go, or if he was ticklish, apparently he wouldn't and wasn't.
 
“If you really did hate him you would have hit him by now.” Fate said in a matter of fact way.
 
“Oh let her pretend, I'll get her soon enough.” Angelus said with a grin as he retuned to looking out the window when Sin stopped poking him.
 
“So Fate, did you have a class with Phoenix?” Envy asked as Sin calmed down and stopped drawing the attention of the bus.
 
“Yup we share a desk in science.” Fate said with a shrug. “He seemed nice enough.”
 
“He is.” Angelus said looking over at them. “His best quality apparently is his eyes and the fact that he hasn't dated as much as me.”
 
“Is she asleep or zoned out?” Envy asked eyeing Sin, surprised she hadn't made a comment about the last part of his statement. Everyone had been thinking it but Envy actually said it, that's mostly how it went.
 
“Sleeping…” Angelus said looking down at her with a hint of worry, though no one saw it.
 
“Well wake her up, we're here.” Fate said as the bus stopped.
 
~Lunch~
 
“Angelus scram, would you.” Sin said as she shoved some books into her locker, and took others out.
 
“I'm going to sit with you at lunch, so I might as well wait for you.” Angelus said with a shrug.
 
“Now I know why everyone gets their books after lunch.” Sin mumbled as she walked down the hall to the lunch room.
 
“Yeah that way no one can easily follow you around unless you want them too, that and everyone else has something better to do then to get ready for the class that they have in over a half hour.” Angelus said as they walked in the lunch room.
 
“That and to be first in line for lunch, you take the time to get your stuff and you'll be at the end of that ridiculously long line.” Sin said sitting next to Envy.
 
“Hey Phoenix.” Angelus said sitting next to Sin. “But you bring a lunch so-.”
 
“So, your point is?” Sin cut Angelus off.
 
“You don't need to rush.” Angelus said with a lazy grin. “You can take your time and I'll get to keep you company.”
 
“Whatever.” Sin said looking around the lunch room. “So where's Jean? I'm not going to get in trouble if she starts whining that she had no one to sit with.”
 
“Dinning with the cheerleaders as it seems.” Fate said motioning to a group at the other end of the room.
 
“I see, at least now we don't have to baby-sit her.” Sin said drinking some of her soda.
 
“She seemed kind of nice though.” Envy said from behind her sandwich.
 
“She used to be.” Sin said with a shrug. “She might be. I suppose I'm not the person to ask, we don't like each other.”
 
“I don't like her, but I guess people can change.” Fate said with a feeble shrug.
 
“Not many do.” Angelus said drinking some of his soda.
 
“Am I the only one out of the loop on this one?” Phoenix asked after finishing his drink.
 
“Angelus shouldn't be in the loop…” Fate said looking between him and Sin, “but apparently he's in the loop on this one.”
 
“It took me a month, and Fate telling me what happened, to be in the loop.” Envy said a little shocked. “How come he gets to be in the loop and you haven't even known him for a week, and also you claim not to like him?”
 
“I let it slip.” Sin said with a slight shrug not wanting to go any farther onto the subject.
 
“When did you two run into each other?” Fate asked still looking between the two, she didn't want to give up so easy.
 
“While I was walking around the other day.” Sin said with a quick glance at Angelus.
 
“She was taking a seat outside a coffee shop.” Angelus said with a shrug as he glanced at Fate.
 
“Oh…” Fate and Envy said, obviously believing the lie.
 
“How about something I'm in the loop about?” Phoenix said throwing his trash away.
 
“Who is whose partner in English?” Envy asked looking around the table.
 
“Me and Sin don't have your English teacher…” Angelus said shaking his head. “But apparently I missed out, not getting to be partnered up with Sin.”
 
“I'd hang my self first.” Sin said shaking her head.
 
“Not like you two would get anything done.” Fate said shaking her head.
 
“Me and Fate are partners in English.” Phoenix said stopping the argument before it got started as he leaned on the table boredly, not entirely satisfied with this topic, but happy it was something he at least knew about.
 
“This is horrible; I got some one I don't even know…” Envy huffed.
 
“Jo is a good guy; I'll have him sit here tomorrow.” Phoenix said with a slight nod. “That way you two can talk in, to say the least, a friendlier atmosphere.
 
“He doesn't really talk much, but he's smart.” Angelus said with a shrug.
 
“Oh really?” Envy asked with interest, her eyes glowing.
 
“Oh no…” Sin groaned hitting her head against her hand. “Not now… Not today…”
 
“What?” Phoenix and Angelus asked looking between Envy and Sin.
 
“You just described Envy's dream guy.” Fate said as she threw her soda away, having already trashed her sandwich before Sin and Angelus came in.
 
“He's the strong silent type…that didn't seem to me the type of guy you went for.” Angelus said looking at Envy.
 
“Not everyone's like Sin, Angelus, and wants someone arrogant, and loud.” Fate said knowing it would get a rise out of her friend.
 
“I don't like him…nor do I want him in anyway!” Sin grumbled.
 
“Sin you know that's not what she meant!” Envy said almost choking on her sandwich.
 
“Grow up will you Envy…” Fate and Sin said shaking their heads.
 
“But you will want me in time.” Angelus said with a grin as he scooted closer to Sin.
 
“Back off…” Sin whined as she scooted so far over she was almost sitting on Envy's lap.
 
“And this is so proof to my wonderful theory.” Fate said with a large, sly smile.
 
“I'll get you!” Sin threatened as she glared over at her friend.
 
~
“Today was much, much easier.” Envy said as the four girls got off the bus.
 
“Yeah it was.” Sin and Fate agreed almost simultaneously.
 
“How was your day Jean?” Envy asked as Jean hopped down.
 
“Good, everyone I met seemed nice.” Jean said with a smile towards Envy.
 
“Pick your friends wisely.” Sin offered gently. “We both know what it's like to have fake friends.”
 
“I will.” Jean said with a nod.
 
Fate smiled at Jean, showing she had no hard feelings; it was just that she had nothing to say. Jean returned the smile warmly. She was relieved that Sin hadn't told Fate and Envy to treat her badly.
 
Sin was going to keep her word to Mr. Nell. She would get along with Jean the best she could, but she would only stick around her as long as absolutely necessary. Sin wasn't going to fake being Jean's friend, not for anyone or anything in the world.
 
Once in the house everyone finished the little homework they had and went their separate ways. Sin had offered to let Jean come along to Mr. Nell's shop, but she declined and went out back to help Mrs. Nell in the garden.