Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Time ❯ New Years Eve Story ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Jack, Gundam Wing, Backstreet Boys (Or their songs) or anything else I happen to use in this fic.

//I know we've changed, but

Change can be so good

Oh so let's not forget why it's understood that//

New Years Eve:

Trowa stopped dead in his tracks. Wufei's house loomed in front of them - a haunted mansion in the middle of other equally old and haunted dwellings. It was a surprise, to say the least. The black curtains billowing out the window seemed to give it a certain . . . something, that was for sure.

Quatre hobbled up beside the green-eyed man. He let out a low breath.

"Wow, I wouldn't think that Wufei could be that daring. It looks like a house of a gothic."

"Well, I think he's getting into witchcraft. Maybe he thinks that this adds to his `Goddess side'." Quatre smirked as Trowa muttered to him.

Duo came up behind the pair. "Now, come on! You should know that Wufei tried being a gothic and then decided that he wanted to be a witch. He has the black now because he likes it!"

"That and it keeps door to door salesmen away." Heero smirked at Duo. "That way he can never be interrupted with his /precious/ animals."

Duo laughed and gave Heero a high-five. Trowa and Quatre just rolled their eyes. Poor Wufei - he was in for it tonight.

They reached the front door and a car was parked outside. All four men found this strange as they weren't expecting anyone else their for their New Years celebrations.

They knocked on the 2 meter high wooden front door and wait for Wufei to answer. It took a full minute, which seemed out of character. Wufei answered the door with his face flushed as though he had been either arguing or interrupted in the middle of an intimate moment.

"Ah. . . you're here already. . . uh. . . come in. Take a seat in the eating area, I'll show you to the lounge room shortly." Wufei looked very uncomfortable.

"We know the way, `Fei. You don't need to show us to the lounge room." Heero stated, aching to know what was up with the flushed man.

"No. Stay away for a bit. I just need to. . . finish something." His voice was hard and certain.

Duo and Heero looked carefully at Wufei. Something was going on. Quatre and Trowa were wondering exactly what had gotten into the Chinese man.

Wufei turned and walked into a near by door. The other pilots stood still behind him, not quite ready to move if they had a chance to find out what was going on.

As Wufei shut the door behind him, he let out a sigh and crossed to the man sitting on the couch in front of him. He held out his hand and lent a friendly hand to help him stand. Purple hair fluttered down across Wufei's visitor's eyes and Wufei knew that what he was about to do was going to be hard.

The man was slightly taller than Wufei and he had to look up slightly to meet the other man's eyes. "I don't want to argue again, and this isn't about the argument that we just had, but. . . Dashell. . . I know that we were off to a great start, but I don't think that we can continue seeing each other."

Dashell lifted his hand to cup Wufei's cheek. Gently brushing his thumb across Wufei's cheek, he asked, "Why's that, `Fei?"

Wufei gulped. He really had liked this guy, but it just didn't feel right. "I. . . I have to let some of my other feelings go before I can ever be true to anyone else. This week together was great but. . . it's also made me realise just how much my feelings for, well. . . these feelings that I have are impending on our relationship. It's not right to date you while I can not give you all of me."

Dashell looked down with understanding. "I didn't think you were putting your whole self into this relationship. But, you know, if you ever get rid of these `other feelings' I will be there. I really did enjoy our time together."

Wufei smiled at Dashell, leaning into the hand still cupping his chin. Then they parted and made for the door.

Outside the door, Heero was leaning up against the keyhole and jumped back suddenly, `They're coming!' he mouthed at the others. They all stood around, looking in random directions and trying to look like they weren't doing anything wrong. Duo had his hands behind is back and was whistling lightly.

Wufei and Dashell walked out, holding hands. The four other pilots gasped, thinking that Wufei was about to announce his engagement or something else along those lines. Wufei walked right past them and went to the front door. He opened it with his free hand and waited until Dashell was standing in front of him. Dashell went down a step and looked up at Wufei. "One last kiss?" He asked softly.

"With pleasure." Wufei replied, equally as quiet.

They leant in a pressed a chaste kiss to each others lips. It was a final farewell, the last goodbye. They parted, hugged and then Dashell made his way to his car. Wufei looked after Dashell long after his car had left his line of sight, wishing that his feelings were different.

Quatre's gentle cough brought him out of his reverie.

Wufei wiped his arm on his sleave before turning to the others. "Oh, right. Okay everyone! Let's go into the lounge room."

None mentioned anything about having noticed Wufei's shining eyes. They didn't know what had passed between Wufei and the stranger, but it must have been something serious for Wufei's composure to be this cracked.

They all sat in various places in the lounge room while Wufei made his excuses to go and complete dinner for them. He never mentioned being upset at their obvious eavesdropping previously, which made Trowa concerned. Wufei was not normally the sort to let something like that slide. Quatre was also concerned, as Wufei's emotions were extremely jumbled. He was hard-pressed trying to figure out anything that Wufei was feeling, the messages were that messed up.

Wufei stood looking into space in the middle of his kitchen. He was trying to think but failing, trying to slip into a meditative state and failing at that as well. It was getting slightly frustrating.

Trowa stepped in the room and watched Wufei for a time. He was joined shortly afterwards by Quatre. Wufei's posture was taut, and the muscles of his back were obviously tense and strained. Trowa was the first to act, moving to place a comforting arm around Wufei's back and standing in front of the Chinese man.

Wufei jumped at the unexpected contact and relaxed when he noticed it was Trowa. He heard the soft `ffftttt' that announced Quatre's movements. It hadn't occurred to Wufei before how much of a nuisance that the walking stick that Quatre needed was to stealth. Not that they would need stealth capabilities anymore.

Quatre moved up behind Wufei and wrapped his arms around Wufei's waist. Wufei tensed slightly, and then relaxed again. They were just doing this as friends. Trowa moved his hand to cup Wufei's cheek. "Are you alright?" He asked in his quiet voice.

"I. . . That guy, Dashell. . . I was. . . well, I started dating him just after Christmas. Actually, it was on boxing day. And. . . we really hit it off. But. . . oh, it's my own stupid fault. . ." Wufei stopped as his voice cracked and his shoulders hitched with his breathing.

Quatre rubbed Wufei's back with his cheek, lending whatever support he could. He also tried to convey calm feelings with his space heart. He hated to see Wufei like this. He had always cared about Wufei almost as much as he cared about Trowa, and he knew that his feelings could progress to equal Trowa if Wufei had ever shown the slightest interest. He knew that Trowa felt the same.

Wufei calmed slightly. Trowa lifted Wufei's face again at looked into the shorter man's eyes. Looking into Wufei's eyes, Trowa couldn't help it. No matter what Wufei had been through, he could think of nothing but the want to kiss those perfect lips.

Trowa lent in, tucking his hair behind his ear with his free hand while doing so. He gently brushed his lips with Wufei's, then pulled back, embarrassed at his lack of control.

Wufei stood stock still, shock making it impossible for him to move at the moment. Had Trowa just kissed him? Or was it an illusion brought on by his newly realised /strong/ feelings for the two pilots near him? He couldn't tell. His lips tingled from the barely touching brush of Trowa's lips.

Quatre snorted something that sounded strangely like `hog' and turned Wufei around in his embrace. Seeing as Wufei hadn't rejected Trowa he thought that he might as well express his feelings for Wufei as well.

Wufei moved easily to Quatre's bidding because shock was still effecting his mind and his ability to process what exactly was going on. He felt as though he was in a dream, watching himself from outside his body with a strange detachment. Quatre's walking stick clattered to the ground just as Quatre locked lips with the still shocked Chinese man. The sound of Quatre's walking stick falling broke Wufei out of his faze and he responded to Quatre's kiss, going as far as to open his mouth to Quatre's requesting tongue.

Trowa made an appreciative noise behind Wufei. This made Duo, still in the lounge room; perk his ears, and move to the doors which lead to the kitchen.

Trowa came up behind Wufei and slipped his arms around Wufei's body underneath Quatre's. He pressed gentle kisses along Wufei's neck and shoulders. Wufei broke away from Quatre soon after Trowa began to become more adventurous with his hands. He moved out of the joint embrace and took a step back.

"W. . . What brought this on?" He asked, gulping at the air slightly.

"Um. . . you look really cute when you vulnerable?" Quatre said, a faint blush tinting his cheeks. He was trying to stay upright from the feelings overwhelming feelings that kissing Wufei had evoked, and his leg wasn't helping him keep his balance.

"But, you have each other. That's why I never. . . you don't have room in your hearts for any other!" Wufei said, a faint flicker of hope appearing in his heart even as he protested.

"I wouldn't say that, would you, Quatre?" Trowa asked. At Quatre's agreement he continued. "We both have room in our hearts to love you, if that's what you want."

Wufei looked dumb-struck for a moment, and then embraced them both, throwing his arms around their necks and pressing kisses to each of their cheeks. "I. . . thankyou, thankyou both. You have no idea how complete that makes me feel."

Quatre and Trowa smiled at each other. This was what they had wanted for a long time now. Who knew that Wufei had wanted it as well? All three began to take advantage of their newly discovered feelings for each other - pressing kisses to any area of skin that could be reached in their current attire.

Duo had made his way stealthily to the door and opened it as the other three pilots were very involved in each other. "Yo, Heero! Get a load of /this/!"

Heero sprinted to where Duo was just as the other three broke apart. "Damn, you missed the /hottest/ threesome!"

Heero looked disbelievingly at Duo then at the three on the floor of Wufei's kitchen. His eyes threatened to bulge out of his head. "Woah! Damn, I did miss out!" Heero said to Duo.

Trowa stood up gracefully, running his hand through his slightly dishevelled hair before lending a hand to Wufei and then grabbing Quatre's walking stick while Wufei helped the blonde up.

Wufei said in an undertone to Quatre as he was helping the other up. "You know, that leg of yours is going to give us brilliant excuses for some /very/ creative positions."

Quatre flushed as Trowa handed the walking stick over, and for once was grateful for the accident. It was the first time that he had felt anything good about his misfortune since it had occurred.

Heero and Duo smirked at the pair before smirking at the oven. "Hey, Wufei? Because you were paying attention to people instead of your animals I think that we're going to have to order take-out." Heero said.

Duo smiled and nodded towards the oven so that Wufei understood their reference.

"Oh, that's ok." Wufei replied, smirking evilly. "That's desert for you two because you both don't like baked cheese cake. I thought that I would make and apple pie for you both, but it doesn't look like you can have it now."

Heero and Duo glared nearly identical glares before Duo retorted. "Well, where the hell is dinner, then?"

Wufei moved to the black fridge and removed cold salads, seafood and Japanese New Year cakes. Heero looked longingly at the Japanese food that Wufei was revealing. Duo looked longingly at the assorted seafood. Trowa and Quatre gazed at the lot, noting the impressive lengths that Wufei had gone to so that everyone had a meal that they liked.

While everyone was gazing at his cooking, Wufei removed the nearly black apple pie. He cut the top off expertly to make a semi-apple tart. He left it to cool while he grabbed the drinks.

Once he had set everything up in the dining room, he went back into the kitchen, where everyone was still gazing at the food. Sighing slightly he picked up two platters and carried them into the adjoining room. Once the platters were picked up, the other pilots sprung into action and brought in the rest.

Wufei tied his hair back, which was in little plaits with red streaks, and moved to the head of the table. The others chose their seats and everyone sat down to enjoy their meal.

~*~

Duo ran his hand through his hair again. Heero caught it and moved slightly so that he could do it. Duo relaxed - there wasn't much he liked more than a head massage from Heero. He lifted one of his own hands and ran it through Heero's ponytail. The bristling ends felt so different to his own hair when it had been the same length.

Wufei and Quatre were sitting together on a hammock. Trowa was further back in the yard, preparing the fireworks. Wufei's hands absently rubbed Quatre's leg, stilling every so often while Wufei pressed a kiss to Quatre's temple. Quatre's head leaned up against Wufei's shoulder and he hadn't felt so at peace with himself in a long time.

It was surprising how quickly Trowa, Wufei and Quatre had slipped into `old relationship' actions. They weren't acting like Wufei had just joined them that night, continuing as though Wufei had been with them their entire relationship. It was slightly strange to Wufei, but he felt like it was right. He did the right thing in letting Dashell go tonight. He had what his heart had desired for some years now as a result.

Wufei could remember a time when he would have refused to talk to a gay couple merely because it went against his teachings. A threesome of any sexual arrangement would have seemed absolutely disgusting. And yet, now, the love and acceptance he felt. . . it was good. He could never return to the person he had been before, and he was sure that Quatre and Trowa couldn't either. The changes that they had undergone over time had resulted in the happiness of today.