Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Barely Divided ❯ Barely Divded ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's Notes: Nothing new, just fixing a bit of the text. If you've already read it, you don't need to since nothing much has changed. =P

The thief promised to protect the barriers of her heart and mind. When that promise breaks, she carries on with strength.

Barely Divided

Written by Ayako, 9-12-01

Edited slightly, 12-23-01

"I promised Celes that I would protect her, and I plan on keeping that promise!" Locke had said, raising his arms up in defense for the fair headed Rune Knight. Cyan's eyes full of confusion at this display of loyalty he had not seen in quite a while from anyone.

Terra lowered her head, her expression now seemingly sad as she softly added in what her former occupation had been. But she was not only upset at the fact Cyan may grow to dislike her very being, but… 'What about me? What about what you had promised to me? Do you even see me?' screamed her mixed up emotions, her anguish, her feeling of slight betrayal and most of all-her selfishness.

'Does everyone see me as a doll? A doll whom is only used for their own deeds? I know what I have to do, but… I'm just so confused. Does this mean… that maybe… they wouldn't have helped me if I had no magic to speak of?' No, she refused to believe that. As Banon spoke of the plan, all started to head up, Celes being the center of attention.

Did she even matter to them anymore? Was she just being ignored? Celes seemed to slightly draw back from being ahead and kept in step with Terra. "You can use magic too, right? Isn't it a lovely gift?" she asked, a brief dreamy smile crossing her features. That earned a pause.

Could she… feel? Terra then felt a twitch at her heart, "Have you… ever been in love?"

Almost immediately, the dreamy smile melted away to form a scowl. "What?" Celes snapped as if she felt the slight urge to ask if the fair skinned woman was insinuating something about her and Locke.

Terra just shook her head sadly, "Never mind…" They had said her heart was pure as snow, and she was cold as ice…

So close, yet so far, the battling, the screams of pain as she summoned the words she felt as if she were born to speak. Burning, scorched skin, melted snow. It was all there.

And as she stepped closer and ever so agonizingly close… She realized something. 'Locke… I understand… The roles are barely divided now… And at this moment, I feel out of place… I know, I really now know for certain that I don't need to be protected anymore…'

She barely noticed as the Esper encased in ice glowed faintly, nearly pushing every single party member off the edge. "Who am I…?" she asked in a near-whisper, placing her hands delicately over the ice. 'With such a cold facade…'

"Terra! Get away from the Esper!" called out that familiar yet desperate voice.

"Please… Tell me who I am!" cried out the confused woman. 'She needs…' Pain. That was what she now felt. But it was now a different kind of pain.

A scream, an almost animalistic scream tore through the air, causing fear in most hearts. A form of pink and white with wild hair flew through the air.

'She needs your very full attention… your whole heart…'

Looks of pure shock etched on all their faces.

'To complete hers…'

~OWARI~