Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Going For Gold ❯ Chapter 63 ( Chapter 63 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Going for Gold”
 
January 2007 ShenLong
 
Chapter 63
 
No sooner had Duo and Heero brought their mounts to a halt in the stable yard than a car towing a float was turning in just a few seconds behind them.
 
“Here, give me Angel and I'll see to the horses. You go see what the emergency is,” Heero said and took the reins of the mare from Duo.
 
“Thanks, Heero,” Duo replied and quickly darted to the stable block to open up the doors for both Heero and the emergency.
 
Heero led the two horses inside, both behaving beautifully as if they could sense the urgency in the air. Heero quickly slipped the halter over Angel's bridle and left the mare there whilst he attended to Shini first. He knew Angel would wait patiently, Shini tended to be a bit more on the fiery side being a stallion and all. Not knowing what sex the injured horse was either made Heero work twice as fast to unsaddle Shini and get the gray back out to the paddock. Whilst Shini knew all the horses here at Duo's, a stranger was a different matter and it was a stallion's natural instinct to protect his herd of mares and property.
 
Duo didn't need anything further complicating his treatment of the injured horse so Heero was quick to get the gear off his horse, the stallion brushed over and with his summer rug on, led back out to the paddock.
 
With Heero taking care of the horses, Duo removed his helmet and placed it on the bench before unlocking the dispensary door, grabbing his stethoscope and heading back out to the car and float, running his fingers through his bangs and loosening them from the sweat that had formed under the helmet as he went.
 
As Duo approached, the driver turned the engine off and two people got out. The driver was a middle aged woman, the passenger a young, teenage girl and obviously the owner of the horse in the float. The girl was dressed in a shirt and jodhpurs, indicating she'd obviously been riding the horse at some stage.
 
“Doctor Maxwell?” the woman said as Duo approached.
 
“Yes, I'm Doctor Maxwell, I understand you have a bit of an emergency, Mrs...?” Duo stopped in front of the woman and extended his hand, careful to keep a reassuring smile on his face.
 
“Mrs Roberts, Barbara Roberts,” the woman replied and shook Duo's hand. “This is my daughter, Kelly.”
 
Kelly came forward and gave a ghost of a smile, her face was pale and cheeks bore the tracks of tears.
 
“Thank you for seeing Symphony for us.”
 
“My pleasure, Mrs Roberts. Now, could you tell me what happened, please?” Duo was doing his best to remain confident.
 
“We were on our way home from a show out Westbury way, just driving along slowly. There was this car behind us.”
 
Duo had an idea of what was coming next.
 
“I guess he was impatient being stuck behind me as I was going slower than the speed limit, anyway, he decided to try and overtake us. There was another car coming the opposite way and I slowed down even more so he would make it...” Barbara's voice began to falter a little.
 
“It's okay, go on,” Duo coaxed.
 
“He, he cut us off as he came back in front. I had to brake heavily and the float began to fishtail. Somehow I managed to keep both car and float upright and bring us to a stop, but I could hear and feel the banging in the float from Symphony. When we stopped I got out and went to check... She's still standing, but there's a lot of blood. I didn't dare take her off in case I couldn't get her back on. Kelly managed to get inside and did her best to see what the damage was. I think it's mainly her legs... I couldn't...” Barbara began to shake and tears threatened to fall as the reality and shock of the near miss began to set in.
 
“It's okay, Mrs Roberts. I'll do everything I can for Symphony,” Duo reassured.
 
“Thank you. Once I knew she was hurt I called directory for the nearest vet and they gave me your number. I'm sorry to have called you away from a ride.”
 
“No problem at all, Mrs Roberts. Look, can we lower the tail gate and I can get a good look at the horse before we bring her inside the stable area?”
 
“Of course.” Mrs Roberts managed to get a hold of herself and moved to the tail gate, Duo took the other side and between them they lowered the ramp.
 
Duo ducked under the empty side tail chain and spoke softly to the horse. She was a chestnut mare, roughly fourteen two. “Easy, girl,” Duo murmured as his eyes roved over the horse's body and legs. He resisted the urge to whistle. There was a lot of blood, some up the sides of the float but mostly on the floor - and it was still dripping.
 
Exiting the float, Duo was pleased to spot Heero out the corner of his eye leading Angel back to her paddock. Good, he'd have Heero's assistance very shortly. Turning back to the mother and daughter, Duo spoke softly but with conviction. “I need to get her into the stable block and in the crush to assess the exact damage. Once I know what we're dealing with I will know what course of action to take. Heero, my vet nurse will be back in just a moment and he will be able to give us a hand to get her off and inside.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
“Will she be... okay?”
 
The voice spoke almost in a whisper and Duo nearly missed the words. He turned to the girl and gave her his best smile. “I'll do everything I can for her, Kelly.”
 
Kelly nodded and gave a shy smile back. “She's my show horse,” she announced proudly.
 
“I see. Have you won much with her?”
 
“Oh yes. She's really good in the hacking and dressage.”
 
Duo smiled. That sounded promising. If the teenager was doing well with the horse and obviously had a strong love for the animal then the chances were that the mare was good natured, and that meant it would be easier for Duo to treat her.
 
Heero jogged up from the paddock then and raised an eyebrow in Duo's direction.
 
“Excuse me a moment,” Duo said and turned to bring Heero up to speed with the case.
 
Heero nodded. “I'm ready to help bring her in whenever you are, Doctor Maxwell.”
 
“Then let's not wait any longer.”
 
With Mrs Roberts and Kelly standing either side of the tail gate and ready to drop the chain, Duo went inside the float whilst Heero took the front end and undid the lead rope to bring the mare off. Duo figured that with Heero's experience, he would be the better person to do that.
 
Slowly and with a lot of coaxing, they managed to get the mare out of the float and down the ramp. Duo's eyes were traveling all over the horse as the four of them helped her into the stable block and crush. Once the mare was secure in the crush, Duo turned to Kelly and asked the girl and her mother to remain by the mare's head and talk to her. She would be easier to keep calm if the people she knew and trusted were with her where she could see and hear them.
 
With the clients engaged in keeping the horse calm, Duo turned to Heero. “Could you bring the hose over please? We need to wash as much of the blood away as possible so I can see what I'm dealing with.”
 
Heero went to fetch the hose, Duo moved to the side of the crush and knelt down by the mare's front legs. He was pleased to note she wore floating boots, no doubt they had given her a measure of protection, but Duo was concerned about what damage he would find underneath.
 
Heero returned with the hose and lay it to one side, crouching beside Duo to give the vet a hand to remove the floating boots. Carefully, the pair peeled away the boots, blood having dried on them and causing them to stick in places. Once all four legs were exposed, Duo could continue his examination.
 
So far he'd not detected any cuts or scrapes to the mare's head, neck or body. It seemed only the legs were damaged.
 
Turning the water on slowly, Heero began to run it over the mare's legs, washing away the blood and making it easier for Duo to see. Once one leg was cleaned up a little, Duo began his examination whilst Heero began to clean up the next leg.
 
The damage to the front legs looked worse than it actually was. There were several cuts and scrapes, all bleeding sluggishly, but not too deep. Only a couple would require stitching. The hind legs were worse off.
 
There were several deep lacerations, one in particular went through the muscle. Fortunately it didn't look like the tendons or ligaments were damaged and Duo breathed a sigh of relief over that. From Duo's observations it appeared it would be one big stitching job.
 
Straightening up, Duo noted Heero waiting with an expectant look on his face. Seemed Heero was also aware of what the job would entail. Turning his attention back the Roberts' Duo cleared his throat and spoke.
 
“Firstly, let me reassure you it isn't as bad as it looks. She has several cuts and scrapes, most of which will need to be stitched. There's a deep one on her off hind which has cut the muscle, but I'm confident we can repair that too.”
 
Heero noted what Duo said and disappeared into the dispensary to fetch the suture materials and local anesthetic.
 
“Thank god for that,” Barbara breathed.
 
“She's a very lucky horse, it could have been a lot worse. Fortunately for her, you're very conscientious and had leg protection on her for the floating trip. Those floating boots took a lot of the force, without those I'd say she could quite easily have cut through a major blood vessel,” Duo said softly.
 
“They always taught us in Pony Club that regardless of how long or short a floating trip we should always use leg protection on our horse,” Kelly piped up.
 
Duo turned to the girl and smiled. “I'm glad to see you took notice. They are very wise people and wouldn't tell you something if it wasn't meant to help you. And as you can see for yourself, without that protection your horse could have been a lot more seriously injured.”
 
Heero returned then with the materials Duo would need, setting them down on the bench and then going back in the dispensary to collect some bandages and gauze.
 
“Thank you, Heero,” Duo said and walked over to the bench to prepare the local anesthetic. “I'll give her a mild sedative too, just enough to keep her calm,” he said to Mrs Roberts.
 
“What is the outlook, Doctor Maxwell?” Mrs Roberts asked as she gently stroked the mare's neck.
 
“She's going to be very sore and swollen for a few days, probably lame as well. There's no reason why she shouldn't make a full recovery though. I'll do my best to stitch as small as possible to minimize any scarring.”
 
“I don't care about scarring,” said Barbara. “Just as long as she's sound and Kelly can continue to ride and have fun with her. She's sort of... I guess you could say she's a part of the family.”
 
“Believe me, Mrs Roberts, I know exactly what you mean,” Duo responded, his voice full of warmth and sincerity.
 
“Will she be able to travel home today?” Kelly asked.
 
“I'd like to keep her here at the surgery for a couple of days,” Duo replied. “She's not going to want to walk much at all to start with. Her legs will swell and she will be very sore. I think if she stays with me for a few days I can make sure the wounds don't get infected. Once she's sound enough I'll call you to come and collect her. Horses seem to heal faster if they're in a familiar environment so I want her to go home to you as soon as possible.” Duo gave the teenager a smile and squeeze to the shoulder.
 
“Thanks. I know you will take good care of her,” Kelly replied.
 
“Okay, I'd better get on with stitching her up then, it will take a while so you may want to sit down for a bit or if you're not too far away, take your float home and then come back,” Duo suggested.
 
Mrs Roberts thought about Duo's words for a moment then made up her mind. “If you're sure you don't mind, I'll take the float home and then come back. We only live another fifteen minutes drive away and I haven't let my husband know what's happened yet either. I'm sure he must be getting a bit worried by now. I'd call him but my cell is about to go flat.”
 
“Symphony will be fine, Mrs Roberts. I think it would be best if you take the float home and then come back. By then we should be almost done with the stitching. I'll get you to give Heero here a few details first though if you don't mind. Oh, and when did she have her last tetanus shot?”
 
“Six months ago,” Mrs Roberts replied. “I'll leave Kelly here too if that's okay. She can stay with the mare and keep her calm.”
 
“That's fine.” Duo turned to Heero. “Could you get all the usual details, please? I'll give the mare the sedative now and by the time you're finished it should have kicked in and I can give her the local and start stitching.”
 
“No problem,” Heero replied and turned to Mrs Roberts. “If you could come with me into the dispensary I'll get all the details for Doctor Maxwell.”
 
Heero wrote down all the information he needed and then waved the woman off. Returning to the crush he noted Duo threading up needles and getting the local anesthetic ready.
 
With Kelly standing at the mare's head and talking soothingly to her, Duo quickly injected the anesthetic into the various nerves of the legs and waited for a couple of minutes for it to start to work.
 
Heero took up position to the side with the needles, scissors, forceps and catgut. Once the area was completely numb, Duo began to work.
 
* * *
 
“That's the last one,” Duo stated wearily as he tied off and cut the last suture. He managed to stand up, slowly though as his muscles had seized up on him from being crouched for so long. As he straightened his spine and rubbed the sore muscles of his lower back, he took a moment to cast his eyes over the legs. He gave a soft smile.
 
“Thank you so much, Doctor Maxwell. That is fantastic. Those stitches are so tiny you can hardly see them,” Mrs Roberts said warmly, the smile on her face getting larger by the minute. She had returned when Duo was about half way through, her husband had come with her and the three of them had taken turns standing with the mare and watching Duo stitch.
 
“I don't think there will be much in the way of scarring,” Duo said as he took the offered gauze and bandage from Heero.
 
“Like I said before, if she is scarred it doesn't matter. As long as she's okay and Kelly can ride her safely again then that's good enough for me,” replied Mrs Roberts.
 
“I'm expecting her to make a complete recovery,” Duo said as he bandaged the first of the four legs. Once all the legs were bandaged securely, Duo gave the horse a shot of penicillin. Heero checked to see what feed the mare was currently getting and went to make up a feed for her.
 
Kelly accompanied Heero and gave him a hand with the feed and filled up a water bucket, placing it in one of the empty stables. Once everything was ready, Duo opened the crush and Kelly led her horse to the prepared stable. Symphony was still slightly under the effects of the sedative, but felt a lot more comfortable than before. Duo had given Heero some phenylbutazone granules to put in her feed which would help with the swelling and also any discomfort.
 
With there being nothing more to do for the mare, the Roberts' left after thanking Duo once more and promising to ring the following morning to see how Symphony was. Once they had gone, Duo returned to the stables to finish cleaning up and put the used equipment into a container to take up to the surgery and be put through the autoclave.
 
Heero put the rest of the night feeds in the stables and went to bring in the horses. Angel was stabled next to the patient and the mare's calm, sweet nature helped to settle the new comer. Wing, Shini and Zero were all opposite the mare, Wing not bothering with the chestnut, Zero behaving in a gentlemanly manner whilst Shini proceeded to deafen Heero with his calls to the pretty young thing.
 
Hoping that the noise wouldn't go on for too long, Heero set about changing rugs and settling the horses down. Shini continued to call to the new horse and Heero thought he might have to put him back out into the paddock for the night just so they could all get some rest, but Zero solved the problem for him.
 
Being the senior stallion, Zero wasn't about to take much more of his offspring's continued efforts to get the mare's attention. After suffering through the younger stallion's calls for a while, Zero let it be known he was not amused by reaching over the stable door, putting his ears flat back and threatening to bite the other stallion.
 
Shini immediately shut up.
 
Duo shook his head in amusement as he watched the antics of the horses, Heero beside him and chuckling lightly.
 
“Zero isn't about to take any shit, is he?” Duo mused.
 
“Nope. He's senior stallion and what he says, goes. Shini wouldn't dare cross him. He knows Zero is the top dog and if he wants to remain bite free, he'll do as Zero tells him.”
 
“Ah, the wonders of the pecking order,” Duo snickered.
 
“Comes in handy sometimes,” Heero replied with a smile and then the smile wavered and his eyes opened a little wider as Duo turned to face him, a predatory look in his eye.
 
“If someone else wishes to remain bite free, I suggest they do as they're told too,” Duo said, his voice low and husky.
 
“Oh? And is there any particular reason why you should want to bite me?” Heero questioned.
 
“Only if you're misbehaving.” Duo moved closer and wrapped his arms around Heero, pulling the rider close and pressing their groins together.
 
“I think I'd better be very good then,” Heero moaned and rubbed himself against the vet.
 
“I like that answer. Now, if all is finished here, let's go back to the house so I can seduce you.”
 
“Ohhh, I like your promises.”
 
* * *
 
Once they were back inside the house, Heero found himself locked at the lip with a very enthusiastic and horny Duo.
 
“Bedroom, now,” Heero managed to whisper out between kisses.
 
Somehow they managed to make it to the bedroom, still kissing and gently groping as they went. Duo kicked the door shut and proceeded to remove Heero's shirt, teeth nipping at the golden skin as it was bared to his touch.
 
“Not that I'm complaining, but what suddenly brought this on?” Heero panted and shook his arms to dislodge the shirt that was currently hooked on his elbows.
 
Pausing in his attention to Heero's nipples, Duo growled softly. “Just confirming the pecking order.”
 
“Ahh... I see. Ohhh, that's nice.”
 
Duo managed to push Heero back to the bed where they fell upon the mattress in a tangle of arms and legs. Heero's hands reached for Duo's shirt and tugged it off, both men rolling a little as they fought for dominance. Heero ended up on top and began his own torment of Duo's body. Fingers traversed the planes of Duo's chest, pausing at a nipple to tweak and toy before switching to the counterpart.
 
Duo's hips began to squirm as his trapped erection ached and he sought some relief. The grinding against Heero though only added to his torment.
 
“Patience is a virtue,” Heero managed to mutter as he sucked on a dusky nub.
 
“Patience be damned,” Duo growled.
 
“Good things come to he who waits,” Heero quoted with a snicker at his lover's obvious need.
 
“I've waited long enough.” Duo moved quickly, taking Heero by surprise and flipped them over. Smirking as he straddled Heero's hips, Duo let his fingers 'walk' down Heero's chest and stop at the zipper and catch of the jodhpurs. He toyed with them for a moment, then swiftly undid the catch and lowered the zipper.
 
“Ahhh,” moaned Heero as the vet's hand snuck inside and brought his growing erection out.
 
A gentle hand stroked lovingly over the firm flesh, coaxing more moans from Heero.
 
“Oh, yes,” Heero's hips began to roll with the touch. His hands grappled for some form of purchase, finding only the quilt and latching on.
 
“You want more?” Duo asked, his mouth hovering slightly above Heero's engorged penis.
 
“Lots more,” came the husky reply.
 
“Good.” Duo lowered his mouth and sucked Heero deep inside.
 
“Oh, God,” Heero groaned as he writhed upon the bed.
 
Taking his time, Duo savored every inch of Heero's hard flesh, twirling his tongue, flicking around the sensitive head and then sucking the rider's length as deep as he could without choking. With Heero distracted by the ministrations to his hard need, Duo's hands began to ease the jodhpurs down over Heero's hips and free more of his lover to his sight, taste and touch.
 
Finally registering that Duo was trying to remove his pants, Heero shifted to aid in the removal. Jodhpurs were tight things and hard to remove at the best of times, but when you were being driven insane by your lover and wanting nothing more than to be free to the air, they could be downright evil and refuse to budge…
 
As was the case now.
 
Growling softly, both Heero and Duo tugged and wriggled in an attempt to pull the offending garment off. It wasn't working. Getting more and more frustrated, Heero eventually coaxed Duo from his cock so he could stand up to remove the clingy jodhpurs
 
Yanking them down to his knees, Heero managed to pull the one leg down enough for him to stand on the end and tug his leg free. The procedure was repeated with the other leg and Heero was finally able to breath a sigh of relief.
 
Duo snickered as he watched his partner grappling with the jodhpurs, and then he moaned loudly as Heero's body was completely bared to his view. That gorgeous cock stood up straight, curving a little towards Heero's belly and leaking precome. He licked his lips.
 
“Aren't you a little overdressed?” Heero questioned, watching the predatory look in his lover's eye.
 
“Easily fixed,” replied Duo and quickly shucked out of his jeans and boxers, standing unashamedly nude before his boyfriend.
 
After admiring the view for a moment, Heero dropped back to the bed and spread his legs wide in invitation; an invitation Duo was quick to respond to.
 
Lying beside his lover, Duo grabbed the lube and coated his fingers thoroughly. Seeing Heero in this submissive posture was turning him on even more. Slick digits soon found Heero's entrance and they began the task of stretching the muscles.
 
Once the passage was stretched and lubed enough, Duo went for the tube again, only to have Heero pinch it from him. With a wicked look in those blue eyes, Heero squeezed a generous amount out, dropped the tube back to the bed and curled his fingers around Duo's length. He stroked languidly, coating Duo's shaft and head, ensuring the organ was completely coated in the slippery substance.
 
“Ahhh, that feels so good, Heero,” Duo moaned as his length was caressed lovingly.
 
“Need you,” came Heero's response and he opened himself further.
 
Settling between his partner's legs, Duo positioned himself and then began to push forward slowly. The muscle was still a little tight and offered some resistance, but the lube did its job and the head soon slid inside. Taking his time, Duo penetrated his lover, easing his length deeper and deeper until he was completely seated.
 
There was the usual slight burn upon initial penetration, but as his body adjusted, so the pain disappeared and was replaced with nothing but pleasure. Heero sighed softly, enjoying the intimacy of being one with his partner.
 
Having waited for Heero to adjust, Duo began his retreat, steadily pulling back and then sliding forth again. With each gentle thrust Heero's body opened up more and more until Duo was sliding in and out with ease.
 
“More,” Heero muttered and wrapped his arms around Duo's frame, pulling his lover deeper into him.
 
Hips sped up, rocking steadily as the depth of penetration increased and Duo found Heero's prostate. The rider's body shook and trembled with the pleasure that coursed through him, his pelvis thrusting higher to meet Duo's inward push.
 
They rose together, taking their time and building the enjoyment until both men were panting hard and only just hanging onto their sanity. Reaching between their rocking bodies, Duo made a tunnel with his fist, securing Heero's length inside and pumping in countenance to Heero's thrusts.
 
It didn't take long for Heero to reach the end of his endurance. Another stroke to his length, another caress of his prostate and he was falling into the pull of his orgasm. His mouth opened in a silent scream, fingers dug deep into Duo's back where they would leave bruises come the morning.
 
As Heero's climax tore through him, his passage began to pulse, the strong muscles constricting and then relaxing, effectively exciting Duo to the point where he could no longer hold his own release. With a shuddering groan, Duo let go, closed his eyes and flew.
 
Wave after wave of pure pleasure rolled through both men, each savoring the feeling and bathing in the heat of it all. Duo slumped against Heero, the rider holding him close as the last vestiges of his orgasm began to drain away.
 
Once they were both feeling a little more energetic, Duo rolled from on top, his now limp cock leaving heaven to lie against his thigh, happy and sated. Heero rolled over and draped an arm over his lover's waist. He nuzzled Duo's hair and pressed soft kisses to that creamy neck.
 
“We should clean up,” came Duo's rather sleepy voice.
 
“We should, but I'm too comfortable to move,” replied Heero.
 
“I know exactly what you mean,” Duo replied.
 
“Nap first, then a shower to clean off before evening consults and dinner?” Heero suggested as his eyelids grew heavy.
 
“That sounds good to me,” said Duo and snuggled even deeper into his lover's arms, sleep claiming him quickly given his tired state, not just from the horse but also from one of the most mind blowing orgasms he'd ever had.
 
Heero managed to push a couple of buttons on his wristwatch and set the alarm to wake them in an hour, then he cuddled Duo even closer to him and drifted off into a happy, sated slumber of his own.
 
~ * ~
 
tbc...