Fan Fiction ❯ Sora goes Ghetto ❯ Introducing Mr. Sub-plot! ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Wow, I haven't worked on this story in over two months! YEEK! Sorry about that. Anyway, I'm here now to work!
 
J. Crown: Glad you like the story! If you release the heartless on me, which ones would you release? The cute shadowy ones you first fight when you start Kingdom Hearts? ^-^
 
Disclaimer: Kingdom Hearts does not belong to me.
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
The whole gang (save for Sora and Squall) were in the living room watching Chocobo races on the TV. Cloud looked as his beloved Golden Chocobo which was being professionally ridden by his friend Cid.
 
“That Cid! He is such a great racer! Look at how Dinner is winning!” Cloud said.
 
“Um, Dinner?” Ansem asked, looking up from the book he was reading.
 
“Yeah, that's what I named my Chocobo. I was eating dinner when it was born, so I named it Dinner!” Cloud replied happily.
 
“So it took you a long time to think about a special name for it.” Riku said, sarcastically. Tidus looked at the TV sadly to see Rikku trying to race with a Chocobo.
 
“Say Tidus, why is your Chocobo going in the other direction?” Selphie asked.
 
“Um, well this lady at the Calm Lands back in my world said that if I could train a Chocobo by myself, I could have it for free. However, she didn't mention part the training required it being hit in the face multiple times with a Blitzball and getting pecked to death by Seagulls.” Tidus explained.
 
“Ya, it wasn't even worth it once we got it.” Wakka added.
 
“You kids spend so much time in such frivolous activities.” Sephiroth said, as he was standing in the darkest corner of the room.
 
“Well it's not like trying to destroy a world with a meteor is that great a hobby either.” Kairi said.
 
“Sure it is! People talk about you everywhere! You can get so much publicity by doing that!” Sephiroth replied. Squall walked down the stairs slowly as the others were talking about Chocobos. He was hoping no one would notice him, but nothing in the worlds could get past Cloud.
 
“Squall?” Cloud said as he looked at the brunette. “What are you wearing?”
 
“Well... IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!! SORA CORNERED ME AND PUT ME IN THIS RIDICULOUS OUTFIT!! NONE OF IT IS LEATHER, I LOVE LEATHER!! IHATEITIHATEITIHATEIT!!!” Squall yelled as he ran down the stairs in front of the blonde.
 
Cloud took the time to inspect so-said outfit. Navy Blue slanted hat. White T-shirt, navy blue baggy pants, and a medallion.
 
“It looks good though.” Cloud said, trying to comfort his friend.
 
“GOOD?! He took my mascara too!” Squall yelled. (Don't tell me otherwise, if you look closely at the FMVs of Squall in Final Fantasy VIII, it looks as if he is wearing mascara.)
 
“At least he didn't try to cut your hair.” Ansem commented.
 
“Actually, he did try to cut my hair. I threatened to summon Ifrit.” Squall replied. Cloud smiled, he doubted Squall would really hurt Sora. He remembered when they were in the Hades cup, when they had beat Sora, Squall wouldn't forgive himself. Ah, he remembered so clearly.
 
(Flashback sequence)
 
“So, uh.. Leon started.
 
“Cloud. Cloud said, cracking his knuckles.
 
“Right, Cloud. I think we're up to fight next. Leon said, looking at the super-duper information list.
 
“Who are we fighting next? More heartless? Yuffie? A behemoth?” Cloud asked, adjusting his cape.
 
“Hn.. Sora, I'm pretty sure it says. The writing is kind of smudgy. Leon replied, squinting a bit at the list. Cloud walked around the waiting area. (Yes, a waiting area.) He just wanted to get this over and done with so he could face Hades.
 
“Hey guys!” Sora said happily as he walked towards the two men. “We're fighting next, isn't that cool?
 
Um.. Yeah... Leon answered, looking at the ground. He didn't admit it, but he really didn't like the idea of fighting Sora, or any teenager for that matter.
 
“So where are your friends?” Cloud asked.
 
“Goofy and Donald? They went somewhere. I think to talk to Phil. Sora answered. There was a bell, signifying it was time for their match to begin.
 
“Well, later! Sora said, and ran out. Cloud and Leon walked out of the area a moment later and onto the opposite side of the fighting arena. The barrier came up, around the arena, the match started. Although the numbers were not fair, Cloud and Leon had the advantage, as they were older and were more used to fighting then their three opponents.
 
Leon was slowly circling around Sora, Donald, and Goofy while holding his sword behind his back, while Cloud started flying off the ground and slashing. Sora and the gang were too busy paying attention to dodging Cloud's attacks to notice Leon running up to them and slashing Sora.
 
Sora was laying on the ground, with a cut on his face. He was unconscious, but still alive. Donald was using a potion on him, as was Goofy. Leon just stared in disbelief as he fell to his knees.
 
“No, I killed him.” Leon said, holding his head.
 
“Leon, Leon no you didn't. He's still alive, just unconscious! That's it, he'll be fine. You just did what you needed to do so we could advance.” Cloud said, putting his hand on Leon's shoulder.
 
“Unconscious? Unconscious?! He's just a kid, Cloud! He had no clue what he was doing when he signed up for this tournament! I KILLED him, Cloud!” Leon yelled. Cloud just looked at him, what could he do? He was used to the cold-hearted non-caring Leon, not the Leon that was crying after fighting in a tournament.
 
“Cloud!” Squall yelled, punching Cloud's shoulder.
 
“Huh?” Cloud said, snapping out of his thoughts.
 
“You weren't really answering my question.” Squall said, crossing his arms.
 
“Sorry. What was your question?” Cloud asked, scratching the back of his head.
 
“I asked if I could borrow some of your materia to get back at Sora with.” Squall explained.
 
“Well, it take's a certain kind of person to use materia, not everyone can wield its power!” Cloud said. “Besides, your Gunblade doesn't have any materia slots. You wouldn't hurt Sora anyway if you had materia, remember the tournament?”
 
“... Whatever.” Squall said, storming away. Obviously, Cloud struck a nerve. Ansem thwacked him on the head for being such an idiot and bringing it up. Everyone was now staring at Cloud. At that moment, Sora decided to come down.
 
“Yo homies. Uh, what's going on?” Sora asked.
 
“I uh... think I'm going to go upstairs now.” Cloud said, backing away from Ansem. He ran up the stairs and into his room.
 
“Someone fill a brother in.” Sora said, obviously oblivious to everyone's expressions.
 
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
`Why did he bring THAT up? Does he want me to feel bad? I wish Rinoa were here, I would have someone to talk to about what's happening with me.. Selphie, sure I could talk to her.. But she wouldn't understand..' Squall thought as he looked out the window. There was a knock at the door.
 
“Come in.” Squall said. Selphie walked in and plopped on the foot of the bed.
 
“Hey Squall!” Selphie said cheerfully.
 
“What?” Squall asked, not even looking at the younger girl's face.
 
“Touchy. I just wanted to check to see if you were all right. You walked off so quickly without a word. Annnd I wanted to get away from Sora's rap lesson.” Selphie explained, cheerfully. Squall face-palmed.
 
“I'm fine. Actually, I'm not. Cloud had no right to say anything.” Squall replied.
 
“Not that it's any of my business, being a kid and all, but what exactly did he mean?” Selphie asked.
 
“I'm not in the mood to explain.” Squall said.
 
“But..” Selphie started.
 
“NO!” Squall yelled angrily. Selphie took the hint and scurried out of the room. Squall got up from the bed and closed the door. He took off his shirt and went to sleep, maybe tomorrow would be a better day.
 
 
Ah, sorry for this chapter being shorter then the others. But, you guys don't mind, right? Introducing... SUB-PLOT! Yep, you heard right. I thought it would do for a nice touch, don't you agree? I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! ^_^