Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Musouka ~ Dare to Dream ❯ The Ever-So-Green Christmas Morning ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Eleven
 
It is the heart that makes a man rich. He is rich according to what he is, not according to what he has.
 
Henry Ward Sohma - Year 1919
 
The Sheep
 
The Ever-So-Green Christmas Morning
 
Momiji was the first to wake up from his beating the next morning, but besides the bruises Kyo gave him, he was still bouncy and excited. Last night though, obviously the only person that wasn't beaten by Kyo but was by Eriko was Yuki, whom had plenty of bruises on his arms, but no one had anything fatal. Momiji was as well, the first to go down the stairs-waking up every body else.
 
“Ya couldn't let anybody else stay asleep eh you little brat!” Kyo shouted as he followed Tohru and Yuri down the stairs, followed by a sleepy Yuki, a dull-looking Haru and quite content Eriko. Whether she was happy from Kyo's kiss last night or how she finally got to beat every person in the house or the fact it was Christmas morning, no one knew. Not even Yuri had a hunch, and Kyo had also felt the lingering feeling around Eriko. Unfortunately, Shigure did as well.
 
“Well well well! It seems that Eriko is in a good mood today! I wonder why? Maybe it's because of this beautifully decorated holiday taking place at this minute or the wondrous fact that you and Kyo-kun are now a couple…now now Kyo…” Shigure pointed out calmly with a smile as Kyo's eyes narrowed and minimized as he glared at Shigure, his hair was beginning to bristle.
 
“I'll make you lose last night's dinner if you don't shut the hell up,” Kyo threatened. Shigure wisely scurried away to search for his presents among the gifts near the tree. Sarah and Dikatou were out by this time.
 
“YAY! THANK YOU TOHRU!” Momiji cried as he hugged a small stuffed, floppy rabbit. It seemed, from Tohru, all the presents to the Sohma family were a specific animal. Shigure got a small black dog, Yuki a gray rat, Haru a black and white cow and Kyo an orange cat. She gave Yuri a book on cooking and Eriko a photo. Tohru had said that she wasn't sure what to give her and decided to give her the photo they took at the zoo when Eriko wasn't paying attention.
 
“Arigatou,” Eriko mumbled, it would have been more helpful if she had been more open, than Tohru would have gotten her a more useful item.
 
“AAAAKKKK!” Kyo cried as he opened a cylinder-shaped gift, which a green snake bounced out of with plenty of colorful confetti. Everyone in the room laughed at the seen of a bristling Kyo on the floor with a labored breath. The tag said To: Kyo From: Eriko.
 
“I hope you like your present, it was the only thing I could think of that would surprise you,” Eriko said.
 
“I'm ecstatic,” Kyo replied.
 
“What? You wanted boxing gloves?” Eriko asked sarcastically as she began to untie a ribbon.
 
“Why would I need them?”
 
“To box you moron,”
 
“Shut up!”
 
“Now you two, it's Christmas morning, don't spoil the wonderful occasion!” Shigure said in a sing-song voice as he than pulled out a list from his next present from Yuki, which was mentioning everything on it that said something about how embarrassing, moronic, perverted, and out of this world he was like the time he mentioned when Tohru first came to live with them. He also gave him one of the dictionaries out of the two he hit him with.
 
“Such painful memories! Why should I suffer so?” A teary Shigure asked the Rat.
 
“Face it, you deserved everything that resulted from those actions.” Yuki snapped.
 
“What actions?” Yuri asked.
 
“You don't want to know,” Yuki, Kyo, and Haru replied in unison.
 
“But it's not my fault that the experiences I have result so, you should consider yourself lucky. At least you have someone to come to when you need certain answers,” Shigure pointed out, making the three boys growl mercilessly.
 
“And you just said not to ruin the occasion!” Kyo hissed.
 
“But Kyo, I'm simply filling the atmosphere with bright excitement!”
 
“How so?” Yuki, Kyo, Haru, and this time Eriko asked, Shigure sweat-dropped.
 
“Yay! Thanks for the spinning top Yuri!” Momiji cried as he played with the yellow top. When everyone became engrossed with his or her gifts, Eriko opened her other present, from Kyo. It was small, like the size of a small jewelry box, but the funny thing was, it was a jewelry box made of beautiful dark wood (artificial) and had neat designs around it. Her instincts instantly told her to open it when she was alone. So she placed it aside and began opening the other presents.
 
“Ah! Thank you Yuri-chan!” Dikatou cried as he unwrapped his present from Yuri, it was a rather thick book called How to Explain Medical Problems. Eriko gave him a black tie with a red fox on it and another book called How to Interfere Without being Caught; a book based off of teenagers and their mood swings Eriko thought Shigure would have needed too.
 
“This calls for a great breakfast!” Sarah cried happily a few minutes later after the presents were opened.
 
“Ah!” Everyone awed at the marvelous sight of the piles of pancakes, amounts of bacon, eggs, toast, and so on.
 
“Well, instead of staring at the meal set out in front of us why don't we dig in!” Shigure cried as they finally began filling their plates.
 
“I see you like my coloring, it has a excellent aftertaste!” They all looked up at the girl near the stove, Kaede!
 
“Where'd you come from?” Kyo roared.
 
“My parents,” Kaede answered, her orange hair was up in wavy layers in a red and green separate scrunchies. She had golden, round earrings in her ears and wore a white sweater, a black belt, and a pair of green Jeans. Her jacket was hanging off of her shoulders slightly, and Shigure immediately began scanning her body.
 
“Now that was not the answer I was lookin' for!” Kyo growled.
 
“But Kaede-chan, what are you doing here?” Sarah asked.
 
“And what do you mean by `coloring'?” Yuki asked suspiciously.
 
“Like I said, it has an excellent aftertaste, or more like aftercolor, hehe!” Kaede giggled as they all looked at one another, hoping someone had an idea of what she was talking about. Eriko was the first with a hunch, by sticking out her tongue. All their eyes widened, her tongue was green! When Kyo stuck out his tongue, it was red! Momiji's was orange! Shigure's was blue! Haru's was yellow! Sarah's was a dark pink! Dikatou's was purple! Yuki's was black! Tohru's was a white coloring! And Yuri's was gray!
 
“This is somehow, not right…” Kyo mumbled, glaring at the Tiger.
 
“Of course it isn't right, our tongues are suppose to a pink!” Yuki replied.
 
“I think it's neat!” Momiji cried.
 
“Ya think everything's neat till you get whacked!” Kyo shouted, making Momiji whimper.
 
“Leave those alone that appreciate my work!” Kaede hissed at Kyo, with a dark expressions and small pupils.
 
“And what are you going to do about it!” Kyo asked.
 
“Simple, remove that ladder from the house.” Kaede answered.
 
“What ladder?” The Sanotomonos asked. Eriko remembered the ladder that Kyo had gotten out of the woods, but that had been thrown away so he wasn't stupid enough to use it again.
 
“I got it from your neighbor's,” Kyo answered.
 
“Look who's stealing now,” Haru said dully.
 
“It's called burrowing!” Kyo growled, than he turned back to Kaede, “And what would it matter if you removed it? It isn't mine anyway!”
 
“Do you really want to know what else I can do?” Kaede asked, her grin looked crooked and her face darkened as her eyes narrowed, it seemed that her hair stood on end slightly and claws and fangs were revealed, her eyes flashed gold for a second as well.
 
The room went dead silent; none of them wanted to know what she would do.
 
“If removing that ladder won't do anything, than this will!” Kaede said, holding up a tape.
 
“What's that?” Eriko and Kyo asked suspiciously.
 
“Something Aunt Sarah taped last night,” Kaede answered, but that was enough to have both teens glaring at Sarah.
 
“What have I ever done to you?” Eriko asked sarcastically, Sarah sweat-dropped, Kyo's knuckles cracked.
 
“What would you do with that ya little brat?” Kyo asked, trying to relax his muscles.
 
“Post it all over the internet!” Kaede cried happily.
 
“You wouldn't!” Kyo and Eriko cried.
 
“I would!”
 
“That's one hell of a screwed up cousin of yours,” Kyo growled at Eriko.
 
“She's more screwed up than the screw itself,” Eriko said dully, sighing.
 
After breakfast, Tohru, Yuri, Yuki, and Momiji were enjoying their gifts. Shigure was writing another story, Sarah and Dikatou left to enjoy themselves, Haru took the pleasure as to shoveling the driveway after a whole night of snow, Eriko was in her room reading, and Kyo was going to go to the roof till an unexpected force changed his path to `kill Kaede no matter what the cost'.
 
“YOU LITTLE BRAT!” Kyo cried it seemed as he was walking out of the porch, Kaede had tripped him into the snow and mud and covered him in filth. At the moment, a dripping Kyo was chasing Kaede around the house with every intention to kill.
 
After the twentieth time of running next to her window on the second floor, Eriko sighed, placed the fox book down and opened her window. When she saw Kyo coming, she leaped and landed on him.
 
“How is this not happening?” Kyo asked her after he regained his senses from the impact with Eriko a few inches away from him. Kaede had ran into the house to join the others with their gifts, Haru was going in next to take a quick shower.
 
“What's not happening?” Eriko asked.
 
“How I'm not turning into a-erm! Flattened pulp!” Kyo quickly corrected his almost-slip. When they got up, Kyo sneezed, earning himself an Eriko check-up. When she placed her hand on his forehead, her face turned concerned.
 
“You better get clean and rest or you'll get a-” Kyo out his fingers to her mouth to stop her from saying more.
 
“I learned that saying things often lead to them happening,” Kyo said.
 
“Well, you will get ill if you don't clean up and get some rest, so let's move!” Eriko said after he removed his fingers.
 
“ALL RIGHT I'M MOVIN' GEEZ!”
 
While Haru continued having his shower in her parents bathroom, Kyo was forced to take one in Eriko's. At least she would be there when he got out, with clothes on by all means.
 
Thank Inari that they all brought their own belongings, but who wouldn't, Eriko thought. But than she heard an outburst of laughter downstairs. She walked out of her room and walked towards the balcony watching over the living room. She held back a gasp; Haru was out in a white T-shirt and black, skin-tight jeans. But what was so interesting about him was the fact he had green hair!
 
“What's so funny?” Haru asked, they began to laugh harder till the Cow had enough sense to walk back into the bathroom and look in the mirror.
 
“HOLY CRAP! WHO'S RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS!” Black Haru roared from the bathroom.
 
“Well, that's my Que. to scadue, happy holidays everyone!” Kaede cried as she ran out the door. Yuri and Tohru ran into the office where Shigure was, Yuki and Momiji ran up the stairs and into Yuri's room (which was closest). But than it struck her, Kyo!
 
Eriko ran back into her room just when Kyo was leaving the bathroom and was in her room with a towel over his shoulder. He was wearing a black T-shirt with his usual tan khaki jeans. She gasped, and tried hard to keep a stoic face. But…failed miserably.
 
“Omigod!” she cried out of bursts of laughter.
 
“What?” he asked, she just laughed harder. She pointed a trembling hand up at his head; he frowned for a moment before going back into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. When no response came, Eriko stopped laughing and looked at the door.
 
Creak!
 
The door opened and Kyo came out with his green bangs shadowing his eyes. The towel was gone, but now his jaw began to twitch and his hands were clenched into fists, they were too shivering uncontrollably.
 
“I'LL KILL THAT BRAT WITH EVERYTHING I AM!” Kyo roared as aimed for the door, but Eriko had embraced him from doing so and had him pinned to the wall. He gave up instantly and looked down at her and began blushing.
 
Man! I only kissed her once and I still feel so flustered being in these kinds of conditions! Damnit! Kyo thought. When he sneezed again, it brought both of them back to their senses.
 
“I guess it's best for you to get some sleep hm?” Eriko asked.
 
“Fine, I'll go to Yuri's room, not like I'm spending the night anyhow…” Kyo growled as he began regretfully moving towards the door till Eriko caught his right forearm.
 
“No, you rest in here. If Yuri needs anything she'll have to go in there and probably wake you up. It'll be best to rest in here,” Eriko said, Kyo looked at her as he than marched over to her bed and collapsed into it. Eriko smiled and left the room to go downstairs. Everyone remained in hiding still (since Haru had went on a rampage after Kaede in his barefoot and will probably might charge back into the house as a madman), so Eriko thought this would be a good time to open that gift Kyo gave her.
 
She found the box where she left it and picked it up. She than opened it and stared at the beautiful azure jewel. It was a long, silver necklace with it ending as a blue sapphire encrusted into a silver five-pointed star. She fingered it as she than began walking up the stairs. The guilt of only giving Kyo confetti was making her happy that she too had another gift for him.
 
When she went back into her room Kyo was sound asleep. Eriko locked the door and set the jewelry box open on her dresser than crawled into bed with Kyo and placed a kiss on his lips.
 
There Kyon, there's my present to you, she thought. As if reading her mind in his sleep, his face went into her hair and he began to nip at her ear. You're more affectionate than you let on huh? She smirked as she allowed him to wrap his arms around her protectively.
 
“My Eriko…” he murmured in his sleep. That got Eriko staring at him with the oddest look on her face.
 
“Who are you and what have you done to Kyo?”