Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Un Monde Sans Danger (A World Without Danger) ❯ Rainy Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“There's not a damn person in this town,” Ed complained as he and his brother walked through the rainy streets of a seemingly abandoned city. The steady clunk of Al's footsteps echoed through the street. “Don't worry, brother. We're bound to find someone soon.” The older brother dropped his head. “Let's hope you're right, Al.” Keeping his head down, he stuck his hands in the pockets of his tight leather pants as they walked by an alley. As soon as they were past the alley, a girl came from out from it. Ed had little time to turn around to respond to the noise of a splashing puddle as the girl snatched his pocket watch, breaking off the chain and running as fast as she could. It took a stunned Edward less than a second to realize what had happened. “Hey! Get back here!” he yelled as he ran. The girl already had a pretty big head start and was turning a corner as Ed ran onto the street. He caught up with her, screaming for her to stop the whole way. Running until he was a few feet behind her, he clapped his hands and slammed them on the ground. Blue sparks flew and in a split second Ed's plan went into motion, trapping the girl in a concrete cage. Smirking in victorious glee, he walked towards the cage which held her captive. She whimpered and backed away to the corner farthest from his position, clutching the silver pocket watch in her fist. On her face was an expression of sheer terror. Grabbing the bars on the wall of the cage nearest to him with his auto-mail arm, he ripped them off and threw them behind him before climbing in the cage to confront the girl. She dared not look at him. Ed angrily grabbed the girl's wrist holding the watch and pulled her up but stopped abruptly and froze, holding her in the air.
 
She had the most beautiful face he had ever seen. Her skin was slightly pale, but smooth and soft, her lips the color of a sweet raspberry, all of her features perfect and even. Her body was fit but delicate, almost fragile. Her silky black hair shone with a tint of red. And her eyes; her pleading, crimson eyes stared up at him, reflecting-
 
“Brother!” Ed snapped out of his daze as he heard his brother's voice behind him. Looking up at his younger brother to find what was wrong, and noticed that he was staring straight ahead. Edward followed the trail of his gaze to a group of men, all in black and brown clothing, and all with a gun in hand. He ducked the first shot, and still holding onto the girl's wrist, he pulled her out of the cage and yelled to her and Al, “Let's go!” before bolting down the street, the men running after them and shooting like they had infinite ammo. The group turned the corner and ducked into an alley and Al used alchemy to create a stone wall, blocking any way in or out. Ed breathed heavily as they heard the group pass by. “We should stay here, until we're sure it's safe,” Al suggested. Ed nodded and sat down next to the terrified girl. He didn't realize it until now that she looked about his age, and was about an inch or two shorter than himself. “I'm sorry,” Ed apologized slowly taking the pocket watch away from her and slipping it into his pocket. “but you can't take this, I need it.” He patted his right pocket, a bulge visible. She seemed to tense a bit, but her breath became steady and she calmed down. “My name is Ashelin.” She said solemnly, shifting her body on her seat on the ground. Ed could've sworn that she scooted closer to him. “I'm Edward Elric. You've probably heard of me-“ his boasting was interrupted by a metal hand over his mouth. He knew this was a signal to listen, and sure enough, he heard voices. “I think they're in there,” a man said. There was some more chatter before a familiar voice bellowed, “Stand clear!” The group quickly ran behind a large dumpster, just missing the stone bricks that came flying as Al's wall was destroyed. Ed peeked out and saw Armstrong in poise, and Roy, followed by the military. The Elric brothers walked out from behind the dumpster and saluted the Ltn. Colonel. Roy acknowledged the gesture before inspecting a whimper from behind the dumpster. “Who is this?” he asked in his usual tone. “That's Ashelin, we - erm - kinda met her.” Roy helped her up but everyone was shocked when she screamed and pain and fell to the ground. She had her hand on a spot on her muddy dress; a bullet wound. Everything went blurry for her, and she heard distant voices. She saw Roy yelling at some men to get something. The last thing she saw before she went unconscious was Ed standing above her, a worried look on his face.
 
 
To Whom It May Concern:
YEY! I've had this idea for a long time and now it's finally coming true! *sporks readers* Review it or DIE! If you don't… *loads missile launcher* I'll lock, load, and KILL YOU! *blows up house* Oops…I hope nobody was in there.
Roy: Ow…*crawls out smoldering and burnt*
Me: *stares* Oh well.
 
Maybe some lemons in the near future. *winks*