Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ In The Bedroom ❯ Night 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In The Bedroom: Night 19

The darkness was complete, all consuming and all assuming. There was nothing but space, and the four metal walls that kept it from him. Duo yawned at the huge monitors that were perfectly blank. He was alone. He could die, right here, right now. No one would know. No one would care.

Curling up in the pilot's seat, he shut down all unnecessary systems, trying to find every possible way to conserve power. He was alone now, but Duo knew they were coming. They always came.

It was strange, this space. It made him light, lighter than he had ever been. Duo hungered for the feel of it; the weightlessness, the infiniteness. This was the closest the living come to being dead. Floating, in this darkness, alone but not lonely.

Only the straps held him in place; the straps that held him in the pilots chair. The pilot. Duo liked that, too.

A red spot appeared on the screen, followed by a second, a third. He watched them come, but made no move to stop them. They could not see him, only knew he was near. There was time to wait, to watch, to wonder if maybe there was another way, another path he could have taken.

If maybe there was no reason for eternal rest tonight. If. Eternal.