Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing: New Age ❯ The Water's Fine... ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gundam Wing: New Age

Chapter 6: The Water's Fine...

By: Angel BlueFlame

Author's notes: Well, one more chapter until Angel(Yuy)'s Sweet Sixteen! I'm only writing this chapter to waste time...I hope ya like it! ^_^

Thursday, June 14, AC 219

"Yeah, I figured we could just stay here today," Angel continued with her conversation with Diana as she passed Heero with a death glare, "Actually, HE suggested it...He's so paranoid, I swear!" She entered her room and locked the door.

"Well, considering his past as the `Perfect Soldier', can you really expect less?" Diana responded.

"I bet if he had a son, he'd...well...not be paranoid." Angel sighed as she fell onto her bed; "Maybe we could go swimming...We have a pool."

"Angel, your dad will throw a fit!" Diana said in a scolding tone, just before laughing, "Count me in!"

"Alright then, you spread the word. I'll get things ready and we'll come pick all of you up in about two hours, okay?" Angel said, sitting up with a hopeful grin on her face.

"Angel, you've been over exposed to us Maxwells. We'll see you in a bit. Bye," Diana chuckled, as she put the cordless phone back on the cradle.

Angel sighed, and she hung up the phone. She blushed and smiled shyly as she imagined Duo in a pair of swim trunks. She admitted to herself that she did have a crush on him, and she loved the fact that her dad would hate it. Maybe that would help him to finally give up on the whole `overprotective daddy' routine. She did love Heero, but she also loved knowing how something so little to get him riled up.

She made sure the pool and stereo system were ready. She looked around and sighed triumphantly. She looked to the left and, none to her surprise, stood Heero. He let out an exasperated sigh.

"You do this to me on purpose, don't you?" he asked, looking at the pool.

Angel smiled and shook her head, "Most of the time, just to keep you on your toes." She wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him. No matter how much time she spent with Relena, she was still Daddy's little girl. He smiled and hugged her back.

`Come on, Heero. She's a responsible girl. You can trust her,' he assured himself in his mind. She let go of him.

"I'm gonna go put my bathing suit on," she darted inside and upstairs.

Heero watched her; "It's him I don't trust..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

An hour and fifteen minutes later...

The ten teens entered the backyard. Duo was the first to enter the pool with the never-die, ever popular...cannonball. Everyone laughed. The girls all got comfortable in lawn chairs and started tanning.

Angel wore a pink, glittery tankini with short-like bottoms (She had to make some sort of compromise with Heero. There was no way she was gonna wear what he chose for her.) Diana wore a dark blue bikini; the bottoms tied on the sides. Rachel wore a swimsuit that was similar to Angel's, except hers was dark green and didn't have glitter. Jordie wore a zebra-striped one piece. Min wore a white, one-strapped one piece.

A few minutes later, Aaron, Duo, and Devon pushed Connor and Li into the pool, getting all the girls wet in the process.

"You guys!" Jordie squealed. Li sulked out of the pool, and Diana helped Connor out of the pool. It took him a few seconds to notice her bathing suit. His face turned a hard crimson.

She raised an eyebrow; "You okay?"

"Um.... Sure, just a little shaken...So...um... you swim pretty good...?" Connor asked as he looked away trying to hide his face.

"Yeah. I'm pretty good at a lot of stuff," she stated, placing her hands on her hips.

"I'm sure you are" he mumbled as he coughed some.

"Excuse me?" she half-glared.

Quickly glances at her; "Nothing, just commenting how your clothing is uh...very flattering." He was feeling like he was the prey and she was the predator; her cornering him, knowing that he didn't have anyway out.

She looked him up and down, smirked evilly, and shoved him back into the water.

Connor came up a couple of minutes later and spit out some water.

"Why do I even bother sometimes?" he asked himself as he sighed heavily.

She smirked again, and dove into the pool. As she dove in, Connor started to look around, feeling very uncomfortable where he was. She grabbed his ankles and pulled him under. Taken by surprise, he tried to yell out, only losing all the oxygen he had and started for the surface. They resurfaced at the same time. She turned to him and gave him a genuine smile, and laughed.

Breathing heavily, Connor gave her a slight annoyed look but couldn't help but laugh with her in the end.

"She must really like you, Connor. She hardly ever smiles for anyone," Duo grinned. Diana then, splashed him, and he chuckled. Connor just sank slightly in the water as he blushed.

"You're a fine one to talk, Duo!" Diana exclaimed, "You're completely head-over-heels for Angel." Duo threw a beach ball, which she dodged.

"I don't know about you three," Min started, "but I'm tired of just sitting here." Angel, Rachel, and Jordie nodded in agreement. All four of them got into the pool.

Within a few minutes, everyone except Li was in the pool. He just sat his wet self in a lawn chair, scowling.

"Hey!" Jordie exclaimed, "Anybody wanna play Buzz?"

Connor, Devon, and Rachel smiled they're affirmations, but everyone else had confused looks on their faces.

Noticing this, Devon decided to explain, "Buzz is a game where one person is on one side of the pool, and everyone else is on the other. It person that's by on one side is `it'. They pick a movie, TV show, or a cartoon. Then, they tell the other people the first letter or letters of the word or words, and give a clue about it. The people have to guess what it is and if someone guesses it, then they race try to swim to the other side before the person who's `it' does. Example: Say that I'm `it'. The thing I choose is...Batman. I would say, `B. It's movie about a super hero.' And let's say that Jordie guesses it. She and I would race and whoever touched the other side and yelled out `Buzz' first would be `it'."

Knowing this now, they all huddled to one side of the pool. They decided that Devon would be first up at `it'. He gave the letters `T and M'. His clue: An old movie about a guy raised in an alternate reality and he finds out that what he thinks is real isn't.

Almost exactly after the words came out of his mouth Jordie excitedly cried out, "The Matrix!" Both fourteen-year-old dove underwater swimming at full capacity, and Jordie won.

"Man! That ain't fair!" Duo whined, "Devon and Jordie have that whole freaky, twin psychic thing going on!" Everyone rolled their eyes at that comment.

After a few more rounds of Buzz, everyone got out off the pool and dried off.

"I'm in the mood for video games," Duo announced, "Anyone wanna go with me and hit the arcade?"

Li snorted and rolled his eyes, "That-a-boy, Maxwell. Destroy what few brain cells you have by drooling over a game monitor..." Duo glared at him for a moment before rolling his eyes and walking off.

"Fine then, Li, don't come...I'd just kick your ass anyway. It's better to not come than having to accept defeat from the likes of me, huh?" he smirked. Li immediately stood up at that.

"Fine, Maxwell. You're on!" Li growled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ok, folks, there ya go! I hope it makes up for the long update gap. BTW, my silent partner says hi. ^_^ N E wayz, I'd better get more reviews this time! plz lol

L8rz,

~*Angel*~