Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Moment's in life ❯ Part two:Chapter seventeen ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I tried to be as accurate as possible. Funny thing is I've played the game like twice and I remembered all that. I'm kinda bored and I hate the place where the little mermaid lives. Stupid water stream…

Part two

Chapter seventeen

Going to see mother.

Sephiroth strode into town with an seemingly engraved frown in his face. Instead of going back to the inn and opened the gates of the abandoned shinra mansion. Cloud and Zak sprinted closely behind him. Once Sephiroth reached the door he flung them both back with a blizzara spell.


"This is where you stop following. Stay here." Sephiroth said coldly as he opened the door and descended the winding staircase. Zak and cloud lifted themselves from the floor.


"Do we follow him?" cloud asked slowly.


"You heard him. We better give him some time." Zak said laying on the bed.


"Like how much time?" cloud asked


"Hell if I know I go check on him in a couple of days." Zak said closing his eyes. "Just chill out and relax till then." Cloud left the room and headed down the hall to another dust covered room. It was like that for a week. Sleep, ask Zak how Sephiroth was doing, eat, sit around, and sleep. For those two weeks Sephiroth remained the same not talking, not sleeping, not eating, just reading. Zak sighed waving his leg in the air. As much as he like to sit around doing nothing this was getting damn boring. It came around his usual time to check on Sephiroth. Zak rambled down the staircase not bothering to close the door. Zak entered the research room in the basement.


"Who is it!? Hmph... Traitor." Sephiroth said laughing evilly.

"Traitor?" Zak asked a bit confused.

"You ignorant traitor. I'll tell you. This was a itinerant race. They would migrate in, settle the Planet, and then move on... At the end of their harsh, hard journey, they would find the Promised Land and supreme happiness. But, those who stopped their migrations built shelters and elected to lead an easier life. They took that which the Cetra and the planet had made without giving back one whit in return! Those are your ancestors." Sephiroth said angrily.

"Sephiroth..." Zak said quietly with a little fear showing in his voice.

"Long ago, disaster struck this planet. Your ancestors escaped... They survived because they hid. Sacrificing the Cetra saved the Planet. After that, your ancestors continued to increase. Now all that's left of the Cetra is in these reports." Sephiroth continued.

"What does that have to do with you?" Zak asked inquisitively.

"Don't you get it? An Ancient named JENOVA was found in the geological stratum of 2000 years ago. The JENOVA Project. The JENOVA Project wanted to produce people with the powers of the Ancients...... no, the Cetra! ...I am the one that was produced." Sephiroth said approaching him.

"Pr...Produced!?" he stuttered taking a few steps back.

"Yes. Professor Gast, leader of the JEVOVA Project and genius scientist, produced me. Isn't that funny?" Sephiroth said laughing grabbing Zak by the collar and throwing him down to the floor.

"How...how did he...? Se...Sephiroth?" Zak said trying to get away from Sephiroth's advancing form.

"Out of my way. I'm going to see my mother." Sephiroth said knocking him from the path of the door. Zak rubbed his head and sat down on the ground stunned.


Cloud approached the room of the door and found the door was still open. Cloud peaked in and saw Sephiroth trudging up the stairs.


"Hey, are you ok now?" cloud asked smiling slightly.


"Out of my way." Sephiroth said pushing him out of the doorway.


"H-hey?! Where are you going?" cloud asked following him out the mansion. Mr. Lockhart ran up to him.


"Oh Mr. Sephiroth we are so glad your ok." He said. Sephiroth grabbed him by the throat.


"Take me to the reactor." Sephiroth said tightening his grip.


"O-of course." He stuttered running off toward the edge of town. Then Sephiroth stopped besides him.


"FIRAGA ALL!" he shouted activating his materia. The buildings of Nibelhiem lit up in intense flames. Cloud was blown off his feet by the force of the spell. He rolled around on the ground until his clothes were not burning anymore. When he looked in the direction of Sephiroth he was not there. Cloud crawled to Tifa's burning house when she ran out.


"Where's my father Storm?" she asked worriedly.


"That way…Sephiroth…reactor." Cloud said weakly collapsing on the ground. Zak ran outside and was greeting by the hot flames.


"What the hell happened?" Zak asked as he ran further into the burning town.


"Hey your still sane, right? Help me!" a man with long gray hair and a cape said as he ran into the inn and brought out more people. Zak checked cloud's mother's house but it was already to late.


"Ugh…" cloud groaned when Zak tried to lift him.


"Don't worry buddy I'll get him for this." Zak said running out of town.


Cloud turned over on his back and looked at the high flames licking the night sky. Cloud had so many bad burns on him. Ash and flaming debris were falling all around him. Cloud continued to stare at the sky as large piece of a burning roof fell on him. His facemask was starting to burn away as he struggled under the piece of debris. Cloud felt strong hands pull his body out from under the debris. It was the man with a cape again. Cloud talked to him a couple of days ago. His name was Zangan he was Tifa's teacher.


"Here kid, take this it should help." Zangan said handing him a bottle of elixir. Cloud lifted it up to his mouth and swallowed most of it. Cloud felt his energy being restored. His burns still remained but cloud didn't care. He limped out of town and towards mt. Nibel.


Zak reached to reactor. To see Sephiroth standing outside it.


"Ah the traitor followed us." Sephiroth said to a very scared looking Mr. Lockhart. Zak felt his limbs tighten up as he was encased in a quake 2 spell. Zak fell to the ground stunned as Sephiroth led Mr. Lockhart inside.


Tifa ran up the path shortly after that. She found Zak laying on the ground unconscious. Tifa ran determinedly inside. Just as she got down the chain she heard Sephiroth talking.


"There is no further use for a pathetic person like you." Sephiroth said sticking his sword through his throat.


"Mother I am home." He said dropping his sword and walking further into the room. Tifa ran up to her dead father.


"Papa…P-papa!" she said trying to shake him awake.


"Grrr. I hate Sephiroth…shinra…war…I hate all of them!" Tifa said picking up Sephiroth's sword and running into the reactor.


"SEPHIROTH!!!" she yelled at his turned back and putting his sword to his neck. Sephiroth grabbed the blade and turned around.


"Thank you for returning this." He said smirking as he ripped the blade form her hands and slashed her rib cage right under her left breast. Sephiroth entered the door of the JENOVA chamber.

Zak felt his strength returning after the effects of the quake spell wore off. He scrambled to his feet and ran inside. He ran over the dead Mr. Lockhart and into the mako room. He knelt down and felt Tifa's shallow pulse under his hand. He heard her mumble something but he couldn't quite hear it. Zak unsheathed his buster sword and ran into the JENOVA chamber.


"One more time, eh traitor." Sephiroth said staring at JENOVA.


"Meet my mother." He said laughing. Zak sidestepped the fire spell that Sephiroth tried to use on him and ran up and tried to slash at Sephiroth. That was unsuccessful. Sephiroth rammed the reverse side of his blade into Zak's back sending him flying out the door into the next room. Zak laid there staring out into space.


"I think I lost." Zak said to himself.


Cloud limped up the mountain removing his facemask as it was badly singed anyway. The reactor came into view and he hurriedly limped inside. He shook his head and moved the dead Mr. Lockhart out of the doorway. Inside he found a zoned out Zak and a very badly hurt Tifa.


"Tifa!" cloud said running up to her. He lifted her up and put her to the side.


"I…knew…you would come…when I was in trouble." She said as she passed out.


"I'm sorry… I lost…" Zak said still staring out into space. Sephiroth came out of the room. He walked silently past them all towards the exit.


"Cloud…kill…Sephiroth." Zak said holding his sword out to cloud from where he was laying. Cloud nodded and took the sword. He nervously walked out the door.


"SEPHIROTH!" he yelled as he brought the blade above his head and down towards him. Cloud saw the look of horror on Sephiroth face as the sword imbedded him. Cloud pulled the sword out of the slumping form. Sephiroth groaned and fell into the mako pool below.

A/N: thanks to Okong from gamefaq.com for the basement dialogue. Sorry about the weird paragraph seperation. My computer well it was built in like 2000 so it kinda sucks and its supper freaking slow. And there's about 600 viruses on it.