Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Broken For You ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Broken For You
By Animechicka1992
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Fruits Basket.
 
A/N: I was watching the series for a whole day and figured to do a little bit of the `Continuation/One Shot' type jig. Hope you like!
 
Guide: “speaking”, narration and action, thinking
 
One Shot
 
“Let's go I'm starving!” Kyo shouted as he and Yuki turned to look back at the one girl they've come to truly trust with themselves so much.
 
Tohru clicked into her surroundings after thinking a prayer to her mother and nodded quickly. “Sorry I'm coming!!” And with that, she ran passed a smiling Hatori and Shigure and up to where Yuki and Kyo awaited.
 
She smiled as she held onto their hands and they walked side by side to the Soma house. The three happily smiled and when they arrived, everyone took their seat at the table as Tohru rushed around the kitchen to prepare some food. Some Miso for everyone, and then fried salmon for Kyo.
 
She put it around the table and they dug into the food.
 
~*~
 
“Tohru!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!” A small voice called. Everyone turned to the door to see little Momiji smiling as he clung onto Tohru's arm.
 
“Hey! What the heck are you doing you runt?!? We're trying to eat!! Stop being a pest and let her be!!” Kyo shouted protectively. Tohru gave a small smile.

”It's okay Kyo he doesn't understa-.” Tohru stared.
 
“No it's not okay!!! He should learn to stop being such a pest to you and know that sometimes people need some space!!” Kyo shouted. Before Tohru can defend, Kyo shot up out of his seat and ran after Momiji, who thinking it was a cute little game of tag, poked Kyo in the shoulder and took off running.
 
Everyone sighed.
 
“Stupid cat.”
 
“Leave it Yuki.” Shigure said. “We don't want him riled up anymore than he is already.
 
“Sissy?” A small voice called. “Sissy?” Tohru turned to see Kisa, who ran over for joy and gave Tohru a hug, Hiro slowly following behind her still as annoyed as ever.
 
“Hello there Kisa, Hiro. Care to join us there's plenty of food.” Tohru invited. Kisa nodded and sat down in Kyo's place by Tohru and pushing away the fried salmon, grabbed an extra bowl and began digging into the Miso soup. Hiro rolled his eyes.
 
“Yeah hello and all that. Whatever.” He said simply, and sat down next to Kisa and began eating his own Miso soup next to her.
 
“Well it seems that your word has spread Tohru.” Shigure said happily. Hatsuharu solemnly waved as he entered and took a seat by Yuki and began to dig in.
 
“Thought I'd join you.” He said simply. He ignored the fact that Kyo wasn't in the room, and continued. Tohru nodded happily in thanks as everyone continued eating. Hiro looked over at the door. “It's okay just come in Ritsu.”
 
Everyone turned to the door and Tohru put on a big smile as Ritsu's head popped into the doorway.
 
“Excuse me I'm sorry for barging in at a time like this but I heard the news and just had to come over with some jelly buns.” Ritsu said shyly.

”Have a seat Ritsu!” Tohru said happily. Ritsu smiled as he walked in, surprisingly in men's clothing, and sat across from Tohru. “Have some Miso, everyone's welcome to it.” And with much thanks and sorry, Ritsu started into the Miso.
 
“Oh little brother!!!! I'm here to visit!!” Ayame said in that sing-song voice of his. Yuki held in his anger as Ayame scooted in between Hatsuharu and Yuki. He gave his greeting to one and all, and helped himself to the Miso.
 
“Well this room became crowded fast.” Hatori said as he helped himself to some more Miso soup. “Everyone is here except for Akito and-.”
 
“OH KYO!!!!!!! I'M HERE AND I BROUGHT SOMETHING FOR YOU!!!” Kagura sing songed as she pranced into the room with a blue sweatshirt. She looked around shyly and everyone pointed outside, where faint shouts from Kyo and Momiji were heard. She put on that forceful face of hers and shouted, “I'M COMING MY LOVE!!!” and burst through to chase after Kyo.
 
“Well this is nice… everyone is here and having a good time.” Tohru said… even though everyone was squished into their seats.
 
~*~
 
Soon after, Momiji sat down by Tohru with a bump on his head, and Kagura sat next to Kyo, who had many scratches and bruises as everyone enjoyed their meal. Tohru stood up happily, taking care of her dishes, and walked into the kitchen. As she made her way to come back, Ritsu stood up, and they bumped into each other.
 
“Oh my word!! OH I'M SORRY!! I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRY!!!! I HOPE YOU CAN FINDIT IN YOUR HEART TO FORGIVE ME TOHRU!! I'M SORRY WORLD!! I'M SORRY FOR CREATING HAVOC WHEREVER I TURN!!! I'M SORRY FOR INJURING ANYONE I HAVE DURING MY PRESENCE WITH THEM!!! I'M SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Ritsu exclaimed. Tohru stood there in shock.
 
“Ri-ritsu!! You… stayed human!!” Tohru said. Everyone smiled cheerfully towards Tohru and with that, Kyo and Yuki stood to address her.
 
“Miss Honda… when Kyo realized that you accepted him…” Yuki started.
 
“…It broke the curse of my other form. Because eh.. Someone I cared for accepted me no matter what form.” Kyo said… blushing madly.
 
“And it turns out that Kyo's other form was what held the zodiac curse upon the Soma family.” Yuki said.
 
“And since it got rid of my other form, and my other form kept the Soma curse alive, it got rid of the zodiac curse all together.” Kyo said.
 
“And so we asked everyone to come so we can tell you and celebrate.” Yuki said.
 
“Because you're the one that saved us all. The curse is broken for you, and your kindness.” Kyo said, blushing as much as he could… if that was possible. Momiji turned behind him and brought out a cake. Hatori took the Miso soup off of the table, and the cake replaced it.
 
“Oh.. oh my gosh… I'm so happy for you all!” Tohru exclaimed. She cried with joy as she went around and hugged everyone, not a single one transforming. She hugged Kyo and Yuki last, planting a quick kiss on their cheeks… causing them both to blush and hug her back protectively.
 
“Here you go Tohru.” Shigure said cheerfully as he handed a slice of cake to Tohru. She, from her place in the room, she grabbed onto the cake and smiled as she took a bite.
 
Kyo and Yuki seemed to read minds as they looked at Tohru, unsuspecting… and leaned in all puckered up. It was at that same time, she moved and sat down next to Shigure… who decided to start teasing Hatori and Ayame.
 
Kyo and Yuki instantly opened their eyes when they heard her voice at a lower area, and stopped, yelling as they almost kissed. They crossed their arms and folded their backs to each other but then looked at Tohru and glared at each other, as if challenging each other with their eyes.
 
At the same time, they jumped down to Tohru's side and pecked her on the cheek, causing her to blush all the same.
 
They enjoyed the rest of the night together… the curse forever deceased.
 
The End.
I hope you liked it. Review and all that good stuff to let me know what you think please!!