Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Tears ❯ The Final Effort ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

TITLE: Tears

CHAPTER: 3 - The Final Effort

AUTHOR: Anastasia

PAIRINGS: 2x5/5x2, 1+2/2+1, 1x5/5x1, 3x4

WARNINGS: This might get a bit complicated (the fic, I mean), yaoi, language, perhaps angst later (but not to much), little bit of sap. Set after Endless Waltz.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Jack, Gundam Wing or anything else I happen to use in this fic.

NOTES: OOC for Lady Une, but she doesn't play a major role. It'll get more into the story VERY soon!!

DEDICATION: To All those who review! THANKYOU!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Gentlemen?" Lady Une stood at the door of Heero and Wufei's office, a sheet of paper in her hand.

Both of the men sitting at their desks looked up from their typing, waiting to hear the reason for the interruption.

"Both of your holiday leave requests have been cleared. You are off duty for three weeks starting at five pm this afternoon." She walked in and placed the paper on Wufei's desk, the closest to the door, and walked out.

Wufei smirked. "Did you hack into the system and clear us, Heero?"

Heero looked Wufei in the eyes. "Hn."

They both turned back to their work, fully prepared to have everything in their inbox's finished before three so that they could leave early.

~^*^~

At three o'clock two very happy preventers walked out of the cramped office quarters for the last time for three weeks. Wufei contentedly popped his back as he raised his arms above his head, stretching.

"Have you booked and cleared our tickets, Heero?" Wufei asked as he opened the door to the passenger side of a VW Beetle[1].

"Hai." Replied Heero, getting into the drivers seat.

"Why did we get this car, anyway?" Wufei asked, semi rhetorically, once they were both seated and belted up.

"Duo's favourite." Heero murmured. Wufei's half smile vanished from his face almost immediately.

"Perhaps we'll be able to show him after these three weeks are out." Wufei said, reassuring both himself and Heero, or at least attempting to.

"If Duo Maxwell doesn't want to be found, he most likely won't be." Heero deadpanned. He then continued in a softer tone. "I wish I hadn't parted with him the way I did. I had no idea that it was actually possible to love two people, at the time."

Heero looked over at Wufei as he said this as they had stopped at a red light. Wufei met Heero's eyes and smiled slightly.

"I regret what I said that day to Duo as well. But now I understand what he was doing. Let's hope he can forgive us."

Heero nodded in agreement before looking back to the road and putting the car in gear.

The rest of the trip to the three bedroom house that Wufei and Heero shared was made in silence. Wufei stared out the window, watching the small signs of life in the forest by the side of the road before they sped past. Heero concentrated solely on driving, glaring at any driver who made the smallest error while driving. It was a frequent occurrence for the two, as when Duo was brought up in conversation accidentally it caused both preventers to brood on their regrets.

Heero parked the car in the garage of the house, chosen for its prefect suitability for the three ex-pilots. The three obvious factors was the white colour of the house for Wufei, the simplicity which suited Heero and the very old age of the house, which they both knew Duo would love. He loved anything old, from old circuits to old furniture.

They made their way up the stairs in the garage to a side hallway in the house. Once their, they embraced, glad for the ability to show affection now they were out of the public eye. Only Duo had seemed to be able to show affection in public without the fear left over from the war that someone was watching your every move.

Heero smiled down at the top of Wufei's head. "Are you packed?"

"Yes, are you?" Wufei replied into Heero's chest.

"Hai. Want to go?" Heero asked as he shifted and pulled Wufei away from him to look the question.

Wufei nodded, the proceeded to the stairs which lead to their shared bedroom. He idly ran his hand along the heavy wood railing situated on the side of the red carpeted stairs. He loved the feel of the smooth, polished wood against his fingers. He smiled slightly at the thought of what Duo would do if. . . once he arrived. He would immediately race to the top of the stairs, then slide down the banister. All in the name of fun, of course.

After Wufei had retrieved both Heero's and his bags, he walked back to the waiting man. Heero smiled at him and the both walked back to the car after turning on the alarm system. They would leave the house on it's own for three weeks, in a last attempt to find Duo. After this final try, they would stop, knowing that Duo truly did want to be left alone.

The ride to the airport was made in silence, each ex-pilot thinking their own thoughts about what they were about to do. They didn't speak as they got their tickets cleared and sent their bags through to be checked, or when they waited to board the plane. Once their fight was called Heero turned to Wufei.

"This is it. No regrets after this. . ."

Wufei just smiled and squeezed Heero's hand before standing, walking with his small duffel bag to the lady waiting to collect their tickets. They boarded the plane and left their home for three weeks. Three whole weeks in which they would hopefully find the one person who could make both their lives complete. The final words that were heard at the walked up the passageway leading to the plane were:

"Last call for passengers boarding the 234 to L2. Last call for passengers boarding the flight 234 to L2."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*

[1] Omg, Aren't these cars FANTASTIC?!!? Yes, they are! I LOVE THEM!! Once I am old enough to drive, and have enough money to get a car, that is what I want. THAT car and NO other!

~*~*~*~*~*~***~*~*~*~**~

Anastasia

~*~ Proud member of SDDI ~*~

~*~ Proud member of SDQB ~*~

General of the Baka Brigade!!

If you Review, I shall post much faster and write more!