Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Love Hurts ❯ The Bodyguard ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Hurts
Chapter 4: The Bodyguard
Pairings: Heero/Duo
Disclaimer: I do not own this anime/manga, nor the characters from it. They belong to Sundrise and Bandai Entertainment and the creators by Yoshiyuki Tomino and Hajime Yatate. I do not make any money from the writing of this story.
WARNING: This is about male/male relationships if you have a problem with it then don't read.
 
/ Thoughts /
 
oOoOoOo
 
The following week at the Sank Kingdom
 
Last minute preparations were in the works for the grand ballroom's party for that evening. The band had shown up the previous day to set-up their equipment. The princess took this opportunity to introduce herself along with her bodyguard.
 
“Ex-excuse me?” she said in a quiet tone.
 
A guy with short-cropped hair turned around to greet her. “Hello. You must be Princess Relena.”
 
She merely nodded her head. Once the fey youth turned around Relena almost gasped out loud. He was gorgeous. He was the most handsome young man she's ever laid eyes on besides the former Wing Zero pilot.
 
She studied him for a moment. He had very short straight brown hair and an oval shaped face. The most prominent feature was his eyes. They were a bright hazel color, unlike anything she had seen before. Heero's cobalt orbs were stunning to look at but the majority of the time they were lifeless and unemotional.
 
She continued with her assessment. The man was tall maybe an inch or two taller than Heero. He also had smooth creamy skin not tanned like her bodyguard's.
 
Wait-a-minute! I just thought of Heero as my bodyguard, She thought. A small smile played across her delicate pink lips. She knew that she was making the decision tonight.
 
“Relena?”
 
“Hmm,” she answered, still having that far off look in her cornflower eyes.
 
“Are you okay?” Heero asked giving her a semi-concerned look.
 
“Yes, why?”
 
“You kinda zoned out that's why.”
 
“Oh, I'm sorry…um…” Relena said almost ignoring Heero completely and for that he was grateful.
 
“Sean. Sean Mars,” he held his hand out to her and shook it. A spark of electricity traveled through them. Something happened. Both of them felt it.
 
She pulled away almost whimpering at the loss of contact when she introduced the person standing next to her. “Sean, this is my personal bodyguard, Heero Yuy.”
 
The brunette finally got a good look at the man. He was to busy checking out the princess to notice him before. After the shock wore off he hoped that he didn't give anything away by staring. However, the Fates were not going to be kind today.
 
“Uh, princess…I'm…uh sorry, but I need to…er…um get back to doing the sound checks with the equipment,” Sean stammered. He was beginning to panic.
 
“All right, I'll see you later, Heero.”
 
Relena was turning to leave with her guard dog when; “I need to inspect their equipment. I need to make sure that they're not carrying anything that I would deem a threat to you.”
 
“Okay. I'll see you for lunch. Bye.”
 
Once she was gone Heero turned his full glare on the musician.
 
“Who are you? And why did you react the way that you did when you looked at me?”
 
Oh, shit! Sean gulped - hard. As innocent looking as the guy seemed his eyes held a promise of a slow painful death if he said the wrong thing. “A friend of mine told me about you and I was kinda taken back when I saw you.”
 
“Meaning?!” Heero demanded.
 
Sean leaned in a little not wanting the others to hear what he was about to say, “Don't think of me as rude or anything but…you're drop-dead gorgeous.”
 
If Heero wasn't in soldier mode he might have smiled, “Who's your friend?” He continued with the inquisition not missing a beat.
 
“He told me not to tell you.”
 
Before Sean knew what was happening he found himself between a wall and a very pissed-off bodyguard, who held a gun.
 
“Now, I'm only gonna ask once more. Your friend who?!!”
 
“I'm sorry. I promised that I would not tell, but he wanted me to let you know that if you killed me that you wouldn't be able to see him tonight.”
 
That must have had done the trick because Heero loosen his death grip. The band members were gathering around as well as just in case. They didn't want to loose Sean because of some psycho.
 
“Heerroo!”
 
The ex-pilot snapped his head to the call. Two figures approached the group.
 
“Hello Heero,” greeted a short petite blonde.
 
The boy abandons his prey and gave his full attention to the couple in front of him, “Hello Quatre. Trowa.”
 
The ex-HeavyArm's pilot merely nodded his greeting while the Arab went in for the kill. Heero sometimes couldn't bring himself to tell his sensitive friend that a handshake was better than a full-scale hug.
 
Heero gave one last death glare at the lead vocalist and left with the two new comers. Walking to their unknown destination Quatre pulled back on Trowa to make sure that they were out of Heero's earshot.
 
“Trowa…did you recognized that guy?”
 
His husband merely nodded then added, “He's in Duo's band.”
 
No more words were needed. They knew. Duo was some where on the estate and Heero hasn't seen him, yet.
 
oOoOoOo
 
Rubbing his neck which by now had bruises on it from the assault, Sean's fellow band mates was fussing over how Brianna, their make-up artist, was gonna have a conniption fit over this.
 
“Hey, man what was up with that dude?” Steve asked in a worried tone.
 
Not wanting the others to know, shrugging it off as an insignificant error, Sean simply replied, “I guess that guy had way too much coffee.”
 
oOo TBC oOo
 
A/N: Reviews please ^_~
 
Nemesis