Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Old thoughts new feelings ❯ problems... ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"What's wrong?" Seifer asked worry appearing in his green cat like eyes.

"She went into a comma," Zell explained his eyes on his hands.

Seifer quickly picked his trenchcoat up off the floor and hurried out nearly knocking Zell to the floor.

Zell watched him walk off before looking at Squall who had picked up his shirt and was hurridly buttoning it.

"What?" Squall asked as he finished buttoning his shirt.

"Uh...nothing," Zell said looking away from him.

"Whatever," Squall bent down and picked up his jacket.

Zell moved out the way so Squall could get past and then followed him to Fujins room.

A doctor was standing by Fujin's bed attaching life support. Squall saw Seifer standing a few feet away with a disbeliving look on his face.

"How could she..." he muttered, "I was just talking to her and then..."

He waved his hand at her and then sighed and shook his head.

Raijin who was standing beside him cleared his throat and shifted uneasyily.

"Whats wrong?" he asked eyeing him.

"Nothing, ya know," Raijin muttered looking at his hands.

"What arin't you telling me?" Seifer asked raising his voice a bit.

"It's nothing ya know," Raijin said still in a low tone.

"Raijin hackmea Punjab," Seifer said using Raijins full name which he knew he hated.

"Alright Alright," Raijin said at once. "She said that she wanted me to tell you that she loved you."

A pregnant silence filled the room.

"She what?" Seifer asked giving him a shocked look.

"She said she loved you ya know," Raijin repeated.

Seifer didn't say anything he just dropped in a chair that sat in a cornorer,

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked looking down at his hands.

"It seemed to me you were taken so I didn't want to say anything," Raijin explained. "I didnt want to cause any problems ya know."

No one said anything. Seifer sat staring ahead. All this was way to much for him. His life was just moving to fast. Just when things were getting better everything would fall apart. Maybe he wasn't made to live a life maybe he was better of dead.

Siefer's thoughts subsided when Squall walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Maybe I'm better off dead," Seifer whispered just loud enough for Squall to hear.

"No Seifer," Squall said in a soft calm voice. "Don't ever think that. I need you. I love you."

"I just dont think I can take it any more," Seifer explained looking at his hands.

Squall took Seifer's face in his free hand and lifted it up so he they were looking eye-to-eye.

"Seifer," squall began, "I'll always be there for you. Everyone will always be there for you. If things are really getting that bad for you maybe you and I should sit down and talk about everything. Its not good keeping it all boxed in."

The group, Irvine, Zell, Riona, Selphie, and Quistis entered the room.

Squall patted Seifer's shoulder and walked over to them. In a whisper he explained what had happened,

"Let me talk to him," Riona explained. She seemed to have calmed down about what had happened eailer. "I'm ok with you and him now and I understand him much more then anyone else."

The others, all but Squall, turned and headed into the waiting room.

"You to Squall I want to talk to him alone," Riona explained.

Squall wanted to agrued but decided against it. He glanced back at Seifer before exciting the room.

Raijin quickly hurried past her not wanting to be yelled at.

Riona walked across the room and kneeled before Seifer.

"Seifer come on you need to let it out," Riona explained.

Seifer sighed looking away from her. He wanted to cry. He wanted to scream out everything that he had buried deep down but he couldn't. He didn't know why he couldnt he just couldnt.

"Seifer if you need to cry I understand," Riona explained. "Everyone does it. It's a great way of getting things. There is no need of being ashamed."

"Crying is for kids," Seifer said, short and simple.

"I won't tell anyone Seifer," she promised. "It would be our little secret."

Seifer gave her a week smile.

"I don't need to cry," he said but it was clear his voice was already breaking.

Riona knowing he was going to break into tears any mintue pulled him into a tight hug. As if on que Seifer broke into a river of tears.

"That's right Seifer," Riona said patting his back. "Get it out."

"I've ..been..screwed..by..the..world," Seifer said though his tears.

"Go ahead," Riona explained as his tears slowed a bit.

"Every time I...get something good...the world..takes something away," he sobed. "I get Squall it takes Fujin."

Riona didn't know what to say. She just patted his back again.

"I'd be better off dead!" he screamed.

"Mo, no," Riona chanted. "Never think that Seifer. Never even think of killing yourself."

"What do I have left?" he demaned.

"Squall," Riona explained. "You can't leave him. He would be heart broken. If you can't live for anyone else not even yourself live for him."

The blond stopped crying and pulled loss of her embrace. He didn't say anything at first. He just sat there looking at her. After a few mintues he spoke:

"Alright," Seifer said simply.

"Now come on and get something to eat. I know your starving." Riona instruted.

Seifer didn't say anything he just glacned at Fujin.

"Don't worry," Riona explained. "She'll be alright and even if something did happen do you think she would want to see you sitting here unhappy."

He turned and looked back at Riona and shook his head.

"Then get up and stop mopping," Riona ordered with a laugh.

Seifer rose and followed Riona into the waiting room. The only person there was Squall.

"Where did everyone go?" Riona asked looking around.

"Well," Squall began sighling that it was going to be a long story. "Zell had a hotdog and Irvine started to fight him to the death for it. Zell got pissed when Irvine won and walked off. Selphie got bad at Irvine and walked off. Irvine and Quistis slip up to go looking for them. I stayed her because they are driving me crazy."

"OK," Seifer said dropping in the sit beside Squall.

"Oh my," Riona said. "I better go help Quistis. Which way did she go?"

Squall poited down a hallway. Riona yelled a quick 'thanks' as she ran off.

"And how are you?" Squall asked looking at Seifer.

"I'm alright," Seifer explained. "Riona gave me a good talking to."

"You need to get your mind of Fuijin and I think I know a way," Squall explained smiling.

Sefier looked up a bit of a confussed look on his face. By the smile Squall was displaying Seifer knew it had nothing to do with Sex but there were sure going to have a fun time doing it.