Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Nuriko ❯ Trauma, Shock, and all that Other Stuff ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
A Sad Ending



A girl, of about 13 or 14 sat in front of the screen of a computer, looking stunned. She had been surfing the internet, looking up facts and lots of other fun stuff about one of her favorite animes, Fushigi Yuugi.



In case you haven't noticed, she was an anime fan.



She was a very dedicated fan. She did her best to see every episode, researched endlessly, wrote tons of fanfiction. She cried when her favorite characters died, she cheered when they won.



So what had caused her such shock?



She had folowed a link -one that had warned her of spoilers- and found that Nuriko, who happened to be her favorite character from Fushigi Yuugi, was going to die.



Giving himself up for his friends. For MIAKA. How she hated that girl. She was so, happy and bubbly, and, and, stupid, and yet she had two bishounen fighting for her heart. Including Hotohori. And because of that, Hoto-sama had broken Nuriko's heart without even knowing it.



How ironic that he died saving the one person who had taken his love away from him. Don't you agree?



By this time, the thought of Miaka so infuriated her that she was screaming and yelling things that sounded suspiciously like "You b****! How could you let him die? YOU'RE the one who deserves to be dead! DIE!! DIII-IIE!!!!"



Of course, if you are an anime, or particularly a Fushigi Yuugi fan, I believe that you could relate to her feelings, no?



Eventually, with the help of a discovery of another GREAT anime (in her opinion) she got over it. But the Fates had other ideas.



On another fine day, she was, yet again, on the internet, but this time she was searching for AMV's. She had recently got hooked on them, and she came across one titled 'Tribute' with the song 'I will Remember You' sung by Sarah McLachlan.



Guess what. It was about the poor, blue-haired, DEAD seishi.



It was very, very sad, what with the slow lyrics, the 'flashbacks' of the seishi and friends, and his dying face in the end on the screen. By the end of the vdeo, tears were streaming down her face with no hope of stopping anytime soon.



Her friends saw the video, and broke down sobbing along with her. They never really did get over it.





~Owari~