Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ From Heaven to Hell ❯ Waves of Anger ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Okay, I admit, last chapter was a bit….lets just say…..sad and let me say again, I really don't want Hana to die, but its part of the story I guess. Anyway, you'll find out what's gonna happen in this chapter right here, well down there LOL. P.S this might be a sad chapter as well, for many people if you know what I'm talking about.
 
Chapter 7 Waves of Anger
 
Where love is strong, hate is weak; this is not necessarily true if you think of the complete opposite. When love is weak, hate is strong. When Hana was their friend, they would forgive her for anything she did wrong but when Hana turned against them, they found them-selves losing trust in her.
_________________________________________________________________ _____________________
 
“My heart is frail; I feel I am dying, slowly, without pain…” Hana felt her heart slowing down and her mind racing from loss of oxygen, water entering her mouth. She sunk deeper and deeper into the cold ocean.
 
Her force-field started to decrease in strength as she fell unconscious. This was the opportunity; Akito's spirit took over her as she felt a glow inside of her. Next thing that happened, she was floating in mid-air, water dripping off her face, the dark sea underneath her, the ship's light coming closer. She heard a thud as she landed on the ship.
 
“Where am I, what? I'm supposed to be dead.” Hana sat up slowly looking around her; it was past midnight in the early morning of 4am so everyone was asleep.
 
“No, this can't be, it did it again, that vengeful spirit did it again.” Tears rolled down Hana's eyes. Now she would cause even more destruction to the people she loved. She got up and tried to restore her energy as her shield faded again.
 
“Oh no, this can't be good.” She said to herself when suddenly she felt a powerful flame inside of her meaning anger of a spirit, a very estranged and stressed out spirit.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _____________________
 
“Hey Uo, can I come in?” Rin knocked on Uo's door.
 
“Yea sure, I'm not asleep yet, in fact I can't get to sleep.” Rin opened the door to find Uo lying on her bed with a flannel resting on her head.
 
“What's wrong with your head?”
 
“Oh it's just a scratch that Hana gave me when she let go suddenly before she could drop me.”
 
“So are you okay?” Rin wasn't normally the soft one but right now she felt Uo needed a helping hand especially when Tohru was in the cabin next door.
 
“I guess…” Uo lied.
 
“Come on, be honest.” Rin gave her a reassuring smile.
 
“I just can't believe that…that we have to kill her for real, she's my best friend, it's almost absurd.” Uo blurted out taking Rin's advice,
 
“Oh…that…well I guess I know how you feel, I mean it's just like that thing with Akito.” Rin sighed.
 
“What? Why does everyone keep saying Akito this…Akito that all the time? I mean who is he?”
 
“The head of our family. Let's just say he died recently.”
 
“And how does it relate to Hana?” Uo asked suspiciously.
 
“Long story, trust me, you don't wanna know. Well I guess I should be going to bed now too Bye.” Rin changed the subject.
 
“Nite.” Uo answered as she collapsed onto her bed and switched off her light.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _____________________
 
“What Akito? You really think it's him?” Kyo raised his voice as Yuki stood in silence.
 
“Why don't you come inside Tohru, its cold out there plus I'm afraid Kyo's voice could wake up more people.” Haru came through the corner. It was obvious that he was listening to their conversation with interest.
 
“Okay, thanks Haru.” Tohru walked in as Yuki shut the door behind him.
 
“So why do you think its Akito?” Kyo questioned still standing up as the others sat down.
 
“Because it makes perfect sense, Hana is being possessed by a spirit, that spirit is Akito. That's why Hana has been trying to kill me, especially with the rat poison in the drink, that's how I killed Akito and now he wants to kill me back, he wants revenge, he wants to kill me the same way that I killed him and even worse, he'll kill anyone who gets in his way using Hana's body. For example Uo who is always with me, he obviously wants her to go away, that's why he tried to kill her too.” Tohru explained quickly as she frowned with worry.
 
“Don't tell me that Akito's spirit is actually stalking us?” Kyo opened his mouth with disbelief.
 
“Stupid cat, that's exactly what she means.” Yuki glared at him.
 
“I think that's why Hana was telling us to kill her before she kills us, because she has absolutely no control of how Akito enters her mind controlling her every move. That's why she also said that we can't trust her anymore.” Tohru answered.
 
“And she's got a good point too, not that I actually think killing her will be the best idea.” Haru corrected.
 
“So where is she now?” Yuki asked.
 
Suddenly their door burst open and crumbled into wooden pieces; it was like a bomb had gone off or something. Kyo and the other's turned around seeing an evil Hana that fixed her gaze only on Tohru, she gave a wide grin that spooked Tohru out.
 
“TOHRU GET OUT OF HERE!” Kyo yelled as Momiji opened his bedroom door to see what the noise was all about. Then he realised Tohru was in danger, he quickly ran to her and grabbed her hand and dragged Tohru outside.
 
Haru, Yuki and Kyo confronted Hana giving her a `back off' look. With a swish of her hand, Haru went flying in the air and he crashed onto the flower vase that fell onto the floor and broke.
 
“Okay, now you're really gonna get it!” The black Haru emerged within him.
 
Haru ran towards Hana and started to punch and kick rapidly but he had forgotten that it was Akito's spirit. Akito blocked all of Haru's moves since he knew martial arts as well. Then Akito's eyes went flaming red as he focused on Haru making Haru hit the wall till he was unconscious.
 
“Haru!” Yuki shouted.
 
“Why you little..!” Kyo left his sentence incomplete as he charged at Hana and sending a lucky punch that Akito's spirit had forgotten to block. Using that time, he needed to find a way to kill Hana as Yuki tried to find a weapon.
 
But it was too late, within seconds, Hana was fully-energised again and she sent Yuki and Kyo in the same position as Haru. Akito's spirit remembered Tohru and walked outside to the deck, Hana spotted them under the table.
 
“Game's over twit!” Hana spoke in a rough voice; she completely ignored Momiji and turned her full attention onto Tohru who was shivering with fear.
 
“Tohru!” Momiji shrieked, Hana had just thrown Tohru across the deck and Tohru was grabbing onto the ledge with her life, if she let go, she would die from falling. This was like Uo's situation but knowing Hana's power, Tohru could die any minute. Momiji ran across and grabbed her hand just as she slipped.
 
“Momiji! Please don't let go.” Tohru screamed, now she knew how Uo felt, with such dangerous waters beneath her plus the height, this experience would have to be the scariest.
 
“I won't, now come on, I need you to use all your strength to climb up as I pull you, okay?” Momiji instructed as Tohru nodded nervously.
 
Soon she was on the deck again puffing and panting, she had lost nearly all her strength but where was Hana?
 
“You are gonna die, just as I died!” The voice made Tohru's heart feel numb. Hana had appeared behind her with a glass of water plus a bottle of which looked like rat poison.
 
“Come on Tohru, we have to get out of here.” Momiji held her hand tightly.
 
Tohru and Momiji sprinted out of their suite and into the nearest public spot which would have to be the casino, except that no one was in there because they were all asleep. They passed the poker table, the blackjack corner, the bar and the lucky strike machines. Hana followed them with the glass of poison and used her mind to pin Tohru to the ground.
 
“Now you're gonna get what you deserve.” Hana laughed, she approached Tohru and held the glass to her mouth.
 
“Go away Akito, leave Tohru alone.” Momiji grabbed the nearest chair and threw it at Hana who stopped it with a flick of a hand back at Momiji who was knocked out and injured.
 
“NO, Momiji!” Tohru cried desperately.
 
She pursed her lips together tightly so that Hana couldn't get anything into her mouth.
 
“Come on, just open your mouth!” Akito started to get frustrated.
 
“Stop Akito!” Shigure's voice hit the room. Tohru looked up and saw him with Ayame, Rin and Yuki.
 
Amazingly the spirit of Akito obeyed Shigure's voice and walked towards him. Rin and Yuki rushed to Tohru's side and pulled her up as Akito's force loosened.
 
“Shigure, how nice to see you.” Hana sneered with Akito's voice.
 
“Why are you doing this? Why can't you leave us in peace, Akito we still respect you, you know that.” Shigure pleaded.
 
“Oh no don't worry, it's not you I'm worried about, it's that orphan over there in that corner, she doesn't deserve to live, she can join me while I make her suffer.”
 
“Akito, you don't want to do this.” Shigure tried again.
 
“Oh yes I do Shigure.” Akito carried on.
 
“But Akito, you know revenge is not the answer, come on, let it go, forgive Tohru and you can be happy again, we can be happy again, you just need to move on with your umm….dead life.” Ayame suggested hoping Akito would listen to him.
 
“Haha, very funny Ayame, you've always been one to make up strange jokes. You do know I don't believe in happy endings, nor do I support murder, especially with an outsider of our family! She ruined everything and now she HAS to PAY!”
 
Hana turned around, shrugged then made her way towards Tohru.
 
“Hana, please! I know you're in there somewhere and you're my best friend, you know I still care about you lots! Hana, you need to push that spirit away from you.” Tohru tried a new method.
 
“What? Tohru?” Hana's flaming eyes disappeared as she returned back to her innocent self.
 
“Yes, Hana, look you have to listen to me now, please you got to save us, please, you're the only one who can. Fight against that spirit.”
 
“That's not true Tohru, I've tried drowning myself numerous times, I can't do it anymore, save yourself, kill me.” Hana gave Tohru a meaningful look.
 
“No, we can't do that, Hana, we don't want to kill you.”
 
“You have to, I don't have enough power to move the spirit, and we don't have much time Tohru!”
 
“Hana!”
 
“I-c-can't!” Hana struggled to stand, she was losing energy, and when she loses energy, Akito's spirit takes over. Hana felt an overwhelming pounding headache attack her as she stumbled and fell leaving the spirit free to roam inside her mind.
 
Then Hana stood up and ran to Tohru, grabbed the glass and forced it down Tohru's throat.
 
“NO!” Rin and Yuki said at the same time.
 
“Forgive me.” At that moment Momiji came out of nowhere with a gun and without hesitation, but with his hands shaking madly, the pistol fired a shot directly towards Hana. The noise of the gunshot shattered the hearts of many as the glass that contained the rat poison fell onto the floor and broke into pieces.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _____________________
 
A/N: Oh, I feel bad now…so again, sorry to people who like Hana. Please! I need 3 reviews in order to continue to be sure that you are okay with what I'm writing so far.