Fan Fiction ❯ The Military Dogs Pet ❯ Three Months Later ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“You should really stop taking naps on the couch; you'll be up all night again…” Kaie said kneeling down so he was eye level with the tired girl who had woken up slightly when he walked in.
 
“I wouldn't fall asleep on the couch if my athletics teacher didn't hate me.” Mell mumbled looking at him before yawning. “It's a good thing it's my last class of the day otherwise I'd die before my other classes ended.”
 
“I'm sure she doesn't hate you…she just wants you to do better…” Kaie said running his hand through her hair.
 
“She doesn't make everyone else run the obstacle course ten times…consecutively. She doesn't make them run a lap and then sit out during a game for yawning during her lectures, she doesn't make them run another lap for slowing down to a jog during the mile, and she certainly doesn't make everyone else stay after class for a lecture when they have a limp because they hurt themselves doing the obstacle course for the ninth time.” Mell said as she sat up with a grunt. “Face it, the woman hates me more then I hate bugs, maple syrup, and jello with grapes in it put together.” Mell put up a finger when she named off something.
 
“Ok, ok I believe you.” Kaie said nodding as he stood up, and then he smiled down at her adding, “Well tomorrow is our day off, so you don't have to see anyone you don't want to, besides me because I'm your room mate.”
 
“I get to sleep in and eat sugary cereal that's bad for me for lunch!” Mell cheered throwing her hands in the air her T-shirt, which besides her blue underwear was the only thing she was in, coming up a little to show off her stomach.
 
Kaie smiled his hand twitching slightly at the thought of touching the smooth skin of her stomach, though it went unnoticed by Mell, and thought, “She needs to stop walking around in her T-shirts…I am a male, and she's very beautiful. She may be young but she's not that young her fifteenth birthday is in two weeks, and she's in high school, she has to be doing it on purpose…”
 
Mell smiled at him standing up and moving her head to the side looking at him curiously. “What's with the look?”
 
“Hmm?” Kaie asked copying her movements with a goofy smile.
 
Mell laughed and said, “You had that look, again; like you were fighting with yourself.”
 
“Oh…It's nothing.” Kaie said his smile going to a normal one. “Just a thought.”
 
“What was it?” Mell asked with a sly smile. “Do tell Kaie was it about me?”
 
“Maybe…” Kaie grinned at her playfully. “But, then again, maybe not.”
 
“Oh tell me!” Mell asked equally as playful as him. “I wan'na know what you think about me Kaie.”
 
“You really wan'na know?” Kaie questioned as he stalked towards her a smile playing on his lips. “Hmm…?”
 
“No!” Mell squeaked as Kaie started tickling her sides. “Stop!”
 
“Stop what?” Kaie asked as Mell fell on the couch and then tried to scoot away from him laughing hysterically. “This?”
 
“Yes!” Mell laughed trying to get away from him.
 
“Yes? do this? Ok.” Kaie laughed tickling her some more.
 
“No!” Mell laughed grabbing his hands holding them from her sides. “Stop…it hurts to laugh”
 
Kaie smiled at her brightly. “So how was your day, besides the fact that your athletics teacher hates you?”
 
“Boring, though I liked my Speech class, it was fun, I got to do a monologue, and everyone thought I did really well.” Mell said with a grin. “Got a little over dramatic, but I was kind of praised for it.”
 
“Nice.” Kaie said with a nod. “I rather be with you in Speech, French, and art then those military tactics classes, but no I'm-“
 
Mell glared at him and shook her head. “Don't start that with me Kaie, it's not true.”
 
Kaie put his forehead to hers a soft smile on his lips and said, “Thanks for the faith.”
 
Mell smiled at him and nodded, but it wasn't the smartest of moves, their lips met when her head went up. They stayed there a little while, shocked, but then pulled away. Mell was blushing from the roots of her hair down to the point it disappeared under her T-shirt, and Kaie just looked pleasantly shocked. “Sorry…” Mell mumbled as she stood up.
 
“It's fine.” Kaie said looking up at her.
 
Mell gave him a small smile before going into her room, and then she came back out with pants on. “I'm going to go see Lena.”
 
Kaie looked at her for a moment and then nodded, “I'll make dinner for us.”
 
“Thanks, I'll make dessert, cake sound good?” Mell asked as she pulled on her shoes.
 
“Chocolate?”
 
“With the homemade frosting, yup.” Mell said with a smile.
 
~
 
“Do you know how much older he is then me?” Mell questioned Lena as she paced back and forth. “There's no way he'd like a little kid like me.”
 
“You're not a little kid Mell, you're only like three years younger then him, you turn fifteen in two weeks, and he only turned eighteen four months ago.” Lena insisted as she watched her friend pace in front of her…again, her puppy in her lap. Said puppy was the puppy Mell came home too three months ago, it was identical to hers. “So don't worry about it, he likes you, I can tell.”
 
Mell looked at Lena for a second, standing still before saying, “That was the most embarrassing thing that's happened so far…wait no that's a lie, nothing will top when he walked in on me when I got out of the shower.”
 
“Oh yeah I remember that…I would have never believed it if I wasn't there to see what you did to him.” Lena laughed. “I can't believe you threw the shampoo at him, and it broke over his head!”
 
Mell smiled at the memory of him standing in the hallway after she got dressed and walked out, he was standing there his arms crossed blue shampoo goop sliding down his face. “And I said just the most intelligent thing too!” Mell laughed as she sat down on the couch next to Lena. “The showers free now!”
 
“Oh-oh” Lena laughed hysterically, “And then he took some and wiped it in your hair saying “I know, wait here” That was priceless you looked like you could murder him.”
 
Mell laughed nodding, “After you left he came out and I got in and because it was so cold I yelped so loud the person who lives on the other side of the hall came and knocked on our door. That poor guy opened the door when he heard yelling and was faced with me in a T-shirt, which I later came to find out was nearly see through, and hot-pink underwear sitting on Kaie trying to strangle him.”
 
“Oh Jason walked in on that?! I assume that your back was to him and couldn't tell what you were actually doing.” Lena laughed harder when Mell nodded. “Oh he probably can't look at you anymore!”
 
“I looked back at him and Kaie sat up to see him over my shoulder and we were looking at him so incredibly innocently, like little kids when they get caught taking a cookie and it's already halfway in their mouth, I think he almost wet his pants!” Mell laughed. Then Mell went quiet for a second and then said with a grin, “About him being able to look at me, let me tell you, I walked into the hallway at the same time as him, and he just turned around and walked back in his room. I swear I've never seen a better imitation of a tomato.”
 
“Shame, shame.” Lena said waggling her finger in front of Mell's face playfully. “Doing naughty, violent things to Kaie.”
 
“Shame on you for thinking naughty, violent things.” Mell said as she stood up after looking at the clock. “I got to get going, Kaie promised me dinner.”
 
“Mmm…I want dinner!” Lena said with a smile.
 
“Get a cook.” Mell said with a grin. “Or go down to the restaurant there's good food down there.”
 
“But they dock my pay.” Lena said looking at Mell pleadingly.
 
“Thirty dollars!” Mell said looking at Lena like she had sprouted another arm. “And where do you go anyway, you're probably bloody rich.”
 
“This is true…” Lena said standing up. “I never looked at it that way…Get out of my house I want food that isn't ramen!”
 
“Oh God my heart!” Mell said over dramatically, “You turned down the food of the Gods!”
 
“Yes!” Lena laughed. “Now out of my home!”
 
~
 
“Thanks for the cake Mell.” Kaie said smiling at Mell as he put their dishes in the sink. “It was really good.”
 
“No problem Kaie.” Mell said with a smile as she refilled her glass with milk. “I like the cake just as much as you.”
 
Kaie smiled and nodded as they walked and sat back down on the couch. “I know but still it's not like you have too.”
 
“Eh, it gives me a reason to make cake.” Mell said smiling at him as she leaned forward and put the cup on the coffee table. “Why make cake if you're not making it for someone?”
 
“True, if you weren't here I wouldn't make dinner.” Kaie said shrugging.
 
 
Some time around twelve Mell's eyes started getting heavy, and she pulled her knees up to her chest and leaning her head on it, they had been watching T.V. and playing video games, at the moment Kaie was fighting the computer in their favorite game. Kaie noticed this and said, “Why don't you go to sleep?”
 
Mell yawned loudly, and much like a cat, and then said, “I'm not tired.”
 
“Sure I believe you.” Kaie said as he won, and then turned off the game, and the T.V.
 
“Hey it was my turn.” Mell yawned.
 
“You can play tomorrow it's time to go to bed.” Kaie said with a smile as he looked at her. “Come on.”
 
Mell smiled at him for a second and then stood up with him. “Fine, if you insist.”
 
“I do.” Kaie said with a smile as he slipped his arm around her. When he saw a blush creep across her cheeks his smile turned into a grin. “What's with you and that blush today?” Kaie said as he flipped the lights off when they walked passed the light-switch.
 
“I am not blushing.” Mell said shaking her head.
 
“You lie.” Kaie said with a laugh. “Come on it's not like I haven't been close to you before.”
 
“I know.” Mell said looking away from him when he turned on the light in his room. “I'm gon'na go to bed now.”
 
“Stay with me tonight…” Kaie whispered in her ear after he stopped her from walking away from him by tugging her back to him with her big paint covered T-shirt that she used as pajamas. “Please?”
 
Mell looked at him a blush very apparent on her face as she unhooked his finger from her shirt. “Why would you want me to stay with you?”
 
“So I can be near you…” Kaie said pulling her forward as he kissed her cheek. “You don't know how much I've grown to like you…I just want to be near you right now.”
 
Mell buried her head in his chest really embarrassed. “I like you too…” Mell whispered, but Kaie heard it clear as day.
 
Kaie smiled hugging her to him. “You don't have to be so embarrassed.”
 
“But you're so much older then me…how can you like a little kid like me?” Mell asked still not looking up at him.
 
“You're not a little kid.” Kaie said running his fingers through her hair. “You don't have to be embarrassed because you like someone who's barely four years older then you, especially when I like you back.”
 
Mell sighed looking up at him, even if her cheeks were still that interesting color of pink.
 
Kaie leaned down and kissed her lightly. “So will you stay with me tonight?”
 
Mell nodded and let him lead her into his room. They crawled under the covers and Kaie pulled Mell to him seeing as she was laying so close to the edge. Mell had only spent the night in his room once, and that was the first night. She absolutely was refusing to eat, sleep, or do anything really. Mell had kind of shut down to everything. Kaie basically picked her up put her in his bed and held her until she finally fell asleep an hour later.
 
“Calm down…” Kaie whispered leaning down some to kiss her forehead.
 
“Mmhmm…” Mell mumbled as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.
 
Kaie smiled and closed his eyes, the finger tips of one hand drawing patterns on her lower back. It was so nice to have her near him; this wasn't like the first time he was just trying to comfort her then. Now he wanted to now she wasn't up crying like she had done a few nights, he didn't want to come out into the living room and have to wake her up and put her in bed because she couldn't sleep in that bed. No, none of that would do anymore; he was going to take care of his girl, his Mell.