Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend Of Judisho ❯ Unwelcomed Destiny ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


"Good morning Tokyo. I am your daily radio host Hiroi Manuke. Well this morning we have a treat for all of you listeners out there. We have a special guest with us today......Mr. Kinniku Otoko of the band Kuroi! Yes we have the man himself. If you'd like to ask Otoko san any questions, just call us here at the station. The number is......." The alarm clock shut off. A hand slid off of the button and on to the face of a young girl. "Great," she said to herself. She spread her hand open across her face and peered up at the ceiling through her middle and index fingers. Someone started knocking at the door. "Tsunami.....it's time to get up!" yelled her brother Taiyou. "I'm up Taiy........!!!!!" she yelled. He cracked the door open and looked in. "I know you sis.....once I leave this door, you'll fall right back to sleep," he said. She sat up and tossed a pillow at the door. "Hey....I'm just letting you know. Oh yeah, dad said you needed to come down soon. He has to talk to you about something. It's probably about that foreign exchange student," he said. "I'll be down in 10 minutes," she said yawning.
Tsunami slipped out of her bed and walked over to her closet. She slid the doors open and glanced at all her clothes. "Well I wonder what I'll wear today?" she said sarcastically. Uniforms were aligned along the wall. She grabbed one off of a hanger and slipped it on. She went to her desk and stuffed her books into her satchel. "Gotta love high school," she said with a huff. Her hand knocked a pencil off of her desk. As she bent down to pick it up, she smacked her head on the edge of the desk. "AGH!!!!...........Shi......shoot.....I mean shoot.....," she yelled. Every time she cursed her father would chew her out. She grabbed the pencil and sat back up in the chair, rubbing the giant golf ball forming on her forehead. She threw the pencil in with her books and headed towards the door. Just as she was going out, a piece of her hair fell in her face. "Oh yeah.....," she said sitting her bag down. She went over to her mirror and reached in a drawer for her hairbrush.

"Tsunami Xay......hurry up!" called her father. "I'm coming," she said running down the stairs. She dropped her satchel off at the door and walked into the kitchen. Taiyou sat at the table, eating his pancakes. "Slow down Taiyou.....no ones going to take them," laughed their father. "I just want to finish eating before that guy gets here," he said. "He's coming today?" asked Tsunami. "Yep.....he should get here soon. He was arriving in from Beijing. I believe his name is Shiro," answered her father. "Anata san........may I please have some more pancakes?" Taiyou asked with a big smile. "Sure you can.....if you can learn how to call me dad," he said shaking his head. "Yes father," he said. Tsunami sat down next to Taiyou and poured herself a cup of orange juice. "So.....are you picking me up today?" asked Tsunami. "Uh.....no sweetheart. I have to ship off to San Francisco today remember? I'm going to be gone for about two weeks so you two will have to take care of the place," he said.
"So......you're going to leave us with the foreign guy? What if he turns out to be a psychotic mass murderer or loves to hack off peoples hands because he suffers from extensive compulsive disorder?" asked Taiyou. "I think you suffer from extensive compulsive disorder Taiyou. You're the only person that can fear anything.....no wait.....sorry wrong one.......what you have is called paranoia," laughed Tsunami. "Want a knuckle sandwich?" he asked angrily. "Sorry......I'm not hungry. So, are you ready for Mr. Kyoshi's test? I heard it's a tough one," she said. "Yeah well.....I'll be ready....*just have to get to the boys bathroom before 2nd period*," he said coughing. "Very funny," she said.
The doorbell started to ring just as Tsunami was finishing her juice. "Well I guess Shiro is here," said Anata san. Tsunami felt a little nervous. After all, this new guy was going to be staying with them. Anata san opened the front door, greeting their new visitor. Taiyou looked over at Tsunami whom was in a daze. "Are you okay?" he asked. She couldn't speak. He was the cutest guy she had ever seen in her whole life. "Tsunami?" asked Taiyou again. "Oh.....sorry.... I am fine," she answered with a fake laugh. The man walked in, his long ponytail sailing behind him. Tsunami kept smiling as she watched him. Anata san took the guy's bags and sat them down against the wall. "Welcome to my home Shiro," he said bowing. "Thank you for allowing me to stay here," Shiro said bowing back. Taiyou pushed Tsunami in front of him. "This is my daughter Tsunami," said Anata san. Shiro took her hand in his and placed a kiss on it. Taiyou never saw her become so red in all of his life. "It is a pleasure to meet you Tsunami," he said bowing. "It.......it is nice to meet you," she said covering her red cheek.
Anata san looked at his watch and flipped out. "You three will be late for school," he said handing Tsunami her backpack. "Well I'm going to miss you dad," she said hugging him. Taiyou wasn't one to hug his father. He found it to be very embarrassing. "See you Taiyou. It was a pleasure meeting you Shiro. I hope you enjoy your stay here," he said as they walked out the door. Tsunami for some glanced back into the hallway at the photo of the three of them. She didn't know why, but she wanted to look at it. As soon as they were out of the yard, he slammed the door shut and rushed into the other room. He opened up a jade cabinet, surrounded in gold and sapphires. Being very careful not to mess up anything, he locked up the case and hid the key. He went to the bookcase and took down a book covered with little pieces of gold. The book read, Way of the Dead Dragons. "I promised your mother I'd keep you from ever seeing this book and what is in that case.........I want to keep my promise," he said sitting it back on the shelf. He laid another book in front of it and walked out of the room. As he left, a light filled the inside of the jade case. "Time is awakening," a voice said in the wind.
Tsunami walked behind Taiyou and Shiro. She was hoping Yuki would be coming to school today. Yuki was one of those people whom loved skipping school. "Hey Tsu Tsu!!" yelled a voice. Tsunami knew who it was. "Hello Yuki.......please don't call me that again!!!!!" she yelled. "Sorry Tsunami," she said with a giggle. She looked in front of her to see a new boy walking alongside Taiyou. "Who's that?" she whispered. "Oh that's the new foreign student Shiro. He's living with us," she answered. Yuki looked at Shiro and started giggling. "He's cute!! Where did he come from?" she asked curiously. "Beijing.......why?" Yuki shook her head and started walking away from Tsunami. "Wait Yuki!!" yelled Tsunami. She ran up beside her and grabbed her arm. "Why did you want to know?" she asked smiling. "I just wanted to know. I also want to know if he has a girlfriend!" Tsunami shook her head and started dragging Yuki with her as she walked away. "Come on......enough about the new guy. We got to get to school," she said laughing. "Oh yeah......did you do your homework for Ms. Shigoto?" asked Yuki. "What homework?" asked Tsunami.

"Class.......this is Shiro Michi. He just transferred from Beijing. He is originally from Osaka. Please welcome him into our class," said Ms. Shigoto. Tsunami watched Shiro walk to his seat. All the girls talked amongst themselves about the "new guy". Tsunami found it quite funny. "Okay class, we are now going to continue our work from last class. Please open up your books to page 304. Please read aloud along with me," she said. Everyone started reading out aloud, except for Tsunami. She didn't have her book with her. Yuki looked over at Tsunami's desk and started giggling. "Not only did you forget your homework, you forgot your book too? Tsunami you are starting to turn into Taiyou," she whispered. Tsunami just moaned and sat her head on the desk. As she laid there, her eyes dilated and her breathing stopped in her mind, a horrific vision played.

<vision>
Tsunami stood on the edge of a cliff, staring down at the remains of a village. She was wearing a strange looking green armor and held a long, beautiful sword in her hand. The skies were black like tar and in the air drifted the smell of blood and burning flesh. A voice echoed continuously in the wind. "Time is awakening."
<vision ends>
The vision still seemed to swarm around in her mind. Tsunami realized that she was no longer in class. She opened her eyes, glancing around the room. Now she was in the clinic. Yuki rushed over to Tsunami and started hugging her frantically. "Oh Tsunami........I was sooooooo worried about you. Ms. Shigoto tried waking you up and you wouldn't budge. I'm so glad you're okay!" she said crying. "Calm down Yuki......," said Tsunami. She looked through the doorway to see Shiro leaning against the wall. Yuki looked over towards the doorway and back at Tsunami. "He's been out there ever since you came in here. I think he likes you Tsunami," she said smiling. "No......I don't really know him Yuki. I mean I just met him today. He's probably just trying to be a nice guy," she said.
Tsunami had stayed in the clinic until Taiyou had come to get her. The nurse ordered her to go home. She said that Tsunami was overtired. Tsunami didn't believe that a bit, but who knows.....perhaps she was overtired. Shiro went home too since he didn't know how to get back to the house. Yuki remained at school since she had band practice. Taiyou was very worried about his sister. This wasn't the first time that she had been found in the state she was in. Once he found her in the floor in her bedroom like that. He wondered what would be causing this. Too bad Anata san was out of town. He would have to find out about this after he got back home. They walked up to the porch and Taiyou started unlocking the door. "Feeling better?" asked Shiro. Tsunami slowly nodded and sighed. "I wish dad hadn't left today," she said to herself.

Shiro sat in his room, staring out the window. This place seemed really nice, yet something about it was very strange. He felt a strong aura coming from that girl. She seemed so familiar to him. Why........he really didn't know. He was going to start on his math homework when he heard someone go by his door. It was Tsunami. He walked to the door and peeped out. She was sneaking into Anata san's room. Without even thinking, he snuck up behind her and watched from the cracked door. He wondered what she was doing in there. The note he left for them said she was not allowed in there.
Tsunami walked over to the bookshelf and started smiling. "He thinks covering up the book will keep me from seeing it? Come on I'm smarter than that," she said laughing. Lifting the book gently, so as to not let anyone know she was in there, she sat in down on Anata san's desk and removed the book off of the shelf. "He always tries to hide this book from me. Little does he know I've read this book fifty times," she giggled. She flipped it open and glanced at one of the pages. "Some day I will find out what this book means," she said to herself. A sudden chill went down her spine. She turned towards the jade case and scratched her head. "That case.......," she said standing up. Pulling on the lock, she was unsuccessful in opening it.
"Ah.......man he did lock it...," she said angrily. She then remembered seeing a key in his desk. That must be where the key is, she thought to herself. Tsunami walked over to the desk and opened up the drawer. Underneath a stack of envelopes and folders sat the key. "Yes!! I knew it would be here!" she said happily. She proceeded back over to the case and unlocked it. "I can't believe I'm finally going to see what's in here," she said to herself. The doors of the cabinet slowly opened, the anticipation building inside of her. A sudden gust of wind filled the room, knocking Tsunami into the wall. Shiro waited a couple of seconds and then ran into the room. He didn't want her to know he had been watching her. Running towards her, a gust of wind knocked him back.
Taiyou was just coming into the room when Shiro fell onto him. "Shiro....Taiyou!" said Tsunami. Oh my god......what have I done, Tsunami thought to herself. She looked into the case and gasped. "It's........it's the Emeraldes.....the sword in the book...," she said. A blue substance circled around her and engulfed her body. "Tsunami!!!" yelled Taiyou jumping up. He ran towards her once again, being thrown back. As he was about to try again, Shiro held him back. "You can't do anything Taiyou.....you'll just be thrown back again," he said. Taiyou just looked at Shiro. "That's my little sister in there. I'm not just sitting here," he said angrily.

<Tsunami>
"Time is awakening.....," said a voice. Tsunami slowly opened her eyes. "Where am I?" she said trying to focus on her surroundings. She was floating above a black pond. She couldn't see her reflection in the blackness. "Time is awakening....," said the voice again. Tsunami looked across the blackness to see a winged woman. She was staring at Tsunami, chanting. "What is going on?" she yelled. The woman stopped and started to fly towards Tsunami. She stopped and just stared into Tsunami's eyes. "Who..........who are you?" she asked scared. The woman placed her hands on Tsunami's cheeks and leaned her forehead on the girl's. Before Tsunami could react, a her eyes rolled back and her body started glowing. "You will awaken our lost past.....," said the woman. A jolt of pain engulfed Tsunami's whole body. "What......what are you doing to me??" she said through her teeth. "You are awakening our past....," she said softly. The woman's wings closed around the both of them, feathers flying everywhere. Tsunami felt the woman slip away from her. She threw her eyes open to see she was falling to the ground. As she fell a green light circled around her. It swirled around her arms and legs. Strange symbols appeared on her skin. "HHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPP!!!!" she screamed.

<Anata san's room>
Taiyou laid on the ground, his body motionless. Shiro stood at the window, looking out at the landscape. "So.....she is the one....I would have never thought that someone like her would be the holder....," he said to himself. He glanced over at Tsunami who was awakening. "Are you alright?" he asked. Tsunami looked up at him and nodded. "I guess.......what happened?" she asked. Shiro shook his head. She glanced over at the jade cabinet. The Emeraldes was gone. "Where's the sword..........where is the Emeraldes??" she asked in a panicked voice. She was about to search for it when a small gleam from beside her caught the corner of her eye. Looking down next to her, she found the Emeraldes. "Good.......I was worried that something had happened to it," she said hugging it. Shiro looked down at her arms and gasped. When she heard him gasp, she immediately looked at them. Green symbolic scars ran down them.
"What??........What are these??" she asked frightened. Her attention soon diminished from her arms to her brother. He opened his eyes and looked at Tsunami and Shiro. "Who........who are you?" he asked. Tsunami gave him an evil look and smiled. "Taiyou...stop kidding around," she said. Taiyou looked at her confused. "What are you talking about? Who are you and what are you doing in my house?" he asked angrily. Tsunami realized he wasn't joking. "What are you talking about Taiyou? It's me....Tsunami....you're little sister," she said. "That's impossible....my little sister died 10 years ago," he said. "No........no Taiyou....I'm your little sister. I don't know what's going on but I am your sister. I never died," she said shaking him. "Let go of me. Get out of my house!" he yelled. She shook her head and slapped his cheek. That angered him so much that he slapped her back. She then realized neither one of them was asleep. "Get out of here now!!!" he yelled. She grabbed the Emeraldes and her book and headed into the hallway. What is going on? she thought to herself.
She ran by her room and glanced in there. "No way," she said shocked. Everything that had been in there before was now gone. Everything was pink and there were stuffed ponies and angels everywhere in the room. Her bed was very small, the right size for a 6 year old. "I don't understand what's going on," she said sadly. Shiro grabbed her by the arm. "We better get out of here," he said. She nodded and followed him out the door. As she was going out the front door, she saw the photo. There were still three people in the photo, but the third person was not her, but her mother. "My mother......she's alive?" she asked shocked. Before she could ask Taiyou anything Shiro dragged her out the door.